• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 19, 2016, 03:33:54 PM
Do they at least have Carnivora and premade turkey on whole wheat?

Is that a real non-shopped picture?

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 03:39:51 PM
Of course it's real.  Everything on the internet is real.

coaster

Quote from: ItsOver on January 19, 2016, 03:46:14 PM
Of course it's real.  Everything on the internet is real.
Even Noory's hair color?

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 03:39:51 PM
The only thing real is the hair dye in Noory's eyebrows.

chefist

That was my take away too...

What is Gabcast?  I assume that the majority if you here take massive amounts of LSD late at night and talk to inanimate objects, the conversation with those objects is then referred to as the "gabcast"?

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on January 19, 2016, 03:47:02 PM
Even Noory's hair color?
Only his raccoon hat keeper knows for sure.

ItsOver

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 19, 2016, 03:48:54 PM
What is Gabcast?  I assume that the majority if you here take massive amounts of LSD late at night and talk to inanimate objects, the conversation with those objects is then referred to as the "gabcast"?
Yes, that's it.  I'm only snorting premium turmeric, though.  Praise MV and Turbo mode express delivery.

Careful with that premium turmeric.  I heard that side effects can include stalkers that fart in your general direction, which could easily derail a live radio show.

Gruntled

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 19, 2016, 03:48:54 PM
Close.
1. It's Ald 25
2. We talk to each other and make believe people.
3. It's GabCast. Please respect us.

ItsOver

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 19, 2016, 03:59:18 PM
Careful with that premium turmeric.  I heard that side effects can include stalkers that fart in your general direction, which could easily derail a live radio show.
That's OK.  I have a homeless person I met on the street lined up to take over for me.  I'm sure it'll be swell.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 19, 2016, 04:03:16 PM
That's OK.  I have a homeless person I met on the street lined up to take over for me.  I'm sure it'll be swell.
Sounds like a sound plan.  Who gives a fuck about your loyal fans anyways, right? 
Those fools will listen to anything after all...

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on January 19, 2016, 02:26:29 PM
Maybe he'll come back when they run out of money to pay Heather.

Or when they run out of Heather to pay money.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 19, 2016, 02:48:20 PM
Define "well" because I wonder if we all have the same ideas on what that is. Then comes the question if she is being paid "very well" why are they blowing so much money on her to sink the network?

I doubt she is being well compensated by any industry standards (surprise, she lied last night --  maybe). Firing everyone else, however, would have freed up some cash. But even with that, Art is likely now footing most of the bill for her.

Motivation? If not lust (and we have no evidence of that), then pride would suffice. He might have a real problem admitting he screwed up with her. That's very plausible.

Donald Noory

"Looking for options." Does that include Falkie?

chefist

Quote from: Donald Noory on January 19, 2016, 05:46:38 PM

He does have the self-taught, on the job experience! Why the hell not?

Donald Noory

Heather said last night she's just keeping Art's toilet seat warm until he comes back.

3OctaveFart

A rolling consortium of Bellgabbers hosting the show could not do worse.

Donald Noory

Heather should call Falkie tonight 30 minutes before the show and ask if he'll co-host with her. That would be cool.

ItsOver

Quote from: Donald Noory on January 19, 2016, 05:46:38 PM
I'd go for MV with Falkie.  They did a decent GabCast.

Look at these awful grandpa shoes

hitfan

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 19, 2016, 02:04:51 PM
I hate to say this, but I agree.  Art has officially burned all of his bridges of support... how could he possibly come back from this, even if he wanted to?  He's betrayed so many loyal fans.  His Facebook page is a joke, it's an echo chamber of brainless following fools, but perhaps that's what makes him feel better about all of this.  I think we'd rather just listen to reruns from the 90's and early 2000's and act like Art never came back. 

The most shocking thing of all is the amount of respect I have now gained for Noory just because he fucking shows up to work every night.   He may have the conversation skills of a brick wall, but at least the motherfucker shows up and I've learned recently how rare of a skill that seems to be.

George Noory is mediocre, but he is reliable.

Art Bell is a radio genius but completely unreliable.  That people are surprised he bailed out on his current internet show given his past history, is rather surprising.

Personally, I could probably stand George Noory more if he just hosted occasionally on weekends while a better host took the reins during the weeknights for C2C.

norland2424

Quote from: ItsOver on January 19, 2016, 06:06:06 PM
I'd go for MV with Falkie.  They did a decent GabCast.

Why not go for that new up and comer Dave noory? I hear he "gets it"

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 19, 2016, 06:13:03 PM

Limited selection at the Pahrump Walmart.

Gruntled

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 19, 2016, 06:13:03 PM

Wal Mart shuffles.
Art 's stalker is after them

ge30542

I urge all to hear recent gabcast, it is must see TV.
I'm 40 minutes into it. Heather sounds: defensive. Chip on her shoulder, and under the influence, ( unless she always randomly giggles during sentences).
Her superiors tell her, more than once, "Bateman would do a better job than you", so hearing that, she phoned him 30 minutes prior to air, and says " then YOU do the show". Now she's spinning it as just wanting to "rattle up his cage"?
He, (Bateman), on the other hand sounds rational and totally flabbergasted, ( his word), at the shit storm which we know as Redacted. I don't know the woman, I know she is not an on air talent that I choose to listen to, but during the first 40 minutes of this gabcast, she sounds unbalanced, unhinged, out of touch with reality, and like a total whack job.
Listen and judge for yourselves. I'm sure the remainder of gabcast will prompt additional posts, but I gotta clock in now.

Kolchak

Went to see if Art had said anything new on Facebook, and it looks like he's deleted a few posts. Whatever that's worth.

coaster

If I remember correctly, she gave three different excuses for why she called bateman. I guess she was trying to see which one would stick. Excuses, guilt trips, it really did have it all.

coaster

Quote from: Donald Noory on January 19, 2016, 05:59:01 PM
Heather should call Falkie tonight 30 minutes before the show and ask if he'll co-host with her. That would be cool.
I'd listen to that.

ge30542

Quote from: coaster on January 19, 2016, 06:32:29 PM
If I remember correctly, she gave three different excuses for why she called bateman. I guess she was trying to see which one would stick. Excuses, guilt trips, it really did have it all.
Sounded like a petulant, spoiled child who REFUSES to accept blame for a mess she has created. Like the cat who has canary feathers on its lips, denying it ate the canary.