• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

Mild Bill

Quote from: norland2424 on September 29, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
i thought he was stationed in japan?

He mentioned at the start of the show that he was at Amarillo AFB for a while.

DangerDog

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 10:50:15 PM
Please hold the ceremony soon - no Stalin.

What? Stalin has to be there? He's dead. Been dead for a while.

littlechris

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:50:11 PM
not sure either..its not like Art needed to bring it to our attention that Nuclear War isnt good for the human race

I think because like Art said at the beginnning of the show, we are once again in another cold war with Russia. So it's sort of relevant I think. Also there is a now a race for the nuclear bomb amongst middle east nations now that Iran has been given the green light. Scary.

eddie dean

The first show I've been able to listen to live in over a week and it's a  semi political show.
Ugh. I'm sure it will be great,  but I don't want to be freaked the hell out about nukes right now.
When Paul Williams came on in 2005-2006 to talk about suit case nukes hidden in 15 major cities, it really scared the crap out of me & I started 'prepping' as a result.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 29, 2015, 10:50:25 PM
The US nuclear arsenal contracted through the 1980's. In 1980 it was 23,368. By 1985 21,392, by 1990 10,904. The soviets however increased exponentially right up until 1988. The article is intentionally skewing the situation as it was. Reagan did modernize the arsenal, but there was no net increase in warheads on our side. The blame lays squarely on the soviets.

"The blame lays squarely on the soviets."

Spoken like a true brainwashed American.  I'm guessing you also bought the Bush Admin's 9/11 story as well?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:52:51 PM
And Reagan started the START talks which were eventually completed under Bush 41. That did away with a bunch of tactical nukes.

Yes, and the numbers of warheads in the world continues to decrease. I'm not really worried about nuclear war on a large scale, more worried about a one off if NK or Pakistan destabilizes.

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 10:52:55 PM
With the right wine pairing it's almost relaxing.

especially when there is a light breeze...

bateman

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:51:03 PM
I want to hear more carnage.  I want him to describe how we all would die horribly.

"What about the children? Will they die the worst deaths?"

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 10:54:38 PM
Don't worry, India & Pakistan are on good terms.

Nice hats, not as nice as the popes but still kinda sweet

AppealPlay

I saw an elaborate ceremony with those fellas on one of Jim Shockey's shows.  It was well choreographed.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:51:25 PM
You want quotes?

"his nuclear policy rhetoric and actions, both prior to and during his first term in office, might well have banished all life from earth instead."

Ronald Reagan said "the day of Armageddon isn't far off. ... Ezekiel says that fire and brimstone will be rained down upon the enemies of God's people. That must mean that they'll be destroyed by nuclear weapons."

Soon after his inauguration on January 20, 1981, President Reagan dramatically increased the American military budget (an effort, it was said, to "bankrupt the Soviet Union"). He sought to add each of those new nuclear weapons and delivery systems to the American arsenal, deployed new medium-range nuclear missiles in Western Europe, and began to contemplate a missile defense system that, from the Soviet perspective, could provide America with the ability to launch a nuclear first strike and defend itself against the remnant Soviet nuclear response.

Believe what you want to believe. I know the work we did when Reagan took office. And we didn't go to nuclear war.

DangerDog

Yeah look at those guys just "kickin'-it" old school like a couple of chill bros.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:56:06 PM
Believe what you want to believe. I know the work we did when Reagan took office. And we didn't go to nuclear war.

Even if you did have that experience in the military during that time, it's pathetic that you would sit here defending Regan after what he did.  Apparently you learned nothing at all.

Some people (like his brother Jeb) are also saying Bush protected Americans after 9/11.

Some people never learn.

I don't know if this topic can really be sustained for 3 hours. My mind is already starting to drift and tune out.

DangerDog

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:56:55 PM
Even if you did have that experience in the military during that time, it's pathetic that you would sit here defending Regan after what he did.  Apparently you learned nothing at all.

James, a chicken just came in and told me the sky's falling. Why don't you go out and hold it up.

zeebo

Quote from: DangerDog on September 29, 2015, 10:56:37 PM
Yeah look at those guys just "kickin'-it" old school like a couple of chill bros.

You got it, DD.  "Yo bro we're dancin' this one out, it's all good."

Barfly

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 29, 2015, 10:57:25 PM
I don't know if this topic can really be sustained for 3 hours. My mind is already starting to drift and tune out.
I suggest you get naked and start drinking, thats the only way i can listen, works well.

AppealPlay

I want more alien stories.  Art, ask the guests about the Zeta Reticulian nuke arsenal.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:54:16 PM
"The blame lays squarely on the soviets."

Spoken like a true brainwashed American.  I'm guessing you also bought the Bush Admin's 9/11 story as well?

Numbers do not lie. That's not brainwashing, that's objectivity. I buy the simplest explanation for 9/11: a group of terrorists hijacked some planes and rammed them into those buildings. I don't really have a motive to resort to conspiracy theory.

ShayP

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 29, 2015, 10:57:25 PM

Agreed.  it should get better.  I'm using my time to photoshop a Flyers jersey on Rick Steves so I can fuck with trostol.  :D

=Schlyder=

the new screaming lady....   Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: DangerDog on September 29, 2015, 10:58:32 PM
James, a chicken just came in and told me the sky's falling. Why don't you go out and hold it up.

Yeah, and that's a really intelligent comment.  Way to contribute to the thread, jackass.