• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 13, 2015, 04:02:34 PM
I also think there was some sort of deterioration over the last little while as the vibe was getting stranger and stranger. I thought Rossy was getting deeper into his work but I don't know man. Things definitely got strange.

Like I said though, part of me glad is Rossy is gone because now the gloves come off with Richard.

I liked Saucy as a dude.  He was fun to chat with during the early weeks of the show.  Over time his posts became more infrequent.  I just assumed he was busy working.  He chose some strange guests like the Star Trek guy and the HP Lovecraft person which turned me off but overall I think he did a good job.  I do wish, however, that he wouldn't have taken criticism of the show and RCH personally.

Agreed about the gloves coming off, though.  I feel like Saucy restrained Hoagie's natural nuttiness and maybe with him gone he will go full 19.5 crazy.

onan

Let's not forget that RCH is at his heart, a scam artist. One that would take your mother's last nickel to keep his story going.

AppealPlay

Quote from: onan on October 13, 2015, 04:08:47 PM
Let's not forget that RCH is at his heart, a scam artist. One that would take your mother's last nickel to keep his story going.

He truly is remarkable.

norland2424

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 11, 2015, 08:09:10 PM
Let this be absolutely be clear, I decided to leave on for my own reasons, I put a lot of things on hold when I took this up and I'd like to get back to those projects. Art, Heather, Keith, Rich, and Amy are amazing people.

While im not saying hoagie isnt capable of being a slave master, ill go off from what Rossy said, there is no point in Rossy covering for all of them if he had been wronged.

AppealPlay

Quote from: norland2424 on October 13, 2015, 04:10:31 PM
While im not saying hoagie isnt capable of being a slave master, ill go off from what Rossy said, there is no point in Rossy covering for all of them if he had been wronged.

To be fair, you never want to be the guy known to talk shit about his previous employer.  Especially true if you're employer is a public figure.

Yeah totally man. Like I was saying last night not only is Rossy a good producer who got some interesting bookings and helped structure Hollywood's lunacy but he also brought a lot of Richard's biggest hecklers into the fold. This new producer can't even get his mic figured out and when asked about what he's bringing to the table responded with a mighty "Uhhhhh..."

This show is going to descend into being a clustermuck which might be amazing in and of itself. But yeah, I really don't like Hoagland. I don't like his nuttiness, self-importance or him trying to alpha out constantly to justify his self-image. I liked the direction of the show and I liked it as a pleasant follow up to Art often times being better because it was new and a lot less serious. But with how contrived last night was with ringer callers, clueless idiot producer who just wants to interject if he may and now no leash on Hollywood's lunacy this show is going to turn into everything we originally thought it'd be.

norland2424

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 04:11:42 PM
To be fair, you never want to be the guy known to talk shit about his previous employer.  Especially true if you're employer is a public figure.

Very true but he could have just also not have said anything or you know gone full leo lol.

Quote from: onan on October 13, 2015, 04:08:47 PM

Truth.

AppealPlay

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 13, 2015, 04:12:51 PM
Yeah totally man. Like I was saying last night not only is Rossy a good producer who got some interesting bookings and helped structure Hollywood's lunacy but he also brought a lot of Richard's biggest hecklers into the fold. This new producer can't even get his mic figured out and when asked about what he's bringing to the table responded with a mighty "Uhhhhh..."

This show is going to descend into being a clustermuck which might be amazing in and off itself. But yeah, I really don't like Hoagland. I don't like his nuttiness, self-importance or him trying to alpha out constantly to justify his self-image. I liked the direction of the show and it as a pleasant follow up to Art often times being better because it was new and a lot less serious. But with how contrived last night was with ringer callers, clueless idiot producer who just wants to interject if he may and now no leash on Hollywood's lunacy this show is going to turn into everything we originally thought it'd be.

Fingers crossed!  I'm hoping for full scale insanity.  That's what I wanted originally.  Oh, man, this is gonna be great. :D

onan

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 04:14:55 PM
Fingers crossed!  I'm hoping for full scale insanity.  That's what I wanted originally.  Oh, man, this is gonna be great. :D

I love how you think.

chefist

It's clear that what happened was not positive.  RCH has a personality that few could handle on a professional basis, even when you get paid.  I had the great opportunity to work with Rossy during the blitz and the Reddit show..he was not just professional, but the nicest guy you could ever work with...

i smell egocentric, self destructive, narcissistic talent to blame here...I could be wrong...but smells fishy...

Rossy will be better off without that negative energy in his life! IF this story is true...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ayala on October 13, 2015, 03:48:33 PM
I am sending this message to you all so you can know the truth. Rossy was driven out by Richard Hoagland who refused to pay him a penny. He told Rossy that he owned him and pushed him around like a slave.You can not even begin to guess how badly Rossy was treated. He was told that he had to put Richard ahead of his Family all the while refusing to pay him a cent. If you do not buy this ask Rossy yourself, he was insulted and made to feel like a slave so he quit. If you knew the truth it would make you sick. I am writing this because I just feel it is so very wrong, he may well not wish to speak of it but this is the sad truth.

I'm Onan's producer here on Bellgab and that's exactly how I get treated. That. Bastard. That said, I'll give Hoagland some time and see, but after last night I'm feeling disillusioned.

jazmunda

Can anyone give me the cliff notes on last nights show? From the sounds of it I'd be better off slicing my balls and dipping them in vinegar.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: jazmunda on October 13, 2015, 04:37:12 PM
Can anyone give me the cliff notes on last nights show? From the sounds of it I'd be better off slicing my balls and dipping them in vinegar.

Hoagland and his new producer talked about bullshit for two hours and took a few calls, the highlight of which was that transgendered person in Japan that calls Art 3 times a week.

trostol

if indeed Ross was..not treated as well as he could have by RCH that really irks me..he is a genuinely nice guy who was..with someone elses help trying to help me with something and really didnt have to..i would hate for him to have been.."mistreated" in terms of being used or berated for guests/topics Richard didnt like

TigerLily

Rossy handled his departure with class and without one negative word. Hoagie couldn't be bothered to even mention Ross's name.  Last night was 100% RCH with no filters. I didn't like it.

I am assuming Rossy probably scheduled the rest of this week so we should see at least some of his influence still. After that.....

I plan on keeping an open mind but after our years of desolation with Noory, I'm not willing to see incompetence as entertainment

jazmunda

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 04:39:30 PM
Hoagland and his new producer talked about bullshit for two hours and took a few calls, the highlight of which was that transgendered person in Japan that calls Art 3 times a week.

Who is the new producer?

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 13, 2015, 04:39:30 PM
the highlight of which was that transgendered person in Japan that calls Art 3 times a week.

I'm glad someone else is now taking a beating for ruining shows. :P

K_Dubb

Rossy defended Hoagie only a couple weeks ago in a way that, to me, far exceeded professional obligations.  He's got the button if he wants to use it, though.

whoozit

The sun can't set in this forum without someone coming up with a conspiracy theory.  I love his place. ;)

Quote from: jazmunda on October 13, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
Who is the new producer?

Some old friend of Richard's who regaled us with about a hour of stories from his heyday in the 1890s. The getting high convo was fascinating until Richard steered away from it because he seemed allergic to anything comprehensible or interesting last night.

Michelle is fine but Michelle was on so long last night that she's like fuck this show, I need some chicken brah.

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on October 13, 2015, 04:41:15 PM
Rossy handled his departure with class and without one negative word. Hoagie couldn't be bothered to even mention Ross's name.  Last night was 100% RCH with no filters. I didn't like it.

I am assuming Rossy probably scheduled the rest of this week so we should see at least some of his influence still. After that.....

After our years of desolation with Noory, I'm not willing to see incompetence as entertainment

i think that bugs me most..he didnt even really seem to care he lost a producer..someone who busted his ass to help him get his show going...just more BS about transitions in physics

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: jazmunda on October 13, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
Who is the new producer?

Scott McKay. I think he's a former producer at CBS.

I'm glad someone else is now taking a beating for ruining shows. :P

:D

albrecht

After our years of desolation with Noory, I'm not willing to see incompetence as entertainment
I thought he mentioned him a few times during the show last night. I don't know if he would want his name broadcast over the air anyways, especially if there was some divisive breaks. I don't know why anyone using their real name in broadcast anyway. Less public info, the better. Use a stage name or nom de guerre, considering this industry seem to be pretty brutal and lots of personality conflicts, in addition to intern and paralegal attacks. I wish Rossy the best and hope the decision wasn't due to negativity or RCH. Time will tell, I hope the show goes on as it was but time will tell.....

I'm going to try to get back tonight before Midnight to catch the Iron Mountain show since I've been waiting awhile for it and Rossy said it'd be good. But if it's not fire, I'm out.

Last night got so boring, the last half hour wasn't even fun to make fun of.

cosmic hobo

Rossy handled his departure with class and without one negative word. Hoagie couldn't be bothered to even mention Ross's name.  Last night was 100% RCH with no filters. I didn't like it.

Did he even thank Rossy on air? If he didn't and particularly if he didn't have the courtesy to mention Rossy by name then that tells me there was a rift or at the very least that RCH was pissed at the sudden departure.

I wish Rossy all the best. I think he did a great job in procuring some varied and interesting guests. I don't get to listen live due to my location but I am a Club 19.5 member and listen on my commute to and from work.

I haven't caught this show yet but the reviews aren't making me want to hit play. Is it entertaining from a Train Wreck perspective or should I just delete it and save myself the pain?

AppealPlay

I plan on keeping an open mind but after our years of desolation with Noory, I'm not willing to see incompetence as entertainment

Well, just in time for me to listen while I cook dinner.  Dis gun b gud! :D

trostol

Quote from: cosmic hobo on October 13, 2015, 04:47:34 PM
Did he even thank Rossy on air? If he didn't and particularly if he didn't have the courtesy to mention Rossy by name then that tells me there was a rift or at the very least that RCH was pissed at the sudden departure.

I wish Rossy all the best. I think he did a great job in procuring some varied and interesting guests. I don't get to listen live due to my location but I am a Club 19.5 member and listen on my commute to and from work.

I haven't caught this show yet but the reviews aren't making me want to hit play. Is it entertaining from a Train Wreck perspective or should I just delete it and save myself the pain?

io have a lousy memory but i do not think he ever thanks his previous producer..aka Ross..i may have missed it...as for the show itself..if you like 2 old guys reminiscing and name dropping for an hour and a half before taking calls..by all means listen lol

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 04:48:53 PM
Well, just in time for me to listen while I cook dinner.  Dis gun b gud! :D
Please let us know how you liked it

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 13, 2015, 04:06:38 PM
I liked Saucy as a dude.  He was fun to chat with during the early weeks of the show.  I do wish, however, that he wouldn't have taken criticism of the show and RCH personally.

I promise all of you, I never took a single thing any of you said personally. Maybe it seemed like I did at the time but, well only so much you can get across by text. And you are all cool dudes and duddettes, I'm really proud of the work I did. And am blown away by all of your comments. So thank you.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: trostol on October 13, 2015, 04:39:58 PM
if indeed Ross was..not treated as well as he could have by RCH that really irks me..he is a genuinely nice guy who was..with someone elses help trying to help me with something and really didnt have to..i would hate for him to have been.."mistreated"

Thanks bro, and I can still work on that if you want it or it could be for something else....in the near future.