• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

morphiaflow

Fort Rock, I think you might be reaching *just* a bit.

FortRock

I just needed to reach around to the extreme edges of this subject to wrap my mind around the internal battle that I think is going on if Art Bell is being complimented by Glenn Beck as in, "I miss Art Bell". I think the group needs to open their minds to the fact of WHY Art might think George Noory and Clear Channel as philisophic enemies, and where the "hot air" exists in Art's mind! We need to be open to all scenarios, including those implausable on the surface level!

minnehan

I'm here right with your thinking Fort Rock!  Stay positive and think big!

Queen

Just because Glenn Beck said one time "i miss art bell" does not mean that he is a fan or would even want to promot his show or have anything to do with Art.  What does Art think about Glenn Beck?  No one has posted this audio of Beck saying he misses Art, so I don't know how he sounded. Was it sarcastic?  I've listend to Beck since just after 9/11 and for him to say something like "i miss art bell"  in refrence to a ufo sounds to me that he was being sarcastic about the who ufo thing and just droped his name cos art was a radio host.

Fort Rock, where does 19.5 degrees factor in to this?

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on January 06, 2011, 12:55:57 AM
Are you suggesting the Knapp is a little too serious? If not, could you please elaborate?

Yes. Not for me, but for most here.

Quote from: NIN on January 05, 2011, 10:52:50 PM
you did not just say the GIS are fake

Think of how many miles of professional tape gets recorded each day. Those voices would plague them all! They would have to install ghost filters in every recording studio to get any work done.

Quote from: Fort Rock on January 07, 2011, 12:06:14 AM
I just needed to reach around to the extreme edges of this subject to wrap my mind around the internal battle that I think is going on if Art Bell is being complimented by Glenn Beck as in, "I miss Art Bell". I think the group needs to open their minds to the fact of WHY Art might think George Noory and Clear Channel as philisophic enemies, and where the "hot air" exists in Art's mind! We need to be open to all scenarios, including those implausable on the surface level!
is ok. just had to nuke it ya know. from one alter ego to another.  8)

KDF

FortRock

To Angels:

What does 19.5= In the past a missed day of work as a Substitute Teacher! Just between friends here, Richard C. Hoagland is my favorite guest in all of Coastdom!! I know if Art's monitoring this discussion he's reaching for his migraine headache pills at reading this! LOL!

MV/Liberace!

i can't stop reading this thread.

Quote from: Michael V. on January 07, 2011, 01:46:10 AM
i can't stop reading this thread.

believe me... it's stranger than you know.  8)

HumanBeing

bahh whitley is hosting this sunday's coast to coast...  >:( .. his lil project starfire tor.. what a fraud... she's probably his handler.
A little slap in the face to Art getting his once best friend to host...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 07, 2011, 04:00:15 PM
bahh whitley is hosting this sunday's coast to coast...  >:( .. his lil project starfire tor.. what a fraud... she's probably his handler.
A little slap in the face to Art getting his once best friend to host...
i'd rather listen to george than whitley streiber any day.  he's not wired for radio broadcasting.  at all.  he should stick to writing.  also, i don't believe alien abduction stories.  the only remotely compelling abduction story is the one from fire in the sky... and i don't know enough of the real life facts (not stories... but FACTS) from that case to say it's even possible.

Queen

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 07, 2011, 12:36:54 AM
Think of how many miles of professional tape gets recorded each day. Those voices would plague them all! They would have to install ghost filters in every recording studio to get any work done.

and who sits around all day to thise miles of recordings listening for them? Let alone making sure when you record not to have other noise?

FortRock

To HumanBeing:
NO WONDER Art is angry! His best friend putting his financial larder with George Noory ahead of his relationship with Art! As the group knows, I'm a volunteer news reporter for www.unknowncountry.com, Whitley never let on his selfishness to me in that email to me! I've tried calling a new number I've found for Alan Corbeth, and it's been busy every time I've phoned him. Are we now seeing a dividing line here? We all know what happens when Art's angry, it becomes the locus of revolutionary change. And this time he's been betrayed by a friend! WOW, the payback that's coming, and we all know it in our bones! By the way an online friend of mine in the paranormal community warned me of Whitley's new friendship with Starfire Tor. Tor in Australian paranormal research circles is known to be in the payola of Australian Military Intelligence, so where does that leave Whitley?

HAL 9000

Administrator Edit:  This post is borderline flaming.  Disagreeing with the assertions of other members is both fine an encouraged, but please try to avoid personal insults.  They are not allowed on this forum.

ArtBellFan

Flat Rock I would say what you are saying is way over the top, sure Art would want Whitley to succeed in his endeavors, any by going on Coast it gives him the exposure he can't get anywhere else.  Art's leaving Coast  I am sure in no way has anything to do with Whitley.  Just because you are a reporter or whatever on http://www.unknowncountry.com/  doesn't mean you have an inside track to what is going on with Whitley.

Art always promoted his guests and their books on his show, he used to say anyone who stays up half the night on his show with no pay deserves to have their books promoted and sure he feels the same about  Whitley.  Art may not even know that Whitey is doing the show this weekend, what makes you think they are in touch.

As far as Alan Corbeth is concerned he may not be in touch with Art any longer and may not have a clue to what Art is up to these days.

Also, this is the second time Whitley will host C2C. He last hosted on Friday, 10/24/08. He spoke with Dr. Roger Leir in the first hour and then did Open Lines for the remainder of the program, I forgot about that show until someone reminded me.

Here is the interview.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ArtBellFan

Art also had Whitey on after he hosted the show in October 24, 2008,  which was on 11-20-09, so if it bothered Art that Whitley was hosting why would he have him on as a guest.

HumanBeing

just for the sake of it..  :P ....what if Coast To Coast is having Whitley host now, so close to Art 'deciding' to not host any more shows, to make it seem as though Art did leave peacefully and his relationship with C2C is fine because, hey lookie here Art Bell fans, Art's 'best friend' is hosting this Sunday... so things must be just great hmmm..  ;D ...would you put it past Noory and C2C management to not do this?

ArtBellFan

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 08, 2011, 02:52:11 AM
just for the sake of it..  :P ....what if Coast To Coast is having Whitley host now, so close to Art 'deciding' to not host any more shows, to make it seem as though Art did leave peacefully and his relationship with C2C is fine because, hey lookie here Art Bell fans, Art's 'best friend' is hosting this Sunday... so things must be just great hmmm..  ;D ...would you put it past Noory and C2C management to not do this?

Just love all this speculation, I don't think Whitley and Art are best friends, friends and business partners when they wrote a book together and sold the rights so a movie could be made. I would say Art's closest friend and don't know if that is the case any longer is Bob Crane and some ham buddies.

EvB

I just read this thread for the first time today - it's HUGE  - so my question may have been asked and answered, and i missed it.  If so - sorry.

Art's HAM sign-off is interesting.  Very.  One of you said that "Art is mad"  -- but why NOW?  That's what I wonder.  Art Bell fans who think Noory is a poor excuse for - well - much of anything have been mad for years.  During that time, Art has gone though some major life changes.  It seems as if someone who has been disappointed for a while would just say "I'm done" and the emotion would be pretty much dissipated.

And, yes - a major WTF - particularly all 15 pages at once!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on January 08, 2011, 05:45:12 PM
And, yes - a major WTF - particularly all 15 pages at once!
haha!  i got a nice chuckle thinking of you (or anyone) dropping into this thread after 15 pages of this swirling speculation tornado.  the rest of us were able to take it all in incrementally.

and sorry i haven't returned your call yet.  i've been VERY busy between work and entertaining some saudi friends.

ourobouros2k2

I too think it would be a stretch to call Whitley Art's best friend. To even speculate on Art's "bestie" from the cold glowing light of a computer monitor without being privy to the details of his personal life is really just a waste anyway. Fun to speculate about, but certainly to be taken with a grain of salt.

Since we are speculating, and it is indeed fun to do so, my take is as follows..

I think that in the past several years Art's focus has been on his family and such. Coast, while always there, has likely been a backburner priority for him (although you wouldn't know it by listening to his occasional shows, still the ever-engaging host). I think now, that he has a secure foundation in his life set, he has been wanting to shift his considerable talent back to doing some radio. I also think that as he has explored this option, premier/cc has made it so restrictive that it would not an enjoyable thing to do, on his terms. I also believe that the call screening situation is probably something that he just cannot abide, and that this year's g2g being screened was probably highly annoying to him. If he sought resolution through cc/premiere and was met with resistance, I could see how that would anger him enough to say "the hell with it".

Again, all purely speculation without one iota of proof. Since this thread is largely about speculation I just thought I would throw my offering into the plate.

regards,
Andy

EvB

Quote from: Michael V. on January 09, 2011, 03:10:18 AM
haha!  i got a nice chuckle thinking of you (or anyone) dropping into this thread after 15 pages of this swirling speculation tornado.  the rest of us were able to take it all in incrementally.

and sorry i haven't returned your call yet.  i've been VERY busy between work and entertaining some saudi friends.

Yeah - it's pretty wild. 

As for the return call, not to worry.  I'ts good news you have enough work to keep you busy and friends are always a good thing.

Queen

Funny how George says art is winding down, and we get a message that says 30 meaning hes signing off, and then we get a picture of Art with a big smile on his face with his family.

Conclusion, Art is happy, and hes done with C2C. He's moved on.

There is a message here in the angle of his ARM but WHAT?  WHAT IS IT??

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on January 09, 2011, 05:41:10 PM

There is a message here in the angle of his ARM but WHAT?  WHAT IS IT??
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

RoadDog

Bah! You guys are looking at the picture wrong!