• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ge30542

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 18, 2016, 09:45:59 PM
If Art is ever going to call in, tonight is the night. Only problem is he's going to need to sneak up to his hotel room's bathroom while his wife and kid are at the buffet.
"Excuse me honey, I'll be back in a minute"

Element 115

Trainwreck in the desert
'You mad bro' across the sky
This passive aggressive journey
will take us on a ride
Filled with circular logic
and logical fallacies
Will we make it till tomorrow
Is Heather Wade on her knees?

Trainwreck in the desert
and we're listenin'

ooooo, we're listenin' to you...

Element 115

"They all float down here." -Pennywise

Element 115

Quote from: ge30542 on January 18, 2016, 10:00:35 PM
"Excuse me honey, I'll be back in a minute"

Hopefully they are back from Vegas and just took a weekend trip.

Jackstar

Great, now we all have to study copyright law along with libel and slander. Thanks.

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:08:38 PM
Why? This is an art bell forum for real fans . If you aren't a real fan then go somewhere else

Quote from: Segundus on January 18, 2016, 09:47:17 PM
He's a great talent, but some not too nice things may dwell on the other side of that coin.   

This is how it is with a lot of admired people (leaders, celebrities, politicians) A lot of them get where they are by being ruthless, cunning, selfish or other things most regular people might not value as being good qualities.  There's a lot of psychopathic traits in these people, which is why regular people turn on them so quickly when they find out.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2016, 09:47:32 PM
Bell will never call in.

I'm afraid that ART will leave Heather to twist in the wind.  I'm just not sure he's got the stones to  go on air and back Heather's play. 
I'm hoping that ART will surprise me.  But I'm not expecting him to.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 18, 2016, 10:09:16 PM
I'm afraid that ART will leave Heather to twist in the wind.

Oh, he's screening calls. He's just not ever gonna call in.

Robert

Quote from: boxman on January 18, 2016, 02:18:38 PMHow the fuck is that going to help?? Even if she had the skills she is a no name and would have no chance keeping the show afloat without help from someone with a name like Art.
The great majority of people on the air or stream everywhere are no-names as far as you know.  But they're still in biz.

I have it on good authority that Art was handing his phone off to random passersby in the Bellagio Friday night to fill open lines.

Night Train

Quote from: Meister_000 on January 18, 2016, 10:40:38 AM
Topic: Integrity, Honesty, Decency, Truth in Advertising (and the reaped diaper funds)
Why is this place still called, and the home page named when you save the Link, and Google factors it in it's search results . . .

"THE Art Bell Fan  Forum"  ?

And do note those emphatic all-caps.
And yes, this is directed at MV.

LMFAO

Night Train

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on January 18, 2016, 10:01:38 PM

Trainwreck in the desert
'You mad bro' across the sky
This passive aggressive journey
will take us on a ride
Filled with circular logic
and logical fallacies
Will we make it till tomorrow
Is Heather Wade on her knees?

Trainwreck in the desert
and we're listenin'

ooooo, we're listenin' to you...

Two thumbs up!  Way up!

Shaz

Quote from: Jackstar on January 18, 2016, 09:47:32 PM
Bell will never call in.
Sure he will, right after he apologizes to me in my thread for his ostrich ways... he'll want to lift his 19 year blacklisting on the air... like he made it. ::)
I promise. ;)

Night Train

Quote from: Chronaut on January 18, 2016, 12:50:38 PM
It takes two qualities to create a successful new career:  a true passion for the field with the intelligence to learn it, and a freakishly uncommon unwavering level of commitment.  Heather has demonstrated these qualities, and Keith and Art are damn lucky to have her.  If she hadn't stepped in at a moment's notice the show would've gone up in smoke the day Art departed from the show.

Whenever I have the opportunity to hire new talent, I scour the earth for people like Heather, because I can shape that metal into a Samurai sword.  I always hire raw, bright, fiercely committed people because I know what they'll be capable of anything once they learn the secrets.  And it never fails; everyone I've trained is at the top of their field today, and a major asset who I can call upon when I need their help - and they come through, because that's who they are - talented, well-trained, loyal mfers.

She's growing every week despite the worst kind of adversities.  Yes it's a long-term commitment to grow a new talent into something spectacular, but it's worth it.  And it's much easier to shape a raw talent than it is to take a developed talent and try to re-shape it into a better one.  All she needs to come through the process and bring home a win for everyone involved is the same level of commitment that she's already demonstrated to her employers, and a steady, patient, talented mentor.

And frankly I'm enjoying seeing this happen; I've never heard the growth process of a radio show host before and it's fascinating and fun.  I'm more engaged now than I was before Art stepped aside.  I want to see her succeed and I know she can.  She deserves the opportunity to do that.

If she wants to step aside, then that's a different story, and I wouldn't blame her.  But if she gets forced out, then I'm done with DMDN.

You are so full of shit it's pathetic.  Your idiot stories make Art's stalker nonsense sound plausible.

Night Train

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on January 18, 2016, 12:59:47 PM
Chrononaut, this is you on Art's ass: ;)

Tru dat, mah brutha.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BellBoy on January 18, 2016, 10:06:53 AM
No, simply an overabundance of consonants.  ;)

heh heh

Oleus

Night Train

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 18, 2016, 02:23:06 PM
Weighing in late here,  but it seems the vagina strat is working.

I can just imagine the conversation how Heather found out:  I'm sorry heather, but we didn't realize you didn't have a penis.  I'm sorry, but we have to let you go.

For irony, it doesn't get much richer than a proud former phone sex operator complaining about sexism.

Night Train

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 18, 2016, 02:35:45 PM

I mean, this was a very young girl from an entirely different reality who was from one of the biggest cities in the Philippines who's now in her 30s with a kid living in the middle of nowhere desert in a different country with a 70-something year old man who's all wrapped up on a lady he met on a forum who's obsessed with him and talking about how someone is trying to kill him when he does his radio show. I'm sure everything is swell.

Not to put too fine a point on it!

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Night Train

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 18, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Radio isn't 100% voice though, you have to take into account: experience, knowledge of the subject, personality, and the ability to hold it together when stuff starts going south too.  Wells has a great voice, but I found him to be a pretty much an intolerant person that just complains a lot, so I stopped listening to him. On Heather, I can't see why any late nighters or truckers wouldn't like an intelligent female voice, in fact I can see men preferring it, so in my opinion it has to come down to something other than just voice.

On the subject of voice, here's a lady that doesn't need to try to sound good, she just sounds good.  Just read me the phone book lady.  You don't even need to try and sound flirty. <3

Wells has a great voice, but not much going on upstairs.

Oleus

Quote from: Night Train on January 18, 2016, 10:53:20 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it!

It's funny 'cause it's true.

That's just troll talk. I'm going to find some newspaper article about being stalked online and post it and equate it to this and and make it equal, because it's so.

Oleus

pate

H. G. Wells was a saxophone player?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevexsDcQt4

I canna buh-live it's not Buddah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-csGDoSSZyc

just, WoW!

Shaz

In all seriousness, someday Art will have his fair share of well prepared crow for his unwillingness to engage me in dialogue. The fact is his "legacy" includes turning his back on me, and his listeners... in my case. You know it Art.
   He will open the door, as I've said before... because it will be in his perceived best interest. When academia gets done acknowledging, and defining these devices... the history of them will be documented... and the 19 year (+?) blacklisting he oppressed me with will be a depressing footnote of historical curiosity.

ge30542

Friday night, redacted said Keith would update the list of radio stations for display tonight.
By my count, it went from 43 down to 39.
That's a helluva lot more than I would've thought.

Night Train

Redacted Prolapsed,

Hey, if you need to duck out early tonight, and need someone to take over the show, PM me. 

I ain't doin' nuthin', and I can't sleep.  And I own several Nick Redfern books.

I'm serious, Redacted Prolapsed.  Call me!

Interesting, "theONE" the mysterious poster who was supposedly censored and banned from here as the real person Art was pissed at (apparently not KoK or DP) is on /x/ right now firing some pretty heavy shots about why he was banned and what his issues are.