• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ourobouros2k2

QuoteNorry Mafia

had to LOL at that one...too funny

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Fort Rock on January 25, 2011, 09:57:21 PM
Because we know in our hearts and minds that Art and Alan are monitoring our every word! Art has the detective mind-set, and this is evidence of his return!!

You are joking, right.  I highly doubt that Art and Alan are reading this thread, you can speculate all you want, not buying.

minnehan

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 25, 2011, 10:23:15 PM

You are joking, right.  I highly doubt that Art and Alan are reading this thread, you can speculate all you want, not buying.

And you call yourself an Art Bell Fan?  HA!  Rename yourself to "GeorgeNorryLover."

Quote from: minnehan on January 25, 2011, 10:53:22 PM
   And you call yourself an Art Bell Fan?  HA!  Rename yourself to "GeorgeNorryLover."

Uh, yeah, I have a question:

WHAT?!

minnehan

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 25, 2011, 11:11:11 PM
Uh, yeah, I have a question:

WHAT?!

ok I'll try again... AND YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ART BELL FAN? HA! RENAME YOURSELF TO "GEORGENORRYLOVER."  geeish

HAL 9000

Quote from: Fort Rock on January 25, 2011, 09:57:21 PMLet's play a game called "Who Can't Talk, And Why"!

Let's not and say we did.

H. 9000   

For this quote I am the grammar police. As a teacher you should know that punctuation belongs inside the quotation marks.

Quote from: Michael V. on January 25, 2011, 08:52:37 PM
i want to believe this.
I really don't think that Noory has the pull to do this. Afterall, there is a reason why Art had to come back time after time to bail Noory's sorry ass out.

aquagoat

I remember early on in the Noory takeover, one night he had Hoagland on and they were yammering about Cydonia.   At some point, Noory made some kind of reference to himself, Hoagland and Art being "The three Amigos"  of paranormal investigations, or some such.    I pert near gagged,  it was such a sickening display of a minor leaguer trying to ingratiate himself into the popular previous host's inner circle.  Disgusting.

I take solace in knowing ...................... "what goes around . . . . etc"

Ricochet   (AKA Rick O'Shea)

imperial252

ART if you are out there send us a sign..something...anything....Please!

FortRock

Here is a monitoring tip for Art I just remembered. Back during the 1990's Art was talking about his radio involvment history, and told the audience that he held an FCC High Frequency Commercial Radio-Telephone Licence! Then a bit later he told us that if anything went wrong, a government crack-down on his type of radio program, whatever, that we should all monitor the 8MHz Band on Shortwave if you have Sideband reception capability. This would work regardless of the location in the world Art is located, only at different times of the 24-hour clock. Art has this emergency back-up plan in place. This would be a great volunteer monitoring effort by those with Shortwave Band Radios. I have no knowledge of Art being in Pahrump, BUT this would work better if he's there. Art has a plan in an emergency to do a program of sorts in this Commercial Radio-Telephone Band.  Here are the discrete frequencies:
ITU Channel No.     Coast Transmit      Ship Transmit

801            8719 (kHz)          8195 (kHz)
     802            8722                8198
     803            8725                8201
     804            8728                8204
     805            8731                8207

806            8734                8210
     807            8737                8213
     808            8740                8216
     809            8743                8219
     810            8746                8222

811            8749                8225
     812            8752                8228
     813            8755                8231
     814            8758                8234
     815            8761                8237

816            8764                8240 (USCG Calling)
     817            8767                8243
     818            8770                8246
     819            8773                8249
     820            8776                8252

821            8779                8255 (Calling)
     822            8782                8258
     823            8785                8261
     824            8788                8264
     825            8791                8267

826            8794                8270
     827            8797                8273
     828            8800                8276
     829            8803                8279
     830            8806                8282

831            8809                8285
     832            8812                8288
     833            8291                8291
     834            8707              (varies)
     835            8710              (varies)

836            8713              (varies)
     837            8716              (varies) 12 MHz Duplex Channels
Also check between the discrete frequencies!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 25, 2011, 10:23:15 PM

You are joking, right.  I highly doubt that Art and Alan are reading this thread...
i disagree with you.  a lot.  art has found his name on some pretty obscure sites in the past, and reacted accordingly when necessary (legal action).  coastgab is the 3rd result when googling "art bell quits."  one of the two results ABOVE us refers to art's first retirement years ago, so in terms of any information pertaining to his most recent departure, we're number two.  i just have a hard time buying the notion that art is oblivious to this thread and the speculation its users are currently engaged in.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: minnehan on January 25, 2011, 11:57:19 PM
ok I'll try again... AND YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ART BELL FAN? HA! RENAME YOURSELF TO "GEORGENORRYLOVER."  geeish
but we don't understand why you are saying this.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 26, 2011, 12:15:07 AM
Let's not and say we did.

H. 9000   

For this quote I am the grammar police. As a teacher you should know that punctuation belongs inside the quotation marks.

not always.
http://grammartips.homestead.com/inside.html

minnehan

I totally agree that Art Bell IS most likely reading these postings here, and when he does, he'll know who his true fans really are... those who haven't given up on him!

Art, please give us a sign!  We miss you!

The General

Quote from: Michael V. on January 26, 2011, 12:43:46 PM
i disagree with you.  a lot.  art has found his name on some pretty obscure sites in the past, and reacted accordingly when necessary (legal action).  coastgab is the 3rd result when googling "art bell quits."  one of the two results ABOVE us refers to art's first retirement years ago, so in terms of any information pertaining to his most recent departure, we're number two.  i just have a hard time buying the notion that art is oblivious to this thread and the speculation its users are currently engaged in.

Obviously Clear Channel is monitoring.  As evidenced by their contacting MV about alleged copyright infringement this morning.  It's very likely that Art himself is monitoring or at least has browsed this forum. 

imperial252

Quote from: The General on January 26, 2011, 01:29:09 PM
Obviously Clear Channel is monitoring.  As evidenced by their contacting MV about alleged copyright infringement this morning.  It's very likely that Art himself is monitoring or at least has browsed this forum.

OH NO!

Hey just saw this on the Coast site. Rob Simone Friday January 28, 2011. New Host?

Quote from: marklancedance on January 26, 2011, 02:07:41 PM
Hey just saw this on the Coast site. Rob Simone Friday January 28, 2011. New Host?

Yeah, I posted that somewhere here, can't remember which thread, a couple days ago.  It is his second show, the first was a couple days after Christmas, and was part of what caused all the speculation about Art quitting (I am sorry to say that I was the OP for this thread  :-\ ).

I would post Rob's first show here, but as you may have noticed, the legal department at PremRad (or ClearChannnel, whatever) have threatened MV's hosting provider with certain death if they let that copyright infringement continue.  You might find it on bit torrent. 

RCD

To James G.:

Like your posts, but (and no offence intended) your avatar gives me the willies...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 26, 2011, 02:48:21 PM
I would post Rob's first show here, but as you may have noticed, the legal department at PremRad (or ClearChannnel, whatever) have threatened MV's hosting provider with certain death if they let that copyright infringement continue.  You might find it on bit torrent. 

RCD
feel free to link to the shows.  you just can't post them here as attachments because doing so causes them to be hosted on my server (which is now a no-no).

Quote from: Michael V. on January 26, 2011, 05:26:08 PM
feel free to link to the shows.  you just can't post them here as attachments because doing so causes them to be hosted on my server (which is now a no-no).

Good point.  I'll try to get around to torrenting them this weekend.  I was also thinking of setting up a discreet FTP service for invited guests only, but that might be because I am still a little old school.  ;)

And hey, whatever happened to Radio Train Wreck?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 26, 2011, 03:03:13 PM
To James G.:

Like your posts, but (and no offence intended) your avatar gives me the willies...
HAHA

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 26, 2011, 05:34:28 PM
And hey, whatever happened to Radio Train Wreck?
first we had RSS feed problems, and it took a long time to get that fixed.  now the RSS feed is fixed, but i've just been too busy to do a show.  i'll be back in the swing of it very soon, though.

Cool, make sure to let us know when you are back up and running.

You might remember that I said that Glenn Beck's media company, Mercury Radio Arts, would be a good fit for Art Bell.  A few weeks later, Mercury announced that they had hired Kraig Kitchin, who used to be Art's "boss" at Premiere.

About 3 weeks ago the Glenn Beck web site announced that they would reveal the name of the host of their new show,
the  Insider-Extreme-only,  Internet-only "Fifth Hour", in about two days.   They never announced the name of the host, possibly because right after they made that announcement, Congresswoman Giffords got shot.

Yesterday, buried at end of a blog posting about their new documentary on Iran, they say this:...

"we can’t announce it quite yet but there is a “5th” hour coming to the Insider Extreme. Check back as we’ll be providing more information soon."

Is there any correlation between Art Bell's silence about his possible future career in talk radio and the Glenn Beck people delaying the announcement of the name of the host of the 5th Hour?  Darned if I know.

ronnieb9580

I'm going to keep calling into the show pretending to have something to say on whatever subject they are talking about and then as soon as I'm live on air I'm going to say something like "Tell us what happened to Art Bell"

I'm sure I'll get cut, but if a lot of us do this then maybe we can get some word on what happened. So starting on tonight's show lets keep doing this every night until the truth is told.

MV/Liberace!

if art bell is the host of glenn beck's fifth hour, i will take a shit live on ustream for everyone to see.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: ronnieb9580 on January 27, 2011, 09:33:45 AM
I'm going to keep calling into the show pretending to have something to say on whatever subject they are talking about and then as soon as I'm live on air I'm going to say something like "Tell us what happened to Art Bell"

I'm sure I'll get cut, but if a lot of us do this then maybe we can get some word on what happened. So starting on tonight's show lets keep doing this every night until the truth is told.

I have an idea... let's start writing to all of C2C's sponsors and ask that question.  "We're not going to listen to the show or buy your product until we get a straight answer."

I have a feeling we'll get an on-air response from Noory in short order.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on January 27, 2011, 09:45:24 AM
if art bell is the host of glenn beck's fifth hour, i will take a shit live on ustream for everyone to see.

That would make you an instant celebrity.  Can you imagine if Art dove head-first into political talk radio, with a little paranormal thrown in?  It would change the whole talk radio paradigm as it now exists.  Limbaugh would have to tend to his laurels.