• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

onan

Quote from: california_ham on January 27, 2011, 08:35:23 AM

Yesterday, buried at end of a blog posting about their new documentary on Iran, they say this:...

"we can’t announce it quite yet but there is a “5th” hour coming to the Insider Extreme. Check back as we’ll be providing more information soon."

Is there any correlation between Art Bell's silence about his possible future career in talk radio and the Glenn Beck people delaying the announcement of the name of the host of the 5th Hour?  Darned if I know.

Art has said many times he dislikes "political" radio. He has made it very clear that he liked the type show he created. With his health, family, and age issues I doubt beck is something Art would want to do... then again who knows.

FortRock

I think this Glenn Beck 5th hour thing is something Art would not do, BUT! BUT, with the Kraig Kitchen hire (his secretary told me his company is now a radio host talent agency) I'm on pretty firm ground in saying that Beck IS creating a new radio broadcast network. Is Art a client of the Kitchen agency? Is Alan Corbeth the Producer of a new Art Bell Show? Go to the Glenn Beck website and look at his station listing, this would be the raw material for the new Mercury Radio Arts Network! I still like "It isn't Arts without Art", and Art would still hate that catch phrase!

b_dubb

Art should start a podcast and ditch the antenna

anagrammy

If Art created a podblog he could host "specials" at whatever frequency he wants.  With Asia in school, he'll have time for some part time work but it would have to be with the creative freedom he's earned.  Back trouble does not get better with age, that plus having a young family is physically taxing, so I'm optimistic that we will see something fresh and fun from Art. 

Do any of you know if Art can use any of his old shows?  Wouldn't it be fun for him to run "updates" on the old shows--He runs a few minutes of an old show where a guy makes a prediction or says some outlandish thing and now it's time for a reckoning. Gawd, I would pay for a subscription to hear that (Art- I know you are reading this, so run the numbers already).  OR--he could do counterpoint to Coast and interview some of the same guests. Imagine Art talking to Ian's horseman.

I consider this my number one fun board because it's like we're talking to a beloved family member who is in a coma, knowing our stimulation will help them come back to our world.  Even with brain damage... we'd take him back.

Anagrammy

minnehan

Quote from: anagrammy on January 27, 2011, 01:52:52 PM
...I consider this my number one fun board because it's like we're talking to a beloved family member who is in a coma, knowing our stimulation will help them come back to our world.  Even with brain damage... we'd take him back.

Anagrammy

Yes, I agree with your acessment, except we don't have our loved one with the brain damage, its some of  the "family members" here who's brain health is in question (and they know who they are, lol).

I'd too pay to hear Art back on the air!

I sent Art a thanks for your service message but got no reply :'( Even if Art just had a blog and posted something to his fans, I would feel less abandoned.

ArtBellFan

anagrammy Art does not own the shows, he mentioned that numerous times on Art when asked the question,   Clear Channel not only has the rights to the current shows but it also includes Art's old shows before they were in the picture, that is the agreement Art made when he sold to CBC, Chancellor Broadcasting Company.  There are years of shows that are owned by I think broadcast.com, Art tried to buy those shows but said on air the price was out of sight, have no idea what happened to all those shows from 93, 94 and 95.  Clear Channel also has the rights to Art's Dreamland shows.

I cannot tell you who my contact is but I can tell you that Art is not working on a new show with Alan Corbeth or Kaigh Kitchen.  Personally I don't think Art is working on anything with anyone.  Don't think we will be hearing from him, he has no obligation to explain anything to us, it has already been said, he quit and it was his idea, if he were I highly doubt he would have anything to do with the likes of Glenn Beck, I would be shocked if he were a fan of his.

I would like to say that even though I love C2C and Art Bell as a radio personality that it's just a radio show. Life will go on regardless of what happens.

minnehan

ArtBellFan, we know you "source" for your negative outlook regarding Art,  it is your close friend George Noory.

b_dubb

Quote from: minnehan on January 27, 2011, 05:44:33 PM
ArtBellFan, we know you "source" for your negative outlook regarding Art,  it is your close friend George Noory.

then that means that ArtBellFan is .... dun dun DUNNNNN .... james cameron!!!

ArtBellFan

You don't have a clue what your talking about.....I am not negative I am realistic.

minnehan

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 27, 2011, 05:54:44 PM

You don't have a clue what your talking about.....I am not negative I am realistic.

Change your name.  "GeorgeNooryLover" fits you better.

fabucat

Luv that vid of the Shaggs & list of Art Bell's Top Ten. 

There's some note on FF's website about some impending AB news. 

fabucat

Quote from: california_ham on January 27, 2011, 08:35:23 AM
You might remember that I said that Glenn Beck's media company, Mercury Radio Arts, would be a good fit for Art Bell.  A few weeks later, Mercury announced that they had hired Kraig Kitchin, who used to be Art's "boss" at Premiere.

About 3 weeks ago the Glenn Beck web site announced that they would reveal the name of the host of their new show,
the  Insider-Extreme-only,  Internet-only "Fifth Hour", in about two days.   They never announced the name of the host, possibly because right after they made that announcement, Congresswoman Giffords got shot.

Yesterday, buried at end of a blog posting about their new documentary on Iran, they say this:...

"we can’t announce it quite yet but there is a “5th” hour coming to the Insider Extreme. Check back as we’ll be providing more information soon."

Is there any correlation between Art Bell's silence about his possible future career in talk radio and the Glenn Beck people delaying the announcement of the name of the host of the 5th Hour?  Darned if I know.

I don't think that Art would be a good fit with Beck AT ALL.  Beck subscribes to Frank Luntz's talking points and then adds in a few cups of Alex Jones (leaving out the stuff that's true).  Art subscribes to no one's talking points, Dem, GOP, left, right, up, down or sideways.  And that skit Beck had with the chainsaw and the bunny?  Talk about me having nightmares.....

Anyway, I don't think that being associated with such histrionics is in Art's future. 

Now Snoory claims that he's a friend of Beck's....seriously....alleges that he helped Beck get where he is today (I doubt it....Beck is a far more talented broadcaster). 

Sunni

Hello everyone,

I agree with ronnieb9580.  I think we all should start calling in to C to C and see if we can get some answers.  I would like to share this with all of you though.  As you know Goerge is having that awful Linda Moulton Howe on there again tonight so I wrote him and while I was at it I covered a couple other things - one of them was what happened to Art.  I actually received a reply a little while ago.  That shocked me because I thought he would ignore me.  This is what it said:

Feedback is good..................tough questions only come to tough guests..Im not destroying someones beliefs or thoughts thats not what the show is......

Linda is on once a month and adds incredible reportial credibility

as for Art is done..retired again and for good....no statement

Now I don't know what to make of that exactly.  I would still like to hear from Art himself and that's why I think ronnieb has the right idea to call every night,  if need be,  to get some answers even though this sounds like Art is done.  Or perhaps calling the sponsors as someone else suggested.   That may get some sort of explanation on the air.  :-\

Bosco

Quote from: fabucat on January 27, 2011, 09:08:05 PM
Luv that vid of the Shaggs & list of Art Bell's Top Ten. 

There's some note on FF's website about some impending AB news.

OK I am blind.....I can't find this "impending AB news" on the FF website.

A little help here.

aquagoat

Agent: Orange

You took the (un) word right outta me mouth.

REPORTIAL??  ---  I don't think so . . .

from Merriam Webster's online:
  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reportial

reportial
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

1.reprisal
2.reprieval
3.reapportion
4.reparation
5.reprise
6.harbor seal
7.repressor
8.repression
9.reprint
10.repairman

If we're giving up English in favour of "George-speak".  I'll opt for "harbor seal" with "repressor" coming in second.
And no - at present, there ain't a "repairman" in sight.

Aquagoat
aka

Ricochet

aquagoat

By the way -- honest truth, my hand to Dog (I'm an atheist) -- while running the spell check after I cut n pasted the Webster site reply into the 'reply" windowl, it suggested "C**k-S****r"  as a suggested alternative to "George Noory".   Damn near pissed my pants.

Mr/ Moderator  . . . .  again - being an atheist,  I've gotta believe it's your hand at work on this --- if you say it ain't you,  I'll be forced to re-assess my belief system.

RicOchet

UFO Geek

"Quote from: marklancedance on January 26, 2011, 02:07:41 PM
Rob Simone Friday January 28, 2011. New Host?"
---------------------------------------------

I taped (digital tape recorder) last nights C2C (with guest LMH) to listen later, but did a quick fast forward to the end of show to see what Noory was going to say. He ended with information about Rob Simone, saying:
"By the way, Rob Simone sitting in for me tomorrow; give him a listen; hard worker; dedicated; and loves the genre. And you'll have a good time with him. I'm gonna use Rob as often as I can, when ever I take my, ahh, sporatic days off every once-in-awhile."

anagrammy

Quote from: valdez on January 14, 2011, 08:42:18 AM
     Screwed up schedule due to the southern snow, driving my wife nuts, teaching the cat geometry, and finishing the Hitler Trilogy...

GREAT JOB, Valdez---belly laugh all the way.  BTW - It's George KNAPP

Carry on!

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: minnehan on January 27, 2011, 02:02:54 PM
  Yes, I agree with your acessment, except we don't have our loved one with the brain damage, its some of  the "family members" here who's brain health is in question (and they know who they are, lol).
haha

MV/Liberace!

what??????

ourobouros2k2

I liked Rob the first time he hosted. I think once he molds the show to his style during his timeslot he will be a decent reason to listen to c2c in it's modern incarnation. I think he will do well.

Quote from: aquagoat on January 28, 2011, 04:57:01 AM
By the way -- honest truth, my hand to Dog (I'm an atheist) -- while running the spell check after I cut n pasted the Webster site reply into the 'reply" windowl, it suggested "C**k-S****r"  as a suggested alternative to "George Noory".   Damn near pissed my pants.

Oh man that's funny

b_dubb

Quote from: GeorgeBoorycould it be a reportal ?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aquagoat on January 28, 2011, 04:57:01 AM

Mr/ Moderator  . . . .  again - being an atheist,  I've gotta believe it's your hand at work on this --- if you say it ain't you,  I'll be forced to re-assess my belief system.

RicOchet
hahahaha, that's hilarious.   and it's okay if you type "cock sucker."

anagrammy

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on January 28, 2011, 09:31:33 AM
I liked Rob the first time he hosted. I think once he molds the show to his style during his timeslot he will be a decent reason to listen to c2c in it's modern incarnation. I think he will do well.

Did you hear Rob Simone introduce himself as replacing the "incomparable" George Noory?  I can't help but wonder if that wasn't a carefully crafted adjective which neither praises or condemns--does not connote "piece of shit,"  nor does it indicate any competence or admiration.

Simone is a pleasure to listen to and, as a competent interviewer, he MUST roll his eyes when he hears Noory butcher the profession.  I think he would make a dandy replacement for Noory, with one caveat.  I thought it was a little self-aggrandizing to suggest that his previous show on the Balkan Pyramid would go down as a classic and then to suggest that the current show on astrology would also be a classic. Don't damn yourself with faint praise, now...

Only the listening audience can make that call, Mr. Newhost. 

Anagrammy

FortRock

Rob Simone has for years done a Coast-like 2-hour weekly show here in Los Angeles, and transmitting it back to the British Isles. The show airs thoughout England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland airing 10PM to 12AM Saturday nights GMT. He has the extreme ego in his British promotional ads to call himself, "the Art Bell of the British Isles"! Just what we need, another ego stroker!