• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150828 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 28, 2015, 09:33:08 PM

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 28, 2015, 11:59:30 PM
So i went out to dinner the other nite. The guy sayd table 4 one? No table for 2 i wil b joind.😎 so i get 2 my table an pull out my midget blo up doll, MEME (available on amazon) the waiter came up 2 me an sayd wat r doin sir? I told him u see her mouth wide open? Im lookin at desert 😱😀
truth or trash?😀😀

Gumby, Dammit

So i went out to dinner the other nite. The guy sayd table 4 one? No table for 2 i wil b joind.😎 so i get 2 my table an pull out my midget blo up doll, MEME (available on amazon) the waiter came up 2 me an sayd wat r doin sir? I told him u see her mouth wide open? Im lookin at desert 😱😀
L.O.L.!!!

Dark Splatter

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

doctor weird

if anything I think that tonights 'Truth or Trash' fail has proved that there are a lot of new listeners being exposed to Art. Because these callers don't understand the game..Just trying to be optimistic. Oh what a night!  :P

Spinner

I've WH Art asking him to allow paranormal/ghost stories.
C'mon BellGabbers, make yourselves heard!

ShayP

Quote from: doctor weird on August 29, 2015, 12:01:23 AM
if anything I think that tonights 'Truth or Trash' fail has proved that there are a lot of new listeners being exposed to Art. Because these callers don't understand the game..Just trying to be optimistic. Oh what a night!  :P

Agreed.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on August 28, 2015, 11:55:07 PM
It is ok, but the deal is,,,,you never know. Can always get better or the failure is funny. Not like other shows. Some of the best Art stuff has started "bad" but then even epic and great. One never knows. But nobody bats a thousand and he, and callers, can rescue shows like nobody else.
I would say it is not bad... I think that telling listeners in advance that he will be doing this and to start either thinking about (or making up stories) a week in advance would be better.  That way people can think them out and come with something better prepared.  Maybe every couple of months on a scheduled Friday and see how it goes?

Certainly would not want this every week, but it has promise.

Robert

Quote from: ShayP link=topic=8564.msg491785#msg491785 date =1440827914Art said you can't really judge them.
He didn't say that of paranormal stories.  The duck was paranormal.  The reappearing pipe part was paranormal.

The problem is a story that hinges on a sighting of some sort.  It doesn't even have to be a paranormal sighting.  It could be you saw a celebrity writing figures with his urine at a urinal, and it would be just as unjudgeable.

ZomZom

Absolutely loving this show. Art bounced back from the Skype issue and he has the vibe of a great dad trying to entertain the neighborhood kids for an afternoon. I think he's really rocking it.

Herbn-Legend

Some1 call in with a good story so far ive just smoked alota weed 2nite😯💨💨 THATZ THE TRUTH😝

WOTR

Dead DJ story is interesting, if nothing else...

Dark Splatter

Quote from: Spinner on August 29, 2015, 12:01:57 AM
I've WH Art asking him to allow paranormal/ghost stories.
C'mon BellGabbers, make yourselves heard!
+1 I did that too!!

KMKMKM

I've enjoyed this show.  But it seems like there's a really blurry line for the stories Art is allowing and those he isn't.  I think allowing all stories would be a huge improvement.

doctor weird

Quote from: Robert on August 29, 2015, 12:07:30 AM
He didn't say that of paranormal stories.  The duck was paranormal.  The reappearing pipe part was paranormal.

The problem is a story that hinges on a sighting of some sort.  It doesn't even have to be a paranormal sighting.  It could be you saw a celebrity writing figures with his urine at a urinal, and it would be just as unjudgeable.

ur wrong. He did say that you couldn't judge paranormal stories. Its just that if he didn't allow paranormal stories tonight then we wouldn't get any stories at all. bcuz ppl aren't following by the rules,bcuz they don't listen.

Robert

Quote from: KMKMKM on August 29, 2015, 12:12:10 AMI've enjoyed this show.  But it seems like there's a really blurry line for the stories Art is allowing and those he isn't.  I think allowing all stories would be a huge improvement.
Maybe I'm the only one who understands the concept.

Take the guy whose car threatened him on the highway.  You could ask about the physical circumstances that would make the story more or less plausible, as one questioner (maybe Art himself) did about the slope.  OTOH, the story about the dome of light -- what's there to be asked that would clarify?

ShayP

Quote from: Robert on August 29, 2015, 12:07:30 AM

Thanks for clarifying.  ;)

Robert

Quote from: doctor weird on August 29, 2015, 12:14:55 AMur wrong. He did say that you couldn't judge paranormal stories.
You sure he used that word?