• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Juan

I like the shows with guests who were characters.  Mel and Madman qualify, and so do Rodney, who captured a spirit in a force field and was afraid to let it go, and Patsy/Harlot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DesertFox on March 09, 2015, 12:54:55 PM
What I hate is Alex Jones type paranoia that the government is out  to kill and imprison us.  I've always been proudest of you Art for not allowing that nonsense on your show...as opposed to Dave.

yes.

HK-50

Quote from: Juan on March 09, 2015, 02:06:30 PM
...Rodney, who captured a spirit in a force field and was afraid to let it go...

That was another good one; can you imagine Dave trying to hold that call together? 

Dave:  "Gosh!  Did you give it some tumeric?"

Rodney  "Lol, what?"

Dave:  "I guess he hung up..."

Danger!UFO

Ghost to Ghost (I purchased some cassette tapes from CTC when Art was still there, my top choice)
Ghost Investigators Society
Crazy 911 calls
911 UFO calls
UFO's
Bigfoot
Linda Moulton Howe
Richard C. Hoagland
Michio Kaku
Interesting and Important Current News Issues
Open Lines and Special Open Lines

and everything else!

SnapT

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 09, 2015, 02:02:43 PM
There is nothing you could do as absurd and insulting to people's intelligence as Ian and his interviews with 'Jason The Horse'.

I loved those shows.

VegasI15

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 09, 2015, 02:02:43 PM
There is nothing you could do as absurd and insulting to people's intelligence as Ian and his interviews with 'Jason The Horse'.

In my opinion that was one of Ian's most interesting shows.  If you believe in reincarnation its not absurd and insulting at all.  For the record I don't but kudos to Ian for pulling off that show.

Art Bell

Most of the stuff like Mel's hole were my favs and it looks like most of you but they took lots of heat. The stuff u don't like is what I do not like as well, Alex Jones and stuff so we are on the same page, I hear you loud and clear

ONeill

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 02:17:53 PM
Most of the stuff like Mel's hole were my favs and it looks like most of you but they took lots of heat. The stuff u don't like is what I do not like as well, Alex Jones and stuff so we are on the same page, I hear you loud and clear

That's just great, listening to Alex Jones babbling that the government is standing between him and his ham sandwich is the worst thing on the Internet.

On the other hand I would love some Jesse Ventura if it's a debate with Anthony Cumia. Mihndh Control!

bellNwhistle

I think right now, with all of the changes in the world- ISIS, planes missing, kids on murderous rampages, etc.. - I miss hearing Art's take on things. So much to catch up on!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM
I did not flash part 2 last night because Dave was on here. Perhaps tonight, shortly after 10PM P.T.

On another subject: Please list your favorite show. That will be very interesting and will help in knowing what direction to go.

Art

Off the top of my head,

Hoagland's claim that those in the know held meetings in the back rooms of Old Navy stores

Captain Crunch and early hacking

The night of the  Phoenix lights incident

Early visits with Richard Sauder re underground bases

Graham Hancock shows

PathoJen

Mel's hole was on U7 this morning. Def one of the best all time guests.

InykRose

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM
On another subject: Please list your favorite show.

Time Traveler and other special lines
Richard C Hoagland
Unscreened Open lines which led to some of the best strange calls
Lost Cities/Ancient Civilizations
UFO's
Prophecy

munbeam666

What I hate is Alex Jones type paranoia that the government is out  to kill and imprison us.  I've always been proudest of you Art for not allowing that nonsense on your show...as opposed to Dave.
Agreed! However, I find Alex Jones a lot more entertaining than Dave

VegasI15

Mel's Hole was a definite classic.  How about Father Malachi Martin?  Too bad he's no longer around.  Shows about religions and cults were always interesting though controversial.

Nick el Ass

Amen.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 02:17:53 PM

I like a lot of others on here listened to the Mel's Hole show last night. Now that was indeed a great show.

PathoJen

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 09, 2015, 02:33:43 PM
Mel's Hole was a definite classic.  How about Father Malachi Martin?  Too bad he's no longer around.  Shows about religions and cults were always interesting though controversial.

Yes and unfortunatly Evelyn Paglini is no longer with us either. I loved the discussions with MM about excorsism, riveting.

basswood

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 09, 2015, 02:28:35 PM
Off the top of my head,

Hoagland's claim that those in the know held meetings in the back rooms of Old Navy stores

What?  :o ;D

Quote from: PathoJen on March 09, 2015, 02:30:04 PM
Mel's hole was on U7 this morning. Def one of the best all time guests.
Was it played on KNYE as well as U7?  ;)

PathoJen

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 09, 2015, 02:38:57 PM
Was it played on KNYE as well as U7?  ;)

Don't know about KNYE but on u7. U7 is back in biz now because they are utilizing an overseas server to broadcast the shows now.

Art Bell

One thing to note, most All the good story shows came from open lines. Dave really can't handle open lines and when he takes them it is obvious how far the IQ of those listening has fallen based on what they are being served up. I will get the smarter people back but it will take time serving up something worth listening to

Art

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
One thing to note, most All the good story shows came from open lines. Dave really can't handle open lines and when he takes them it is obvious how far the IQ of those listening has fallen based on what they are being served up. I will get the smarter people back but it will take time serving up something worth listening to

Art

Art is a master at open lines. He handled all of the calls eloquently. Once Howard stern said Art wasn't fun to call bc he had no reaction to their prank calls.

ks3484

Quote from: Surmo on March 09, 2015, 01:23:56 PM
That takes care of this page!
Quote from: Surmo on March 09, 2015, 01:23:56 PM
That takes care of this page!

Surmo if you counted the words in the post before criticizing my post or others you would have found that my post has 3990 words. The computers that control this forum would not let me post beyond the set limit of 4000. So I had to foreshorten and emasculate the entire list that I wanted to post. The entire list you may add? To which I would respond:The entire list has 16,336 words. I see: you may say. And I would find solace knowing that ignorance is not a healthy refuge. As all courts do agree with: Ignorance of the law is not a defense. So true is the state of life. Sadly one does not know who will put and keep you in a sea of ignorance and confusion opposed to reaching in and helping to bring ashore a poor and  ignorant mortal soul. So I would say good day too you sir, and remember to help educate the ignorant souls that you see are in need of wharfing.

Art,

You could interview drying paint and make it interesting. ;D

PathoJen

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 09, 2015, 02:49:44 PM
Art,

You could interview drying paint and make it interesting. ;D

Exactly.

Art

I am glad you understand this. It is going to take time to build a show from essentially nothing.

HK-50

Art

That was never more apparent than when you had people like Dr. Kaku on.  You'd get Phd candidates and astronomers calling.

pyewacket

Art

You're so right, Art! You take an interest in the subject matter and you know how to talk to people and draw them out. You will attract a smart audience.

Quote from: HK-50 on March 09, 2015, 02:53:27 PM
That was never more apparent than when you had people like Dr. Kaku on.  You'd get Phd candidates and astronomers calling.

Noory gets professionals too. He gets bill the amateur atheist and other professional nut jobs

LW

Art was good at digging up "new" mysteries", now there are other secret bases, underground bases, new mysteries and realms to explore. That is what I am looking forward too.

Area 51?????????  Unless there is something new, give it a rest, along with many other 30 year old mysteries.  Not that those topics aren't interesting but they are no longer cutting edge.

HK-50

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 09, 2015, 02:55:49 PM
Noory gets professionals too. He gets bill the amateur atheist and other professional nut jobs

Not to mention his long-time "science" adviser...  ;)