• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

ArJuna

I remember living in Europe in the 1960's and in school we had drills where we were told to get under our desks to protect us from a nuclear attack.  I remember thinking to myself, I hope we have warning and enough time to get under our desks when it happens.  I was about 5 years old, so don't call me stupid.

ShayP

Quote from: littlechris on September 29, 2015, 10:20:51 PM
Geez, the Russians have a nuclear missle called "satan".   :o  :o

Gotta admit....pretty bad-ass.  Just sayin'.

trostol

Quote from: ArJuna on September 29, 2015, 10:22:54 PM
I remember living in Europe in the 1960's and in school we had drills where we were told to get under our desks to protect us from a nuclear attack.  I remember thinking to myself, I hope we have warning and enough time to get under our desks when it happens.  I was about 5 years old, so don't call me stupid.

i am sure those desks would have helped a lot

ZombieCupKake

maybe we can be super safe and hide under our desks when we hear the big alarm sound!

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 29, 2015, 10:22:30 PM
"sane"

That reflects on the completely insane Wilcock.  ;)  'Sane' comparatively in that model still is somewhat insane.  ;)

norland2424

we need more nukes and not actually publish the number count

AppealPlay

Listen, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed but no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops!  Depending on the breaks.

GravitySucks

I was in the USAF for 8 years. Several times while at HQ SAQ I was trapped in the underground when they closed the blast doors due to false alarms in the WWMCCS. Pretty unsettling at the time.

littlechris

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:23:06 PM
Gotta admit....pretty bad-ass.  Just sayin'.

lol, yeah.  It has ten nuclear warheads on it. We (U.S.A.) need to make one BIGGER . lol  We're all fucked!!!

ZombieCupKake

also be sure to wear tinfoil hats and bring umbrellas cause of fallout.

Rocky4228

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:23:44 PM
i am sure those desks would have helped a lot
As Lewis Black said, "They had us hide under kindling!"

norland2424

Quote from: littlechris on September 29, 2015, 10:25:13 PM
lol, yeah.  It has ten nuclear warheads on it. We need to make one BIGGER. lol  We're all fucked!!!

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 10:25:08 PM
I was in the USAF for 8 years. Several times while at HQ SAQ I was trapped in the underground when they closed the blast doors due to false alarms in the WWMCCS. Pretty unsettling at the time.

i wouldn't like that feeling at all.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Rocky4228 on September 29, 2015, 10:14:24 PM
Does anyone else not care how many more nukes the US and Russia make?  Don't we already have enough to wipe each other off the planet?

The reason that there are more nukes than the world needs to kill itself is because of...

Wait for it...

MONEY.

More specifically, the military-industrial complex as it existed under the REAGAN ADMINISTRATION.  As long as there was more money to be made for him and his friends, Reagan kept ordering the nukes.  And the Soviets responded in kind.

Don't let phony "historians" rewrite history.  Ronald Reagan is one of the biggest reasons the world is covered in nuclear weapons the way it is.

trostol

so far..all this talk is doing is making me wanna play fallout 4

ShayP

It's frikin 12:28 AM  EST and I'm making a cocktail....sheeese!

ShayP

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 29, 2015, 10:26:45 PM
The reason that there are more nukes than the world needs to kill itself is because of...

Wait for it...

MONEY.

More specifically, the military-industrial complex as it existed under the REAGAN ADMINISTRATION.  As long as there was more money to be made for him and his friends, Reagan kept ordering the nukes.  And the Soviets responded in kind.

Don't let phony "historians" rewrite history.  Ronald Reagan is one of the biggest reasons the world is covered in nuclear weapons the way it is.

Good 'ol Reagan.  :(

ZombieCupKake

can I get directions to someones privately owned nike silo? thanks!

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on September 29, 2015, 10:27:18 PM
so far..all this talk is doing is making me wanna play fallout 4

Get online and play me in NHL 15

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:27:34 PM
It's frikin 12:28 AM  EST and I'm making a cocktail....sheeese!

That's the best time for one! *sip*

GravitySucks

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 29, 2015, 10:22:22 PM
Shouldn't we be more worried about Pakistan and their nukes?
When you have one country whose philosophy is that you get to heaven by killing the infidels next to a country whose philosophy is that if you don't get it right this time you will come back to try and do better in the next life, what is the deterrence?

Totally surprised it hasn't happened already.

maren

Quote from: Oculary on September 29, 2015, 10:19:25 PM
I hated the fact that "Threads" showed that cat burning. Uncool BBC!

They did that back then -- it was "just a cat".  I couldn't watch 2001 Space Oddity years later, either. 

I'm glad you mentioned it -- I don't want to watch now.

You're on your own, ShayP!  We'll have another date. 

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:28:54 PM
Get online and play me in NHL 15

lol i havent bought a sports game in years..i get bored of them too easily