• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 22, 2017, 08:43:27 PM
It's time to set Pelosi adrift on an ice floe.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/pelosi-76-dem-co-sponsors-call-resolution-censure-trump-white-nationalist/?AID=7236
Indian ceremonies and warfare (several tribes were VERY inventive in torture and rape techniques) is interesting, and often brutal. Unfortunately we normally get these weird new-agey ideas that all Indians were pleasant, peaceful folk in communion with nature, "Gaia," and each other. Though the certain Inuit etc tribes who would abandon their old-folks and practice infanticide in times of troubles, is there much difference with our practices to abandoning them (or other unwanted) to bad nursing homes or VA hospitals, "care pathways" to death, abortion, etc- done in times of, relative to most of history, convenience, wealth, and ease?

"With increasing opposition to the Morning Star Ceremony from both the American government and some of the Pawnee leaders, the Pawnee held their last known Morning Star Ceremony in 1838. At this time, they ritually sacrificed Haxti, a young Oglala woman"

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 22, 2017, 08:42:39 PM
Trump just laying into the mainstream media.  ;D
That was awesome!  Heh, heh. ;) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 22, 2017, 08:48:32 PM
Wow! He's pardoning Arpaio....just not tonight.  ;)
I hope he pardons him and does so soon. That would be awesome. Illegals and the Democrat Media will have another meltdown. I recently listened to an old AB with him on it. He had some unorthodox ideas, and I'm not for police brutality and have lots of criticisms for things like private prisons and asset forfeiture law abuse, but think he was railroaded simply because he tried to enforce the law and protect his citizens and was against Obama, or whatever his name was/is.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2017, 09:38:43 PM
I hope he pardons him and does so soon. That would be awesome. Illegals and the Democrat Media will have another meltdown. I recently listened to an old AB with him on it. He had some unorthodox ideas, and I'm not for police brutality and have lots of criticisms for things like private prisons and asset forfeiture law abuse, but think he was railroaded simply because he tried to enforce the law and protect his citizens and was against Obama, or whatever his name was/is.

Yeah, I feel basically the same way about it. When I read his story he does seem like kind of a mean SOB but I also know the Dems were trying to railroad him over his stance on immigration.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2017, 05:35:19 PM
I've had it mistaken for a Confederate Battle Flag before. In these times of militant Leftists I would wear or display with some caution.

ps: Islam=Bad

Haha I was wondering how you'd come down on that, you've been so equivocal!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 22, 2017, 07:26:55 PM
This fundamentalist virus as you call it waxes and wanes in its visibility but jihad and world domination are essential pillars of the faith.  What you see as spiritual succor, most of us 21st century infidels regard as a spiritual, political and intellectual tyranny.  Any diversity of thought since the Suni/Shiite schism has been met with brutal repression.  Ever hear of an Islamic Reformed Mosque?  That's all just fine with me except when their 14th Century beliefs become a threat to western civilization in general and my Country in particular.  This is not just an abstract polemic for me and many others.

Yeah I've heard that argument that Islam has had no reformation.  I'm no expert, but there's a big Ahmadiyya community here, a 19th-century movement that recognizes all faiths, forswears violence, and redefines jihand as an inner struggle for purity.  They're considered apostates by most, though, since they think their founder, coincidentally named Ahmad, was the Mahdi.

paladin1991

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 22, 2017, 08:09:58 PM
Ok, it wasn't racist to ask Obama to present his birth certificate and other documents.  There is a valid question about it, and the fact - the fact - that he presented two forgeries makes made it even more suspicious. 

I dunno.  If I had ponied up the fucked up docs that the O did when I enlisted in the Marines, I would have been jailed.  But I guess if I were running for pres, I could just offer up my library card and get a pass for the BC.

K_Dubb

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 22, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
My characterization of Islam over the past 100 years is accurate.  Tell me where on the globe the Muslims get along with their neighbors, whether they are of a different religion, or a different version of Islam? 

So what that in 1500 years you are able to find some instances where they were engaged in arts, sciences, and humanities.  I think some of that has been inflated, and some of what they are given credit for in places like Spain was actually done by the Jewish population and others.  It wasn't a positive for those conquered by the Moslems.  Overall they have been wildly negative.  It isn't a ''grand old faith'', it's been hostile, aggessive, and repressive over it's entire existance.  Any periods or places it wasn't were the exception.  You may want to reconsult your historical research.  Your reference of looking back 50 years when thundering preachers were held in check by governments is exactly what I was refering to when I referenced Mubarek, Khadafy (the last several years of his reign), Saddam, and Assad. 

I'm with you about dealing with Muslims as they exist now, and am very in favor of cooling it until they figure their shit out.  Those are my main points. 

You can say anything you want about m views, but the vast majority of the American people agree with me.  We see what's going on in the world, and don't want more of it here.  No one is owed access to our country, and until we can sort out who is peaceful and who wishes us harm, I see no point in admitting any.

I'm curious, how many Muslims do you know?  I know a few, and from what they tell me, the vast majority (80% plus) of the Muslims here in the US range from slightly anti-Western to rabidly anti-Western.  100% hate Israel and our foreign policy in the Middle East.

The majority of Muslims in Western nations easily meet your criteria.  I know three personally, one convertâ€"all decent people.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 22, 2017, 09:58:22 PM
Yeah I've heard that argument that Islam has had no reformation.  I'm no expert, but there's a big Ahmadiyya community here, a 19th-century movement that recognizes all faiths, forswears violence, and redefines jihand as an inner struggle for purity.  They're considered apostates by most, though, since they think their founder, coincidentally named Ahmad, was the Mahdi.

To understate things, I'm sure Ahmadiyyans have never quite had the following that the Protestants had when they split from the Roman Catholic Church.  Nice try though.  ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 22, 2017, 03:06:26 PM

And as a result of her drive to sell publically owned concerns back to the population, I mean hedge funds and overseas countries, the UK has a railway service owned by the Germans and French (Both of which have nationalised railways!). Not one energy company British owned and not one British owned water company. Oh yeah, she had a pair alright..

Oh.  Do they belong to the British people?  Hmmmmm.   CuckcuckcuckcuckCUUUUUUUCK!  Do you want the Americans to come over there (again) and make the evil Germans and French give them back?

K_Dubb

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 22, 2017, 10:03:32 PM
To understate things, I'm sure Ahmadiyyans have never quite had the following that the Protestants had when they split from the Roman Catholic Church.  Nice try though.  ;)

Oh come on, Kid asked if I knew of a Reformed mosque and there happens to be one down the road from me.  I thought that was pretty good.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 22, 2017, 10:02:10 PM
The majority of Muslims in Western nations easily meet your criteria.  I know three personally, one convertâ€"all decent people.

Yes but if they thought there was a chance of dominating and ruling you you know they would.  ::) ;)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 22, 2017, 09:54:20 PM
Haha I was wondering how you'd come down on that, you've been so equivocal!
;)
You know it is funny, I've posted before about it, but had lunch a few weeks ago with some old neighbors and family friends since I was a kid the other day and same issues. Pakistani (cousins married by arrangement) they sort of live separate lives (he in 90's and she in mid-70s) but still married. He is almost militant, in a intellectual way (a retired professor in math,) about Islam- in particular he blames the Saudis (primarily) and also says that the British "were the best thing to happen to the area" and says "Islam had its place because before Mohammed 'it was even worse.'" And, like me, says that the Arab areas were the most backward, no culture, areas but, due to oil and strategic position became powerful and so Islam spread. And the worst kind of it. But that the worst of Islam has been exported but even the basic tenets are so bad and have no place now. The family is Sayyid (though, honestly, I don't know how true those genealogies are.) She, as good Muslim wife- but more as "old couple who are set in their ways"- still attends mosque (had Obama sign in yard, hates Trump) and does charity work and taught school and is very nice. Not going to suicide bomb or even poison my lamb masala (she only is militant to say when we say "get Indian" we usually mean, actually Pakistani food. Even she admits that now when she goes home (rarely) that she has to be picked up and driven to family compound and no women go out. She says when she grew up they could go to school, even dates (but often timed or groups etc), wear dresses, go to a movie, and no garb. Not like the USA today but more freedom than now (think 50's USA, I guess.) He refuses to return to Pakistan since he left for school and never goes to Mosque and will drink a cognac with me (only one for him though due to his age.) He says best thing was British law and doesn't like country reverting. Funny thing was he also got his Phd etc in Germany. These days a Pakistani studying in Germany would likely be studying to be a jihadist in some Saudi or Qatari funded Madrassa.

ps: this is sort of a "have black friends" admittedly post.  :)

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2017, 09:38:43 PM

If Hilary and Obama and their associates are getting off scot free, then people like Joe Arpaio shouldn't be prosecuted either.  I think everyone but the Left is tired of the two tiered justice system for crimes committed by office holders, depending on party. 

He ignored a court order that told him to not follow immigration law - seriously, wtf?

Next up for pardons are the soldiers convicted of crimes when all they were doing was protecting themselves and their fellow soldiers in battle and in possible terrorist attack situations.  Often they were making split second decisions that broke rules of engagement that should never have been implemented.

If we are going to be in Afghanistan, the rules of engagement that are geting our people killed need to be scaled way back, and those conviced of ''murder'', ''assault'', etc, when violating them under Obama should be set free, their bullshit convictions scrubbed, and given any medals and promotions they are due.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 22, 2017, 10:07:53 PM
Oh come on, Kid asked if I knew of a Reformed mosque and there happens to be one down the road from me.  I thought that was pretty good.

OK man.  You know I'm just being difficult and teasing you a bit.  Carry on then,  you muzzie ass-kisser.  ;D ;D ;D ;)  JOKING!!! I've had Muslim friends too from Pakistan.  That country seems to produce more reasonable Muslims for some reason.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 22, 2017, 10:16:53 PM
OK man.  You know I'm just being difficult and teasing you a bit.  Carry on then,  you muzzie ass-kisser.  ;D ;D ;D ;)  JOKING!!! I've had Muslim friends too, from Pakistan.  That country seems to produce more reasonable Muslims for some reason.

Ummm...other than SA I think the great majority of Islamic terrorists come from there.  ???

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 22, 2017, 10:14:21 PM
Next up for pardons are the soldiers convicted of crimes when all they were doing was protecting themselves and their fellow soldiers in battle and in possible terrorist attack situations.  Often they were making split second decisions that broke rules of engagement that should never have been implemented.

If we are going to be in Afghanistan, the rules of engagement that are geting our people killed need to be scaled back, and those conviced of ''murder'', ''assault'', etc, when violating them under Obama should be set free, their bullshit convictions scrubbed, and given any medals and promitions they are due.
That would be great.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 22, 2017, 10:19:18 PM
Ummm...other than SA I think the great majority of Islamic terrorists come from there.  ???

I had a Pak friend in high school.  A Pak doctor my wife used used to work with had a wonderful family.  She was divorced and her parents had since moved here.   Very westernized.  We'd go to their house for dinner now and then. So far all of the Pakis I've met have been a-ok.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2017, 10:11:11 PM
;)
You know it is funny, I've posted before about it, but had lunch a few weeks ago with some old neighbors and family friends since I was a kid the other day and same issues. Pakistani (cousins married by arrangement) they sort of live separate lives (he in 90's and she in mid-70s) but still married. He is almost militant, in a intellectual way (a retired professor in math,) about Islam- in particular he blames the Saudis (primarily) and also says that the British "were the best thing to happen to the area" and says "Islam had its place because before Mohammed 'it was even worse.'" And, like me, says that the Arab areas were the most backward, no culture, areas but, due to oil and strategic position became powerful and so Islam spread. And the worst kind of it. But that the worst of Islam has been exported but even the basic tenets are so bad and have no place now. The family is Sayyid (though, honestly, I don't know how true those genealogies are.) She, as good Muslim wife- but more as "old couple who are set in their ways"- still attends mosque (had Obama sign in yard, hates Trump) and does charity work and taught school and is very nice. Not going to suicide bomb or even poison my lamb masala (she only is militant to say when we say "get Indian" we usually mean, actually Pakistani food. Even she admits that now when she goes home (rarely) that she has to be picked up and driven to family compound and no women go out. She says when she grew up they could go to school, even dates (but often timed or groups etc), wear dresses, go to a movie, and no garb. Not like the USA today but more freedom than now (think 50's USA, I guess.) He refuses to return to Pakistan since he left for school. He says best thing was British law and doesn't like country reverting. Funny thing was he also got his Phd etc in Germany. These days a Pakistani studying in Germany would likely be studying to be a jihadist in some Saudi or Qatari funded Madrassa.

Ha well yeah but old India before the partition so it still works.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 22, 2017, 10:24:50 PM
Ha well yeah but old India before the partition so it still works.
Yep, that is why we call it "Indian." Interestingly I have a relative who married an Indian and their weddings are crazy and last for weeks. They shortened it to 3 days but still. And funny stuff. I was utilizing the facilities and overheard two of her now-relatives, American born I think, say "I've never been in a place with so many white people." We were saying "I never been near so many Indians." It was bizarre. Fun time. In typical California style there was some kind of Unitarian minister that did some half-assed Lutheran and Hindu ceremony that, I think, both "sides" didn't take very well. But imagine a bunch of the whitest Norskie types from Minnesota, N.Dakota, and Washington and a whole bunch of Indians in some huge building in LA. With a gilded horse parade and some weird kind (I was into many a G&Ts by this point) knocking sticks together ceremony and some Unitarian hodge-podge and weird dancing! It was weird, but fun. Especially the awkwardness of the "white" crowd to the bride having to do some type of ethnic belly-dance to the groom (who is setting in chair.) I said "lap dance at a wedding?" too loudly and got looks. (I later learned that she took classes for months because it is a big deal in Indians weddings.) And weird paintings, like tattoos and dots, on bridesmaids. The midwest contingent was a bit taken aback.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2017, 10:31:38 PM
Yep, that is why we call it "Indian." Interestingly I have a relative who married an Indian and their weddings are crazy and last for weeks. They shortened it to 3 days but still. And funny stuff. I was utilizing the facilities and overheard two of her now-relatives, American born I think, say "I've never been in a place with so many white people." We were saying "I never been near so many Indians." It was bizarre. Fun time. In typical California style there was some kind of Unitarian minister that did some half-assed Lutheran and Hindu ceremony that, I think, both "sides" didn't take very well. But imagine a bunch of the whitest Norskie types from Minnesota, N.Dakota, and Washington and a whole bunch of Indians in some huge building in LA. With a gilded horse parade and some weird kind (I was into many a G&Ts by this point) knocking sticks together ceremony and some Unitarian hodge-podge and weird dancing! It was weird, but fun. Especially the awkwardness of the "white" crowd to the bride having to do some type of ethnic belly-dance to the groom (who is setting in chair.) I said "lap dance at a wedding?" too loudly and got looks. (I later learned that she took classes for months because it is a big deal in Indians weddings.) And weird paintings, like tattoos and dots, on bridesmaids. The midwest contingent was a bit taken aback.

Oh that sounds hilarious, esp. if tipsy!  Please tell me you got some of those Indian desserts.  Pakistanis may do meat extremely well, but for sweets Hindus are hard to beat.  Cashew fudge with sheets of real silver, balls of fresh cheese scented with cardamom and boiled in rosewater syrup...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 22, 2017, 10:45:34 PM
Oh that sounds hilarious, esp. if tipsy!  Please tell me you got some of those Indian desserts.  Pakistanis may do meat extremely well, but for sweets Hindus are hard to beat.  Cashew fudge with sheets of real silver, balls of fresh cheese scented with cardamom and boiled in rosewater syrup...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKfoB4r1_A

albrecht

Aside from a few things (riskrem, baklava etc) I don't have a sweet tooth, so didn't indulge in them. They sound good though. They had a bunch of various stuff like that but after main course I was more focuses on the open-bar and etc. There also was a weird "ceremony" of a feigned kidnapping? Interesting stuff and traditions.
ps: if you go to a Danish wedding there is a ceremony of a feigned kidnapping, of sorts, (groom is seized by his groomsman and one of his socks' toes is cut off and presented to bride. As a 'good wife' she should be able to darn it.)

Gd5150

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on August 22, 2017, 08:43:27 PM
It's time to set Pelosi adrift on an ice floe.

http://www.libertyheadlines.com/pelosi-76-dem-co-sponsors-call-resolution-censure-trump-white-nationalist/?AID=7236

Let these losers stay focused on a nonexistent race war. She is such a worthless leader for the DNC. They have no charisma. No platform. No vision. It shows what a joke they thought Obama was. Trying to play the race card again. They don't even give Obama credit for being a charismatic speaker. There's a reason why he beat the Hillary machine. Even after she started the whole citizenship controversy.

All the Demokkkrat establishment saw was a brown man and they think they can repeat the results if they stir up racial tension. Problem is 3/4 of the country knows Trump and Republicans aren't racist white supremacists. Or even sympathetic to them. And there has been zero evidence to support that lie. Just like Russia.

So let the loser party hang their hat on the race issue and lose another 100 seats. It's really no surprise, after all they're Demokkkrats. At this point they have become the most worthless polical party in American history.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 22, 2017, 10:54:01 PM
Aside from a few things (riskrem, baklava etc) I don't have a sweet tooth, so didn't indulge in them. They sound good though. They had a bunch of various stuff like that but after main course I was more focuses on the open-bar and etc. There also was a weird "ceremony" of a feigned kidnapping? Interesting stuff and traditions.
ps: if you go to a Danish wedding there is a ceremony of a feigned kidnapping, of sorts, (groom is seized by his groomsman and one of his socks' toes is cut off and presented to bride. As a 'good wife' she should be able to darn it.)

Who was kidnapped, the bride or the groom?  I was watching a thing on how widespread the kidnapping of the bride is among Indo-European-speaking peoples, leading to speculation that it is very ancient, going back to the steppes.  The thought was that it began as a gentlemanly gesture whereby the groom enacts the wedding night as though it is a rape so that if anything goes wrong he is fully responsible and would pay whatever the legal price for rape was, some horses or something.  Some of those Indo-Europeans made it into India, of course, speaking Sand Script, so it would be a nice confirmation.

Incidentally, carrying the bride over the threshold probably stems from this same ritual.

Lt.Uhura

Trump just returned from yet another vacation, during which he took 2 side trips. His adult children and their families are constantly flying to and fro. Meanwhile, the Secret Service said covering him and his entire extended family is costing so much, they will run out of money to pay their staff by September!

So why are taxpayers like me expected to pick up the tab for this campaign-style rally in Phoenix which serves no purpose other than to feed Trump's own bottomless ego. FFS!         

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2017/08/22/secret-service-bankrupted-by-trump-ego-trips-phoenix/588781001/