• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Lunger

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 10, 2015, 06:31:07 AM
So everyone's reached the agreement that Graham Hancock should be on the show asap. Also I'm sure he'd do the same deal he's done with the JRE over the last few years where he'll send you a personalized signed bookplate if you order Magicians of the Gods when it comes out and email him.

He really does show that he appreciates his fans. I have an envelope full of bookplates to show for it.

Thing about Graham is that he is more into getting high now than doing any type of research.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 10, 2015, 12:50:41 PM
Do we have a resident Bellgab psychiatrist on board?  Fortrock may have split personality disorder.  Perhaps even tri personality disorder.  I think fort may be JC as well.

No he would be misspelling everything.

VegasI15

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 10, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
No he would be misspelling everything.

MMM....I don't get it.  *scratches head*

Nick el Ass

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 10, 2015, 01:05:47 PM
MMM....I don't get it.  *scratches head*

I don't either. So scratch that last comment.

munbeam666

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 06:29:05 PM
😍😍😍
Colonial or Colonol < pronounced kurnell, Sir?
Its the thought that matters

ItsOver

Maybe Ft.Rock is reproducing.  In an autosexual way, of course.  Any other way would not be credible.

Art_s Farts

Davebot alert in the GNS thread

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 10, 2015, 10:23:43 AM
The Best Moment in The Entirety of Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Ah, I used to wake up extra early on Monday mornings to watch reruns of Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Freakazoid. Best programming block ever.

space ghost coast to coast probably made me laugh the hardest with the "ants are so stupid" episode.

rzr1911

Quote from: Art_s Farts on March 10, 2015, 01:42:05 PM
Davebot alert in the GNS thread
gee, always these unfounded conspiracy theories.

spellerine

Quote from: Lunger on March 10, 2015, 12:50:57 PM
Thing about Graham is that he is more into getting high now than doing any type of research.

I believe Graham has said in past interviews that he once had a problem with Marijuana, but he was
Guided by his Ayahuasca experiences to quit using, and only seems to be into the shamanistic/healing qualities of mind altering substances now.

FortRock

Thank you for reading my post about this other FortRock. It's very challenging to know that someone has taken a leadership position in a Secret Army that you've never heard of before! your supportive comments hopefully will get the message about how I feel. This Bellgab is so much better that that old Coast-Gab thing, too little critical comments on George Noory's shortcomings. But I can't be critical since I haven't been here for 3 or more years. I love Art Bell and his discussions of Pahrump, it's just like Jimmy Stewart's "It's A Wonderful Life" when he talks about that town. You can see the loving twinkle in your mind's eye of Art! I remember the show in which his phone system failed, and all we heard were local calls from the Pahrump area. Now that was a magical experience. Perhaps selecting small towns across America to do such show events might be fun! Well I have not seen the other FortRock here today, he/she/it may have heard of my mild criticism of the posts! Well I'm posting a picture as a little gift to you all for your kind messages, it talks about last weekend's events! Thank you all!

ONeill

Yeah exactly. I think few remember that Hancock used to do really excellent journalism. I have on my bookshelf a book of his "Lords of Poverty" where he describes what the "international aid" to the 3rd world really is and what it leads to. Fabulous book.

Eddie Coyle

NPD now meaning "No Personality Disorder".

The General

Quote from: FortRock on March 10, 2015, 02:19:22 PM
Thank you for reading my post about this other FortRock. It's very challenging to know that someone has taken a leadership position in a Secret Army that you've never heard of before! your supportive comments hopefully will get the message about how I feel. This Bellgab is so much better that that old Coast-Gab thing, too little critical comments on George Noory's shortcomings. But I can't be critical since I haven't been here for 3 or more years. I love Art Bell and his discussions of Pahrump, it's just like Jimmy Stewart's "It's A Wonderful Life" when he talks about that town. You can see the loving twinkle in your mind's eye of Art! I remember the show in which his phone system failed, and all we heard were local calls from the Pahrump area. Now that was a magical experience. Perhaps selecting small towns across America to do such show events might be fun! Well I have not seen the other FortRock here today, he/she/it may have heard of my mild criticism of the posts! Well I'm posting a picture as a little gift to you all for your kind messages, it talks about last weekend's events! Thank you all!

Please call the Gabcast tonight to discuss this other FortRock and how his posts have sullied your online reputation.  I think it would be an interesting discussion.

Quote from: MV on March 10, 2015, 10:44:52 AM
The GabCast (a podcast about BellGab.com) will have a live episode coming your way today at 8:30PM Eastern, 5:30PM Pacific. 

Listen live:  UFOShip.com/chat
Call the show:623-242-CAST(2278)
Fax the show: 206-415-4585

Yes, you can fax us.

Quote from: MV on March 10, 2015, 01:42:38 PM
space ghost coast to coast probably made me laugh the hardest with the "ants are so stupid" episode.

That's my favorite too, particularly the extended version of the episode. There's also a weird one where his wife is Björk and it's pretty apparent that Space Ghost can't stand her.

Art_s Farts

Goddammit!!! First Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Now you're telling the Scorpion Army isn't real either. Goddammit  >:(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 10, 2015, 02:26:55 PM
That's my favorite too, particularly the extended version of the episode.

yeees.  the awkward process of watching space ghost crawl through rivers and fields, following a single ant back to its collective in order to punish the entire colony for crossing him... greatest thing ever on tv.  doesn't it take like 5 minutes until he's done crawling?  i love that awkwardness.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: spellerine on March 10, 2015, 01:57:39 PM
I believe Graham has said in past interviews that he once had a problem with Marijuana, but he was
Guided by his Ayahuasca experiences to quit using,

He said on I believe his second JRE appearance that he had to quit smoking, because he was letting it control his life. He also said that most of Fingerprints of the Gods was written with the guidance of cannabis.

Then on the next episode where he appeared, he took a hit. Then went into detailed explanations about the research for Magicians. Doesn't seem like it's getting in the way of his research.

coaster

Thats not really true at all. He quit smoking weed a while ago. The ayahuasca thing isnt really about "getting high" If anything, hes more into writing fiction than doing research.

lonevoice

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 10, 2015, 09:02:49 AM
That's a good memory I forgot about that. Wasn't Dave a big "cat person" as well when he first took over from Art, maybe the cats went away with the dogs  :P
This reminds me of another lie Dave perpetrated to try to convince Art's fans that he was the second coming of Art Bell.  It was when Dave learned that Art was using his ham radio activities to stay in touch with his fans via an internet shortwave on-line tuner application and an #800 number phone patch.  Suddenly Dave started talking about how he'd always been so fascinated by ham radio that he'd decided to get a ham radio operator's license.  When a combination of circumstances prevented Art from so visibly continuing those particular activities, (thanks, asshole trolls!), Dave never mentioned ham radio ever again.  That lifelong fascination of his simply...vanished.  Like Casey the dog.  ;D

lonevoice

Quote from: The General on March 10, 2015, 02:24:46 PM
Please call the Gabcast tonight to discuss this other FortRock and how his posts have sullied your online reputation.  I think it would be an interesting discussion.
It sure would be!  I also want to hear what happened to FortRock's gig in China teaching kids how to speak English.  Can you imagine all of those Chinese school kids learning to talk like FortRock?  Hmmm...maybe they're the ones who are hacking his bellgab account.   ;)

Quote from: lonevoice on March 10, 2015, 02:43:13 PM
It sure would be!  I also want to hear what happened to FortRock's gig in China teaching kids how to speak English.  Can you imagine all of those Chinese school kids learning to talk like FortRock?  Hmmm...maybe they're the ones who are hacking his bellgab account.   ;)

They are easy to spot - they type in all caps

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on March 10, 2015, 02:37:50 PM
This reminds me of another lie Dave perpetrated to try to convince Art's fans that he was the second coming of Art Bell.  It was when Dave learned that Art was using his ham radio activities to stay in touch with his fans via an internet shortwave on-line tuner application and an #800 number phone patch.  Suddenly Dave started talking about how he'd always been so fascinated by ham radio that he'd decided to get a ham radio operator's license.  When a combination of circumstances prevented Art from so visibly continuing those particular activities, (thanks, asshole trolls!), Dave never mentioned ham radio ever again.  That lifelong fascination of his simply...vanished.  Like Casey the dog.  ;D

When Mike Siegel took over from Art he was constantly bringing up his cats in what I thought was a lame attempt to ingratiate himself with Art's fans. Who knows, he might have been a cat person but I always thought it was shoehorned in. I can imagine Dave doing a similar thing being the uncreative, no talent hack that he is.

jazmunda

Are there CAPS in the Mandarin?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 10, 2015, 02:44:01 PM

Them pictures those folk use must be huge!

lonevoice

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 10, 2015, 02:44:01 PM
That does narrow it down quite a bit, doesn't it? 

MV/Liberace!

Hmmm...maybe they're the ones who are hacking his bellgab account.   ;)

but then they'd be calling themselves fort lock.

paladin1991

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 10, 2015, 06:31:07 AM
So everyone's reached the agreement that Graham Hancock should be on the show asap. Also I'm sure he'd do the same deal he's done with the JRE over the last few years where he'll send you a personalized signed bookplate if you order Magicians of the Gods when it comes out and email him.

He really does show that he appreciates his fans. I have an envelope full of bookplates to show for it.
bookplates, huh?  Ummm, yeah.

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on March 10, 2015, 03:33:27 PM
Plus they'd be eating the scorpion army rather than leading it.

lonevoice

Quote from: MV on March 10, 2015, 03:33:27 PM
Hahaha!   

I once asked an Asian waitress for "sweet n' low" for my coffee.  She brought me a sweet roll.  At first I didn't understand why, and she didn't understand my confusion...so she took it back and brought me another sweet roll.