• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: GolfGuy on March 10, 2015, 07:50:53 AM
That show was a loveable train wreck!  Gene-Gene the dancing machine, unknown comic and the other cast of crazies  ;)

Yes! Gene-Gene the dancing machine and the unknown comic! This is why the tale of Chuck Barris being a deep CIA spy delights me to no end. I so want that to be true.

Surmo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 10, 2015, 08:00:22 AM
I know. You could see his heart wasn't in it. I wonder how it was for him returning, especially without John Belushi. Those early years were madness. It just seemed a touch bittersweet, without some familiar and loved faces around, plus the first cast is now senior status. I think the moment had passed and he knew it. But, he's still an interesting and articulate man.

Agreed.  Aykroyd is a bit of a self-promoter, as are most media types, but a true comedic genius and indeed an interesting and articulate man.   His interest in the paranormal is true and deep, and he would make a fascinating guest with that backdrop combined with his career.  Hell, even his vodka is good, with an interesting glass skull container!

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 09, 2015, 11:59:25 PM
Casey the dog. You know, the one that he pawned off of some old lady.

That's a good memory I forgot about that. Wasn't Dave a big "cat person" as well when he first took over from Art, maybe the cats went away with the dogs  :P

GolfGuy

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 10, 2015, 08:02:16 AM
Yes! Gene-Gene the dancing machine and the unknown comic! This is why the tale of Chuck Barris being a deep CIA spy delights me to no end. I so want that to be true.

Face it, if you were the Soviets back then, how could you even consider Chuck to be a spy!  Perfect cover for him, absolutely brilliant cover  8)

rzr1911

Aykroyd and D.Sereda had the best UFO footage ever in their documentaries.
1. the object that gets shot at from planetside with some high energy weapon and quickly changes speed and heading to evade.
2. video from Space shuttle showing an object move extremely fast, change course and move behind Earth after passing the horizon.
3. the tether stuff.

It's really a shame NASA shut down the non-encrypted videofeed from Space. They probably had some bad excuse like National Security Coverup. Did any official ever explain the incidents listed above? I know they say it's lens-flares or water particles usually, but the first 2 can't be explained by this, and if I remember the tether video correctly, there were balls moving clearly behind the tether.

HorrorRetro

At one point, he was calling this dog, "Diamond the dog." Eventually, that switched over to Casey.

cweb

Quote from: BobGrau on March 10, 2015, 06:50:12 AM
They could have done a really deep satire on today's paranormal 'industry'... an old Akroyd plugging away at the real stuff while gangs of excitable hipsters get paid the big money to party in haunted houses, the original Ghostbusters company bought up and sued out of existence. Murray's character revels in the shallow absurdity of it all but then at the last minute casually saves the world, just for a laugh.
This would have been amazing. To put it over the top, add an Art Bell cameo.

Now I'm going to be sad, thinking of what could have been.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 10, 2015, 09:02:49 AM
That's a good memory I forgot about that. Wasn't Dave a big "cat person" as well when he first took over from Art, maybe the cats went away with the dogs  :P

your avatar... one of the funniest shows ever.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 10, 2015, 09:27:57 AM

It's really a shame NASA shut down the non-encrypted videofeed from Space.

did they really do that?  that is a shame, for sure.  i thought space exploration was supposed to be for all of mankind.  now nasa is just another wing of the military, it seems.  if anyone is curious as to why nasa hasn't captured any imaginations in a generation or two, this is a pretty good area for them to examine.

ItsOver

Yes, that was it.  Thanks, Nick, Morgus, et al.  I seem to remember some caller asking what happened to good 'ol Casey and Jorch said he had to dump the dog on some old lady in St. Louis due to his excruciating travel schedule.  Maybe for visiting his imaginary studio in Hawaii or setting-up for his imaginary TV show in Colorado or back-and-forth trips between St. Louie and LA for his imaginary riveting radio show. 

I'm sure the disappearance of Purina as a C2C show sponsor at the same time as Casey, AKA "Diamond the Dog," was just a coincidence.  Oh, wait.....

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 10, 2015, 09:02:49 AM

The cats went away once his dog started talking to him, and telling him to do bad things. It is kind of like David Berkowitz being the son of Sam... but Dave Noorie is the son of Casey.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 10, 2015, 10:05:41 AM
The cats went away once his dog started talking to him, and telling him to do bad things. It is kind of like David Berkowitz being the son of Sam... but Dave Noorie is the son of Casey.
Dave Noorie, son of Casey, stomped hamsters, and one slammed turtle.

ponyboysunset

I am so late to the party, but....favorite shows were the open line shows with special lines. No one does open lines like you, Art!

I mean I think a lot of us out here just miss those whacked out folks who would call up.

BTW, where have all the weirdos gone? Seems like there weren't as many when you were on Sirius. Maybe they are all broke?

And attention weridos, I hope you'll call on a nightly basis. That is all!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ItsOver on March 10, 2015, 10:11:44 AM

The sickest always start out that way. The awkward retelling of Dave's turtle killing days to a lady into the mating habits of animals was something to behold.

rzr1911

Quote from: MV on March 10, 2015, 10:01:18 AM
did they really do that?  that is a shame, for sure.  i thought space exploration was supposed to be for all of mankind.  now nasa is just another wing of the military, it seems.  if anyone is curious as to why nasa hasn't captured any imaginations in a generation or two, this is a pretty good area for them to examine.
Actually, I'm not sure. I thought I had heard they shut it down after the UFO footage, but then I just found live footage right now. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
What could be is that they encrypted the feed from the satellite, so the average Joe can't record it directly with an antenna, and now they chose to provide themselves on their favorite platform.

Quote from: MV on March 10, 2015, 09:56:05 AM
your avatar... one of the funniest shows ever.

The Best Moment in The Entirety of Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Ah, I used to wake up extra early on Monday mornings to watch reruns of Space Ghost Coast to Coast and Freakazoid. Best programming block ever.

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 10, 2015, 09:27:57 AM
Aykroyd and D.Sereda had the best UFO footage ever in their documentaries.
1. the object that gets shot at from planetside with some high energy weapon and quickly changes speed and heading to evade.
2. video from Space shuttle showing an object move extremely fast, change course and move behind Earth after passing the horizon.
3. the tether stuff.

I like Sereda's documentaries a lot. Things can move fast or appear to be moving fast, but changing course on a dime is something else entirely. It's a huge question why NASA actually shut down those non-encrypted feeds, if they did.

Along these lines, Tobias McGriff and James Fox are also good interviews. I'd love to hear a return on the new show.

albrecht

Quote from: Needle woman on March 10, 2015, 07:41:10 AM
Art, how about a show on the recently found " lost city of Honduras"?
Seconded. Norry covered this for few minutes and quickly cut to a CARNIVORA commercial and then some lame guest. Instead of making a whole show out of fascinating topic. A found LOST CITY of many legends and glossed over so quickly. Shows how bad C2C is now. I hope Art does a show on this.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on March 10, 2015, 10:11:44 AM

And a few dead squirrels under his bed.

bound4bristol

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 10, 2015, 10:47:23 AM

and one more... lovingly boot-blacked and slapped on top of his head

it's so natural looking though

FortRock

I have not been here for around, let's see, about 3 or 4 years now. I'm the guy who has his photo you see. Could I ask, does anyone know this "other" FortRock that is coming in under MY name? This organization he's promoting called the Scorpion Army, what's that? Has Art created his own version of the Salvation Army or something? I'm a former Substitute Teacher, who likes to have a fairly conservative reputation, and this other FortRock is blasting from the hip all of the time. What are employers going to think? And why is he referring to J.C.? I thought he was some fake character like the Tooth Fairy or something. All I want to do is hear Art's new show, discuss some Bigfoot, or UFO's, and get excited about Paranormal Radio again! Well I don't have the time to go any further into my grievances with this other FortRock! I will check back in and see what he has to say for himself! Thank you all, I had a friend stop by here to browse, and told me of this other FortRock. Have fun all!

Eddie Coyle

No CAPS means it's a different person!

http://youtu.be/LJtUBGC2KOg

And lets not forget the preying mantis on a thread leash.  ::)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 10, 2015, 10:59:36 AM
   No CAPS means it's a different person!

http://youtu.be/LJtUBGC2KOg

...or a different personality.

spellerine

I'll contribute some of my favorite shows:

Open Lines.....always will be my favorite.  Can never get enough open lines.
Anything to do with Time Travel....Madman Markum, Philadelphia Experiment, etc.
Graham Hancock/Ancient Mysteries/Shamanism
Monroe Institute, Out of Body Experiences, Lucid Dreaming

A topic I would enjoy hearing Art cover is the Back To Basics / Living off the Grid movement.  Also would love to hear a show on the Seth material / Jane Roberts.

Nick el Ass

Not to mention the thing under his nose he calls a stache.

Quote from: FortRock on March 10, 2015, 10:53:48 AM
I have not been here for around, let's see, about 3 or 4 years now. I'm the guy who has his photo you see. Could I ask, does anyone know this "other" FortRock that is coming in under MY name? This organization he's promoting called the Scorpion Army, what's that? Has Art created his own version of the Salvation Army or something? I'm a former Substitute Teacher, who likes to have a fairly conservative reputation, and this other FortRock is blasting from the hip all of the time. What are employers going to think? And why is he referring to J.C.? I thought he was some fake character like the Tooth Fairy or something. All I want to do is hear Art's new show, discuss some Bigfoot, or UFO's, and get excited about Paranormal Radio again! Well I don't have the time to go any further into my grievances with this other FortRock! I will check back in and see what he has to say for himself! Thank you all, I had a friend stop by here to browse, and told me of this other FortRock. Have fun all!
Okay..

SnapT

Quote from: FortRock on March 10, 2015, 10:53:48 AM
This reminds me of when Latka Gravas turned into Vic Ferrari.

VegasI15

Do we have a resident Bellgab psychiatrist on board?  Fortrock may have split personality disorder.  Perhaps even tri personality disorder.  I think fort may be JC as well.