• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Show Prep

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 19, 2014, 10:01:21 AM

MV/Liberace!

and eddie... to keep things seamless moving from our show to yours, i think we should do it this way:

you set up a private shoutcast server.  i'll have the info for your private server saved in my winamp playlist.  as soon as our show is over, i'll just start relaying your private server's audio, and you'll then be on.  that seem like a good plan to you?  if so, you can just get me your private server info when it's set up.

heater

Quote from: onan on May 04, 2015, 01:56:53 AM
I guess I may be the only one that will not be viewing the falkie/noory video. I don't like falkie's behaviors, but I am not one that likes seeing people make fools of themselves. That debases all of us.

You are 100% correct. The recent vid of his is the last I plan to watch.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: themudking on May 04, 2015, 05:16:44 PM
You are 100% correct. The recent vid of his is the last I plan to watch.

which one?  he does a new one every ten minutes.

heater

the one after the next one.

I can't stop, please someone help me....

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
and eddie... to keep things seamless moving from our show to yours, i think we should do it this way:

you set up a private shoutcast server.  i'll have the info for your private server saved in my winamp playlist.  as soon as our show is over, i'll just start relaying your private server's audio, and you'll then be on.  that seem like a good plan to you?  if so, you can just get me your private server info when it's set up.

I'd prefer to use the stream connection method that I have in place for 2mro's show. (right click on edcast in winamp > then click connect)   
Assuming the info/password to your shoutcast server has not changed since the show we did 2 sundays ago, & that you remember to disconnect your feed after the SS so I can get in.
if I'm streaming from my studio on future GCs ( see below), we can consider setting up a S.cast server for me at that time. That would make it easier for you, yes?

To be clear, because I probably wasn't, or haven't said anything to you directly about this yet: for the time being, I'm content with just sitting in as co-host  every few weeks and occationally run/stream the show when you or Curtis can't do it.
I appreciate the opportunity and confidence that you have in me. :)
When I want to do more, I'll let you know.

Heather Wade

I agree on not wanting the Falkie thing to dominate the GabCast, I feel pretty much the same as onan on that. 

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 03, 2015, 11:35:04 PM
I love reading your reviews of The Video.  Had a great day for once over here, and I'm not ruining it by hitting play on that abomination.  Maybe tomorrow. 

Will be listening to The Spec Sheet on Tues.  What skype account should I call for The GabCast when it's time to go to air?

Heather Wade

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 06:34:31 PM

Thanks Eddie, I sent an add request.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 06:34:31 PM

I assume this is the one I already have in my skype contacts that I stare at whilst promising myself that I won't drunk dial.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 04, 2015, 06:24:37 PM
I agree on not wanting the Falkie thing to dominate the GabCast, I feel pretty much the same as onan on that.

I think it does need to be talked about. Bellgab has been all about it in the past few days.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on May 04, 2015, 08:04:15 PM
I think it does need to be talked about. Bellgab has been all about it in the past few days.

This will not end well for me.   ;D

onan

I will be good for the background moaning and groaning.

eddie dean

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 04, 2015, 06:47:45 PM
Thanks Eddie, I sent an add request.

no prob.

Quote from: jazmunda on May 04, 2015, 08:03:20 PM
I assume this is the one I already have in my skype contacts that I stare at whilst promising myself that I won't drunk dial.

Yes it is. We are standing by to answer your call.
"Hello, this is windows technical department. Our servers have detected  a virus on your PC"

eddie dean

We can talk about whatever you want. I'll be counting on you all to find a few things, related or not related to falkie, to bring up on the show. Although we will probably need to spend some time discussing the Noory videos and the shitstorm that thread has generated. I'd like to play the vid where Noory is singing a Engelbert Humperdinck cover, just so we can goof on it. good times.
I'd also like to talk about Art last few posts. Jaz can you get those posts together and have them in front of you during the show.

Whatever you guys want to talk about is fair game as far as i'm concerned.

Talk to you tomorrow. show starts roughly @ 7pm pst /10pm est
It would be helpfull to call in 15 or 20 mins  early so I can do a sound check.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
We can talk about whatever you want. I'll be counting on you all to find a few things, related or not related to falkie, to bring up on the show. Although we will probably need to spend some time discussing the Noory videos and the shitstorm that thread has generated. I'd like to play the vid where Noory is singing a Engelbert Humperdinck cover, just so we can goof on it. good times.
I'd also like to talk about Art last few posts. Jaz can you get those posts together and have them in front of you during the show.

Whatever you guys want to talk about is fair game as far as i'm concerned.

Sure will but it's always funnier when I'm not prepared. :P I'll have them ready boss.

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
Talk to you tomorrow. show starts roughly @ 7pm pst /10pm est
It would be helpfull to call in 15 or 20 mins  early so I can do a sound check.

So it begins. Just kidding. I could use an expert to sort out my audio. MV's not reading these posts is he?

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 04, 2015, 08:35:13 PM
This will not end well for me.   ;D

That's the plan. I hope we can incite Falkie to make another (redacted) video. The last one was great fapping material.

Why isn't there a puking emoticon?

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on May 04, 2015, 08:41:42 PM
I will be good for the background moaning and groaning.

I share your groans but how could we not talk about it.

It's ironic that MV probably made more in ad revenue yesterday than Falkie will ever make from his videos and MV was sitting on his skinny (you're welcome) ass while Falkie was getting lost on the back streets of Santa Cruz.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on May 04, 2015, 10:07:35 PM
That's the plan. I hope we can incite Falkie to make another (redacted) video. The last one was great fapping material.

Why isn't there a puking emoticon?

I missed the falkie vs redacted thing. What was that all about? A misunderstanding by him no doubt.
on second though,  don't tell me. Save it for the show.

Quote from: Jaz-The-Munda
So it begins.

Come on Jaz.  you know you liked it when I yelled at you about your mic technique. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 05:44:38 PM
I'd prefer to use the stream connection method that I have in place for 2mro's show. (right click on edcast in winamp > then click connect)   
Assuming the info/password to your shoutcast server has not changed since the show we did 2 sundays ago, & that you remember to disconnect your feed after the SS so I can get in.
if I'm streaming from my studio on future GCs ( see below), we can consider setting up a S.cast server for me at that time. That would make it easier for you, yes?
my only reason in suggesting a private shoutcast server on your end is so that i don't have to drop my encoder when going from our show to your show.  i can, in essence, just double click on your "stream" that you're hosting on your end (and which has only one listener slot... for me) as if i'm playing an event in the playlist.  but that was my only motivation in suggesting this... to keep listeners from being dropped between shows.  if you prefer not to use my method, then you're going to have to be quick on the draw to connect your encoder when i drop out, and you need to have something already playing when you connect your encoder to my stream host.

To be clear, because I probably wasn't, or haven't said anything to you directly about this yet: for the time being, I'm content with just sitting in as co-host  every few weeks and occationally run/stream the show when you or Curtis can't do it.
I appreciate the opportunity and confidence that you have in me. :)
When I want to do more, I'll let you know.

no, eddie.  when vandeven enterprises is done with you, you'll be informed.  otherwise, you'll take the workload we give you.

eddie dean

MV, I'll need the new open music and liners when you get a chance.
thanks

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 04, 2015, 06:24:37 PM

like i said, you guys talk about what you want.  if that means no falkie, fine.  if it means falkie from beginning to end, fine.  just don't make your decision based on what you think the audience might moan or groan about.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on May 04, 2015, 10:09:48 PM
...and MV was sitting on his skinny (you're welcome) ass while Falkie was getting lost on the back streets of Santa Cruz.

i like the sound of that. thanks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 10:47:25 PM
MV, I'll need the new open music and liners when you get a chance.
thanks

k...

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2015, 10:47:03 PM
my only reason in suggesting a private shoutcast server on your end is so that i don't have to drop my encoder when going from our show to your show.  i can, in essence, just double click on your "stream" that you're hosting on your end (and which has only one listener slot... for me) as if i'm playing an event in the playlist.  but that was my only motivation in suggesting this... to keep listeners from being dropped between shows.  if you prefer not to use my method, then you're going to have to be quick on the draw to connect your encoder when i drop out, and you need to have something already playing when you connect your encoder to my stream host.

Oh I'm quick on the draw alright, just ask my last girlfriend.
What's the shoutcast server cost?  I don't want the listeners to get kicked out or have problems.
My issue with the SC server  is this:
1. time to install, troubleshoot and test, which I have  limited time to mess with it  2mro and
2. Taxing my struggling 2004 XP laptop that winamp & edcast is loaded for streaming,  which is already ify at best. Might work fine or suddenly power off, I never know.

will it work If you can contact me by txt or phone and let me know when you are going to disconnect, I'll connect asap. If ppl have problems can't they just hit reload? or is that too unprofessional?

Heather Wade

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2015, 10:49:12 PM
like i said, you guys talk about what you want.  if that means no falkie, fine.  if it means falkie from beginning to end, fine.  just don't make your decision based on what you think the audience might moan or groan about.

Cool, well, my opinion on that was based on my own selfish needs.  After further consideration, Jaz is right.  How can we not talk about it?  But, don't take that to mean I want to.

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 10:43:44 PM
I missed the falkie vs redacted thing. What was that all about? A misunderstanding by him no doubt.

Ok, you'll laugh when you hear this.   ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2015, 10:49:12 PM

Say what you want about Falkie (and I'm no fan. I haven't posted in that thread for a long time) but I think the masses, regardless of what they say, want to hear about falkie. Just take a look at what MV posted about the page views yesterday. That was all Falkie. Love him, hate him, loathe him or fap to him.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 10:43:44 PM

http://youtu.be/JZppsYDQa5U

Lots of gems in there. Might need to play it too.

Watch the whole thing but 3:17 is his suggestion for (redacted)

#freeMVsmicrophone

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on May 05, 2015, 12:22:50 AM
Say what you want about Falkie (and I'm no fan. I haven't posted in that thread for a long time) but I think the masses, regardless of what they say, want to hear about falkie. Just take a look at what MV posted about the page views yesterday. That was all Falkie. Love him, hate him, loathe him or fap to him.

Those page views were site wide, BTW... and that's a rather average number.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on May 04, 2015, 11:11:34 PM
Oh I'm quick on the draw alright, just ask my last girlfriend.
What's the shoutcast server cost?  I don't want the listeners to get kicked out or have problems.
My issue with the SC server  is this:
1. time to install, troubleshoot and test, which I have  limited time to mess with it  2mro and
2. Taxing my struggling 2004 XP laptop that winamp & edcast is loaded for streaming,  which is already ify at best. Might work fine or suddenly power off, I never know.

will it work If you can contact me by txt or phone and let me know when you are going to disconnect, I'll connect asap. If ppl have problems can't they just hit reload? or is that too unprofessional?

This isn't something you'd need to pay for. You basically set up your own shoutcast stream host on your network and set the encoder to stream to it. I thought you already has this set up and had done it in the past, which was why I mentioned it. Maybe I'm mixing you and Curtis up. Either way, don't sweat it. Well do it the way you had planned on.