• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

HK-50

Quote from: ItsOver on March 09, 2015, 08:01:48 PM
Stand by for another ALL CAPS announcement.

Unless the asylum's been locked down for the night.

Pam J

Quote from: Mel(apostrophe)s Hole on March 09, 2015, 08:27:38 PM
One of my fave guests was Wm. Michael Mott, author of Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures: A Study of Subterranean Mysteries in History, Folklore, and Myth.  Great interview. I bought the book and was completely spooked by some of the more recent stories.

I like paranormal folklore. The creepier the better. Mothman, Indrid Cold, MIB, menacing black-eyed kids. Aliens also fit into this genre.

Love a good ghost story and am crestfallen at the systematic dumbing down of unique stories to the ubiquitous "demon did it" scenario. 

Wish John Keel were still here.

I swear to God I did not read this til right this minute!  What the hell are the odds of two people using the word ubiquitous within seconds of each other!!!???  This is a spooky matter indeed!

zeebo

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM
On another subject: Please list your favorite show.

Guess I'm a bit late but had to throw my 2 cents in that I always loved the science/tech shows e.g. cosmology, time travel, physics, nanotech, cryonics, A.I., energy, space missions, etc. ... thus the kinds of guests I loved were Michio Kaku, Seth Shostak, Bart Kosko, etc.   (Sometimes the edge of science can be just as weird/fascinating as more paranormal topics.)

Pam J

Art has plenty of shows to do, that's for sure.

I'd love to just insert this for anyone who never heard of Dead Can Dance... This may have been the only song that got AirPlay in the states:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf00KI2MEGg

The awesome Lisa Gerrard is the female vocalist btw.

Pam J

Calling on Jazz I know you know 😄😛😁😉😚😝

ItsOver

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 08:14:48 PM
Right on!
Where is our Field Marshall, at dinner perhaps?
Today's rat harvest was bountiful.  Yum.

jazmunda

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 08:41:36 PM
Calling on Jazz I know you know 😄😛😁😉😚😝

I know nuthink!

What am I meant to know?

WildCard

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 08:27:36 PM
"What is Art's "secret ingredient?"
Malachi said Art had, "a special charism".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charism

The Islamic/Sufi word for it is barakah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barakah

Pam J

Quote from: WildCard on March 09, 2015, 09:04:14 PM
Malachi said Art had,  "a special charism".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charism

The Islamic/Sufi word for it is barakah.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barakah
I meant in his pizza punch and did you mean charisma?  I'm about to look up charism, so I'm not being a penis, just wondering ☺️

OK they mean the same thing, cool

WildCard

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 09:05:39 PM
I meant in his pizza punch and did you mean charisma?  I'm about to look up charism, so I'm not being a penis, just wondering ☺️

OK they mean the same thing, cool

Oh, my bad. The special ingredient in Pizza Punch is penis.

Pam J

I make a killer I mean K I L L E R sinach & m.r. quiche and I do have a 'secret ingredient' that is otherwise quite common, in fact you can't taste it in that way in my pie < please guys

Anyway, I'll tell you what it is because it's amazing that mixing certain things, giving something that oooph, does not always taste like 'that thing."  Yet in its subtlety, which I swear to God as I was typing the word subtlety, I could hear someone on the tv say the word subtle! makes all the difference.

Anyhow, it is garlic

Pam J

Quote from: WildCard on March 09, 2015, 09:11:39 PM
Oh, my bad. The special ingredient in Pizza Punch is penis.
Really?  Whose?

jimg

Quote from: zeebo on March 09, 2015, 08:32:02 PM
Guess I'm a bit late but had to through my 2 cents in that I always loved the science/tech shows e.g. cosmology, time travel, physics, nanotech, cryonics, A.I., energy, space missions, etc. ... thus the kinds of guests I loved were Michio Kaku, Seth Shostak, Bart Kosko, etc.   (Sometimes the edge of science can be just as weird/fascinating as more paranormal topics.)

Yeah, same here. I think it's actually really a good example of what made the show (and Art) stand out amongst many of his predecessors...how damn smart the shows could be. The wildest thing is to listen back to many of those predictive science based episodes, 15 to 20 years after broadcast and evaluating what had really happened and what has yet to come true...

Was over the moon when Art had mentioned he would be bringing much of that content back with MITD. I feel like we didn't quite get there with Dark Matter.

For a guest...Art should look into Douglas Rushkoff,  a theorist and writer in the field of future technology and it's impact on society and humans in general. GO SCIENCE!

-Nerd

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
One thing to note, most All the good story shows came from open lines. Dave really can't handle open lines and when he takes them it is obvious how far the IQ of those listening has fallen based on what they are being served up. I will get the smarter people back but it will take time serving up something worth listening to

Art

Dave can keep his "Low Information Listeners".

Pam J

Quote from: jimg on March 09, 2015, 09:14:02 PM
The wildest thing is to listen back to many of those predictive science based episodes, 15 to 20 years after broadcast and evaluating what had really happened and what has yet to come true...
Was over the moon when Art had mentioned he would be bringing much of that content back with MITD. I feel like we didn't quite get there with Dark Matter.
For a guest...Art should look into Douglas Rushkoff,  a theorist and writer in the field of future technology and it's impact on society and humans in general. GO SCIENCE!

-Nerd
You know why though.. he never got his bearings.  I just wonder when he really started to prepare for round two.  The music issue didn't seem like it could have been that long ago.  If he put even a tenth of prep in over these last two years of what Dave puts into each night he'll be pimpin' it up a millionth fold this time!

lonevoice

Quote from: Needle woman on March 09, 2015, 08:26:02 PM
A little late but.....I would like art to interview Robert Schoch, PhD, geologist, discuss water erosion of the Sphinx ,
Possible pyramids off Japan's coast
Current head of Egypt's antiquities
Discuss destruction of ancient structures in Mid East, the implications of lost history
Graham Hancock
LMH, Whitley
Secret agent line
Time travel line
area 51 employee
Secret Agent line reminds me of Art's interview with Chuck Barris, who claimed that, while he was hosting The Gong Show and the Newlywed Game, he was really leading a double life as a deep cover CIA assassin.  Good times, good times.

jimg

Yeah, I think alot of us on here like to be challenged as listeners. Or at least, intellectually stimulated..Let the lowbrow have Dave... and his segments about fucking Beanie Babies...good grief...just complete ear-fastfood.

jimg

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
You know why though.. he never got his bearings.  I just wonder when he really started to prepare for round two.  The music issue didn't seem like it could have been that long ago.  If he put even a tenth of prep in over these last two years of what Dave puts into each night he'll be pimpin' it up a millionth fold this time!

Yeah, completely agree. I think given more time there would of course been more of that kind of show. Non the less...still enjoyed all of them. = )

Pam J

I really loved Ed Dames with Art and I'm not sure if what I just said might get me banned, but I loved the remote viewing stuff.  Also agree that anything supernatural, anything scientific; anything geological, biological or mathematical and of course anything cosmological (ban me again> I love him with RIchard C. < Speaking of which whom Bateman did one of the best shows ever with

You know what it is that makes it so damn good!  It's just Art!

Quote from: jimg on March 09, 2015, 09:29:08 PM
still enjoyed all of them. = )

Even the ghostbuster gals?

Pam J

He's the Wizard and we're all Tin Men, Scare Crows, Cowardly Lions and Transvestites just waiting for him to indulge us with intelligence, big hearts, courage and a spectacular haute couture!!!

jimg

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 09, 2015, 09:34:35 PM

Oh, yeah. That one was hilariously good. One of them claimed to be a "future sorceress"! Go read their bios on Dark Matter and imagine them chasing down ghosts in wican moo-moos. Pure Awesome.

In all honesty, I'm down for all of that metaphysical exploration as long as it's grounded in something and Art provides that in spades.

nextgen.fm

Art, tell us a story!

Pam J

Dare I say let not ONE person criticize ONE show he ever puts on again.

We love him to death.  I don't care what anyone really thinks but maybe if it's not a compliment then let's keep it to ourselves 😴😖:x😷

This is actually an order from Colonial Pam!  Pay Attention!

Pam J

MV Do you have a way to change my nic.  I've been enlisted.
Oh yeah on my previous post:  :-X

paladin1991

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 09:44:55 PM
Dare I say let not ONE person criticize ONE show he ever puts on again.

We love him to death.  I don't care what anyone really thinks but maybe if it's not a compliment then let's keep it to ourselves 😴😖:x😷

This is actually an order from Colonial Pam!  Pay Attention!  *swishes riding crop to and fro*
OOOOOOOH.  How butch.  I like it.

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 08:36:50 PM
Art has plenty of shows to do, that's for sure.

I'd love to just insert this for anyone who never heard of Dead Can Dance... This may have been the only song that got AirPlay in the states:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf00KI2MEGg

The awesome Lisa Gerrard is the female vocalist btw.

Good group:  Stephen Hill plays their stuff on Hearts of Space pretty often.

AZ/CO

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 03:36:51 PM
Well we have a Condo in Manila and I guess we have to deal with that and put it in the hands of a broker.

I only dislike Dave for the nasty stuff he has done to me, in reality he is just what he is. Early on they decided he can't handle open lines or technical subjects so they simply stopped them.

The unexpected is what I miss most.

Art

I agree, Art, the unexpected is just great radio listening.  And that's why I enjoy your Open Lines' shows - you just never know who might call in.  Bigfoot might even have a smartphone by now, who knows?

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 09, 2015, 09:34:35 PM

Yes. That was my wife's favorite show of dark matter. ::)

They should get to be on again due to their loyalty to Art. That means something to me.