• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: anagrammy on February 11, 2011, 01:34:02 AM
Imagine being 20 years old and trying to find something to talk to Art Bell about that he would be interested in hearing.  I mean ART BELL, who is a walking dictionary of American cultural literacy trying to talk to a early 20 year old Filipina woman?  I'm sorry, but when you get old what you've got is your mind.  Every man I know Art's age (but one) has problems in the southern region.

Thank you.  Some very wise analysis there.  All these posters repeatedly insisting that he is occupied with his family. A man of experience and education, accustomed to discussing earthshaking issues with some of the deepest minds in the world everyday, is suddenly supposed to be happy stuck in an apartment with a three-year-old toddler and a 22 year-old powder puff, day in and day out?  So ridiculous.

If there's one thing we know about Art, it's that he has an active mind.

Those who pointed judging fingers at his rebound marriage insisted that, in the future, his grief would come crashing down on him.  This seems like the perfect time.  The honeymoon phase is over, Airyn's frankly not all that interesting to spend time with anymore, the blush of his new life is wearing off, the in-laws are getting on his nerves, Coast is going down the tubes, and really what does he have to look forward to?

So I hope for his sake, even more than for ours, that he finds a creative outlet somehow.

Quote from: Fly By Night on February 11, 2011, 07:46:06 AM
Every man I know Art's age (but one) has problems in the southern region.

HAHAHA...that's hitting below the belt both figuratively and literally anagrammy.

Are you saying Art's part is broken?

In my early 40s, I make do, but you should have seen me when I was 21.  I was varsity All-Star.  Frankly, in my 60s, I'd be intimidated by a 20-year-old, because I'd know what she's used to from her peers.  An older woman would be more understanding. On the other hand, Airyn probably lied and told him she was a virgin. She's no dummy.

And the idea of Asian women being submissive is a ridiculous myth.  They are quiet and polite in public.  They are not submissive, as a rule.

anagrammy

And so now we sit around the hospital bed as our beloved program is dying.  We try to keep the sun from setting with jolts of speculation and yet continue to hope, wildly, our passion keeping us in denial.  We lean closer to the monitor listening night after night as if the force of our will could revive the flatline.  But the monotone remains and the doctor drops his hand on a shoulder as he leaves the room.  He says its up to us to decide, each one for him/herself when to pull the plug.

Every night it becomes more obvious that there's nothing there--no communication, no brain cells firing.  Some have already tuned out, some frantically search the internet for news alerts of new deals pending repeatedly typing "Art Bell, ArtBell news" only to dissolve to tears as the voice of George Noory booms out of the radio like a horror clown radio host from "somewhere out there."

No one wants to say the words "brain death" but we are all thinking it.  Only now, after over 200 pages of grief processing, we can see ourselves going from denial to anger to bargaining to depression to...resignation (I resist acceptance).  Will we ever be able to love another radio host?  Perhaps...in time. 

A puppy helps--maybe someone young and fresh would help us move forward, someone like Jason Bermas.

Anagrammy
I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!

UFO Geek

Quote from: anagrammy on February 12, 2011, 09:55:17 AM
Anagrammy
I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Okay... I have promised to not share too much, but I know you all LOVE Art sooooo much, let me just add a small bit of a rising sun to the conversation before it plunges into complete darkness.
Yes, there is communication going on between Art and people he cares about, not saying he doesn't care about all of us...
Let me provide a small tidbit, a sort of clue why I THINK he will be coming back, and why I THINK he will get back on-air, and why I THINK we will hear the voice of Art Bell once again.
I won't make it too easy, because we all need a good brain stimulation/speculation experiment.  That will keep this thread going on a positive flow, upward... (until his return?).
I THINK you will find a major clue(s) if you listen to his broadcast of March 6, 2004.  That (those) clue(s) will be within the first hour...  Some of you... will understand quicker than others.

Have fun...  Let the speculation begin...

73... Mike (KG7UFO)

aldousburbank

Quote from: UFO Geek on February 12, 2011, 10:30:42 AM

Let me provide a small tidbit, a sort of clue why I THINK he will be coming back, and why I THINK he will get back on-air, and why I THINK we will hear the voice of Art Bell once again.

Well that would be stupendous, but in the meantime, I'm canceling my streamlink subscription in the morning, (after Ian's show), because I can't stand the thought anymore of IgNoory pocketing even the tiniest fraction of my digital dough.

mib12890

Could someone attach that show? I can't seem to find it on any of the torrent sites.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mib12890 on February 12, 2011, 12:20:51 PM
Could someone attach that show? I can't seem to find it on any of the torrent sites.
users are no longer allowed to attach coast to coast shows due to the DMCA notice sent to me by premiere radio's attorneys.  however, you ARE allowed to upload the show to a file sharing site and then provide a link to that file here in the forums.

anagrammy

Quote from: UFO Geek on February 12, 2011, 10:30:42 AM
Okay... I have promised to not share too much, but I know you all LOVE Art sooooo much, let me just add a small bit of a rising sun to the conversation before it plunges into complete darkness.
Yes, there is communication going on between Art and people he cares about, not saying he doesn't care about all of us...
I won't make it too easy, because we all need a good brain stimulation/speculation experiment.  That will keep this thread going on a positive flow, upward... (until his return?).
I THINK you will find a major clue(s) if you listen to his broadcast of March 6, 2004.  That (those) clue(s) will be within the first hour...  Some of you... will understand quicker than others.

Have fun...  Let the speculation begin...

73... Mike (KG7UFO)

OK, processing, processing... here's what I've got:

we have been directed to ancient clues,

we have been told that a second--ehm, Fourth Coming is at hand,

we are expected to hang on to hope and faith,

and someone has inside knowledge he is forced to withhold

because DISCLOSURE is eminent....

RICHARD HOAGLAND, is that you?

Anagrammy

Max_TO

Can one of our talented members post a link to the show pretty please ?

Is this speculation or is this coming from someone " in the know " .

UFO Geek

Quote from: anagrammy on February 12, 2011, 04:15:55 PM
OK, processing, processing... here's what I've got:

we have been directed to ancient clues,

we have been told that a second--ehm, Fourth Coming is at hand,

we are expected to hang on to hope and faith,

and someone has inside knowledge he is forced to withhold

because DISCLOSURE is eminent....

RICHARD HOAGLAND, is that you?

Anagrammy

Okay, Anagrammy... I just have to say (type) it, "You are awesome!"
And because you are, and because I suspect you have previously ordered the Ed Dames lessons on remote viewing (and have mastered them), I have placed an 8x11 sheet of white paper with 2 inch black lettering detailing what I know so far from Manila Throat,  in the northwest corner of my bedroom.  You know what to do next, but please don't look around my bedroom too much... the northwest corner will provide you what you need. And no, that's not a picture of Lena in the frame on my dresser!

73... Mike (KG7UFO)

Max_TO

Funny you mention RV on this one , I had considered doing a Tarot card reading to see why Art had " quit coast " .

anagrammy

Quote from: UFO Geek on February 12, 2011, 05:15:53 PM
Okay, Anagrammy... I just have to say (type) it, "You are awesome!"
And because you are, and because I suspect you have previously ordered the Ed Dames lessons on remote viewing (and have mastered them), I have placed an 8x11 sheet of white paper with 2 inch black lettering detailing what I know so far from Manila Throat,  in the northwest corner of my bedroom.  You know what to do next, but please don't look around my bedroom too much... the northwest corner will provide you what you need. And no, that's not a picture of Lena in the frame on my dresser!

73... Mike (KG7UFO)

Thanks, UFOgeek, I heart you to death and so love the Manila Throat dispatches... yes, I see porpoise in the picture frame, not Lena, so factoid confirmed.  There's the paper, it says  "For those who believe no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation is possible."  Oops, sorry, that's your open journal lying next to a magazine --- MY EYES, MY EYES!

Remote Viewing Session Has Been Terminated by

Anagrammy

mib12890

Ok, I'll be typing a summary as I'm listening:

The hour starts off with Art talking about the voltage feedback from his giant loop antenna he has in Pahrump. Some guy from Washington sends him an email about the feedback and the science behind it, etc. He plays an audio recording of himself talking on ham that the guy from Washington sent him. 

After the first break, he starts taking open line calls; the first few being about his antenna.  He talks about getting a friend to come up and use a helicopter to investigate it.  Finally, someone breaks the trend and talks about Ed Dames' prediciton on the N.Korea/S.Korea situation.  Some talk about his guest/global warming, etc.  Don't know if this has anything to do with the situation, but a caller asks about a book written about "taking your assets and disappearing". 

Coming into the 2nd half of the first hour, he welcomes the guest and the interview starts.  They talk about global warming, disclosure of the "realness", changes in Europe. The guest talks about the glacial melting, and sea level rising. Talking about New Orleans and sea level rise, an international treaty on carbon-dioxide, and air pollution. They talk about "little island" countries in the pacific going under water.  and the hour ends with Art saying the climate may change over night.

I didn't sense any specific clues in that hour, besides the talk of island countries in the pacific going under.

FortRock

My guess from reading the summary of MIB-12890, and listening myself I came up with a syncronous solution. My former Girlfriend, the one who is psychic, called me with one of her psychic predictions about Art around 9:30PM Wednesday Night! This without even knowing UFO GEEK's writings here. The subject conversation that relates to radio occurs on the Shortwave or High Frequency Bands! Art's return will be as my girlfriend says, on those bands. As they're International Bands, any contract Art signed with Clear Channel, etc. would not be enforceable for his transmissions there! Am I close UFO GEEK? By the way a great tie-in with Bob Crane of C. Crane, and the CC Radio + Shortwave Model! So Bob Crane is one of those "friends" you mentioned!

From KI6EQT, 73's

Fly By Night

I just did some remote viewing myself. I saw Art Bell reading these posts laughing his a*s off while eating White Castle and drinking Busch Light? Did he talk about that at all the first hour on March 6th???

:D

b_dubb

i did a remote viewing too.  i saw a near future where Art started his own 'church'.  he made a gazillion dollars.  oddly, he was eating White Castles and drinking Natty Light.  coincidence?  i don't think so

No posts in four days? This thread can't die!!! :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 16, 2011, 10:44:12 AM

Ok, how about this... I happened to drive through Parumph last month.  I know, nobody just happens to drive through Parumph.   But as I was doing so, I imagined that Art must miss the stark beauty of this valley, this ocean of high desert, signing off the show in the wee-est, darkest hours instead of at Manilan mid-day.  Anyway, for this mystically inclined radio hound, Coast will never sound the same broadcast by anyone, or from anywhere else.  It occurs to me that Art must feel the same.

As insignificantly symbolic as this idea sounds, maybe we would all feel a little less ripped-off if PremiereRadio had the sense, if not the respect, to rechristen the show rather than trying to pass off this new-coke schwagg as the real thing. (Personally, the only soda that crosses my lips is the Mexican bottled, pure cane sugar coke, in the glass bottle)  My new Coast name suggestion?  Ghost-of Coast

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 16, 2011, 11:08:53 AM
(Personally, the only soda that crosses my lips is the Mexican bottled, pure cane sugar coke, in the glass bottle)

hey, me too!

anagrammy

Quote from: aldousburbank on February 16, 2011, 11:08:53 AM
Ok, how about this... I happened to drive through Parumph last month.  I know, nobody just happens to drive through Parumph.   But as I was doing so, I imagined that Art must miss the stark beauty of this valley, this ocean of high desert, signing off the show in the wee-est, darkest hours instead of at Manilan mid-day.  Anyway, for this mystically inclined radio hound, Coast will never sound the same broadcast by anyone, or from anywhere else.  It occurs to me that Art must feel the same.

As insignificantly symbolic as this idea sounds, maybe we would all feel a little less ripped-off if PremiereRadio had the sense, if not the respect, to rechristen the show rather than trying to pass off this new-coke schwagg as the real thing. (Personally, the only soda that crosses my lips is the Mexican bottled, pure cane sugar coke, in the glass bottle)  My new Coast name suggestion?  Ghost-of Coast

Ode to the Real Thing...lest we forget.  In Memoriam--and Ghost of Coast is the ideal name for the zombie show that remains.

A wake cannot last forever and this thread will peter out as the crowd stops waving signs and yelling and becomes hushed waiting for that Fourth Coming.  I suspect that their will be a grand opening for 2012, with Art Bell watching the Mayan year we've all been talking about (how could he not), but it may be that SeaCrane, C-Crain, SeeCrane, SeizeCrayne, whatever, may have to produce a short wave radio for us, the faithful.

May 21 anyone?  Pass the popcorn....

Anagrammy

Anagrammy

Marc.Knight

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 16, 2011, 10:44:12 AM

Sometimes it feels like we are waiting for the 12th Imam.

anagrammy

Marc, didn't you love the recent show where the guest said that (gobbledegook translation) the word "well" in the prophesy where the 12th Islaamic Imam will come out of the well, actually meant Star Gate, and THAT's what we were really looking for when we pretended to be searching for weapons of mass destruction, and THAT's the real reason we chased up around those caves --we weren't looking for Osama bin Laden, we were looking to blow up the Star Gate to prevent the return of the 12th Imam.

Why do they even need James Cameron OR George Lucas when all the good plot lines are already on Ghost to Coast?

Anagrammy

Of course George could not pick up on the deliciousness of exploring any of those ideas, his comment was (yawn), "There's something going on, isn't there."  Which if I never hear again, it will be too soon.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

there's a Star Gate in Afghanistan?  COOL!

FortRock

So what's going on? I see the Art Bell Show has picked up Coca Cola as a sponsor, well George deserves Shasta or Fanta, whatever Food For Less has for $1 a 2 liter! You know this UFO Geek guy reminds me of a guy who used to chime in now and again on the old 3840 Group Ham Net of Art's, a guy from Colorado! If so be honored by his presence, and Manila Throat would be close indeed! George Noory is SO BAD these days he should be covered by the USDA Meat Inspection rules on Downer Beef Cattle! It's coming, just know this Mr. Noory if you have the guts to monitor this site, do you hear the Jaws Theme? There's blood in the water, and it's not a reflection of a Red Mars, Richard C. Hoagland could tell us that much! The show is so stale that if it were bread, I could have used the mold to recover from the Strep Throat I got from a student of mine! It's coming like a Stuka Dive Bomber on your little village George, and you knew this man as the one who made you famous, the Man in Black from "the desert of the sea". Keep the hope and keep the monitor, the voice you hear, shall deliver you from Radio Death!

Mops

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 21, 2010, 08:14:06 PM

30 meters is a ham radio band.

Could well be a ham reference.  Old reporters also use "30" to mark the end of a story.  The rest could be a mix of Ecclesiastes 1:4-9 and references to the desert and hot air on the radio.  That's just my guess, but judging from the sign alone it does sound like a permanent farewell  -- at least to Coast.  Can he simply walk off into the sunset and become a spectactor in such interesting and important times?   Art knows he has attained cameo status, so to speak.  That's to say he can pick and choose the stories and interviews he wants to do.  And with his range the potential to serve the greater good would be limitless.

b_dubb

Quote from: Fort Rock on February 17, 2011, 11:23:49 PMGeorge Noory is SO BAD these days he should be covered by the USDA Meat Inspection rules on Downer Beef Cattle!
HA HA

Mad Cow Disease would actually explain a lot in this case

aldousburbank

Quote from: Fort Rock on February 17, 2011, 11:23:49 PM
I see the Art Bell Show has picked up Coca Cola as a sponsor,

Hey, maybe that's it- "The Real Thing Show" hosted by Art Bell and brought to you by Coke, the real thing, live each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, worldwide via the shortwave band.  Now that's real thingking!

ArtBellFan

QuoteFrom Art Bell Hi all,

From sunny Manila, Philippines

It has been some time since I posted here. All the ABs are
well, both types.....those with and those without fur. Asia
could not be better, she is nearly four Years old and smart
as a tack, she has been in pre-school now for a Year and is
doing so well it is scary.

At this point my baby is just starting out in life but I fully
understand that one day my baby will get older and make
her own way in the World, no doubt doing things I do not
agree with or sanction in any way. That is life, babies never
stay babies as much as we would like them to, they grow
and find their own way and even if we do not like the path
they have chosen we have to get out of the way and let
them make their own mistakes, much as it may hurt to watch.
All we can really do is our very best in trying to point them
in the right direction and hope. It does not always work out
as we had dreamed and at the right time we have to let go.

We may return to the U.S. at some point for a visit or more,
who knows. Never say never right? I must say I am not sorry
to have missed the great Recession? the economy here is just
fine with GDP in the 7% range, we have a new President who
seems to be doing a great job and with Asia in school and so
many friends it is hard to consider a move, as most of you know
I love the Desert, it is majestic and very private but not the best
environment for a four Year old.

Ham radio is at last getting an assist from the Sun in a big way
with flares going on like crazy. My Ham call letters here are
4F1AB and I am mostly on 20 and 15 Meters talking to the
rest of the World.

I will try to post more frequently and keep you all up on the
latest from the Bell clan. I will always consider you all as
part of my Family.

Art Bell

Great they we have fianlly heard from Art. :)

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44292

aldousburbank

Quoting Art- "I love the Desert, it is majestic and very private but not the best
environment for a four Year old."

Yowzer!  I forgot!  Art's got that little girl in school and he and the missus know that as beautiful as Parumph may be, it's really no place for her to get schooled, cultured, and otherwise socialized.  I really am slow because I just now thought of that whilst reading Art's note.  The Burbank family is, in fact, currently fortunate enough to be ensconced in a beautiful place, and have rejected several other interesting options, precisely BECAUSE we have managed to enroll our little Aldous in a really nice school.

In other news, the mass consciousness 'speerament we're not doing must be having some effect, Art taking a moment to express that we all miss each other.  Awww...

Silent

Thanks for posting that ABF.