Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 10, 2015, 10:45:13 PM
Likewise.  ;)

I don't think Art listened to tonight's GabCast.  :-[

I think it's on during his dinner time. 

Heather Wade

Never wanted anyone to feel left out though.   :-[

jazmunda

Are our shows now on the half hour instead of the hour?

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on March 16, 2015, 11:37:29 PM
Are our shows now on the half hour instead of the hour?

no dummy, they are on the internet.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on March 17, 2015, 04:43:28 AM
no dummy, they are on the internet.

On the internet?  I thought this was just a magic thing that happened on my headset most Tuesdays.

MV/Liberace!

i'm not going to do the show tonight.  going out with some friends which is a change of scene i could use.  curtis has the ability to run the show from his place, but i don't know if he wants to or not, so we'll see what he has to say when he finds out.

MV/Liberace!

turns out curtis is sick, so he wasn't planning to do the show tonight anyway.

onan

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 17, 2015, 12:59:09 PM
On the internet?  I thought this was just a magic thing that happened on my headset most Tuesdays.

Yeah who ever heard of a show on a clock? hmmm magic... Sorry Jaz, seems I wasn't thinking right.

onan

Any chance we can get together before the next gabcast?

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on March 18, 2015, 06:10:46 PM
Any chance we can get together before the next gabcast?

Your place or mine?

Heather Wade

What day & time were you thinking, onan?

onan

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 18, 2015, 06:52:34 PM
What day & time were you thinking, onan?
Quote from: jazmunda on March 18, 2015, 06:49:35 PM
Your place or mine?

I'm pretty much open this weekend.

heater

I would like to get together too so I can test my setup with multiple callers, etc.  I am free most of the weekend.

sorry about missing yesterday...I felt like I had visited Morocco with MV.

MV/Liberace!

this weekend is fine on my end.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 18, 2015, 09:42:18 PM
this weekend is fine on my end.

I will need to know what day & time you're thinking of.

Remember 5pm Pacific (8pm EST) is 11:00am for me. Your Saturday is my Sunday. Also I have a life. So .........  :D

jazmunda

Where did that poster bound4bristol go?

I enjoyed his strikethrough texts that weren't the least bit annoying.

Also did that Pam girl get the boot?

I found her stream of consciousness posts to be mildly entertaining from a mental health point of view.

Also I expect to be kept abreast of all comings and goings on this site.

MMMMM breasts.

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on March 19, 2015, 05:24:43 PM
Where did that poster bound4bristol go?

I enjoyed his strikethrough texts that weren't the least bit annoying.

Also did that Pam girl get the boot?

I found her stream of consciousness posts to be mildly entertaining from a mental health point of view.

Also I expect to be kept abreast of all comings and goings on this site.

MMMMM breasts.

Pam was Lilly, I believe. Her avatar looked very familiar to me. I think another boot.

MV/Liberace!

yeah, they're both gone.

saturday evening?  how about 7pm eastern.  unless that's too early for you.  idunno.  just let me know.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 19, 2015, 06:11:41 PM
yeah, they're both gone.

saturday evening?  how about 7pm eastern.  unless that's too early for you.  idunno.  just let me know.

6:30pm Est might be more convenient.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on March 19, 2015, 06:30:27 PM
6:30pm Est might be more convenient.

that ok with everyone else?

heater

that works for me too.

Pam was not very smart.  I did a Google image search on her avatar (thought it was an actress) and learned way more about her than I should have.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on March 19, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
that works for me too.

Pam was not very smart.  I did a Google image search on her avatar (thought it was an actress) and learned way more about her than I should have.

I did the same thing with onan's avatar and found out that he starred in such movies as The Big Lewbowski and The Fabulous Baker Boys.

heater

I think we had a really good conversation Saturday and want to recap how we are going forward at least from my point of view.  If I am wrong please correct me!

Shows going forward:

Gabcast - bi-weekly live only show that will focus on the happenings on the forum.  This will be an open ended conversation that will bring up AB news, take live calls and will interact with the live chat as needed.  No obligation to host but please alert the group of your status if you are going to join at least 1 hour before the show airs.  Need to have at least 2 hosts or the show will be cancelled. 

Note 1: No downloadable episode unless it is planned ahead of time or we have a noteworthy guest join.

Note 2:  These episodes would be a great time to do pre-production on "Bell Files" to develop ideas for upcoming shows and crowd-source content.

Hosts: open

Streaming responsibility: MV or themudking.

Airs: every other Tuesday @ 8:30pm Eastern

The Spec Sheet - weekly live / podcast about technology with focus on mobile & security news. Screw the chat room!

Note 1: Downloadable episodes continuing where the last show left off.

Hosts: MV, themudking

Streaming responsibility: MV

Airs: to be determined.

Bell Files - Monthly live / podcast about Art Bell and tangentially paranormal info.  Focus will be to dig into old episodes of C2C, Dreamland, etc. to discuss show themes and background.  Heavy attention will be spent on the community and experience of being an Art Bell fan rather than strictly critical discussion of the topic. Will take live calls and interact with the live chat as needed.

Note 1: Downloadable episodes will be available starting at episode 1.

Note 2: This show will follow a specific format that the hosts need to determine in the next few weeks.

Hosts: jazmunda, (Redacted), onan, themudking

Streaming responsibility: themudking

Airs: to be determined but I think we could possibly use one of the Tuesday nights that is reserved for the Gabcast.

Heather Wade

Rock n roll, mang.  Sounds good.  I am always going to host GabCast unless asked not to, so consider me All In each show.  Unless I die due to freak feline accident, in that case you will have to rely on my cat's typing skills for notice.  So, good luck with that.  Bell Files sounds great, and glad this stuff got worked out.

jazmunda

That all sounds good to me.

I think we need to try to nail down a format (loose) for the Bell Philes/Files.

This will be all just my stream of consciousness talking and doesn't necessarily need to be answered.

Are we going to pull audio from shows? Is this legal? Who's going to do that? Are we going to focus on new or classic or both? When we talk about classics are we going to pick a specific show or a specific topic. Are we going to refer to audio ie: listen to parts on air or just chat about that show/topic? If we are focusing on a classic do we all need to listen to the entire show prior? Who picks? Obviously we are all not going to be able to listen to every minute of the new shows so how are we going to tackle the new stuff? Should we just each pick bits that we liked, didn't like during the past month? Lots of questions.

I think this could be a fun show and we might need to wing it for the first episode but I think we should have a few talking points prior to air.

Perhaps we should choose a classic to all listen to as a pilot episode and perhaps give each other a week or two to listen. Not asking people to put their lives on hold for this so I'm not sure how it will work. Afterall this isn't designed to make us money.

jazmunda

I love the GabCast. I'm happy to do the bi-weekly and monthly Bell show.

I'll be away the week of Tuesday the 5th of April as I'm taking the family to Sydney.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on March 23, 2015, 06:36:07 PM
I think we had a really good conversation Saturday and want to recap how we are going forward at least from my point of view.  If I am wrong please correct me!

Shows going forward:

Gabcast - bi-weekly live only show that will focus on the happenings on the forum.  This will be an open ended conversation that will bring up AB news, take live calls and will interact with the live chat as needed.  No obligation to host but please alert the group of your status if you are going to join at least 1 hour before the show airs.  Need to have at least 2 hosts or the show will be cancelled. 

Note 1: No downloadable episode unless it is planned ahead of time or we have a noteworthy guest join.

Note 2:  These episodes would be a great time to do pre-production on "Bell Files" to develop ideas for upcoming shows and crowd-source content.

Hosts: open

Streaming responsibility: MV or themudking.

Airs: every other Tuesday @ 8:30pm Eastern

The Spec Sheet - weekly live / podcast about technology with focus on mobile & security news. Screw the chat room!

Note 1: Downloadable episodes continuing where the last show left off.

Hosts: MV, themudking

Streaming responsibility: MV

Airs: to be determined.

Bell Files - Monthly live / podcast about Art Bell and tangentially paranormal info.  Focus will be to dig into old episodes of C2C, Dreamland, etc. to discuss show themes and background.  Heavy attention will be spent on the community and experience of being an Art Bell fan rather than strictly critical discussion of the topic. Will take live calls and interact with the live chat as needed.

Note 1: Downloadable episodes will be available starting at episode 1.

Note 2: This show will follow a specific format that the hosts need to determine in the next few weeks.

Hosts: jazmunda, (Redacted), onan, themudking

Streaming responsibility: themudking

Airs: to be determined but I think we could possibly use one of the Tuesday nights that is reserved for the Gabcast.

www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dg4bftQ4xxFc

MV/Liberace!

laserjock and his wall of text pontifications bore the shit out of me.

I'm waiting for him to complain about sandy hook again.