• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 29, 2015, 10:22:22 PM
Shouldn't we be more worried about Pakistan and their nukes?

Yes, but maybe for a different reason that you intended.  The worry to me isn't the use of nukes by military professionals, regardless of their nationality, but rather having the control of nukes being taken over by terrorists.  If the Pakistani government/military is ever overthrown, that's the concern.

Mild Bill

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:25:08 PM
I was in the USAF for 8 years. Several times while at HQ SAQ I was trapped in the underground when they closed the blast doors due to false alarms in the WWMCCS. Pretty unsettling at the time.

I was at Awful AFB, Oh my God, Nebraska. Remember Buckskin Riders?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: norland2424 on September 29, 2015, 10:30:17 PM

Pfft.  what's this supposed to be?  He's pissed because he has to start all over again and he'd rather be at the beach relaxing?

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:30:00 PM
lol i havent bought a sports game in years..i get bored of them too easily

That's all I play and it's rare when I do.

maren

Quote from: littlechris on September 29, 2015, 10:20:51 PM
Geez, the Russians have a nuclear missle called "satan".   :o  :o

That's appropriate since I pretty much view Putin as the Anti-Christ.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:26:45 PM
The reason that there are more nukes than the world needs to kill itself is because of...

Wait for it...

MONEY.

More specifically, the military-industrial complex as it existed under the REAGAN ADMINISTRATION.  As long as there was more money to be made for him and his friends, Reagan kept ordering the nukes.  And the Soviets responded in kind.

Don't let phony "historians" rewrite history.  Ronald Reagan is one of the biggest reasons the world is covered in nuclear weapons the way it is.
You know nothing about the number of warheads we had before Reagan including the nuclear artillery shells we had in Europe.

Rocky4228

Are we sure that Leo Ashcraft isn't an automated program that doesn't understand the nuance of pronunciation?

littlechris

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 29, 2015, 10:30:38 PM
Yes, but maybe for a different reason that you intended.  The worry to me isn't the use of nukes by military professionals, regardless of their nationality, but rather having the control of nukes being taken over by terrorists.  If the Pakistani government/military is ever overthrown, that's the concern.

^^^THIS^^^^^

ShayP

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:31:36 PM
Pfft.  what's this supposed to be?  He's pissed because he has to start all over again and he'd rather be at the beach relaxing?

Baaaahahahahahaha!  ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:26:45 PM
The reason that there are more nukes than the world needs to kill itself is because of...

Wait for it...

MONEY.

More specifically, the military-industrial complex as it existed under the REAGAN ADMINISTRATION.  As long as there was more money to be made for him and his friends, Reagan kept ordering the nukes.  And the Soviets responded in kind.

Don't let phony "historians" rewrite history.  Ronald Reagan is one of the biggest reasons the world is covered in nuclear weapons the way it is.

Incorrect. That was all on the soviets.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ZombieCupKake on September 29, 2015, 10:28:49 PM
can I get directions to someones privately owned nike silo? thanks!

C2C and MITD favorite Peter Davenport lives in one.

Donald Noory

Yeah that's what I'm worried about the terrorists taking over the government.

norland2424

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:31:36 PM

hes pissed satan has a better nuke picture  ;)

Rocky4228

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:32:09 PM
That's all I play and it's rare when I do.
I regularly play MLB The Show 13 during this show.

GravitySucks

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
You know nothing about the number of warheads we had before Reagan including the nuclear artillery shells we had in Europe.
ALL of the Titan and Minuteman missiles were in their silos before Reagan became president.

Wednesday

They test a siren every Tuesday at noon in San Francisco. You can hear it across the whole east side of the city, and sometimes even further west of downtown. Check it out: https://youtu.be/h3u0_PYpC38

Barfly

Quote from: maren on September 29, 2015, 10:32:21 PM
That's appropriate since I pretty much view Putin as the Anti-Christ.
Its either Putin or Keith Richards

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:30:00 PM
lol i havent bought a sports game in years..i get bored of them too easily

I may play a little Fallout New Vegas after the show.  Work on my post-nuke strategies.

JamesMcDonald

Exactly.  All of you who are worried about "rogue" nations don't understand the problem.  The problem is the so-called "powerful" nations designed and manufactured the nuclear warheads to stand off against each other, and in doing so they created weapons which later on might end up in the hands of people who didn't have their self control.  Don't blame the terrorists for wanting the same weapons our own dumbass politicians and warhawks created themselves.

Same thing as a parent who owns a gun collection and doesn't lock it down enough to prevent their kids from getting into the collection and shooting someone.  You own the weapons, you take the responsibility.  Tough shit.

zeebo

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 29, 2015, 10:34:36 PM
Can someone replace this face with Richard's face?

Yes yes, someone do this, but you must keep the tear.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

And you know nothing about what Reagan did in RAMPING UP THE nuclear weapons in the U.S. during his presidency.