• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:12:31 AM
You book people who are new blood who love the old guard.  There are so many people now who are into the paranormal, conspiracies, science, astrology, alternative views, etc.  Everything has been stale lately.

I think 9/11 sort of changed the genre. While Art's show did exist in the post 9/11 world it's heyday was the 1990s when paranormal subjects seemed more innocent and fun. Now, it seems, all these conspiracy theories are based around 9/11. 9/11 seems to have made the crazies even more wacko and now everything is a false flag and so forth.

People like Alex Jones have made a fortunate really pushing this stuff. This is the cutting edge and Art's show is still trying to be 1990s radio. Richard's show was cutting edge and seemed to be exploring topics that don't get much attention and it was mixed with Richard's insanity.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 13, 2015, 03:05:23 AM
Wow, not even one braaps tonight.

All is not lost.  I heard Richard clip two of his fingernails, about half way through the show.  ;)

Barfly

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 13, 2015, 03:13:23 AM
I think it sums up our feelings here tonight.
A change-up is fine, but something of this magnitude, sprung without warning, is just unacceptable.
It's time for some emails.
The cults and the club have been dealt a devastating blow. :-[
I'll give it a few days though.  ;)
Yup, gotta give it a few days, but that producer gotta shut his trap and not play sidekick

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:18:50 AM
But WHO do you get that is interesting? you have duds, Art had many in the beginning but asked the good ones to become regulars, but that took YEARS

Yeah man...but do you want to hear the same guest 15 times over 20 years?  There are plenty of interesting people.  Do they want to be on the show though?  If not...then why?

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:19:12 AM
I can't give my sound off tonight.  :'(
Take Care Brother Shay
Perhaps the Braaps shall return.
Keep the faith.
We need to DDOS him with email.

Barfly

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 03:19:15 AM
I think 9/11 sort of changed the genre. While Art's show did exist in the post 9/11 world it's heyday was the 1990s when paranormal subjects seemed more innocent and fun. Now, it seems, all these conspiracy theories are based around 9/11. 9/11 seems to have made the crazies even more wacko and now everything is a false flag and so forth.

People like Alex Jones have made a fortunate really pushing this stuff. This is the cutting edge and Art's show is still trying to be 1990s radio. Richard's show was cutting edge and seemed to be exploring topics that don't get much attention and it was mixed with Richard's insanity.
Thats a good point, but Art isn't Alex.
Arts 90's shows where exceptional radio, but you are correct, times where different, we all have to move on, Art will be fine

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:24:58 AM
Thats a good point, but Art isn't Alex.
Arts 90's shows where exceptional radio, but you are correct, times where different, we all have to move on, Art will be fine

not Art i am worried about..but like the Spaniard said..i am not entertained lol

ShayP

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 03:19:15 AM

I agree.  That kind of thing saturates media across the board.  However, there are plenty of people with different interests and backgrounds who would love the exposure.  Then again...Art hasn't found his new witch.

Barfly

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:21:50 AM
Yeah man...but do you want to hear the same guest 15 times over 20 years?  There are plenty of interesting people.  Do they want to be on the show though?  If not...then why?
Art makes the final decision who is booked, Heather said it on the GabCast a few weeks back, she gets all kind of crazy guests that want to be on the show, some nutjobs may be the next Mel, but how can you tell?

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:26:06 AM
I agree.  That kind of thing saturates media across the board.  However, there are plenty of people with different interests and backgrounds who would love the exposure.  Then again...Art hasn't found his new witch.

Art needs to give that up lol..no witch that may practice in the darker arts..which is a misconception with white and black magic..it really is all about intention of the spell..but any one that deals in the black arts will not let it be known

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:28:18 AM
Art makes the final decision who is booked, Heather said it on the GabCast a few weeks back, she gets all kind of crazy guests that want to be on the show, some nutjobs may be the next Mel, but how can you tell?

like ya said..how do you know..you book them and if they are schlubs ya dump them

ShayP

Book 'em.  Make it good radio.  I think Art just wants to be comfortable.  If so, it's insulting.  Like it's been said, he's interviewed many types of guests.  yet we see the same theme with each rebirth of his show.  Maybe it's what the listeners want.  It's nothing new though.

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:31:12 AM
Book 'em.  Make it good radio.  I think Art just wants to be comfortable.  If so, it's insulting.  Like it's been said, he's interviewed many types of guests.  yet we see the same them with each rebirth of his show.  Maybe it's what the listeners want.  It's nothing new though.

prob a bit of both..like Dave having Dr Joel on every month

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:20:52 AM
Yup, gotta give it a few days, but that producer gotta shut his trap and not play sidekick
The worst part was his spitting into his mic because it was too close to his mouth.
Yes, side-kick is no place for a producer. He should have been ensuring audio quality instead of playing mutual admiration society.
I was sad to see Rossy go, but he has things to do.
I was also willing to give the new producer a fair shake. but what the hell ?
Co-host ??
NOT ! !
If this is the direction RCH wants to take the show, I don't know if it will survive.

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:32:00 AM
prob a bit of both..like Dave having Dr Joel on every month

yeah...I still look at the program schedule.  WTF?

Barfly

Another thing is you cant please everybody, for example i dont listen to the life after death shows or the exorcism show because i think its all bullshit, but some may really like those shows, its a balance

Art needs to take a back seat to booking then.

Take the Satanist show. That was absolutely awful because Art didn't bother to do 5 minutes of research on what Satanists actually believed. Then he tried to upsell the show about being fooled, that she was really evil, and it was just embarrassing.

Let Heather do her job. She's more aware of what is going on than a 70 year old conservative white rich man. Art needs to check his ego and realize recycling 90s show isn't going to work in the year 2015.

pate

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:10:13 AM
Its a crap shoot that took many years

Spotty Potty, now that's a winner I put my beer money down on...

True. She was asked to give out names too. Smart girl she was - she said no.
That's my Parenthesis Sister. :)

trostol

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 03:34:26 AM

Take the Satanist show. That was absolutely awful because Art didn't bother to do 5 minutes of research on what Satanists actually believed. Then he tried to upsell the show about being fooled, that she was really evil, and it was just embarrassing.

Let Heather do her job. She's more aware of what is going on than a 70 year old conservative white rich man. Art needs to check his ego and realize recycling 90s show isn't going to work in the year 2015.

that is one thing that bugs me..i hope he does it for entertainment value but it seems like he believes most of what he is told on his shows

ShayP

Regarding Executive Producer Scott McKay....Not the path you should've taken sir.  And it's nothing to do with Ross.   I get you may want to connect, but don't be the guest/interviewer.  It's like the guy who slips his hand down a woman's blouse on the first date. 

Nonetheless....I (we) wish you success.  Brapps!

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2015, 03:32:54 AM
yeah...I still look at the program schedule.  WTF?

i dunno..he recycles so many guests any more..so many of the same topics..but he has his fans who still eat up that crap..when Dr Joel is a fraud at heart

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:28:43 AM
Art needs to give that up lol..no witch that may practice in the darker arts..which is a misconception with white and black magic..it really is all about intention of the spell..but any one that deals in the black arts will not let it be known
You hit the nail on the head Brother Trostol  ;)

trostol

dunno..i just have a feeling RCH will be more pseudopolitical now with more crazy things he think are going on and less..interviewer mode..

Barfly

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on October 13, 2015, 03:34:26 AM

Shots fired!
You do make a point, Art is still a master with guests..but i couldn't listen to that show much because i find the concept of satan ridiculous

pate

Anna 'nuther thang...

Here we are talking about the after-thought shoe...

I ain't got no third foot, and iffn y'all (n-e of yah) do, well questions will be had on open lines.

Back to the thought. 

What was it?

Nice to come down to, but really?

I blame myself, mostly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B436avtEXzs

trostol

Quote from: Barfly on October 13, 2015, 03:39:00 AM
Shots fired!
You do make a point, Art is still a master with guests..but i couldn't listen to that show much because i find the concept of satan ridiculous

i liked the show but that show showed how much people do not..look into things..satanists ≠ devil worshipers

Barfly

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:41:13 AM
i liked the show but that show showed how much people do not..look into things..satanists ≠ devil worshipers
I like the hard science shows really, and most of the UFO shows, when it comes to religion stuff i simply dont care but i know some do, like i said its a balance

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 03:41:13 AM

It bothered me that Art was one of those people. :( 5 minutes of research on the guest is all he needed to do to find out the show wasn't going to be what he thought it was.