• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150929 - Steven Starr - Nuclear War - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 29, 2015, 08:39:37 PM

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 11:30:12 PM
Seems impossible to get rid of nukes.  As soon as a single state has one, pretty much everyone else needs them.  It's like guns .. once they're out there the only way to deal with is to make more.  Makes you long for the days of fist fights & slingshots.
That reminds me i gotta clean my Glock17

Noorynoid

Quote from: ShayP on September 29, 2015, 10:00:53 PM
Woo hoo!  Nuclear war.  I feel like an anxious teen in the 80's.  Can we watch 'The Day After'?

Better yet, we can be in "The Day After"

Scorch

Quote from: Barfly on September 29, 2015, 11:06:26 PM
She wants to get into acting and mainstream modeling, i think she can do it.
I have all her stuff in my 'archives" LOL

In that sense, EVERY man is a "prepper"! :)

Rocky4228

Quote from: zeebo on September 29, 2015, 11:30:12 PM
Seems impossible to get rid of nukes.  As soon as a single state has one, pretty much everyone else needs them.  It's like guns .. once they're out there the only way to deal with is to make more.  Makes you long for the days of fist fights & slingshots.
We need Superman.

zeebo

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 29, 2015, 11:29:37 PM
They both think they have figured out everything in the universe.  Egos larger than planets.

Ah ok, fair enough.  But if I understood the math of string theory I'm sure I'd be insufferable to be around.   ;)

ShayP

I'm braaping by myself.  I keep hearing this noise.  Turns out my arm rest is loose.  This listening to radio programs is tough work.  i can see why Hoagland struggles actually doing a show.  I kid Richard! I kid!

Barfly

They should have the Onion write the news, we wouldn't even notice

Noorynoid

Quote from: Barfly on September 29, 2015, 11:31:49 PM

Naw, you can shoot thousands of rounds and never have to clean it. Heck, I store mine in a box of mud just for the heck of it...

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on September 29, 2015, 11:31:49 PM

i know your talking about a 9mm but i hope you did this in case you have an negligent discharge  ;D

Meister_000

"We need your talented talents"
Ya, I'd say you could use a writer!

Quote from: Barfly on September 29, 2015, 11:34:48 PM
They should have the Onion write the news, we wouldn't even notice

It'd actually be a huge improvement.

ShayP

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 29, 2015, 11:31:40 PM
Forgive me, Mr. Rogers, for I have sinned.

We're in the same state.  Let's meet in the middle at the closest Waffle House or Bob Evans and talk about it.  My treat.  8)  I sure am hungry.  :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 29, 2015, 11:31:34 PM
This  ^^^^^^     LOL   Well Said Deacon SciFi  :)

Notice Hoag slapping the damn malfunctioning post-apocalypse accutron at 0:22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DcqnkzGEFQ

gx2music

Quote from: norland2424 on September 29, 2015, 11:30:02 PM
your saying Art sold out to Bethesda  :-\ ;D

Nah... Of course not.  Art isn't a gaming junkie.  Just pointing out the cultural coincidence - which Art is skilfully picking up on.  Nuclear war is a big topic right now...what with Iran and the Syrian war etc etc.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 29, 2015, 11:25:26 PM
omg I have to use this as an icon now!
I'm playing this and watching THEM! as i listen to the show . . . .

I would write for Dark Matter News except I don't think they'd let me use my real name Quimby Q. Quimby.

GravitySucks

Truth be told - it was unbelievably sressful doing a job for 8 years that you hoped you would never see the work you did actually be used.  Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my service, but that is why I got out in 1982 instead of staying for retirement. I decided working in the space program was better for my mental health.

I have posted about the nukes before. Many people do not realize there have been over 2400 nuclear detonations since 1945, and over 500 of those were atmospheric tests. That is the frikken insanity of it all. Let's see if we can get the atmosphere to glow in the dark.

I think it is ironic that the main road at Los Alamos National Labratory is called Bikini Atoll Drive.

Let's nuke a pla e into oblivion and then name a street after our madness.

ShayP

Quote from: norland2424 on September 29, 2015, 11:35:27 PM
i know your talking about a 9mm but i hope you did this in case you have an negligent discharge  ;D

WTF!  :o  ;D  Really? 

When I think of Art the first thing that comes to mind is he is the guy with the bad back.

Noorynoid

I feel destructive, I'm gonna rip up some newspapers...love the sound of screaming ink.....

norland2424

Quote from: gx2music on September 29, 2015, 11:36:02 PM
Nah... Of course not.  Art isn't a gaming junkie.  Just pointing out the cultural coincidence - which Art is skilfully picking up on.  Nuclear war is a big topic right now...what with Iran and the Syrian war etc etc.

hehe i was just joking with you :)

Barfly

Quote from: Noorynoid on September 29, 2015, 11:34:54 PM
Naw, you can shoot thousands of rounds and never have to clean it. Heck, I store mine in a box of mud just for the heck of it...
Yup, sure can, but its my everyday carry, i have a CC permit and i rarely leave the house without it, i like to keep her happy and clean

ShayP

Quote from: Noorynoid on September 29, 2015, 11:37:10 PM
I feel destructive, I'm gonna rip up some newspapers...love the sound of screaming ink.....

i like what you just said.  :D

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2015, 11:36:25 PM
Truth be told - it was unbelievably sressful doing a job for 8 years that you hoped you would never see the work you did actually be used.  Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my service, but that is why I got out in 1982 instead of staying for retirement. I decided working in the space program was better for my mental health.

I have posted about the nukes before. Many people do not realize there have been over 2400 nuclear detonations since 1945, and over 500 of those were atmospheric tests. That is the frikken insanity of it all. Let's see if we can get the atmosphere to glow in the dark.

I think it is ironic that the main road at Los Alamos National Labratory is called Bikini Atoll Drive.

Let's nuke a pla e into oblivion and then name a street after our madness.

Remember everyone, the uptick in cancer in the world is from cigarettes.

...but what about the hundreds of nuclear bombs we set off for the fuck of it?

CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... ::)