• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:44:03 AM
I like the hard science shows really, and most of the UFO shows, when it comes to religion stuff i simply dont care but i know some do, like i said its a balance

it is..i just have a hard time accepting a lot of the UFO, paranormal stuff cause frankly..i need hard evidence i have seen myself and since i have never seen any of these things..i just find it hard to believe..yes i believe the possibility of these things but i need..more evidence..

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:37:01 AM
Regarding Executive Producer Scott McKay....Not the path you should've taken sir.  And it's nothing to do with Ross.   I get you may want to connect, but don't be the guest/interviewer.  It's like the guy who slips his hand down the woman's a on the first date. 

Nonetheless....I (we) wish you success.  Brapps!
Wow Shay, you hit it dead on. It's like being violated, an overstepping of the boundaries, or reading the Falkie and political threads in one sitting.

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:45:33 AM
it is..i just have a hard time accepting a lot of the UFO, paranormal stuff cause frankly..i need hard evidence i have seen myself and since i have never seen any of these things..i just find it hard to believe..yes i believe the possibility of these things but i need..more evidence..

Everyone has a camera in their pocket now but it's the same old grainy UFO footage. It's kind of boring and this is coming from someone that once saw a UFO. Abduction/contactee stories can be fun as they crazy stories. I don't believe them but it's fun radio. As long as the guest can create a story that is interesting and somehow plausible.

Barfly

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 03:44:17 AM
It bothered me that Art was one of those people. :( 5 minutes of research on the guest is all he needed to do to find out the show wasn't going to be what he thought it was.
He IS 70 years old, we knew this going in to this, his voice still sounds close to it was in the 90's.
Is he getting lazy? maybe, is he the best interviewer broadcasting with the topics his show is geared for? Absolutely

ShayP

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 13, 2015, 03:47:03 AM
Wow Shay, you hit it dead on. It's like being violated, an overstepping of the boundaries, or reading the Falkie and political threads in one sitting.

oh..no...too much.

trostol

alright..i am getting sleepy..so i shall bid you all a fond good night and a hearty BRUUPS!!!! hmm..a bit off i think

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Barfly

I'm out as well,Gnight all, good discussion in the forum today  :)

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:48:41 AM
He IS 70 years old, we knew this going in to this, his voice still sounds close to it was in the 90's.
Is he getting lazy? maybe, is he the best interviewer broadcasting with the topics his show is geared for? Absolutely

Okay.  Still doesn't mean he can't interview new blood. Don't forget that he reached out to all the fans for this new gig, and also wanted all the fans to understand whenever he quit another.  We waited like obedient dogs.

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 03:48:22 AM
Everyone has a camera in their pocket now but it's the same old grainy UFO footage. It's kind of boring and this is coming from someone that once saw a UFO. Abduction/contactee stories can be fun as they crazy stories. I don't believe them but it's fun radio. As long as the guest can create a story that is interesting and somehow plausible.
That's what makes for good radio / podcasts

ShayP

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:37:01 AM
Regarding Executive Producer Scott McKay....Not the path you should've taken sir.  And it's nothing to do with Ross.   I get you may want to connect, but don't be the guest/interviewer.  It's like the guy who slips his hand down a woman's blouse on the first date. 

Nonetheless....I (we) wish you success.  Brapps!

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:48:41 AM
I'm just glad he's back on the air. Good shows or bad, he is a master of the craft.Sometimes I think he plays along like he believes just to stir shit up in the threads. That actually makes it fun. Gets a lot of peeps to sound off. :)

ShayP

*sigh*

With much apprehension....being a loyal subject and showing respect to all here....

Love, Peace, and Hoagie grease.  8)

Braaps!  :D  ....(or is it?)  :-\

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:49:49 AM
alright..i am getting sleepy..so i shall bid you all a fond good night and a hearty BRUUPS!!!! hmm..a bit off i think

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Bruups - Brother trostol
*hey, new word for a FAIL*
Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:51:32 AM
I'm out as well,Gnight all, good discussion in the forum today  :)
Bruups Brother BarFly

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:51:39 AM
Okay.  Still doesn't mean he can't interview new blood. Don't forget that he reached out to all the fans for this new gig, and also wanted all the fans to understand whenever he quit another.  We waited like obedient dogs.

I think he's too comfortable. What made Rossy such a great producer is he booked guests not in Richard's comfort zone. It required Richard to adapt and really pushed the show forward. Art's not going to book guests that put him outside his own comfort zone. But he needs that. It will create far better radio.

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:58:33 AM
*sigh*

With much apprehension....being a loyal subject and showing respect to all here....

Love, Peace, and Hoagie grease.  8)

Braaps!  :D  ....(or is it?)  :-\
Bruups Brother Shay

Bruups Sister Warrior Princess Sandra - you too Cardinal Pate (if you're still in the room.)
I'm 10-10 till the braaps are resurrected. ( Hopefully tomorrow. :) )

pate

As a thyme traveler, I have much to orbsorb...

Not liking tonite so far. 

My baseball team is strong and perhaps they borrowed that energy.

Victory seems tasteless without sauce, but ima frog

Auslandia

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:18:50 AM
But WHO do you get that is interesting? you have duds, Art had many in the beginning but asked the good ones to become regulars, but that took YEARS

You guys are only remembering the highlights.  Trust me, there were plenty of dud shows back in his radio days.

Auslandia

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 13, 2015, 01:41:57 AM
I still don't understand why Ross left a paying job to pursue personal projects, but I won't push :)

I'm gonna guess it isn't paying all that much

rfmwguy

Dayaaam, looks like I picked a bad time to stay off the computer. Good luck Ross and Richard. New adventures await. In honor of sauce, I adjust...Bruuups to all.

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:28:43 AM
Art needs to give that up lol..no witch that may practice in the darker arts..which is a misconception with white and black magic..it really is all about intention of the spell..but any one that deals in the black arts will not let it be known
For a Paglini replacement, Art should have Heather troll the sidestreets or truckstops, looking for a smooth talking hooker with a cig hanging from their lip, preferably coughing a lung out.  They can just pose as "a witch."

Auslandia

Why was the producer on the show for so long? I don't get it he kept on interrupting. And I have not been able to scroll back through all the messages here but holy sweet Baby JC  fucking Michelle from Japan called in.  There's 2 shows she's out to ruin.

b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on October 13, 2015, 08:37:38 AM
For a Paglini replacement, Art should have Heather troll the sidestreets or truckstops, looking for a smooth talking hooker with a cig hanging from their lip, preferably coughing a lung out.  They can just pose as "a witch."
I'm sure she'll get right on this.

ShayP

Quote from: rfmwguy on October 13, 2015, 07:18:19 AM
Dayaaam, looks like I picked a bad time to stay off the computer. Good luck Ross and Richard. New adventures await. In honor of sauce, I adjust...Bruuups to all.

Hello Dave...Hope the project is coming along and I dig the spots you do for the show.  Plus it's an honor when you join us.  As you can see, some of us don't adjust well to change.  I don't adjust well.  But today is a new day. 

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

Quote from: ItsOver on October 13, 2015, 08:37:38 AM

whoozit

I'm hoping Richard's model for the torsion field includes having the new producer shut up and produce.  Nothing personal but the gabfest wasn't good radio.  "Look at the data!"

Michelle from Japan needs to ride her bicycle into a bridge abuttment

K_Dubb

I think it's fair to give it a couple weeks before running amok, but yeah. I like the nostalgia and the reminiscing, so that isn't it.  Maybe Hoagie really wanted to bring the new guy in and Rossy was smart enough to just split before conflicts arose.

I was relieved to learn the SS United States isn't available for cruises, though.