• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 06:50:06 PM
That all sounds good to me.

I think we need to try to nail down a format (loose) for the Bell Philes/Files.

This will be all just my stream of consciousness talking and doesn't necessarily need to be answered.

Are we going to pull audio from shows? Is this legal? Who's going to do that? Are we going to focus on new or classic or both? When we talk about classics are we going to pick a specific show or a specific topic. Are we going to refer to audio ie: listen to parts on air or just chat about that show/topic? If we are focusing on a classic do we all need to listen to the entire show prior? Who picks? Obviously we are all not going to be able to listen to every minute of the new shows so how are we going to tackle the new stuff? Should we just each pick bits that we liked, didn't like during the past month? Lots of questions.

I think this could be a fun show and we might need to wing it for the first episode but I think we should have a few talking points prior to air.

Perhaps we should choose a classic to all listen to as a pilot episode and perhaps give each other a week or two to listen. Not asking people to put their lives on hold for this so I'm not sure how it will work. Afterall this isn't designed to make us money.

I agree and these are good starting questions for us.  I don't know if it would work but I think it would be cool to completely open source the production and during the gabcast live sessions we can hash out some of these questions and get input from any interested parties that call in. 

I think due to the nature of what we are going to try to do for the Bell Files we need to maintain a regular show format in terms of how we are going to unravel each show but the contents inside each section can be free flowing to keep it interesting.  I also think we should play clips and attempt to maintain fair use rules as best we can but I'm sure we will mess up and may need to do some editing when called out.

heater

Quote from: MV on March 23, 2015, 07:04:13 PM
laserjock and his wall of text pontifications bore the shit out of me.

I'm waiting for him to complain about sandy hook again.

Can I start a #stopfalkiethread4kathy twitter campaign?  If I can get the gabcast 10 new followers we lock the thread?

jazmunda

Falkie needs to be saved from himself. His life is an absolute trainwreck. Everyday it is some new ailment or tragedy. I really feel for that poor bruised kathy. I just don't get why the guy puts it all out there. Is he lonely? Is he punking all of us? Is he retarded?

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 23, 2015, 07:04:13 PM
laserjock and his wall of text pontifications bore the shit out of me.

I'm waiting for him to complain about sandy hook again.

Add albrecht to the list of posts I can't read without getting a migraine and wanting to poke my eyes out with a rusty paperclip.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 07:24:18 PM
Add albrecht to the list of posts I can't read without getting a migraine and wanting to poke my eyes out with a rusty paperclip.

Yes. His posts are also wearing out my scroll wheel.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 06:50:06 PM
That all sounds good to me.

I think we need to try to nail down a format (loose) for the Bell Philes/Files.

This will be all just my stream of consciousness talking and doesn't necessarily need to be answered.

Are we going to pull audio from shows? Is this legal? Who's going to do that? Are we going to focus on new or classic or both? When we talk about classics are we going to pick a specific show or a specific topic. Are we going to refer to audio ie: listen to parts on air or just chat about that show/topic? If we are focusing on a classic do we all need to listen to the entire show prior? Who picks? Obviously we are all not going to be able to listen to every minute of the new shows so how are we going to tackle the new stuff? Should we just each pick bits that we liked, didn't like during the past month? Lots of questions.

I think this could be a fun show and we might need to wing it for the first episode but I think we should have a few talking points prior to air.

Perhaps we should choose a classic to all listen to as a pilot episode and perhaps give each other a week or two to listen. Not asking people to put their lives on hold for this so I'm not sure how it will work. Afterall this isn't designed to make us money.

I was wondering about the legality of playing clips too.  We might get PremRats on our asses.  Curtis should play the clips on his awesome setup, if we find that it would be ok to play them.

The idea of picking an old show, and giving us all a couple of weeks time (to find the time) to listen to it in preparation sounds good.  As we listen we make note of things in the show that grab us, and bring those notes to the show.  The host starts off by saying what this month's episode is, and we discuss it chronologically. 

For Art's new show, since ours will be once a month, let's pick the most awesome one each month and dissect it the same way we do the old shows.

???

jazmunda

For the new shows the host can go "around the table" and ask each of us which show was our favorite for that period. Therefore we will cover more than one show. We could also through that question out to the audience and take their thoughts on the months show/guests.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 10:48:04 PM
For the new shows the host can go "around the table" and ask each of us which show was our favorite for that period. Therefore we will cover more than one show. We could also through that question out to the audience and take their thoughts on the months show/guests.

I like it.  Also, imagined you saying it with a horse head mask on. 
Too soon? 

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 23, 2015, 11:04:18 PM
I like it.  Also, imagined you saying it with a horse head mask on. 
Too soon?

Oh I never wear the mask. I like to watch the ones with the mask.

Heather Wade

Let's make that the GabCast album cover, dude.

jazmunda

I love the expression on the horse's face that is getting spanked.

Heather Wade

That's what's got me laughing too.  And the stance of the spanker.

onan

I have a migraine. Sorry, won't be there tonight.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on March 24, 2015, 04:42:23 PM

awww maaaan.

Heather Wade

Feelin for ya, that sucks.

jazmunda

Pussy.

jazmunda

Based on this post by Art how could he possibly be going to terrestrial radio:

Quote from: Art Bell on March 25, 2015, 07:08:16 PM
There is simply no question about it AM radio is in big trouble, FM will be next. Many times when a big change is under way the players involved just do not see it. It is now moving at a fast pace. Internet is already going into new cars. Why should anybody sit at home trying to listen to a Talk Show coming and going through crackles and fading when they can click a app on a phone put on headphones and listen to crystal clear audio in Stereo?

I have a very strong emotional attachment for Radio but I also can very clearly see where it is all going and fast. If I had shares in one of the big company's that had bought stations all over the country I would dump them quickly as people seem to be doing.

Think about it, I can potentially reach even more people on the Internet Worldwide then 600 radio stations can. I understand it will take some education before the change is complete but I hope to be the first to truly make the point, new stuff is sooo much fun!

Art

jazmunda

Why this site be all slow and shit? Think I might head over to midnightdesert.com; they know how to capitalize on Art the right way. :P

I hope they're looking for an affable foreign guy that is comfortable being the butt of many hilarious jokes.

MV/Liberace!

Keith is doing the negotiating? We're fucked.

heater

I heard he cancelled negotiations due to the other side making a comment he didn't agree with and for talking to their wife while in a conference call.  How did I hear this?  Keith tweeted a photo of him wiping his ass with the contract and a caption that said 'things are going well as we move on to round 2 of contract talks'

Heather Wade

It's looking like I may not be able to make the show tomorrow.  Just bought a car, and I have to arrange to have it shipped to me.   :(  ;D

jazmunda

congratulations. i am out as I'm away this week.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on April 05, 2015, 11:03:59 PM
Keith is doing the negotiating? We're fucked.

I'm done with giving a fuck about what Art does. He has brought this all upon himself by not using legal counsel and using Keith as his chief negotiator.

jazmunda

MV can you please get rid of the new poster sonofjazmunda.  it's a bit stalkerish and clearly someone with familiarity of the site and most likely a repeat poster. i wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be SR-71. i would appreciate that.

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on April 07, 2015, 02:43:07 AM
I'm done with giving a fuck about what Art does. He has brought this all upon himself by not using legal counsel and using Keith as his chief negotiator.

I haven't wanted to rain on the parade, but I feel the same. Quite honestly, I find his recent posts to be similar to the conversations I've had with friends when they broke up with their bf/gf.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on April 07, 2015, 02:48:52 AM
MV can you please get rid of the new poster sonofjazmunda.  it's a bit stalkerish and clearly someone with familiarity of the site and most likely a repeat poster. i wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be SR-71. i would appreciate that.

i've asked him to change his display name.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on April 07, 2015, 04:13:16 AM
I haven't wanted to rain on the parade, but I feel the same. Quite honestly, I find his recent posts to be similar to the conversations I've had with friends when they broke up with their bf/gf.

redacted called it.  talent is mercurial.

onan

With Jaz and Redacted away, is there a cast tonight?