• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2016, 02:19:03 PM...the fact that he hasn't pulled an impromptu show seems to point to him not really wanting to come back to me...

This this this. /\ /\ /\

40 days and 40 nights have passed.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2016, 02:19:03 PM
the fact that he hasn't pulled an impromptu show seems to point to him not really wanting to come back to me...

Maybe he'll come back when they run out of money to pay Heather.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 19, 2016, 01:57:46 PM
Does anyone have a recording of Heather's recent meltdowns?  I cannot listen to her without my testicles shrinking and quivering in pain, otherwise I'd tune in myself to hear the sound of slow twisting metal just like any other good quality trainwreck.  Also I don't want her to mistake me for an actual fan, so I don't want to actually tune in to a live show.

Which shows would those be?
They're back on the torrents again.

Heather stated on the GabCast that she asks Art every day to come back and he says no. Not sure how much clearer that he can be.

If there's no investigation and no stalker activity since and Art's not done a show since he left then the writing is on the wall. He's not coming back.

BellBoy

Quote from: Some Random Fat Dude in Missouri on January 19, 2016, 02:23:19 PM
This this this. /\ /\ /\

40 days and 40 nights have passed.

It has been indeed, a silence of biblical proportions.

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on January 19, 2016, 02:29:43 PM
Which shows would those be?
They're back on the torrents again.

I can't keep up around here, but I thought I read about Heather making certain comments on-air about the drama... ?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 19, 2016, 02:37:19 PM
I can't keep up around here, but I thought I read about Heather making certain comments on-air about the drama... ?

If you can give me a date, I can probably get you the show.

coaster

Heather said they were trying to find a man to replace her, which may or may not be bullshit, but here is a thought. Would Art have even given her all of these opportunities if she were not a female? My guess is no.

Shaz

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,6585.0.html
Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 19, 2016, 01:26:28 PM
She did, then gave out her email to drum up support. Heather sounded absolutely bonkers on the Gabcast, so anything she says is questionable at this point. Peter Eberhardt didn't tell her that the program wouldn't sell because she's a woman and only leveled with her about her performance (which probably came as a shock, given Art's "she's getting better every week" fluff), getting fired in the process. What we're witnessing are the death throes of a network.
So is it all about mental health, really?
Bonkers has a rich tradition here at bellgab:
Quote from: Up All Night on November 02, 2013, 07:31:18 PM
Un huh...  8)
"Lazy" was/is my favorite song from the album, even after radio eventually went bonkers for "Smoke On The Water".... That vinyl was "magic", really;D

R.I.P. Jon Lord
Varying degrees of radio bonkers ever since.

Now I have been credited with advanced bonkers myself, constant demonstrated bonkers... in fact.

Quote from: b_dubb on August 20, 2014, 08:17:53 PM
You deny all you want. Because you constantly demonstrate that are fucking bonkers
Here I am being called bonkers and (redacted) concurs.
Quote from: (Redacted) on August 20, 2014, 08:37:08 PM
Concur.
It may take bonkers to know bonkers.
I think she might have absolute concurrent bonkers.
Somebody check the DSM
Quote from: (Redacted) on July 27, 2014, 11:43:00 PM
Too soon to tell.  There's just no reasoning with crazy.
Har, har, har. ;)

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on January 19, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
Heather stated on the GabCast that she asks Art every day to come back and he says no. Not sure how much clearer that he can be.

How psychotic is that?  :o That to me was the most interesting thing from the GabCast was the daily and constant conversations.

Day One

"Hey you don't suck."
"Please come back."
"No."

Day Two

"Hey you don't suck."
"Please come back."
"No. Stalker gonna kill me bro."

Day Three

"Hey you don't suck."
"Please come back."
"No. Stalker gonna kill me bro."

Day Thirty-Eight

"Hey you don't suck."
"Please come back."
"No. Gotta go have a party with OPP."

Repeat until Art gets bored or decides to stop wasting money.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: coaster on January 19, 2016, 02:41:56 PM
Heather said they were trying to find a man to replace her, which may or may not be bullshit, but here is a thought. Would Art have even given her all of these opportunities if she were not a female? My guess is no.

That whole thing is odd.
I'm still trying to figure out how they can afford to pay her so well.

coaster

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on January 19, 2016, 02:45:35 PM
That whole thing is odd.
Out of Art's pocket. perhaps Asia's college fund. Men do weird things to woo the ladies they love.

That whole thing is odd.

Define "well" because I wonder if we all have the same ideas on what that is. Then comes the question if she is being paid "very well" why are they blowing so much money on her to sink the network?

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 18, 2016, 08:40:30 AM
There used to be a cabaret artiste from here by the name of Sticky Vicky, whose unique skill set involved the firing of ping pong balls from said orifice. No doubt that is one of the skills you are so anxious to acquire.

By the way, I don't think there are enough posts containing random uses of the word 'vagina' since the glory days of the Bella Haven thread, before Brig mounted a coup and threatened with excommunication anyone who didn't use 'cocksucker' instead. I can't remember the precise details, but I think it involved a fist fight with nbirnes in a deserted quarry somewhere. That's normally Brig's preferred way of settling arguments, of course.

Oh, I nearly forgot...you da man, Ar...oh fuck it. Vagina!

Today's contribution:

(I do so love shopping at Tesco)

Ciardelo

Quote from: BellBoy on January 19, 2016, 02:49:12 PM
Today's contribution:

lol

Kolchak

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on January 19, 2016, 02:31:04 PM
If there's no investigation and no stalker activity since and Art's not done a show since he left then the writing is on the wall. He's not coming back.

If there is a stalker, they're doing a terrible job.

Hog

That whole thing is odd.
No one know how much she gets paid.  "being well taken care of" can mean many different things to different people.
Regardless though, there was lots of money coming in, with smaller amounts still coming in.

peace
Hog

I wonder if the rumor that she's living in Art's guest house or where she's broadcasting from is true? There's been all sorts of odd slips.

Coz

ok- I'm out for another couple weeks.

Quote from: ziznak on January 19, 2016, 02:19:03 PM
Maybe Art was trying to get the show started... bring in some co-host's after a while... and then sloooowly sift himself off the show with the hopes it would stand on it's own?   Like he wanted to create something like coast again that he could then influence from behind the scenes with the nightly option of possibly jumping on the mic whenever the whim would hit him?...

If that's what he was doing, he could have said so, up front.  People would have been fine with that.  People even suggested he do that.

He's clearly not an upfront guy.  He seems to make decisions based on emotions, and may or may not even be capable of making thoughtful decisions.

chefist

For my part last night, I said what I wanted to about the PM's I received. Art and Heather have completely turned against their fan base, and the bridges are burning!

Art needed a business/pr manager from the start...and all this folderol could have been avoided, and he could have been held accountable for the business and personal obligations that he made in regards to MITD.

I think Heather is just showing the symptoms of immense pressure...I hope things work out for her, but she shouldn't take it out on the rapidly dwindling fan base that MITD has now...

I've always said that Steve Warner would be a good fill in for Art on the nights he wanted off...I listen to his show and will continue to...it is very professional, interesting and innovative...

Chine

Quote from: BellBoy on January 19, 2016, 02:33:12 PM
It has been indeed, a silence of biblical proportions.

BellBoy,

Your avatar always delights me. It's both creepy and adorable.  :)

Quote from: BellBoy on January 19, 2016, 02:49:12 PM
Today's contribution:

Looks like they're out of vagina turmeric.

Ciardelo

Quote from: chefist on January 19, 2016, 03:03:13 PM
For my part last night, I said what I wanted to about the PM's I received. Art and Heather have completely turned against their fan base, and the bridges are burning!

Art needed a business/pr manager from the start...and all this folderol could have been avoided, and he could have been held accountable for the business and personal obligations that he made in regards to MITD.

I think Heather is just showing the symptoms of immense pressure...I hope things work out for her, but she shouldn't take it out on the rapidly dwindling fan base that MITD has now...

I've always said that Steve Warner would be a good fill in for Art on the nights he wanted off...I listen to his show and will continue to...it is very professional, interesting and innovative...
Thanks! I like that word.   ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 03:10:52 PM
Thanks! I like that word.   ;)

Almost as good as verve.

BellBoy

Quote from: Chine on January 19, 2016, 03:05:25 PM
BellBoy,

Your avatar always delights me. It's both creepy and adorable.  :)

It's a bit like me then.  ;)

munbeam666

+1

ItsOver

Quote from: Some Random Fat Dude in Missouri on January 19, 2016, 03:10:47 PM
Looks like they're out of vagina turmeric.
Do they at least have Carnivora and premade turkey on whole wheat?

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on January 19, 2016, 02:39:04 PM
If you can give me a date, I can probably get you the show.
Thanks, but no clue.  Sounds like the comments were made on "gabcast" or some shit.

ItsOver

Heather didn't even seem to understand last night what you were saying about your contribution for the Time Square ad.  It was your disappointment in Art, not about her reimbursing you.  The entire DMDN circus doesn't "get it."