• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

TheErinnF YouTube Star

Started by deviant aristocrat, April 15, 2019, 10:26:44 AM

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 19, 2019, 12:59:37 PM
My id's working fine, as you'll soon find out if you keep this shit up.

Soulless lap dog, your reptilian masters had in mind less a sceptered jewel for you than a musty old scabbard.

QuoteTrust you to believe that drivel about the rubbish bins.

https://www.engadget.com/2006/08/28/rfid-bugs-found-in-the-bottom-of-british-wheelie-bins/
There's been a bruhaha a brewin' in Britain concerning electronic bugs found on the bottom of curbside garbage bins, or to use the British lingo, wheelie bins. Apparently without the citizenry's knowledge, two German companies, including Sulo and Deister Electronic, are mostly responsible for installing these bugs in cities north of London.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_bug

SredniVashtar

Quote from: AZRAA on July 19, 2019, 02:24:26 PM
Soulless lap dog, your reptilian masters had in mind less a sceptered jewel....zzzzzz

It's a jewelled sceptre, ducks. Go and have a nice lie down.

AZZERAE

Is that what paki dogs do at their masters' feet?

SredniVashtar

I don't know if MV cares but I'll leave this here anyway. The banned lunatic Metron is using Azzerae/AZRAA'S login to come on and stir up shit. They tried it at the other place and got caught.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 19, 2019, 03:29:22 PM
I don't know if MV cares but I'll leave this here anyway. The banned lunatic Metron is using Azzerae/AZRAA'S login to come on and stir up shit. They tried it at the other place and got caught.

Interesting.  That would make this

Quote from: AZRAA on July 16, 2019, 12:36:53 PM
The Bellgab Enigma machine code monkeys

Metron2267  - Banished for enthusiastically vivisecting one too many sacred dogmas - iconoclast with a relish tray. Purveyor of reticulated earwigs and assorted brain teasers.

a self-portrait of sorts.

I always thought Metron might be Ciardelo of Heather-at-the-handle:  same posture, confronting the general focus of the forum with the enthusiasm of a true contrarian.  Though he lacked the latter's sly sense of self-mockery, now that I think about it.

I think you have to maintain a vague sense of discomfort in a place or people start talking about their back surgeries.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 06:25:55 PM
Interesting.  That would make this

a self-portrait of sorts.

I always thought Metron might be Ciardelo of Heather-at-the-handle:  same posture, confronting the general focus of the forum with the enthusiasm of a true contrarian.  Though he lacked the latter's sly sense of self-mockery, now that I think about it.

I think you have to maintain a vague sense of discomfort in a place or people start talking about their back surgeries.

I always enjoyed Ciardelo- and I did like Metron.  As you say, there needs to be a certain sense of discomfort- or I am going to subject you to my stories of hemorrhoid symptoms and talk of syphilis in order to cause my own brand of discomfort...

*For some reason, I had thought that Metron had self-banished himself.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 09:06:08 AM
I have made some bold and vigorous, barely supportable assertions in the baking thread hoping to inspire a good, old-fashioned donnybrook -- which country makes the best almond tarts was but the latest example -- but the Sunday-morning calm of Bellgab remained unbroken.

Almond tarts? Who the hell cares? Challenge the supremacy of Canadian butter tarts, and it's on!

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 19, 2019, 10:41:55 PM
Almond tarts? Who the hell cares? Challenge the supremacy of Canadian butter tarts, and it's on!

Oh we are going to have a war!  A butter tart is what happens when you have absolutely nothing in the pantry to make a proper tart on.  It is pecan pie without the pecans, frangipane without the almonds, and treacle tart without the treacle.  Only the rigors of a vast, unsupplied frontier could have produced such a paean to deprivation and want, and convinced people it was good.

In fairness, I will note that the only pastries that are more uninspired are Norwegian sandbakkels, which are like tarts without any filling at all:

No, folks, nothing is missing.  I blush with shame every time I make them -- they are a national disgrace.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 19, 2019, 11:06:55 PM
Oh we are going to have a war!  A butter tart is what happens when you have absolutely nothing in the pantry to make a proper tart on.  It is pecan pie without the pecans, frangipane without the almonds, and treacle tart without the treacle.  Only the rigors of a vast, unsupplied frontier could have produced such a paean to deprivation and want, and convinced people it was good.

In fairness, I will note that the only pastries that are more uninspired are Norwegian sandbakkels, which are like tarts without any filling at all:

No, folks, nothing is missing.  I blush with shame every time I make them -- they are a national disgrace.

I apologize, sir. I had mistaken you for a man of taste and breeding. Instead I discover a man lacking taste and willing to accept second rate fare rather than searching out superior tarts.

Fresh churned butter... And precious raisins. Is it the raisins that you object to as being too cultured- too "exotic" for your simple tastes that you would rather purchase sliced almonds (likely rancid from their time on the shelves) and include them in your baking? Quite frankly, if you wish to indulge in almonds it should be in the form Marzipan or German Stollen.

Almond tarts.  ::)

That I should even lower myself to debate our national tart and compare it with an almond tart is a travesty, and only reinforces the stereotype of Americans being unsophisticated and lacking taste. What do I expect from a man birthed in a country that gave us McDonalds?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on July 19, 2019, 10:30:46 PM
I always enjoyed Ciardelo- and I did like Metron.  As you say, there needs to be a certain sense of discomfort- or I am going to subject you to my stories of hemorrhoid symptoms and talk of syphilis in order to cause my own brand of discomfort...

*For some reason, I had thought that Metron had self-banished himself.

Metron, Azz are both TheONE.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 20, 2019, 12:16:48 AM
I apologize, sir. I had mistaken you for a man of taste and breeding. Instead I discover a man lacking taste and willing to accept second rate fare rather than searching out superior tarts.

Fresh churned butter... And precious raisins. Is it the raisins that you object to as being too cultured- too "exotic" for your simple tastes that you would rather purchase sliced almonds (likely rancid from their time on the shelves) and include them in your baking? Quite frankly, if you wish to indulge in almonds it should be in the form Marzipan or German Stollen.

Almond tarts.  ::)

That I should even lower myself to debate our national tart and compare it with an almond tart is a travesty, and only reinforces the stereotype of Americans being unsophisticated and lacking taste. What do I expect from a man birthed in a country that gave us McDonalds?

Oh you are a raisin man, eh?  Well I will tell you that the flimsy fig-leaf of a few fossilized foreign fruits will not camouflage the fact that your national tart is a tart bereft of all the natural bounty that is usually summoned by the word.  The filling is fraudulent.  In a land rich with strange and wonderful berries (saskatoons, gooseberries, buffalo berries, forsooth!) it is strange that one of these did not make it in, which I can only attribute to the slavish aping of your English cousins whose puerile and unseemly tastes run to the sickly sweet, sticky, gooey, and naughty and who have the teeth to prove it.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 20, 2019, 07:22:22 AM

I've always operated under the assumption that there were only three guys on the board.  The enigmatic, indifferent MV, myself and theONE.   

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 20, 2019, 09:52:28 AM
I've always operated under the assumption that there were only three guys on the board.  The enigmatic, indifferent MV, myself and theONE.
There appear to be whole threads in which various versions of the same person are debating/insulting themselves. But it is too hard for me to figure out who, or if, the various avatar/name changes happen. And I don't really care. What ever happened to "I Am The Light" glowing eyes guy, I think Karl? Is he here under some other guise?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 20, 2019, 07:22:22 AM

That is a rather bravura handling of multiple distinct personae if that's the case.  They all end up in the same place eventually but, to begin with, they are unique and fun.  I wonder if he whiteboards them.  It may be old hat to you guys but I am new to forumming and I am impressed.

One of the implications of mask theory is that everyone has multiple personae that vary with circumstances and that no persona can be said to be any more real than any other, so the online ones we adopt are really us.  So, no, you're not a troll; you're just a dick.

Not you, Doc; just speaking generally.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 20, 2019, 09:52:28 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 10:05:05 AM
That is a rather bravura handling of multiple distinct personae if that's the case.  They all end up in the same place eventually but, to begin with, they are unique and fun.  I wonder if he whiteboards them.  It may be old hat to you guys but I am new to forumming and I am impressed.

One of the implications of mask theory is that everyone has multiple personae that vary with circumstances and that no persona can be said to be any more real than any other, so the online ones we adopt are really us.  So, no, you're not a troll; you're just a dick.

Not you, Doc; just speaking generally.

There isn't the slightest reason for thinking those three are one and the same person but Richie is constantly telling people that they are somebody else. I lost count of the number of times he 'brilliantly' exposed another alias as Rosegirl or Yorkie. He's done so many bong hits by now it's a wonder the dumb bastard can even get his trousers on the right way round, let alone anything else.

Lilith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAbmhEZLncc

I am really enjoying the conversation happening in this thread!  Believe me, I HATE to interrupt it with these Erinn YouTube updates, but I felt it was important to share that I actually missed this Erinn LIVE.

Does that mean anything important?

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 20, 2019, 10:34:21 AM
There isn't the slightest reason for thinking those three are one and the same person but Richie is constantly telling people that they are somebody else. I lost count of the number of times he 'brilliantly' exposed another alias as Rosegirl or Yorkie. He's done so many bong hits by now it's a wonder the dumb bastard can even get his trousers on the right way round, let alone anything else.

Didn't TheONE take an unusual interest in American politics after a while like Azz or am I misremembering?

Actually, I'm not sure I want to know; I kind of liked talking to a real Mongolian yak herder while he sipped his butter tea in a yurt.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on July 20, 2019, 11:21:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAbmhEZLncc

I am really enjoying the conversation happening in this thread!  Believe me, I HATE to interrupt it with these Erinn YouTube updates, but I felt it was important to share that I actually missed this Erinn LIVE.

Does that mean anything important?

I'd say it means you want someone to start a General Mudslinging of KDubb and Shreddie thread, dear.  I'd do it myself but the sheer hubris of such an act is staggering, even to one so given to grandiosity.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 11:34:31 AM
Didn't TheONE take an unusual interest in American politics after a while like Azz or am I misremembering?

Actually, I'm not sure I want to know; I kind of liked talking to a real Mongolian yak herder while he sipped his butter tea in a yurt.

Azz has PM'd me a few times, I am pretty sure he isn't theONE, who emerged around the time Heather was melting down. I think he's (the) one of those people that gets kicked off a lot of forums and has to keep finding other venues. Metron is some batty old fossil who doesn't sound like they get out very much.

SredniVashtar

Butter tea is found in Tibet anyway. Mongolians like koumis, or fermented mare's milk.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 20, 2019, 11:45:19 AM
Azz has PM'd me a few times, I am pretty sure he isn't theONE, who emerged around the time Heather was melting down. I think he's (the) one of those people that gets kicked off a lot of forums and has to keep finding other venues. Metron is some batty old fossil who doesn't sound like they get out very much.

Well you know I have a soft spot for batty old fossils, sweetie.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 11:49:59 AM
Well you know I have a soft spot for batty old fossils, sweetie.

Poor brig, sounds like a sonnet might be incoming.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 20, 2019, 12:15:28 PM
Poor brig, sounds like a sonnet might be incoming.

;D  Good lord she does deserve one, doesn't she, for all her labors?  Anyway I'm stuck on yours; that Elizabethan-style encoding is tricky and if it is too subtle you will blunder right past.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 12:22:46 PM
she does deserve one, doesn't she, for all her labors?

I'll allow it.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 12:22:46 PM
;D  Good lord she does deserve one, doesn't she, for all her labors?  Anyway I'm stuck on yours; that Elizabethan-style encoding is tricky and if it is too subtle you will blunder right past.

I could obviate that by not reading the beastly thing in the first place.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 20, 2019, 12:32:30 PM
I could obviate that by not reading the beastly thing in the first place.

And fail to credit the depths of my ardor?  You are inhuman!

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2019, 09:55:40 AM
What ever happened to "I Am The Light" glowing eyes guy, I think Karl? Is he here under some other guise?

I believe he has returned, but has abandoned that name. Really just a hunch.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 20, 2019, 11:42:34 AM
I'd say it means you want someone to start a General Mudslinging of KDubb and Shreddie thread, dear.  I'd do it myself but the sheer hubris of such an act is staggering, even to one so given to grandiosity.

I admit, I'd read it religiously.