• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Coffeeman

Quote from: Night Train on January 19, 2016, 01:54:12 AM
While I regard your scenario as unlikely, I wouldn't say it's unthinkable. The man isn't close to being wired like most people.  He certainly seems to have a deep-seated contempt for his listeners.

You might be on to something. Some people do a job for the pain alone.

ge30542

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 01:35:33 AM
Oooh! Oooh! New theory! NEW THEORY! I just came up with this one, like a thunderbolt from the heavens:

Art is so pissed at Keith about something, that he wants to deliberately torpedo the DMDN without Keith knowing that he's doing it on purpose... so he invents the stalker, and... here we are.

I admit, this is a stretch. Anything else wrong with it? Also, if someone else thought of this already, sorry, my bad.
HEY!, wait a minute, it just might hold water.
Very nicely done jack, very nice indeed.
You had your thinking cap on didn't you?

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on January 19, 2016, 01:42:10 AM
Strange the places a mind can wander.

What was that thing with Bell and Rowland feuding, like two months ago? I missed it, I was busy (redacting). Thanks in advance for the concise summary and links.

ge30542

Quote from: Night Train on January 19, 2016, 01:54:12 AMHe certainly seems to have a deep-seated contempt for his listeners.
(Art, thinking to himself, 1996)....." these stupid M Fers, believe every word they hear on this dumb show. Every scenario I propose, they swallow, hook, line and sinker. The fools even believe Dames, what a bunch of boneheads".

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 18, 2016, 11:23:28 PM
Interesting, "theONE" the mysterious poster who was supposedly censored and banned from here as the real person Art was pissed at (apparently not KoK or DP) is on /x/ right now firing some pretty heavy shots about why he was banned and what his issues are.

I doubt if anyone on that forum has ever had a sexual relationship with a woman other than their cousin with down`s syndrome.

ge30542

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 02:00:21 AM

What was that thing with Bell and Rowland feuding, like two months ago? I missed it, I was busy (redacting). Thanks in advance for the concise summary and links.
If you refer to the feud prior to launch, I think that was due to Art telling Keith to stop being a dick. He threatened to pull the plug before MITD started, but they made up like 36 hours later.

ge30542

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 19, 2016, 02:09:03 AM
I doubt if anyone on that forum has ever had a sexual relationship with a woman other than their cousin with down`s syndrome.
Ouch!

Jackstar

Quote from: ge30542 on January 19, 2016, 02:09:33 AM
If you refer to the feud prior to launch, I think that was due to Art telling Keith to stop being a dick. He threatened to pull the plug before MITD started, but they made up like 36 hours later.

I... don't recall a feud before launch. But I was distracted then, and later. Intriguing!

Art sure did pull the plug though, huh?

ge30542

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 02:16:12 AM
I... don't recall a feud before launch. But I was distracted then, and later. Intriguing!

Art sure did pull the plug though, huh?
Probably I've forgotten the feud to which you refer.
Leading up to launch, it was on again, off again about 5 or 6 times, music, contract, this, that  geez!

Night Train

Quote from: ge30542 on January 19, 2016, 02:09:33 AM

Actually, IIRC, he didn't just threaten to - he actually did pull the plug before MITD even started, saying he was dropping his comeback because he couldn't trust Keith.  But a couple days later he had decided that  he could trust Keith after all and never mind what he said about canceling his plans to get back on the radio. 

Not sure if that was before or after the other time he quit before MITD even started, when a man who had been in radio for 50 years suddenly discovered that you have to pay musicians if you play their songs on the radio.

Jackstar

Quote from: ge30542 on January 19, 2016, 02:18:57 AM
it was on again, off again about 5 or 6 times, music, contract, this, that  geez!

Quote from: Night Train on January 19, 2016, 02:20:34 AM
he was dropping his comeback because he couldn't trust Keith.  But a couple days later he had decided that he could trust Keith and it was all a big misunderstanding. 

Fascinating. It's amazing what a little context does, truly.

You know, I hate to say it, but long before MiTD ever hit the air, I, as well as another frequent poster, successfully predicted that Art would be gone before the weather turned cold. Well...it just got a little chilly down here a couple weeks ago.

Art is predictable, if nothing else.

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 02:00:21 AM

And I thank you for spelling it out for me (I know that is not your usual style.)  I had almost completely forgot about the feud and butthurt.  Your theory may just hold water.

Sean92008

Another new theory:

Art is in Las Vegas so that Aryn can go cashing in on bets predicting that AB will not be successful.

JesusJuice

I was reading this old thread on Fantastic Forum from November 2014 and it seems that Art quit DMDN back then and took his website down because he was mad at Keith for letting Jimmy Church take a guest hosting gig on C2C in addition to doing his show on DMDN.

I don't even remember that. So Art quit twice before his show even started.

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=48772

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on January 19, 2016, 02:23:21 AM
And I thank you for spelling it out for me (I know that is not your usual style.)

Hell's bells--I thought I was being vague. You're welcome!

This idea explains Wade and Rowland both acting like clueless imbeciles. (I have never thought either of them were actively stupid, but events of the last fortnight have caused one to wonder.) If Bell is running the whole game himself because he's enjoying putting the screws to Keith, it would explain a great deal.

I will leave the creation of a bulleted list of past anomalies that can now be explained, to another, much grander netizen than myself. I gotta have a nightcap!

Quote from: JesusJuice on January 19, 2016, 02:30:31 AM
I was reading this old thread on Fantastic Forum from November 2014 and it seems that Art quit DMDN back then and took his website down because he was mad at Keith for letting Jimmy Church take a guest hosting gig on C2C in addition to doing his show on DMDN.

Don't get sucked into the vortex.  You will never escape!

trostol

Quote from: JesusJuice on January 19, 2016, 02:30:31 AM

i remember that lol

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 02:32:38 AM

Hell's bells--I thought I was being vague. You're welcome!

This idea explains Wade and Rowland both acting like clueless imbeciles. (I have never thought either of them were actively stupid, but events of the last fortnight have caused one to wonder.) If Bell is running the whole game himself because he's enjoying putting the screws to Keith, it would explain a great deal.

I will leave the creation of a bulleted list of past anomalies that can now be explained, to another, much grander netizen than myself. I gotta have a nightcap!

I'm thinking some people are a little too grand in the netizen department.

Quote from: coaster on January 18, 2016, 09:16:42 PM
I wonder if he is having fun watching the train wreck he created. I bet he says fuck it, packs up the family, and moves back to the Philippines.

If he had done that in the first place when this whole stalker thing started, then he could have broadcast from there and everything would have turned out fine. The family would be safe and he would still have his show. Instead it's all been blown to hell and the whole episode dragged a lot of people down with it.

Quote from: coaster on January 18, 2016, 09:16:42 PM
I wonder if he is having fun watching the train wreck he created. I bet he says fuck it, packs up the family, and moves back to the Philippines.

If I had Art`s bank, that`s where I would be. Hell, last time I was in the P.I., I had a beach bungalow with a beautiful view of the sunset, full-time maid, and non-stop beer and chow for $250/month. Art is like the big Kahuna when he`s there.

Jackstar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 19, 2016, 04:36:50 AM
non-stop bear and chow for $250/month.

As Freudian slips go, this one takes a cake.

Note: cake not available in the P.I., or--nightmarishly--means something else.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 04:40:20 AM
As Freudian slips go, this one takes a cake.

No savvy. Explain.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 19, 2016, 04:17:21 AM
If he had done that in the first place when this whole stalker thing started, then he could have broadcast from there and everything would have turned out fine. The family would be safe and he would still have his show. Instead it's all been blown to hell and the whole episode dragged a lot of people down with it.

Aren't Airyn's relatives living in his condo?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 19, 2016, 07:25:58 AM
Aren't Airyn's relatives living in his condo?

Are they? Well then she really hit the jackpot when she married Art.

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 19, 2016, 02:35:45 AM
Don't get sucked into the vortex.  You will never escape!

Night Moves! Great song.

munbeam666

Quote from: sydtron on January 19, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
Jesus christ.  4chan is like walking into the devils butthole.  And I thought Walmart was nasty.
excuse me but what is 4chan?

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on January 19, 2016, 01:35:33 AM
Oooh! Oooh! New theory! NEW THEORY! I just came up with this one, like a thunderbolt from the heavens:

Art is so pissed at Keith about something, that he wants to deliberately torpedo the DMDN without Keith knowing that he's doing it on purpose... so he invents the stalker, and... here we are.

I admit, this is a stretch. Anything else wrong with it? Also, if someone else thought of this already, sorry, my bad.

Neat theory.  It just might work.  But where do the Professor and Mary Ann come in?