• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on September 24, 2015, 04:49:18 PM
According to the previously posted link to the news article, the fiber optic cable was apparently fixed around 9:30pm last night in that area of nevada that caused the area's internet outage?

The article linked above was from 2014. Talk about Time Traveling. :P

ItsOver

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 24, 2015, 03:38:00 PM
Is that a Band Aid on Noory's ugly mug?!
Dave must have nicked himself when he chewed through Art's cable.  Unless he was assaulted  by another pizza roll.

starrmtn001

Page 1945.

1945, end of WWll.

boxman

Quote from: Morgus on September 24, 2015, 04:49:18 PM
According to the previously posted link to the news article, the fiber optic cable was apparently fixed around 9:30pm last night in that area of nevada that caused the area's internet outage?
It is an old article.. And from what I understand the internet itself is working just not to his studio, so the problem seems to be at his place.

trostol

i mentioned in i think the RCH thread..the guy that went ot Mt Shasta needs to call in/be contacted tomorrow night during open lines lol

CornyCrow

Oh, gee.  I'm so glad that last night was a technical problem.  I was hoping it was not Asia's health problem. 

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on September 24, 2015, 05:39:26 PM
I've been under a manhole this whole time.

I bet you were.

Quote from: trostol on September 24, 2015, 05:47:15 PM
i mentioned in i think the RCH thread..the guy that went ot Mt Shasta needs to call in/be contacted tomorrow night during open lines lol

+1

Just once I'd like to hear one of these jokers answer for themselves.

phrodo

Art just said on facebook that the problem is fixed and he's back in biz. Kinked cable in a box outside.

wr250

Quote from: phrodo on September 24, 2015, 07:53:56 PM
Art just said on facebook that the problem is fixed and he's back in biz. Kinked cable in a box outside.
so the 0's were to fat to get around hte kink. got it.

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on September 24, 2015, 07:53:56 PM

PING

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 24, 2015, 03:34:43 PM
I wonder if Art can work out a deal with KFRH to do his show from their studio in the event his internet goes out.

I'm not a tech person so sorry if these are stupid questions.

Would an internet outage affect the XDS feed to stations?

Are his phone lines internet based? Of course Skype is but are the "land lines" he uses for people calling from their crappy cell phone?

phrodo

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2015, 08:02:54 PM

OK - bad crimp - read that wrong. "crimp" likely referring to the RJ-45 connector on the network cable. That's the plastic plug on the end. I've made a bajillion of those over the years. --OW O GW Bl BlW G BrW Br -- Can do it in my sleep - and have...  :P

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on September 24, 2015, 08:12:45 PM
OK - bad crimp - read that wrong. "crimp" likely referring to the RJ-45 connector on the network cable. That's the plastic plug on the end. I've made a bajillion of those over the years. --OW O GW Bl BlW G BrW Br -- Can do it in my sleep - and have...  :P

We gave cat5 connections go bad all the time...those wires are very thin n fragile...

TigerLily

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2015, 08:02:54 PM

Hmmmm...I still think the idea of Ninja Demon Davebots makes more sense. But maybe that's just me

CampsieNP

Quote from: jazmunda on September 23, 2015, 05:45:26 PM
Art Bell warns "One Station, One City at a Time; We're Coming for Ya."

https://youtu.be/rImmWfhn-wE

Fantastic Jazz! Listening to this reminds me of the 90's when Art would list all the stations that carried his show. I remember one night we were at a camp ground listening to the radio outside next to the campfire. We started scrolling up and down the radio dial, and you could hear Art broadcasting on dozens of stations near and far. It was really a glorious time.

Dyna-X

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 24, 2015, 04:59:54 PM
Page 1945.

1945, end of WWll.
And don't forget the year Art was born :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 24, 2015, 08:44:32 PM
And don't forget the year Art was born :)
And the first of over 2400 nuclear detonations...

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 12, 2015, 08:31:33 PM
Bellgabbers can be a contentious lot. Vaguely lovable as you put it! There are a silent majority, the die-hard fans who aren't members. Look at the stats at the bottom of the page. More guests than members!
What a fucking understatement!  And vaguely lovable is NO compliment!  If I comment, rarely, at Art it is just because I know he comes here - why he comes here I have never understood!  There's a core group here of pure fucking crud.  A  Miserable Lot that for as long as I had watched before joining infuriated me but when I saw Art Bell chatting them up! Ug!  Huge mistake for him.  Other than a wanker like Noory who I'd expect to join never, would I expect anyone famous who respects themselves and believes in what they choose to do or not to join this contentious, psychotic and crude judgemental click and sadly he is the ONLY one who has and also he one that most def should not have!

I truly believe no matter what he says if he gives up the show it will have a lot to do with that shit that churns on this site!

Quote from: Jessicas Place on September 25, 2015, 01:28:53 AM
What a fucking understatement!  And vaguely lovable is NO compliment!  If I comment, rarely, at Art it is just because I know he comes here - why he comes here I have never understood!  There's a core group here of pure fucking crud.  A  Miserable Lot that for as long as I had watched before joining infuriated me but when I saw Art Bell chatting them up! Ug!  Huge mistake for him.  Other than a wanker like Noory who I'd expect to join never, would I expect anyone famous who respects themselves and believes in what they choose to do or not to join this contentious, psychotic and crude judgemental click and sadly he is the ONLY one who has and also he one that most def should not have!

I truly believe no matter what he says if he gives up the show it will have a lot to do with that shit that churns on this site!

I think you let a minority of poster overwhelm your opinion of most bellgabbers. A lot of people have worked really hard at getting the word out there, without any fanfare. Be it hitting up social media or working phones or emails, a lot of posters have worked hard to get the ball rolling and picking up steam.

Perhaps Midnight fans is more your taste?

Lunger

Welcome.  You seem to fit right in.

phrodo

Oh great -- just what we need ... another pretentious, holier-than-thou British bitch. This one needs to learn to spell and the proper usage of the word "click" if it wants to criticize our clique because I don't accept criticism from borderline illiterates.  8) 

BellBoy

What a fucking understatement!  And vaguely lovable is NO compliment!  If I comment, rarely, at Art it is just because I know he comes here - why he comes here I have never understood!  There's a core group here of pure fucking crud.  A  Miserable Lot that for as long as I had watched before joining infuriated me but when I saw Art Bell chatting them up! Ug!  Huge mistake for him.  Other than a wanker like Noory who I'd expect to join never, would I expect anyone famous who respects themselves and believes in what they choose to do or not to join this contentious, psychotic and crude judgemental click and sadly he is the ONLY one who has and also he one that most def should not have!

Hi Jessica! I see that you have (true to form) once again shown up, to share with us your bi-weekly churning, chocolate fountain of monumental mindlessness.

Just like clockwork, you show up, only to say a bunch of truly stupid shit, which invariably draws crashing waves of ridicule and derision upon yourself. After which, you skulk away to quietly lick your wounds a while and plan your next great comeback! It's too bad, they always end in the same, predictable fashion... Jessica looks very, very silly.

One question: what exactly, brings a wanker like you to, repeatedly, join us in this contentious, psychotic, crude and judgmental cesspool of sub-human detritus? Masochistic self defeating personality disorder, much, do you?

As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his her folly. ...

Welcome, and post often!

onan

Pure Fucking Crud, a new product from your friends at Taintco.

Alaskana

Quote from: PING on September 24, 2015, 08:08:07 PM
I'm not a tech person so sorry if these are stupid questions.

Would an internet outage affect the XDS feed to stations?

Are his phone lines internet based? Of course Skype is but are the "land lines" he uses for people calling from their crappy cell phone?

Hey Ping! The only stupid question is the one unasked. :)

If my understanding is right, the Midnight in the Desert stream is sent over the Internet via fiber optic cable from Art's studio to Westwood One's Satellite uplink center, where it is 'uploaded' to their satellite that then beams the show out (along with many other shows) for radio stations to pick up using their own satellite dish and XDS receiver. So, if Art loses his fiber optic network connection, Westwood One won't be able to pick up his feed to distribute via satellite. (Or if you prefer the short answer, yes).

Regarding the phone lines, I'm not sure about that but my guess is that Art probably has a solid landline connection for those.