• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 13, 2015, 09:02:15 PM
The nature of the relationship between Hoagland and Ross still appears indeterminate.  There's not enough data to make a judgement.
That is my initial take on it, but I haven't gotten any of the PMs.   ;) Our lot at Bellgab seems to quickly take-sides and jump on any conspiracy and for all I know it could be that RCH really is manipulative, con-artist; a real "Face In The Crowd" type. Who knows? I enjoyed most of his Rossy shows. And from Rossy's post he seemed like a real good person and left in a classy way.

About every C2C guest has some charlatan in them, to some degree (to each their own but I never bought into the bigfeet, UFO, NAZIs Bells and bases, Atlantis reborn, Cancer cures, Akashic Records, New Agey spiritual revolutionary convergences, Bible codes, Sphinx energy, or the End of the World by every possible cause- from God, the Devil, humans, aliens, asteroids, etc.) If it was good entertainment with a good host, I liked it.

If RCH abused Rossy, or others, than I don't like but it is not like Hollywood, tv, and radio don't have prima-donnas (or worse rapists and casting-couchers) and most people still buy their dreck, (at least until they are exposed. Polanski and Woody Allen still supported and popular. Cosby, not so much. So even there it depends on the person, I guess.) I want facts but I think we will be able to tell how OSOM goes or when more "rumors" and "dirt" leak out.
--> amended, Rossy, doesn't want any more controversy so I'll let RCH and OSOM speak for itself and maybe listen to a few show but....

Bradsmith313

I just want to say something about RCH.

I've had some disagreements with his views. But, I've also had some pleasant exchanges with him and I like him. I like Ross and he has stated that things are amicable. So, everyone, let's move forward . . . .

trostol

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on October 13, 2015, 09:46:18 PM

I've had some disagreements with his views. But, I've also had some pleasant exchanges with him and I like him. I like Ross and he has stated that things are amicable. So, everyone, let's move forward . . . .

but i had my pitchform all ready  :(

Lilith

Quote from: popple on October 13, 2015, 01:41:41 AM
I feel blessed to have listened during the OSOM era of Producer Rossy. I don't know where we're going now.... *stares out window*

I share this sentiment 100%

norland2424

Lol so what did i miss? Did rch fire Rossy? Every one seems like they want to murder rch now?

slippingaway

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on October 13, 2015, 09:46:18 PM

Well said.  There's no need to get things bloated out with hatred.  I have heard about a dozen shows from RCH (simply on too late and I already subscribe to MITD, CTM, and Dreamland, so no time/funds for another 'cast).  RCH has some fascinating stuff, and I can hear that he's getting more comfortable with the role, but his show is far too dysfunctional for RCH's ego to be too inflated.  Perhaps I'm wrong.  Radio hosts don't make some glamorous salary, and I can't imaging he's making bank riding Art's coat tails.  But HE IS still family. I won't dis him.

Rossy, you are still the shit.  Great work. Mission accomplished.

ShayP

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 09:27:43 PM
My campaign to get Shay a job is mostly a running gag we've had since Leo left and they needed a new news reader lol. When Art retires in 25 years I'll make a post about Shay replacing Art.

....and I love the gag.  I'll be your straw man anytime.

ShayP

I'm quickly  trying to catch up on all this stuff.  I could say so much, however I respect Rossy's wishes to not escalate things.  However from what I gather, we are missing the true culprit.  The one person with a mind cunning enough to forecast these events and set them in motion.  George Noory.

GravitySucks

Somebody PM me if this thread is ever worth visiting again. Until then, sayonara. It's been real. It's been nice. Right now its not real nice.

SPAARB

Quote from: TigerLily on October 13, 2015, 04:41:15 PM
Rossy handled his departure with class and without one negative word. Hoagie couldn't be bothered to even mention Ross's name.  Last night was 100% RCH with no filters. I didn't like it.

I am assuming Rossy probably scheduled the rest of this week so we should see at least some of his influence still. After that.....

I plan on keeping an open mind but after our years of desolation with Noory, I'm not willing to see incompetence as entertainment
Thank you Sister TigerLily.
That's exactly what I got out of it too.
We were privy to the knowledge that Rossy was leaving, most listeners weren't. RCH didn't say word one about anything Rossy did. Not even a quick "Thank You." (Not that i remember anyway.) I was expecting something at least. That really threw me for a loop. Rossy busted his ass to get the show where it is. The way the show unfolded yesterday was just....    wrong. Bad Ju-Ju. The entire feel of the show was off. It made me feel like I was a homo-phobe forced to watch two Sumo wrestlers having anal sex in a pen filled with pig-shit while they were being pissed on by naked 500Lb bearded ladies. Yah,...  dirty doesn't even begin to describe how last nights show felt.

jjsmooth

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 13, 2015, 11:34:28 PM
two Sumo wrestlers having anal sex in a pen filled with pig-shit while they were being pissed on by naked 500Lb bearded ladies.

Link, please.

ShayP

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 13, 2015, 11:34:28 PM
We were privy to the knowledge that Rossy was leaving, most listeners weren't. RCH didn't say word one about anything Rossy did. Not even a quick "Thank You." (Not that i remember anyway.) I was expecting something at least. That really threw me for a loop. Rossy busted his ass to get the show where it is. The way the show unfolded yesterday was just....    wrong.

I checked the archive and starting at 6 minutes in, Hoagie announced that "the producer" was leaving and (I'm paraphrasing) wished him luck, best wishes, godspeed, etc.

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on October 11, 2015, 04:53:31 PM
Goodness, that sounds like monotonous work! But nice job (also on the other stuff you've posted.) It is weird to me, non scientist, how there are regions that seem to be relatively free of craters? I guess related to the orbit and where 'stuff' like meteors/asteroids is coming from? Nice work.
In the case of Mars (well, everything), it's surface age.  Fewer craters = younger.  On Mars, that's polar ice caps and lots and lots of volcanoes.  And potential resurfacing by oceans.

Quote from: albrecht on October 11, 2015, 04:53:31 PM
ps: I still like Hoagland and consider his insistence on "torsion," arcologies, and 19.5 endearing. Don't buy it, but he is a good radio host. And it not like he is taking public funds or being taught in school so, for me, no harm and just fun.
I've talked about the "what's the harm" before, so I'll just do it briefly here.  I really don't care if someone believes there are glass domes on the moon.  Seriously.Don't.Care.  But, it demonstrates a lack of critical thinking.  And those critical thinking skills are the same ones that would prevent you from giving a "psychic" $300,000 to consult with the dead for you.  Or, to use an example closer to RCH, it's that lack of critical thinking that makes his SO, Robin, a homeopathist.  She LITERALLY BELIEVES that water is magic.  That if you shake it a certain way after removing everything BUT water from it, it has magic curative properties.  It's stuff like that that can kill when you use it in place of real medicine (hint: if it worked, it wouldn't be "alternative medicine," it would be "medicine").  That's why in pretty much everything I do I try not to just debunk for debunking's sake, I try to emphasize critical thinking.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 04:45:39 PM
Thanks, I will check them out.  Did you ever get my PMs about the sun and comets?
Yes.  The short answer is I haven't had time to look into it at all.  The way to figure out if it's real is to look at hours and hours of all the other SOHO movies to see if there are random solar outburst events, map their distribution on the disk, frequency, and size.  Then compare that with what you see when a comet appears to go near the sun and see if it's just the same random chance of an outburst.  I don't know of anyone who's really done that, though, and I certainly don't have the time.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 05:08:28 PM
Any idea of how many known craters there are on earth?
http://www.passc.net/EarthImpactDatabase/

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2015, 05:08:28 PM
I saw the part about 1km.... Is that the limit of the resolution of the imagery, or are "craters" less than 1km classified as something else (e.g. Micro crater)?
Global imagery limit (at the time) and sanity.

coaster

Hoagland has a superiority complex. You can see it in the way he talks down to people, the way he name drops and everything else about his personality. 

AppealPlay

I cancelled earlier this evening.  I can't abide his behavior.

Quote from: coaster on October 13, 2015, 11:59:08 PM
Hoagland has a superiority complex. You can see it in the way he talks down to people, the way he name drops and everything else about his personality.

I find that's a common trait in pseudo-scientists.   Redirect the argument and shut down the person rather than properly addressing the issue.  I suppose it becomes a way of life.

coaster

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 14, 2015, 12:07:51 AM
I find that's a common trait in pseudo-scientists.   Redirect the argument and shut down the person rather than properly addressing the issue.  I suppose it becomes a way of life.
Hoagland is the definition of the strawman fallacy.

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 11:47:31 PM
I checked the archive and starting at 6 minutes in, Hoagie announced that "the producer" was leaving and (I'm paraphrasing) wished him luck, best wishes, godspeed, etc.
Thanks for the correction Shay.
It's amazing how that was wiped from my memory ( possibly because Rossy wasn't mentioned by name ??) after the distaste the rest of the show left me with.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: ASC on October 14, 2015, 12:04:42 AM
me too

eat one, hoagland!
Everyone order double anchovy pizzas/no cheese delivered to his place.

ShayP

Quote from: coaster on October 14, 2015, 12:13:54 AM
Hoagland is the definition of the strawman fallacy.

Sandra Kristen is lobbying for me as a straw man candidate.  For what, I don't know.  But I'll do any job I'm not qualified for.   ;D  ;)  ;D

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on October 14, 2015, 12:18:55 AM
Sandra Kristen is lobbying for me as a straw man candidate.  For what, I don't know.  But I'll do any job I'm not qualified for.   ;D  ;)  ;D

its a trap, shes your ex wife planning to kill you!!  ;D ;D

Quote from: ShayP on October 14, 2015, 12:18:55 AM

I don't know.  Looks like kind of a boring position.