• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: ge30542 on January 19, 2016, 06:36:27 PM
Sounded like a petulant, spoiled child who REFUSES to accept blame for a mess she has created. Like the cat who has canary feathers on its lips, denying it ate the canary.

I didn't get why she thought it was Bateman's fault that people suggested he be the MITD host. 

Or why she's still so pro Art Bell.  This is his mess.

Night Train

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 01:40:13 PM
OK. So...Everybody kick me if you want, but my guess, Art is not coming back, at least not in any meaningful way IMO. 

Gee, ya think?

Did you hear that the Beatles broke up?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2016, 06:41:49 PM
I didn't get why she thought it was Bateman's fault that people suggested he be the MITD host. 

My guess - the fact that he signs her paycheck may play a large role.

Night Train

Quote from: coaster on January 19, 2016, 02:41:56 PM
Heather said they were trying to find a man to replace her, which may or may not be bullshit, but here is a thought. Would Art have even given her all of these opportunities if she were not a female? My guess is no.

Bingo!

And then she whines about sexism. 

After spending years as a phone sex operator, to boot.

Clearly, self awareness is not Redacted's Prolapsed's strong suit.

coaster

She also said she gets paid very well, which confuses me considering advertisers and affiliates are running for the hills. I would mention what I think is going on, but god forbid I get banned for slander or libel... ::)

ge30542

Exactly! She NEEDS to say it was "just a joke" to deflect Bateman's observation that she IS an EFFing lunatic.

Value Of Pi

It seems like she thought it was Bateman's fault for having more talent than her and for being of the male gender. See ge's posts above regarding her mental age and maturity. And Bateman was a convenient target, being only a phone call away.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2016, 06:44:22 PM
My guess - the fact that he signs her paycheck may play a large role.

Of course it does.  Her choices are:  say nothing, suggest he could have done a few things differently, or defend him wholeheartedly.  She shooses the latter.

She sounds like a Manson Family-esque true believer.

AppealPlay

So...still a shitshow then?  Good to know.  I'll be back in 30 days for another update. :o

3OctaveFart

She should be paid well for being treated like a mule.

CornyCrow

Quote from: coaster on January 19, 2016, 01:39:15 PM
How long did Art know Heather before he wanted to make her co-host? I found it odd that Art wanted to change the format of the show. Just seems like everything happened so fast. I still think a lot of these weird decisions were made because Art was attracted to her. I could be going out on a limb when I say that, but if it was two other random people, it would be pretty obvious why these decisions were made. But because it was Art, I think people pussyfoot around the subject.
Maybe Art had the hots for her...
I can't think of any other reason a seasoned professional with a lifetime of radio experience would make such stupid decisions.
I don't know, if he's a manipulative person he could have entertained Heather just to get his wife jealous for some reason or another.  We really don't know.  Maybe Heather does a really fine job in marketing herself. 

Maybe Art had a plan to back out all the time, just starting the network as a project?  That could be why he wanted to start out jointly with another talker, but one who did not cost a lot. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2016, 02:19:03 PM
Maybe Art was trying to get the show started... bring in some co-host's after a while... and then sloooowly sift himself off the show with the hopes it would stand on it's own?   Like he wanted to create something like coast again that he could then influence from behind the scenes with the nightly option of possibly jumping on the mic whenever the whim would hit him?

Then the stalker thing... however it happened, happened.  and there you go... maybe sped up his 5 year plan into a few months?

I know I'm not alone in thinking that if the "stalker" thing came to a close and he suddenly came back I'd probly shit myself... but if I WERE HIM... and I wanted to come back except this stalker was pulling some ish, I'd have already come back on the air on a few random unannounced nights.

the fact that he hasn't pulled an impromptu show seems to point to him not really wanting to come back to me...
I'm with you with the exception that I doubt the stalker was real.  He wanted, I believe, to do as you suggest, a duo show and he would bow out gradually.  That did not pan out, so he keeps Heather in the wings (as producer) until he figures out how to ease her in and him out.  He gets that with an imaginary stalker - a way he can stay in the background controlling things and make it Heather's show. 

Hey, it might not be so, but it could also be. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: hitfan on January 19, 2016, 06:13:45 PM
George Noory is mediocre, but he is reliable.

Art Bell is a radio genius but completely unreliable.  That people are surprised he bailed out on his current internet show given his past history, is rather surprising.

Personally, I could probably stand George Noory more if he just hosted occasionally on weekends while a better host took the reins during the weeknights for C2C.
+1

You know things are bad when they lead to Noory getting cut some slack.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on January 19, 2016, 07:28:43 PM
I'm with you with the exception that I doubt the stalker was real.  He wanted, I believe, to do as you suggest, a duo show and he would bow out gradually.  That did not pan out, so he keeps Heather in the wings (as producer) until he figures out how to ease her in and him out.  He gets that with an imaginary stalker - a way he can stay in the background controlling things and make it Heather's show. 

Hey, it might not be so, but it could also be.
I'm shocked you are still debating this. Why won't you admit your idol is a stone cold meth chef?

IS THAT SO HARD TO ADMIT?

Why do you keep casting about for other reasons? You know admitting there is a problem is the first step Segundus. I can try to help you find a help-line or something. We are here to help you hon.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Meatie Pie on January 19, 2016, 06:59:55 PM
She should be paid well for being treated like a mule.
Sure.  Coming from the point of view that there is no hanky-panky going on;  she, as a new talent, should have been developed slowly and carefully before having this thrown at her.  It's too much all at once for a new kid.  Since it was her aspiration, how could she say no - yet the experience may end up being more harmful for her and her career than if she had followed the normal course for the profession. 

I had only listened to her during the first, co-show. 

I think it must take years to develop on on-air personality that is strong and self-assured and can express opinions (a sign of character) in a certain way that keeps the door opened for others to express theirs. 

It's not always doing a person a favor to push them into the fire too soon.  Heather is stuck.  She must now rise above it all and not loose her footing nor her strength.  She should turn the remaining programs into great fodder for her resume. 

Can she do that?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 07:43:27 PM
I'm shocked you are still debating this. Why won't you admit your idol is a stone cold meth chef?

Why do you keep casting about for other reasons? You know admitting there is a problem is the first step Segundus. I can try to help you find a help-line or something. We are here to help you hon.
Glad to see I can still get to ya', hon.

Night Train

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 07:43:27 PM

That fucker Art owes you, Tardelo.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on January 19, 2016, 07:55:36 PM
Glad to see I can still get to ya', hon.
Oh baby... When will you listen to sense? We still set a place at the table each night for you. Come home soon hon. {{{hugs}}}

WOTR

Quote from: Some Random Fat Dude in Missouri on January 19, 2016, 02:23:19 PM
This this this. /\ /\ /\

40 days and 40 nights have passed.
Thanks for reminding me.  As appropriate and true as the lyrics may be, it must expire at midnight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCk73PtnrUg&list=PL0A39E8D0ECB3EB96

Lets see... We have

Well I gotta go, see I'm real short of time
It would be nice I know, but see I've read between the lines...

Oh I, remember when everything was fine
When I look back again they were such happy times
But you, had to go- and change made everybody blue (and ever so slightly psychotic.)

And now,there's nothin left to say just find someone new

Ciardelo

Quote from: Night Train on January 19, 2016, 07:59:05 PM
That fucker Art owes you, Tardelo.
heh.

you cucks try to turn it around and it just don't work against TOP-KEK

/signed DANCEDAD

Night Train

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 08:01:04 PM
heh.

you cucks try to turn it around and it just don't work against TOP-KEK

/signed DANCEDAD

Has Redacted Prolapsed asked you to take over MITD yet? 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Night Train on January 19, 2016, 08:08:14 PM
Has Redacted Prolapsed asked you to take over MITD yet?
One hundred ninety-five million views you bitch. TOP-KEK

https://youtu.be/fJ9rUzIMcZQ

LoLo

Listening to the first part of the GabCast I missed last night. Savory.

WOTR

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on January 19, 2016, 06:58:09 PM
So...still a shitshow then?  Good to know.  I'll be back in 30 days for another update. :o
Sneak in quietly... In 30 days I get the feeling we will all be sniping at anything that moves.  See you then.

ge30542

She says she's not "askin' anyone to like me" or "askin' anyone to listen" if "someone can do the show better than me, then do it, otherwise I'll do the show".
What a trooper, the show must go on. Take one for the team. Meanwhile, Bell is nowhere to found, he's washed his hands of this disaster, and Noory is laughing.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2016, 06:57:23 PM
Of course it does.  Her choices are:  say nothing, suggest he could have done a few things differently, or defend him wholeheartedly.  She shooses the latter.

She sounds like a Manson Family-esque true believer.

Yeah, but Art's the kind of guy who'd carve his own name in his forehead.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Segundus on January 19, 2016, 07:54:03 PM
Sure.  Coming from the point of view that there is no hanky-panky going on;  she, as a new talent, should have been developed slowly and carefully before having this thrown at her.  It's too much all at once for a new kid.  Since it was her aspiration, how could she say no - yet the experience may end up being more harmful for her and her career than if she had followed the normal course for the profession. 

I had only listened to her during the first, co-show. 

I think it must take years to develop on on-air personality that is strong and self-assured and can express opinions (a sign of character) in a certain way that keeps the door opened for others to express theirs. 

It's not always doing a person a favor to push them into the fire too soon.  Heather is stuck.  She must now rise above it all and not loose her footing nor her strength.  She should turn the remaining programs into great fodder for her resume. 

Can she do that?
I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who is either too thick or too obstinate (or too starstruck) to realize they're being harmed.

ge30542

Where can I find this show of Bateman's?
He sounds I telligent.