• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: ItsOver on March 09, 2015, 11:50:07 PM
Ha!  I can never remember the name of his imaginary dog.  Ralph?  Morgus may have to chime in on it.  As I recall, Dave claimed he had to give up Ralph, Fido, Jorchieo, whatever, to a friend, who was no doubt imaginary, as well.

I think he named it after his aunt Faruga.  I think that's her name.  I can't remember her last name.  Maybe Ballchak or batshit.

jazmunda

Art I thought you might enjoy this about Daylight Savings Time.

http://youtu.be/br0NW9ufUUw

Nick el Ass

Ha!  I can never remember the name of his imaginary dog.  Ralph?  Morgus may have to chime in on it.  As I recall, Dave claimed he had to give up Ralph, Fido, Jorchieo, whatever, to a friend, who was no doubt imaginary, as well.

Casey the dog. You know, the one that he pawned off of some old lady.

HK-50

Quote from: ItsOver on March 09, 2015, 11:55:41 PM
Yah, it can't be a coincidence.  I've heard they don't exist.

They do, but only in portals.

SnapT

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 09, 2015, 11:59:25 PM
Named after Noory's favorite person in the world, Casey the man...

Disheartened

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 09, 2015, 11:59:25 PM

It was a dog food marketing campaign at the time. A local radio host did it too. The only difference is the local guy really had a dog. A couple of years later he admitted he never fed his dog, dog food.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: SnapT on March 10, 2015, 12:09:36 AM

My guess is Casey the man was treated just as poorly as Casey the dog was by Dave in the end.

Gd5150

Quote from: SnapT on March 10, 2015, 12:09:36 AM

His best contribution no doubt was:

[attachimg=1]

I,I wood agreet.Good pointe.
Quote from: jazmunda on March 09, 2015, 11:58:44 PM
Art I thought you might enjoy this about Daylight Savings Time.

http://youtu.be/br0NW9ufUUw

And now, this simple exorcism.....

Oh where are thee, ye mighty Crisco & axle greased head of follicles, hairy caterpillar lipped, forked tongue devil, be-fouler of all logical and interactive conversation??
I summon ye to this slightly loveable forum, and expose thy evil plans which thou wouldst see brought forth upon our patron of good!
Rise ye forked tongue devil an make thy presence known!!!!! Or forever hide under the rocks that thee slithers beneath.
Go forth and removeth thy digit from the F5 key! BE GONE!!!!

ONeill

Quote from: bateman on March 09, 2015, 04:33:57 PM
One of my favorite Jesse Ventura mockery bits. Anthony's impression is spot-on.

http://youtu.be/B9P-yETeTng

And how could we forget this gem? You really need to see it to get the full effect. "You and your stupid Riff Raff from Rocky Horror hairdo."  ;D

http://youtu.be/mvKgj_EjUDw

This Manhattan UFO is somewhere in the last part of the compilation;)

Morgus

Actually Noory's (imaginary?) dog he used to do Purina commercials when they were a c2cam sponsor years ago, was called "Casey"
But "Casey" mysteriously disappeared when Purina stopped being a sponsor for Noory...

Pam J

Quote from: Morgus on March 10, 2015, 01:27:29 AM
Actually Noory's (imaginary?) dog he used to do Purina commercials when they were a c2cam sponsor years ago, was called "Casey"
But "Casey" mysteriously disappeared when Purina stopped being a sponsor for Noory...
You are correct and amazing!  As always.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Morgus on March 10, 2015, 01:27:29 AM

I wonder why they stopped advertising

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nextgen.fm on March 10, 2015, 01:38:16 AM
I wonder why they stopped advertising

They found out Dave left his invisible dog out on it's chain for days with no food, or water... and it died. The story about giving it to a lonely old lady was a cover up.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on March 09, 2015, 10:40:39 PM
This movie is going to suck, suck, suck.

I really don't have high hopes for it. Has nothing to do with the fact that it's all women cast. It's just the writing on the original movie was so good, it was unbelievably good, I don't believe there is anyone in Hollywood capable of writing a script that funny right now.

Pam J

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 10, 2015, 02:36:05 AM
I really don't have high hopes for it. Has nothing to do with the fact that it's all women cast. It's just the writing on the original movie was so good, it was unbelievably good, I don't believe there is anyone in Hollywood capable of writing a script that funny right now.
It's gonna suck and tarnish.

Saucy should I move or delete that long post please tell me before I cant 😉

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Pam J on March 10, 2015, 02:41:16 AM
It's gonna suck and tarnish.

Saucy should I move or delete that long post please tell me before I cant 😉

Let it stay.....Dixie butcher is a familiar name, I think Dixie ran fantastic forum but I could be wrong

wr250

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 09, 2015, 08:15:20 PM
I don't see anything.. so I'm guessing I need some sort of browser plugin.
no your font doesnt have that character.

Quote from: lonevoice on March 09, 2015, 09:20:57 PM
Secret Agent line reminds me of Art's interview with Chuck Barris, who claimed that, while he was hosting The Gong Show and the Newlywed Game, he was really leading a double life as a deep cover CIA assassin.  Good times, good times.

That was wild! I remember the Gong Show and how crazy he was, so when Barris showed up with his claims, it blew my mind. Good times indeed. That was classic Art, the stuff you'd never dream up in a million years, true or false.

Lunger

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM
I did not flash part 2 last night because Dave was on here. Perhaps tonight, shortly after 10PM P.T.

On another subject: Please list your favorite show. That will be very interesting and will help in knowing what direction to go.

Art
I always enjoy shows that move along the lines of lost cultures or lost cities.  We haven't really heard a lot about the underwater city that lays off of Cuba, Gobekli Tepi, or the Bosnian Pyramid.  There is certainly no dearth of material or supposition, and even if the information is more out there than rational its still fun to listen to.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Lunger on March 10, 2015, 06:01:24 AM
I always enjoy shows that move along the lines of lost cultures or lost cities.  We haven't really heard a lot about the underwater city that lays off of Cuba, Gobekli Tepi, or the Bosnian Pyramid.

So everyone's reached the agreement that Graham Hancock should be on the show asap. Also I'm sure he'd do the same deal he's done with the JRE over the last few years where he'll send you a personalized signed bookplate if you order Magicians of the Gods when it comes out and email him.

He really does show that he appreciates his fans. I have an envelope full of bookplates to show for it.

cweb

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 10, 2015, 02:36:05 AM
Nope. Akroyd and Ramis were in their prime when they put together Ghostbusters. For this new one, look forward to winking references to the old movies surrounded by humor catering to the dumbest among us.

I don't mind stupid comedy. But when I can guess the punchline to every joke it gets pretty old, ya know?

Speaking of Ackroyd, I hope Art interviews him. He's got a lot of interesting insights into the UFO phenomenon, plus his family's interest in spiritualism, not necessarily my cup of tea, but makes for a good evening's conversation.

BobGrau

Quote from: cweb on March 10, 2015, 06:42:02 AM
Nope. Akroyd and Ramis were in their prime when they put together Ghostbusters. For this new one, look forward to winking references to the old movies surrounded by humor catering to the dumbest among us.

I don't mind stupid comedy. But when I can guess the punchline to every joke it gets pretty old, ya know?

They could have done a really deep satire on today's paranormal 'industry'... an old Akroyd plugging away at the real stuff while gangs of excitable hipsters get paid the big money to party in haunted houses, the original Ghostbusters company bought up and sued out of existence. Murray's character revels in the shallow absurdity of it all but then at the last minute casually saves the world, just for a laugh.

Needle woman

Art, how about a show on the recently found " lost city of Honduras"?

GolfGuy

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 10, 2015, 06:00:05 AM
That was wild! I remember the Gong Show and how crazy he was, so when Barris showed up with his claims, it blew my mind. Good times indeed. That was classic Art, the stuff you'd never dream up in a million years, true or false.

That show was a loveable train wreck!  Gene-Gene the dancing machine, unknown comic and the other cast of crazies  ;)

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 10, 2015, 06:49:29 AM
Speaking of Ackroyd, I hope Art interviews him. He's got a lot of interesting insights into the UFO phenomenon, plus his family's interest in spiritualism, not necessarily my cup of tea, but makes for a good evening's conversation.

I agree with you on this.
Though when I saw Ackroyd be forced to re-do his role of the fish-blending salesman on the SNL 40th anniversary show I was sad for him.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 10, 2015, 07:54:20 AM
I agree with you on this.
Though when I saw Ackroyd be forced to re-do his role of the fish-blending salesman on the SNL 40th anniversary show I was sad for him.

I know. You could see his heart wasn't in it. I wonder how it was for him returning, especially without John Belushi. Those early years were madness. It just seemed a touch bittersweet, without some familiar and loved faces around, plus the first cast is now senior status. I think the moment had passed and he knew it. But, he's still an interesting and articulate man.