• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150828 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 28, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

Quick Karl

I'm glad I never bothered to find out what Skype is...

Quick Karl

Are people with German accents the most condescending people on Earth or was it just that caller?

chefist

Good evening! I just got here...how is the show tonight?

Bad Grandma

This episode is completely moronic and uninteresting, the nadir not only of this version of Art's show, but comparable in its awfulness to the worst of Noory on C2CAM.

In this age of highly produced narrative and news podcasts, long form in-depth interview podcasts, Art needs to step it up.

Skunk Ape

At the end of the day.... I know some shit what playing with my feel lol

Robert

For close to a year now, WFMU's had a weekly 1-hr. program called "Dr. Gameshow" wherein they, in effect, doctor game shows.  People submit ideas for radio games, the show then tries them out.  It's awful.  I tried it, good & hard, but couldn't get into it.

Here Art Bell is quickly assembling juries & judging stories phoned in.  Having some technical difficulty, yet making it look easy, and it works.  Admittedly he's not doing what they attempt to on "Dr. Gameshow", screwing around with variously formatted contests, but it's like night & day, his facility with this sort of thing vs. theirs.  I love their station generally, & even go for a lot of their experimental stuff, but Bell has the science down to an Art.

See I'd rather have a night full of callers like this than stupid cat stories. Art needs to just drop this idea and do open lines for hour three.

bstuart

Quote from: Bad Grandma on August 28, 2015, 11:49:41 PM
This episode is completely moronic and uninteresting, the nadir not only of this version of Art's show, but comparable in its awfulness to the worst of Noory on C2CAM.

In this age of highly produced narrative and news podcasts, long form in-depth interview podcasts, Art needs to step it up.

I wish I didn't have to agree with you =(.

Art not letting anything paranormal in the stories is lame...

Skunk Ape

Quote from: chefist on August 28, 2015, 11:49:36 PM

Considering it was the first time I've ever been able to talk to Art, it was a great night for me, regardless of how horrible my story was lol

SaucyRossy

Bellgab, you guys can call in and tell some epic trash stories and no one is taking advantage of that?

Think of all the in jokes you could work in.....use your imagination.

Can't believe nobody picked up on my David Bowie reference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jLtOkumiY

You remind me of the babe...

Quick Karl

It would be a better show if Skype worked and the story-tellers were better...

K_Dubb

Actually I like this show.  Last night was the nadir for me.

trostol

it is the levels of this bad

sydtron

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK....

But not bad.  Im intersested

N0sferatu

Love Art but wow this is bad. Idea was great but it's just a disaster.