• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 07:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1294 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1936

PathoJen

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 06, 2015, 12:27:34 PM
This much is true, apart from the genius part.  Noory sees C2C as a marketing tool and nothing more.
Coast to Coast was designed to make Dave money

Who

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 11:59:39 AM
Nichelle Nichols suffered a stroke today, per George Takei's FB page. I don't watch star trek but I think this is Uhura? God speed.

The BBC is reporting it as a mild stroke.  She's awake, eating and having conversations with visitors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33018975

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 06, 2015, 09:22:37 AM
If they're going to do that they could at least have the courtesy to direct us to the scholarly, intellectual threads they normally inhabit.

BTW, my new avatar is P.T. Barnum, patron saint of Coast to Coast AM.  Anyone want to buy a bridge?  How about some medical advice from a veterinarian?  Turmeric?  Beyond Tangy Tangerine?  Grossly over-priced supplements?  $500 for lunch with George Noory?  Tickets for a one-on-one session with the late Dr. Evelyn Paglini?  How about a good deal on a used wishing machine from Joshua Pee Warren?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTtVcUp7S6U

Why is the camera so shaky, and why is Joshua P. Warren made up like a ghoul?   If I didn't know better I'd think this was a parody video.



Is it just me?

PathoJen

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 06, 2015, 12:30:48 PM
The BBC is reporting it as a mild stroke.  She's awake, eating and having conversations with visitors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33018975
Very good news.

Who

CBS News is reporting that a cat parasite may be related to mental illness in humans.  Seriously.  And no, my dog did not tell me to post this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cat-parasite-toxoplasma-gondii-linked-to-mental-illness-schizophrenia/

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 06, 2015, 12:49:46 PM
CBS News is reporting that a cat parasite may be related to mental illness in humans.  Seriously.  And no, my dog did not tell me to post this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cat-parasite-toxoplasma-gondii-linked-to-mental-illness-schizophrenia/

This is not the place to say it, but from experience, Cat people seem to have a higher percentage of kooks than the general population. My parents and siblings are all cat people and are into everything wacky that comes along. I'm the only normal one in our family and I would never own a cat.

Who

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 06, 2015, 01:40:29 PM
This is not the place to say it, but from experience, Cat people seem to have a higher percentage of kooks than the general population. My parents and siblings are all cat people and are into everything wacky that comes along. I'm the only normal one in our family and I would never own a cat.

Here's a great story about America's most famous crazy cat lady, Frances Bavier.

http://triad-city-beat.com/fresh-eyes-aunt-bees-siler-city-cat-house/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Doctor Who on June 06, 2015, 12:30:48 PM
The BBC is reporting it as a mild stroke.  She's awake, eating and having conversations with visitors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33018975

It might be a TIA, My old man has had two of those. They last about 24 hours at most and there isn't a deal that can be done about them.

coaster

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 06, 2015, 08:10:58 AM
Mr Coaster, I know in past we have had our differences, me calling you an animal for your constant mean spirited posts towards Falkie. But let's put that 'history' aside now and try to move forward, for the betterment of  bellgab members that are in need of help.

Both you and Opens Lines Jerry have made a courageous act by bravely posted about your problems with alcohol. Realizing there is a problem is step one. Next letting others know about it is an important step in bringing together others that can assist you with dealing with the 'problem'.

Consider Coaster, that you and Open Lines ban together as fellow alcohol abusers and start to discuss the 'problem' here and hopefully Bellgabers that want to help, can offer both you and Open Lines useful advice and support.
buuuurrrrrp. I work my ass off. I deserve getting pie-eyed every now and then.
It is beautiful today. The weather is perfect. I'm gonna go take my hungover ass outside and work in my garden. cheers folks. Enjoy your weekend. Even you Falkie!

Who

New visitors to this thread may not know that Falkie had training as a stage actor.  Here he is in a scene from Young Falkenstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6-tYS9k1U

PathoJen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2015, 01:51:23 PM
It might be a TIA, My old man has had two of those. They last about 24 hours at most and there isn't a deal that can be done about them.
Yes my grandmother had quite a few of those too. Often a person just recovers, or seems to be normal at least. Not sure exactly what sort of damage takes place in the brain on a permanent level though.

PathoJen

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 06, 2015, 01:40:29 PM
This is not the place to say it, but from experience, Cat people seem to have a higher percentage of kooks than the general population. My parents and siblings are all cat people and are into everything wacky that comes along. I'm the only normal one in our family and I would never own a cat.
I hate to say it, but most of the wackos in my life prefer cats to dogs and own at least three. i love all animals but am a dog person through and through. I LOVE dogs and have never owned a cat.


MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 09:25:53 AM
I agree man, I enjoy watching people turn themselves into pretzels flattering a talk-show host who peaked in the '90s. Sometimes it's fun when he shrugs and throws them a ragged piece of meat right off the bone, and they'll even fight over it.
Viciously.
That's fun.
That's why I came here.

We're all so far beneath you.


coaster

Quote from: MV on June 06, 2015, 03:21:28 PM
We're all so far beneath you.
meatie pie's only contribution to this forum is blowing falkie. It gets nothing but laughs from me when he criticizes other people. The definition of loser, that one. What a dumb fucking name too. fuck him.

Daggit

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 09:25:53 AM
I agree man, I enjoy watching people turn themselves into pretzels flattering a talk-show host who peaked in the '90s. Sometimes it's fun when he shrugs and throws them a ragged piece of meat right off the bone, and they'll even fight over it.
Viciously.
That's fun.
That's why I came here.

Meatie Pie - Did you call the gab cast last week? That smell seems familiar.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 03:09:40 PM
I hate to say it, but most of the wackos in my life prefer cats to dogs and own at least three. i love all animals but am a dog person through and through. I LOVE dogs and have never owned a cat.

Dogs > Cats.
Always.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Daggit on June 06, 2015, 03:43:40 PM
Meatie Pie - Did you call the gab cast last week? That smell seems familiar.
No, I've been meaning to, though. Sometime.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: coaster on June 06, 2015, 03:33:58 PM
meatie pie's only contribution to this forum is blowing falkie. It gets nothing but laughs from me when he criticizes other people. The definition of loser, that one. What a dumb fucking name too. fuck him.
You're an angry little ball of shit, aren't you. Let me go ahead and guess that you're single.

PathoJen

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 03:55:58 PM
You're an angry little ball of shit, aren't you. Let me go ahead and guess that you're single.
You must admit, your name is sort of unsettling, MP. I liked your old one better, which escapes me at the moment.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: MV on June 06, 2015, 03:21:28 PM
We're all so far beneath you.
Nope. I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like everybody else.
I like you, MV. I don't want to fight. Please let's not.

coaster

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 03:55:58 PM
You're an angry little ball of shit, aren't you. Let me go ahead and guess that you're single.
engaged actually.

3OctaveFart

Oh yeah? What does she think about you getting loaded every night and trolling a 63-year-old cripple on an Art Bell fan site? No matter. Congratulations are in order.

coaster

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 04:07:10 PM
Oh yeah? What does she think about you getting loaded every night
You have me confused with somebody else. Im a weekend warrior.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 03:58:57 PM
You must admit, your name is sort of unsettling, MP. I liked your old one better, which escapes me at the moment.
You don't like meat pies? I found some awesome ones at a farmer's market last summer.
Old name was 3 Octave Fart. Feedback from focus groups was very poor.
I didn't want a handle that might disgust my mother if I died while posting.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: coaster on June 06, 2015, 04:10:13 PM
You have me confused with somebody else. Im a weekend warrior.
Then take your fight to the beers and leave Meatie Pie be.

PathoJen

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 04:12:21 PM
You don't like meat pies? I found some awesome ones at a farmer's market last summer.
Old name was 3 Octave Fart. Consumer polls were very poor.
I didn't want a handle that might disgust my mother if I died while posting.
A "meat pie" like a chicken pot pie? Or like the ones Mrs. Lovett made? I am a vegetarian. Don't judge.

3OctaveFart

I don't judge at all. I am leaning that way myself.
I can't call myself an animal lover in good conscience and keep eating things that once had a face.

PathoJen

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 04:17:47 PM
I don't judge at all. I am leaning that way myself.
I can't call myself an animal lover in good conscience and keep eating things that once had a face.
That's why I stopped. I transitioned from regular meat products to all free range, grass fed, organic, humainly raised chicken and beef, to no meat at all.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod