• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

serenity

Quote from: weeberwubber on September 22, 2015, 08:09:33 PM
That is awesome. I'm sending it to these guys in Cleveland who I don't think have anything going on overnight. Please anyone who cares to join me.  http://whkradio.com/ProgramGuide/Weekdays

I modified it thusly:

Did you know the legendary Art Bell is back with a new show - Midnight in The Desert? I'd LOVE it if you would carry it on KOKC and think it would get great ratings for your station. It currently streams on the internet and starting Oct 1st it'll be available via XDS satellite for broadcasters. He broadcasts midnight to 3am EST. Please check into carrying it as I already listen online but would love to be able to listen while in my car or on my radio without having to use a computer or tying up my smartphone. Here's a list of stations already carrying Art - http://artbell.com/radio-stations/ - and that list will undoubtably grow on 10/1. Info can be had by emailing affiliates@artbell.com.

A really cool aspect of Art's show is that since it's carried on the internet he gets callers from around the world - he's had many callers from Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia - and from the US too of course. But it's pretty cool that it's worldwide now - instead of just "Coast to Coast". Check out his new YouTube channel for some clips and highlights from the show -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPX3zf5CH0R6GnOQAXABeQA .

Thanks and looking forward to hearing Art back on the air in Cleveland and beyond..

and submitted it here:

http://whkradio.com/Contact

I like the modifications and with a few tweaks to make it local to Houma, I sent it to KTIB 640am . Heres hoping!
:) ;) :D

Happy first Day of Autumn everyone

jazmunda

Quote from: serenity on September 23, 2015, 05:40:19 AM
I like the modifications and with a few tweaks to make it local to Houma, I sent it to KTIB 640am . Heres hoping!

Just remember to include the new YouTube URL: http://youtube.com/c/artbell51

serenity

Quote from: jazmunda on September 23, 2015, 05:55:30 AM

Updated and fixed. Thanks Jazz

PING

Quote from: chefist on September 20, 2015, 08:13:11 PM
Open Question: what was your favorite show of Art's from the master archive of C2C?

I want to put together a list so I can verify that I have listened to them.

Thanks

Not sure this one's been said already but one of my Top 3 shows is Art talking to Kenny Young (R.I.P.) about UFO sighting in Trumbull County OH. Young had a few hours of police scanner traffic as the police were investigating "strange lights" in the sky. WELL worth a listen.

Google says it was 2.26.99

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 22, 2015, 11:14:45 PM
Noory just started tonight's C2C by thanking everyone who has worked to bring the show's affiliate count to 'the highest ev-urrrr'. He offered no number.
This would have nothing to do with the XDS announcement, would it? Not at all.
Whistling past the graveyard.
Hahaha!  Dave's getting nervous.  The countdown for Dave's demise has started at 11:11.  Be afraid, Dave.  Be very afraid.

chefist

Quote from: PING on September 23, 2015, 08:54:57 AM
Not sure this one's been said already but one of my Top 3 shows is Art talking to Kenny Young (R.I.P.) about UFO sighting in Trumbull County OH. Young had a few hours of police scanner traffic as the police were investigating "strange lights" in the sky. WELL worth a listen.

Google says it was 2.26.99

Thanks, Ping! I have not heard that one! It's on my list!

TigerLily

Quote from: serenity on September 23, 2015, 05:40:19 AM

Happy first Day after the End of the World

chefist

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 12:25:15 PM

Oh yea! That's right...nice day here in Tucson...:-)

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 12:25:15 PM
It is the end... RIP Yogi Berra

TigerLily

Quote from: jazmunda on September 23, 2015, 05:55:30 AM
Yes. In my email box and ready to go. Thanks, Jaz

AppealPlay

Oh, yeah, aren't we supposed to die today?

coaster

I wonder if that derp drove his family out to Mt. Shasta, and I wonder if she has asked for a divorce yet.

SciFiAuthor

This is easily the most pleasant apocalypse I've ever been through. Sunny, 80 degrees, nice breeze.

DebbyS

Quote from: trostol on September 21, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
does this "shocking" news change the way we have to listen..as in ..can i still listen via TuneIn?

In the event this hasn't been answered, I listen via my Grace Mondo internet radio and can get MitD via DarkMatter radio's stream but also via KYAH radio out of Delta, Utah (540). After the DarkMatter feed is RCH. After the KYAH feed, the 2nd two hours of C2C followed by the 1st two hours in rerun. My Grace Mondo uses the "Reciva" service but also can apparently go directly to various radio sources around the world.

I imagine though that a few people who pay the $5/month for MitD may be a bit upset if the show turns up on local radio (with more commercials), but for $5/month, one gets the show already digitized and w/o commercials. However, going by guests alone, I'm downloading more of RCH's show than AB's. As I don't want to stay up all at night to listen or pay a lot of $$ for some digital recorder, the $5/month per show is a good compromise.

DesertFox

I've been away from the place for a while--and a Revolution is taking place!   Count me in--a Revolution to take back the night!   So I assume from what I'm reading is Art is upgrading his technology to more easily match with terrestrial radio stations.

Art--i'll be calling stations in my part of the desert--otherwise known as South Florida.  Onward soldiers!

AppealPlay

Quote from: DesertFox on September 23, 2015, 02:05:53 PM
I've been away from the place for a while--and a Revolution is taking place!   Count me in--a Revolution to take back the night!   So I assume from what I'm reading is Art is upgrading his technology to more easily match with terrestrial radio station.

Art--i'll be calling stations in my part of the desert--otherwise known as South Florida.  Onward soldiers!

We need a name.  Opie and Anthony had the "Pests" and Cigar Dave has his "Cigar Lieutenants."  What should Art call his legion of fans?  After all, a radio war was declared last night to take back the night!

DesertFox

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 23, 2015, 02:09:02 PM
We need a name.  Opie and Anthony had the "Pests" and Cigar Dave has his "Cigar Lieutenants."  What should Art call his legion of fans?  After all, a radio war was declared last night to take back the night!

Well we can be--Art's Army and this is the BellGab Brigade.

chefist

Quote from: DesertFox on September 23, 2015, 02:13:46 PM

Well we can be--Art's Army and this is the BellGab Brigade.

We are the Scorpion Army...

Marc.Knight

Quote from: phrodo on September 22, 2015, 04:47:07 PM
I just emailed the "other" talk radio station in Oklahoma City - KOKC 50K watt clear channel a Tyler Media property - the one that doesn't carry the other show - but it does carry the Red Eye lineup. Here's what I sent to PD Jack Taylor --

---------------

Hi Jack -

Did you know the legendary Art Bell is back with a new show - Midnight in The Desert? I'd LOVE it if you would carry it on KOKC and think it would get great ratings for your station. It currently streams on the internet and starting Oct 1st it'll be available via XDS satellite for broadcasters. Please check into carrying it as I already listen online but would love to be able to listen while in my car or on my radio without having to use a computer or tying up my smartphone. I think it would get better ratings than the last hour of Herman or the first two hours of Red Eye... yawn... sorry. Here's a list of stations already carrying Art - http://artbell.com/radio-stations/ - and that list will undoubtably grow on 10/1. Info can be had by emailing affiliates@artbell.com.

A really cool aspect of Art's show is that since it's carried on the internet he gets callers from around the world - he's had many callers from Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia - and from the US too of course. But it's pretty cool that it's worldwide now - instead of just "Coast to Coast". Check out his new YouTube channel for some clips and highlights from the show -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPX3zf5CH0R6GnOQAXABeQA .

Thanks and looking forward to hearing Art back on the air in OKC and beyond..

----------------

Feel free to use this as a template for emailing your local stations if you want - or add/subtract/personalize it as you like.  ;D

I'd love to see or hear about any responses you guys get.

Midnight Militia
Art's Partners
Nighttime Terrorists
Desert Debunkers
Coast Offensive
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

wr250

Bellians

DesertFox

So basically I guess we have to target the non-I-heart radio stations.   I can easily see Art gaining great ratings traction at night--mostly third rate sports talk and a ready to be toppled Coast.  Can see many stations being attracted to that.

trostol

HAPPY ARMAGEDDON DAY!!!!

i am so bummed i still have to look for work

TigerLily

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 02:16:17 PM
We are the Scorpion Army...
Yes. The Scorpion has a great, glorious, checkered past . We should keep that

TigerLily

Quote from: DesertFox on September 23, 2015, 03:11:05 PM
So basically I guess we have to target the non-I-heart radio stations.   I can easily see Art gaining great ratings traction at night--mostly third rate sports talk and a ready to be toppled Coast.  Can see many stations being attracted to that.
I'm sure you are bringing mad skills to the battle. I've gotten good ideas here. You have questions how to proceed, this is the place.
Right now I'm doing L.A. emailing and Facebooking. Hitting talk and Classic Rock then will work up the Coast.
Good luck

TigerLily

But I also like Midnight Militia and Bellions

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
Yes. The Scorpion has a great, glorious, checkered past . We should keep that

Agreed, and whatever happened to FortRock anyway?  I miss his kooky capitalized dispatches.

jazmunda

Art Bell explains his plans to take Midnight In The Desert to the Next Level.

https://youtu.be/SmSysnFDnGU