• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150828 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 28, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

Wednesday

Would we have all immediately known that it was Manos Hands of Fate w/o MST3k?

SnoorysStache

Quote from: Wednesday on August 29, 2015, 12:47:30 AM

Nope.  ;)

Robert

Without even hearing the story, on the basis of the Irish accent alone, I'm saying it's what Robert Anton Wilson referred to as "an Irish truth" -- i.e. made up.

Designx

I wonder if there will be a day when Art gets too fed up with Skype and dumps it for open lines and just uses phone lines but keeps Skype for guests.

bstuart

Time to make some coffee and grab a snack! RCH IS COMING! OH BRAAPS!

ArJuna

Quote from: WanagoBleu on August 29, 2015, 12:38:00 AM
good job!!!!

Thanks man.
I have been wanting to tell that story to Art on the air for almost 20 years.  It happened in 1992.

ArJuna

Quote from: ShayP on August 29, 2015, 12:40:54 AM
Interviewing Nick Redfern later.

Right now...combing his hair and ironing his robe.

LOL, perfect!

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on August 29, 2015, 12:40:54 AM
...Right now...combing his hair and ironing his robe.

I envision it as more of a cape.

Herbn-Legend

k now alOoOoOoOhaz earthlingz🍄🍄🍄 hav a great weekend

WanagoBleu

I wish Art would do a little news at the start of the show......jumping straight into this was rough tonight.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Dark Splatter on August 29, 2015, 12:58:48 AM
Peace out Bellgabbers, have a great weekend!
going for some Braaaps next door........

Quote from: Dark Splatter on August 29, 2015, 12:58:48 AM
Peace out Bellgabbers, have a great weekend!

We need a thumbs up/thumbs down thing on here so with a click of the mouse,
we could say, "you too bro."

ArJuna

Quote from: WanagoBleu on August 29, 2015, 12:58:38 AM
I wish Art would do a little news at the start of the show......jumping straight into this was rough tonight.

I like that he doesn't waste time on stuff we already know.  We get a little paranormal news during the breaks, and that's enough for me.

He really does need Keith to make a web page that describes the do's and don'ts for Skype callers, including how to check your audio levels before calling.

The only slightly rough part was the trouble with Skype conferencing at the beginning.

Art always does a good show.

bstuart

The whole jury idea was an interesting idea, and I applaud Art's effort, but I didn't like the show. I prefer regular open lines MUCH BETTER. Forcing people to keep stories that are down to earth makes the show uninteresting. 90% of the stories put me to sleep...

Auslandia

I didn't listen at all but I did get rip roaring drunk & urinate on a few trees with my dog.

indigoo

Quote from: Wednesday on August 29, 2015, 12:47:30 AM
I would have, I mean come on, Manos is one of the best episodes.

pyewacket

I couldn't get past the first hour of this show. I know that Art wants to try new things, but I hope this doesn't become a regular feature of the show. Maybe if he announced it and gave people a couple of weeks to prepare their stories he could make this work. I'm not sure if this would help much either unless he had them submit their stories for review to weed out the weakest ones. Then have a line for those chosen to present their stories with the understanding that they need to be prepared when they call in. They need to have all their devices turned off and be ready to deliver their spiel in x number of minutes.

Still not sure if this will work. People can lie either way- they can say it's true whether it is or it isn't. I guess the big question would be, "does the listening audience really care?"