• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: coaster on January 19, 2016, 10:20:13 PM
If heather was working as a host anywhere else, she would have been let go. not because she's a female, but because she just isn't that good. I listened to the start of the show last night, and it just. wasn't. good. That's not being a troll. It's not being mean. It's just stating the facts.
Art is giving her special treatment. Ok, so what. But that doesn't mean people have to like it. I'll be damned if I have to lie and say I like something just so the person giving her special treatment doesn't get offended. That's just silly and not how adult people with a brain operate.
I have been one of those people who listened to Art for twenty years. Supported his show by subscribing. Helped him with the social media blitz. But I'm not going to kiss his ass and tell him everything is perfect, because it's not. The show tanked, the networks tanked, and Heather won't last very long. That's the truth. The folks on facebook telling you they would lap up your shit if you'd let them are the real trolls. Bunch of rubes on facebook. /Truth.
But evidently I'm trolling... ::)

+100

If heather was working as a host anywhere else, she would have been let go. not because she's a female, but because she just isn't that good. I listened to the start of the show last night, and it just. wasn't. good. That's not being a troll. It's not being mean. It's just stating the facts.
Art is giving her special treatment. Ok, so what. But that doesn't mean people have to like it. I'll be damned if I have to lie and say I like something just so the person giving her special treatment doesn't get offended. That's just silly and not how adult people with a brain operate.
I have been one of those people who listened to Art for twenty years. Supported his show by subscribing. Helped him with the social media blitz. But I'm not going to kiss his ass and tell him everything is perfect, because it's not. The show tanked, the network tanked, affiliates and advertisers are disappearing. That should tell you something. Heather won't last very long. That's the truth. The folks on facebook telling you they would lap up your shit if you'd let them are the real trolls. A bunch of rubes on facebook. /Truth.

All rubes have been reported.  ;D

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 19, 2016, 10:20:49 PM
Wait I found it.

So yeah everything I just said was truth. Times two now, because I had to search for this fucking quote so Massa Art doesn't get any ideas.

Oh, ok..so some type of gastrointestinal disorder...

DeltaBravo

I have been one of those people who listened to Art for twenty years. Supported his show by subscribing. Helped him with the social media blitz. But I'm not going to kiss his ass and tell him everything is perfect, because it's not. The show tanked, the network tanked, affiliates and advertisers are disappearing. That should tell you something. Heather won't last very long. That's the truth. The folks on facebook telling you they would lap up your shit if you'd let them are the real trolls. A bunch of rubes on facebook. /Truth.
Keeping it 100% Good on ya. +1

Kolchak

Seems like most people have forgotten what trolling means. Trolling is not making mean comments or offering up blunt critiques. Trolling is a very specific thing. It involves deceiving the person being trolled. And, somewhat ironically, I think Art is actually very good at trolling.

Bounder

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 19, 2016, 10:20:49 PM
Wait I found it.

So yeah everything I just said was truth. Times two now, because I had to search for this fucking quote so Massa Art doesn't get any ideas.

Sounds like Crohn's Disease.

ge30542

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 19, 2016, 10:19:19 PM
Isn't is cute how Art and (Redacted) assure each other that they've done nothing wrong in all of this?

Art to Heather: "You're getting better each day dear, I don't know why they criticize you're skills".
Heather to Art: " I don't know why they're criticizing your decision making process, but I'll keep your seat warm".

Not just that. His entire fan base and the entire ethos of this website is we're anti-mediocrity and terrible hosts. Art cultivates this guerrilla attitude, spends years pushing it, then pulls his bitch act and is surprised his entire fan base turned on a girl he met on an internet forum with no experience who he installs as the host of his show?

Is he just fucking stupid or does he enjoy the hate?

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 12, 2013, 04:58:28 PM
Dudes, I don't know about everyone else, but I cross the street a bit slower because I am disabled and every step I take is pain.  They glare at me like the devil.  Well, I am sorry, I am going as fast as I can.  I am not trying to "make you wait", I am just trying to get home alive with my food.  Try walking while having constant stomach pain to do everything you have to do, in the 100 degree heat, and see how fast you walk.

I'd never cross on a green light, though.  That is a messed up thing to do.

OMG

norland2424

Quote from: Bounder on January 19, 2016, 10:24:15 PM
Sounds like Crohn's Disease.

Yup and she did mention almost dying from an intestinal problem during one of her open lines.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 19, 2016, 10:25:20 PM
Not just that. His entire fan base and the entire ethos of this website and we're anti-mediocrity and terrible hosts. Art cultivates this guerrilla attitude, this pulls his bitch act and is surprised his entire fan base turned on a girl he met on an internet forum with no experience who he installs as the host of his show?

Is he just fucking stupid or does he enjoy the hate?

Part of his marketing for the acquisition of affiliates was "quality broadcasting"... A dig at C2C....

saab93driver

All I wanted when I joined this site almost 8 years ago was Art Bell back on the radio.  Just a couple nights a week, predictably, would have been fine.  I wanted to take a ride, the guy has unmatchable talent, no doubt about it, that's the attraction.  But I also didn't want to be left in the middle of the desert highway (again) and have to hitch hike home, but I knew the risks going in every time and I'm not surprised now.  Same as I wasn't surprised when the XM situation didn't last or when his shows from the PI didn't last or his weekends only gig on C2C came to an end.  Shit, I remember when he was thankful for Premiere to let him do the weekend shows as a way to help with his mourning process after Ramona's passing, I was actually thankful myself he was back on the air -not under that circumstance but you know what I mean.  Now, like Bellgab, like XM, they are the evil empire.  Doesn't take a genius to figure out who is the common denominator in all that. It's never going to be stable from now on. It's just come to be bullshit now.  As a listener I determined in a "duh dumbass" moment I have 2 things in my power...listening or not listening (and that even depends on if there is something to listen to) and the damn TT subscription.  I said fuck it yesterday...even before Coastgab show happened in I cancelled that.  I thought about buying a T-shirt from the DMDN site, but $25 + shipping seemed like too much.   

Some of you veteran bellgabbers are making 4chan seem tame and responsible.

ge30542

Heather was giddy with delight reading/writing nasty posts about Noory, but when the show's on the other foot, well, that's different.
Victim much?

littlechris

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on January 19, 2016, 09:26:01 PM
Who wouldn't want to see a cartoon of Art paying a mail order bride for sex?

Can we please get a detailed drawing of that?

Quote from: ge30542 on January 19, 2016, 10:29:19 PM
Heather was giddy with delight reading/writing nasty posts about Noory, but when the show's on the other foot, well, that's different.
Victim much?

She said she's the ONLY one that can't make jokey jokes. Poor Heather.

Quote from: littlechris on January 19, 2016, 10:29:53 PM
Can we please get a detailed drawing of that?

It was posted in the Hoaxie thread :) lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on January 19, 2016, 09:26:01 PM
Who wouldn't want to see a cartoon of Art paying a mail order bride for sex?

Is it oral sex if you lick the stamp?

akwilly

Quote from: saab93driver on January 19, 2016, 10:28:27 PM
All I wanted when I joined this site almost 8 years ago was Art Bell back on the radio.  Just a couple nights a week, predictably, would have been fine.  I wanted to take a ride, the guy has unmatchable talent, no doubt about it, that's the attraction.  But I also didn't want to be left in the middle of the desert highway (again) and have to hitch hike home, but I knew the risks going in every time and I'm not surprised now.  Same as I wasn't surprised when the XM situation didn't last or when his shows from the PI didn't last or his weekends only gig on C2C came to an end.  Shit, I remember when he was thankful for Premiere to let him do the weekend shows as a way to help with his mourning process after Ramona's passing, I was actually thankful myself he was back on the air -not under that circumstance but you know what I mean.  Now, like Bellgab, like XM, they are the evil empire.  Doesn't take a genius to figure out who is the common denominator in all that. It's never going to be stable from now on. It's just come to be bullshit now.  As a listener I determined in a "duh dumbass" moment I have 2 things in my power...listening or not listening (and that even depends on if there is something to listen to) and the damn TT subscription.  I said fuck it yesterday...even before Coastgab show happened in I cancelled that.  I thought about buying a T-shirt from the DMDN site, but $25 + shipping seemed like too much.   
I found bellgab by accident. I was trying to get advice on propper care for a cast iron skillet and somehow  ended up here.

HumanBeing

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 19, 2016, 10:28:28 PM

;) Are you not entertained?

GravitySucks

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 19, 2016, 10:28:28 PM

See what you started?

saab93driver

Quote from: akwilly on January 19, 2016, 10:35:17 PM
I found bellgab by accident. I was trying to get advice on propper care for a cast iron skillet and somehow  ended up here.

I know where you are coming from.  I was cruising the downtown streets in the red light district looking for street walkers and found coast to coast on the radio.

littlechris

Quote from: Donald Noory on January 19, 2016, 10:14:26 PM
I suggest you spring for Times Square advertising for Falkie's Youtube extravaganza.

Nice. Not a bad idea actually.

phrodo

Oink oink little piggies. Happy little piggies. With happy little brains. Oink oink. Roll around some more .. looks like you missed a spot.  ::)

trostol

Quote from: phrodo on January 19, 2016, 10:40:58 PM
Oink oink little piggies. Happy little piggies. With happy little brains. Oink oink. Roll around some more .. looks like you missed a spot.  ::)

better than be the

that you are

Donald Noory

If Heather didn't want "400 opinions every day" on whether she's good or not, maybe she shouldn't have taken the job. If I went to a Lakers game and Kobe Bryant came up in the stands and asked me if I wanted to play, I'd probably tell him my free-throws are good, but I'm not quite up to it.
She should stop with the bullshit complaining.

phrodo

Quote from: trostol on January 19, 2016, 10:43:00 PM
better than be the

that you are

Oh .. nice post. You really got me there little piggy. If the shit fits wear it. Oink oink away....  ::)