• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

VegasI15

How about this classic moment from Art?

[attachurl=1]

jazmunda

What in the world ever happened to Art Bell's Pizza Punch?

The product is almost unrecognizable today.

http://artbellspizzapunch.com/

Heather Wade

Dig today's poll, Flmjirgindy pretty much sums it up.   ???

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 09, 2015, 05:01:22 PM
Dig today's poll, Flmjirgindy pretty much sums it up.   ???

I'm on Team Flmjirgindy but I can't help feel sorry for those on poor Team Brgldfebun

#freeBrgldfebun

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 09, 2015, 04:55:51 PM
How about this classic moment from Art?

[attachurl=1]

lol I know what this is without even listening to it.

Mystical order of the declawed gerbil my eye ;)

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
I hope we can make the July date but it could slip because we are waiting for the final paperwork and I do not want to order all this stuff and start building till we have it signed. I have a Wife who wants a trip to the Philippines before I go on air so time is a issue. Phone lines, T1 and a lot more. I guess we have no hard deadline but I am not a patient person.

Glad your eager. Keep working on paperwork issue. I think the details/music are still biggest on obsticle. Can always sort the rest out later.

WOTR

I kind of enjoy any show which looks at things in a light that I had never considered them and challenges people a little.  I actually liked a guest called "doctor dino" enough that I remember the show (probably) a decade and a half after hearing it.  I had never known what a young earth theory was (short of it was a theory that only nutty people would entertain), but I enjoyed listening to the guest make his points (a couple of which were good.)

Have on the odd guest who challenges our perceptions of reality (even if they are in all likelihood full of it...) The occasional hollow earth theorist or man with an endless hole... I would not want it nightly- but it was a niche change back in the day.

Quote from: analog kid on March 09, 2015, 07:36:21 AM
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."  --Aristotle
Thank you for providing me a quote to justify enjoying a show with a believer in the "young earth" without having to feel too guilty.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 09, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
I'm on Team Flmjirgindy but I can't help feel sorry for those on poor Team Brgldfebun

#freeBrgldfebun

Dude, Brgldfebun is utter fubar.  I can't imagine what those poor souls are putting up with to make it through the day. 

*On Art's hatred of DST, I have to agree.  More than a handful of people didn't show up for work today because of it.  They had other excuses, but we all know the real reason is that lost hour.  Way to increase productivity, DST.   ::)

Daggit

I'm liking all the suggestions for Art. It's bringing back some great memories for me. I'm not sure what else I can add to what has already been said. More open lines as that is where the magic happens. More hard science. Less new age stuff.

Can't wait for it Art.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 09, 2015, 05:10:24 PM
Dude, Brgldfebun is utter fubar.  I can't imagine what those poor souls are putting up with to make it through the day. 

I will not rest until Brgldfebun is destroyed.

Danger!UFO

For those who haven't seen it, Nice!

http://artbell.com/

Fan artwork is being posted including one by Bateman.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 09, 2015, 05:29:34 PM
For those who haven't seen it, Nice!

http://artbell.com/

Thank you Danger!UFO, that is so cool of Art.

basswood

Quote from: jazmunda on March 09, 2015, 05:27:44 PM

I just change my vote. I was culturally conditioned to vote Flmjirgindy but I have since discovered that I am actually 1/16th
Brgldfebun (my mother's side) and now will openly embrace my Brgldfebun heritage. Brgldfebun uber alles!

WOTR

I should add "live, as it is breaking" shows.  Where the networks would interview their "reporter" and ask what was happening you took the normal people and made it special because the person was not detached from the situation nor a "professional."

Can you imagine the Japanese tsunami through the words and thoughts of listeners of MITD?

ManiacMatt

Quote from: jazmunda on March 09, 2015, 05:27:44 PM

Well, you'll have to get through me first, you fairy voiced ozzi!  I'm Brgldfebun to the core! 

basswood

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 09, 2015, 05:36:34 PM
Well, you'll have to get through me first, you fairy voiced ozzi!  I'm Brgldfebun to the core!

See you at the meeting. Shh.

WOTR

Wow Jas... Where did your post go?  I found the perfect musical response.
Cher - Half Breed

jazmunda

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 09, 2015, 05:36:34 PM

jerry

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 09, 2015, 04:42:03 PM
It is funny how George tells the pizza roll story.. and comes off looking like a complete idiot, but when Art glued his lips together, it was one of the greatest things I've ever heard.  Must come down to the personality and the presentation.

Anyone remember which show date it was when he glued his lips together?  I don't think many people could have turned that event into an on-air win the way Art did that night.

His telling of when he smoked the wrong end of a cigarette!  Great delivery of that story too. 

Might be wrong but I think that was told at the beginning of the Trumbull County Ohio 911 UFO tapes with Kenny Young.

jazmunda

Quote from: jerry on March 09, 2015, 05:47:49 PM
His telling of when he smoked the wrong end of a cigarette!  Great delivery of that story too. 

The bain of every smoker. It hated it when it was the last cig in the pack too.

Favorite shows:

If he's still around Wayne Green, and his list of "50 books you're crazy if you don't read" updated for 2015 hopefully.
Bonnie Crystal (caves)
That guy with the Chronovisor machine for talking to the dead.

jerry

Quote from: jazmunda on March 09, 2015, 05:52:58 PM
The bain of every smoker. It hated it when it was the last cig in the pack too.

It was already lit... sitting in the ash tray as he worked on a radio... picked it up and took a long draw--wrong end in the lips!  OUCH!!!

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 03:04:57 PM
I hope we can make the July date but it could slip because we are waiting for the final paperwork and I do not want to order all this stuff and start building till we have it signed. I have a Wife who wants a trip to the Philippines before I go on air so time is a issue. Phone lines, T1 and a lot more. I guess we have no hard deadline but I am not a patient person.
I know you don't need permission- but take a trip before starting this.  I think most of us understand that the other (better?) half will make demands and it is best to listen sometimes.

Besides, you can always taunt Dave and say that you dare doing research into your "offshore" studio.  I get the feeling that a completely unplanned studio in the Philippians will spontaneously appear before his planned Hawaiian studio will ever materialize...

FortRock

FROM THE PROPAGANDA MINISTRY OF THE SCORPION ARMY

TO FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL, COMMANDER IN CHIEF SCORPION ARMY

SUBJECT: WE ARE READY TO GO "GREEN" AT ANY TIME

THE FORCES ARE PREPARING A POWERFUL STRIKE AGAINST THE DULL AND DREARY, THE COMPLACENT, THE UNIMAGINATIVE. HAIL SCORPION ARMY CONTENGENTS IN MANILA, YOUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF NEEDS PROTECTION FROM THE NOORY SPYS THAT ARE BEING PAID BY CHINA (OR ARE THEY USING INFERIOR CHINESE MADE STUFF? I'VE LOST TRACK). WE
SEEK ONLY THE FOLLOWING CONSIDERATIONS; THE RETURN OF LINDA MOULTON-HOWE, A MONTHLY SEGMENT WITH GRAHAM HANCOCK (YOU RECIEVED THE MEMO FROM MY OFFICE
ABOUT THE NEW BOOK), A REPLACEMENT FOR WAYNE GREEN FOR THOSE AMAZING RADIO SHOWS THAT ENOURAGED ME TO GET MY HAM LICENCE, AND PLENTY OF OPEN LINES TO DIG FOR THE REAL TRUTH OUT THERE (REMEMBER YOUR DISCOVERY OF SHADOW PEOPLE?). I KNOW THE TROOPS WOULD LIKE TO BUY A "GEORGE NOORY PHOTOGRAPHED IN SWIMMING TRUNKS DART BOARD", BUT I KNOW WHAT THE LAWYERS WOULD SAY, THEY ARE THE KILLJOYS!

jazmunda

Quote from: jerry on March 09, 2015, 06:00:11 PM
It was already lit... sitting in the ash tray as he worked on a radio... picked it up and took a long draw--wrong end in the lips!  OUCH!!!

I thought you were talking about lighting the wrong end. That happened to me all the time. Luckily I never took a drag of a lit cigarette. Ouch indeed.

aldousburbank

Quote from: FortRock on March 09, 2015, 06:02:29 PM
FROM THE PROPAGANDA MINISTRY OF THE SCORPION ARMY

TO FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL, COMMANDER IN CHIEF SCORPION ARMY

SUBJECT: WE ARE READY TO GO "GREEN" AT ANY TIME

THE FORCES ARE PREPARING A POWERFUL STRIKE AGAINST THE DULL AND DREARY, THE COMPLACENT, THE UNIMAGINATIVE. HAIL SCORPION ARMY CONTENGENTS IN MANILA, YOUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF NEEDS PROTECTION FROM THE NOORY SPYS THAT ARE BEING PAID BY CHINA (OR ARE THEY USING INFERIOR CHINESE MADE STUFF? I'VE LOST TRACK). WE
SEEK ONLY THE FOLLOWING CONSIDERATIONS; THE RETURN OF LINDA MOULTON-HOWE, A MONTHLY SEGMENT WITH GRAHAM HANCOCK (YOU RECIEVED THE MEMO FROM MY OFFICE
ABOUT THE NEW BOOK), A REPLACEMENT FOR WAYNE GREEN FOR THOSE AMAZING RADIO SHOWS THAT ENOURAGED ME TO GET MY HAM LICENCE, AND PLENTY OF OPEN LINES TO DIG FOR THE REAL TRUTH OUT THERE (REMEMBER YOUR DISCOVERY OF SHADOW PEOPLE?). I KNOW THE TROOPS WOULD LIKE TO BUY A "GEORGE NOORY PHOTOGRAPHED IN SWIMMING TRUNKS DART BOARD", BUT I KNOW WHAT THE LAWYERS WOULD SAY, THEY ARE THE KILLJOYS!
I don't follow, but I'm drinking tequila so

FortRock

FROM SCORPION ARMY PROPAGANDA CONTROL

TO COLONIAL WOTR 1

SUBJECT: PREPAREDNESS

THE FIELD MARSHALL LIKES TO SURPRISE, JUST HOW READY IS THE HAWAIIAN STUDIO, REALLY?

Pam J

O   M   G
Art Bell
I love you so much I personally don't care what you do!  Interview dry paint and I'll be in heaven.  Just be there because from the time you began to taper off through the announcement that YOU WILL return I have had a huge gaping unhealing hole in my heart that was also exacerbated years ago trying to listen to Dave who transmitted a virus that inflamed my heart to the point of a NDE where I met you out beyond the ozone and you said to me, "Go Back For One Day Shall Return," and I heard you and I listened and I'm here for you and for ANY monthly fee or any interview that you may get negative comments on or any break you need to rest your weary back just make sure you fill a pillowcase with 5 lbs. of uncooked rice and nuke it for 3 minutes, no more, just pull the bag out and shake it up and nuke it again for 30 second intervals until it feels hot enough and then place it behind your lower spine and butt and I think you'll find the chronicity of this condition responds well to the lovely moist heat though alternating with ice cold, soft gel packs can be effective as well.