• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 09:50:33 PM
Fouts !! Borg!! Sorry, don't know Liddell

I like that you know Fouts and Borg! Liddell is UFC/MMA; one of the best ever.

AppealPlay

So bummed.  Art's internet is out, apparently, so it's a replay. :(

Art needs a backup solution for when his internet connection goes out.  I wonder if he could broadcast from his old radio station, KNYE?

NoMoreNoory

Been saying this since his technical issues on the trial run. A thunderstorm somewhere again?

paladin1991

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 23, 2015, 05:16:54 PM
Bummer.  I always miss out on the apocalypses.

we just cant have nice things at BellGab.

Since apparently there is no show. We can use the time to send out endless emails.

BellBoy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 23, 2015, 03:47:30 PM
I vote for Midnight Militia.  Art should choose the name he likes the most and we can run with it. :D

I dunno', but "Art Bell's Midnight Riders" or just "Midnight Riders" seems like a natural to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOD-ctLXv0

Wanna Take a Ride?

jazmunda

Quote from: Scully on September 24, 2015, 02:15:35 AM
This seems to explain the problem with Art's internet going down tonight.  :(

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2014/sep/23/phone-outages-reported-pahrump-northwest-valley/

From Art on FB:

When someone suggested that perhaps a vermit gnawed the wires Art said the following:

jazmunda

Thursday Night's Guest: David Jacobs - UFOs and Abductions

http://artbell.com/thu-sep-24-david-jacobs/

QuoteDavid Michael Jacobs is a retired professor of history at Temple University in Philadelphia. He has also been a UFO researcher since 1966. In 1973, he completed his doctoral dissertation in field of intellectual history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on the controversy over unidentified flying objects in America. This was only the second Ph.D. degree granted with a dissertation involving a UFO-related theme.

He has written and delivered many articles, papers, and addresses on the subject of UFOs and abductions. He has been a consultant to the major UFO organizations. From 1977 to 2011 he taught the country’s only regular curriculum university course on UFOs and abductions: “UFOs and American Society.” Since the early 1980s, he has specialized in the UFO abduction phenomenon. He has investigated over 1,150 abductions with 150 individuals.

Scully

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 24, 2015, 02:46:50 AM
Look at the date in the address :)

Thanks, Georgie.  When did it get to be 2015?  ::)

Quote from: Scully on September 24, 2015, 03:15:13 AM
Thanks, Georgie.  When did it get to be 2015?  ::)

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I appreciate Art was more disappointed than anyone the show was cancelled. Tess is a great interview and if I recall one of his favorite guest. What are the odds Dave Noorie schedules her for C2C ASAP?

Quote from: TigerLily on September 21, 2015, 08:38:54 PM
What do you guys think of contacting Classic Rock stations instead of just talk radio? Seems like a better demographic. Closer to Art's style than most of current talk radio. I think the stations/broadcasters would like it. Classic talk with classic rock. Would like to know if you all think it might be a viable option.  Thanks

Hell Ya Tiger.
I'll be hitting up "The Blowtorch of the Midwest", a 100,000 watt boomer in central Wisc. owned by Westwood One Radio Network.
A little research, a few emails to the programming director listing the advantages of carrying the program, a yes /no response and move on to the next.
It's up to us to get the word out.
Please make sure to differentiate between C2C and MITD so there is no confusion in the mind of the PD. Give the DMDN stream link so they can listen to some episodes.

Let's bring Art back to Terrestrial radio. ;)

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
But I also like Midnight Militia and Bellions

How 'bout "The Scorpion Bellions of the Midnight Militia"  ?

Think anyone would want to mess w/ a group that named themselves that ?  ;)

VegasI15

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 24, 2015, 07:00:03 AM

Errm, has anyone ever heard the term "Time Travelers?"     

Arch Stanton

Was disappointed in the no-show last night, but all in all the launch of MITD has been, for the most part, pretty dang smooth IMHO. Considering that all of this new stuff being delivered in a new way from rural Nevada I have to tip my hat to the people who have set it up.
Can it get better, absolutely. And it will.
I am 57 and a classic rock radio listener, and I think that Art's show and FM classic rock are a natural fit. I will be contacting the station in my area and pitching the show. More ways to get the show can only be a good thing. For those who have done it, we know there is nothing like listening to a classic-in-the-making Art Bell show on the car radio while cruising across the high desert on a lonely highway in the night, no tail lights in the windshield, no headlights in the mirror..alone.
I recommend U.S. 50 from Fallon, Nevada to Delta, Utah if you want the full effect. Plan a late spring trip, with a full moon or no moon, and find a place to pull over when it feels right and just let it wrap around you...
Now that Art is broadcasting in stereo, it can only get better.

TigerLily

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 24, 2015, 07:00:03 AM

;D

TigerLily

Quote from: VegasI15 on September 24, 2015, 08:53:26 AM
Errm, has anyone ever heard the term "Time Travelers?"   
Not very kickass

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2015, 02:43:11 AM
From Art on FB:

...When someone suggested that perhaps a vermit gnawed the wires Art said the following:

Damn Dave.

DebbyS

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 23, 2015, 02:09:02 PM
We need a name....  What should Art call his legion of fans?  After all, a radio war was declared last night to take back the night!

"Art-ists"?
"pARTicipants"?
"Belligerants"?

Preferably no military-sounding name

indigoo

Why not the Artisans? The denizens of Art.

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 23, 2015, 02:09:02 PM
We need a name.  Opie and Anthony had the "Pests" and Cigar Dave has his "Cigar Lieutenants."  What should Art call his legion of fans?After all, a radio war was declared last night to take back the night
Like I said. Kickass

AppealPlay

I wonder if Art can work out a deal with KFRH to do his show from their studio in the event his internet goes out.

HEY! Life is good! Art's back and better than ever, way better. Is this new incarnation of his show frickin' great or what? I'm sorry he missed a night but that's just part of the ride and I bet we'll get a good story out of it.

I can only listen to 5 or 6 podcasts a week so my collection of mitd & osom shows is really starting to back up. Always having a fresh selection downloaded sure beats the hell out of scanning through the interwebstreams. Hey! Life is good! 

One more thing, I vote to ban noory images from this thread.

b_dubb

Any word on whether they've fixed the problem at AB's compound?

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2015, 02:44:44 AM
Thursday Night's Guest: David Jacobs - UFOs and Abductions

http://artbell.com/thu-sep-24-david-jacobs/

Very interesting - David Jacobs was also Noory's first 2 hour guest just last night!
Should make for a good interview comparison, plus Art devotes the whole 3 hours to the guest unlike Noory who splits them up...

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 24, 2015, 05:27:52 AM
Tess is a great interview and if I recall one of his favorite guest. What are the odds Dave Noorie schedules her for C2C ASAP?
Especially now that Art is having Noory's guest from last night on?  8)

Morgus

Quote from: b_dubb on September 24, 2015, 03:58:31 PM
Any word on whether they've fixed the problem at AB's compound?
According to the previously posted link to the news article, the fiber optic cable was apparently fixed around 9:30pm last night in that area of nevada that caused the area's internet outage?