• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Zenman

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 09, 2018, 10:59:34 PM
Found it interesting that Leo confirmed that Art's favorite music really was his bumper music and that he would psyche himself up for the 30 minutes before the show by listening to it.

Yeah, I didn't realize that. Makes sense tho when you think about it. I listen to my favorite songs when I'm stressed, and I'd probably use the same songs as bumper music if I had a show and a choice of bumpers.

Lilith

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 09, 2018, 10:59:34 PM
Found it interesting that Leo confirmed that Art's favorite music really was his bumper music and that he would psyche himself up for the 30 minutes before the show by listening to it.

Yes. Made Keiths bumper music tribute, even more meaningful to me.

dsz

Speaking of music... another one I don't recall being part of the Art bumper tribute show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnSWJHawQQ

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 11:05:36 PM
Until she can't afford it anymore.

It's just a bad business decision to pay for the license with the small size of her show...I'm glad DS and KR have decided not to use it for the mean time...build a solid business so the show continues into the future...if and when it gets big enough, then get the license.

Sammi

Finally listening to Dave...  Is the format a different guest per-hour?  I'm bored TBH and not following anything.  This dude is currently talking about car engines?

Kolchak

Quote from: brig on May 09, 2018, 11:04:19 PM
I'm listening to MITD on Tunein desktop.  No issues. I'm using Windows10.  Don't know what you're using.

Thanks, Brig. Looks like the culprit was Ghostery.

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: dsz on May 09, 2018, 10:38:06 PM
I wish we could take Heather a cake or something. Oh, wait... what's that I hear sloshing through the mail from Paul and Ella...

My God, this is brilliant!  Wait a sec.... Shouldn't I be on the air with Spaced Out Radio right now?  Dammit.  Dead Air!

Quote from: Bluejay on May 09, 2018, 11:06:51 PM

I'm going to sue you for giving me erectile dysfunction. >:(

Bluejay

Kolchak

Quote from: Sammi on May 09, 2018, 11:08:18 PM
Finally listening to Dave...  Is the format a different guest per-hour?  I'm bored TBH and not following anything.  This dude is currently talking about car engines?

Yeah, I'm with you. Kind of a dud night. Still #BetterThanHeather.

Kolchak

Quote from: chefist on May 09, 2018, 11:07:45 PM
It's just a bad business decision to pay for the license with the small size of her show...I'm glad DS and KR have decided not to use it for the mean time...build a solid business so the show continues into the future...if and when it gets big enough, then get the license.

I agree. Unfortunately, she's sold her audience on the fact that the bumper music is coming back, so much so that there's a separate tab for it on her site.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2018, 10:55:59 PM
My first threesome.

Are you sure you can handle so much awesomeness?

Lilith

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 11:08:32 PM
Thanks, Brig. Looks like the culprit was Ghostery.

Happy you got it fixed  ;D

dsz

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 11:05:36 PM
Until she can't afford it anymore.

True... and she'll blow her load defending the show title so there won't be any left for that. Remember, my dear lurking Heather, "Heather In The Desert"... I think I originated that since the HITD Facebook appeared after I messaged you that title back when you started. There's really nothing wrong with it. It has "hit" in the initials, which is what you're going be.

mnbmnbmnb

These last two nights it was one guest. This guy built rockets and is probably leading up to it.

Lilith

I'm not sure lol

Quote from: dsz on May 09, 2018, 11:07:42 PM
Speaking of music... another one I don't recall being part of the Art bumper tribute show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnSWJHawQQ

Art also used this once in a while.  Not sure if it was on the tribute show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qI-XExjyC4

dsz

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 09, 2018, 11:09:07 PM

My God, this is brilliant!  Wait a sec.... Shouldn't I be on the air with Spaced Out Radio right now?  Dammit.  Dead Air!

Uh oh... "Dead Air" (TM)... Art Bell copyright infringement! Get him, Keith!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on May 09, 2018, 10:51:48 PM
The next two hrs of mitd..can't be any worse than the first hr

Guest needs the hook.. geez

#goheather

Faustina

Quote from: brig on May 09, 2018, 10:52:04 PM
That was short but interesting IMO.  Theyre going to have him back for a full show.  Will have to keep an eye out for that.

Yes!  I'll let you know.  He didn't sound as nuts as I remembered.

Interesting what they had to say on that show about internet killing radio coz it's [internet commerce, such as Amazon] killing off small businesses that advertise on radio.  I disagree.  I will expound upon this later.   

And I believe his health problem was a heart attack, iirc.   

Lilith

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on May 09, 2018, 11:12:38 PM
These last two nights it was one guest. This guy built rockets and is probably leading up to it.

Sounds like it, hes talking about fussion etc now, which interests me.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on May 09, 2018, 11:12:00 PM
Are you sure you can handle so much awesomeness?

I will approach the situation with humility and realistic expectations and if that isn’t enough I will try and find some MDMA for round two.

dsz

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2018, 11:13:39 PM
Art also used this once in a while.  Not sure if it was on the tribute show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qI-XExjyC4

Sweet. I think I like his "once in a whiles" the best.

zeebo

Sup all you mean babies?

Ⓒ 2018 bateman

Lilith

Quote from: Faustina on May 09, 2018, 11:15:19 PM
Yes!  I'll let you know.  He didn't sound as nuts as I remembered.

Interesting what they had to say on that show about internet killing radio coz it's [internet commerce, such as Amazon] killing off small businesses that advertise on radio.  I disagree.  I will expound upon this later.   

And I believe his health problem was a heart attack, iirc.

Oh, Thank You Foustina!

Even PM me if you want when you hear he's on.

Faustina

Is David Adair on yet?  This Beyond Reality show has me hooked.  Vampires at AA:  that's some good shit right there.

Zenman

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 09, 2018, 11:15:03 PM
Guest needs the hook.. geez

#goheather

I find the subject matter kind of interesting (nuclear stuff and such), but the guest's delivery is putting me to sleep a bit.

Faustina

Quote from: brig on May 09, 2018, 11:17:28 PM
Oh, Thank You Foustina!

Even PM me if you want when you hear he's on.

I shall.  Maybe we can even be PM-buddies.  :)