• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Freyja

Quote from: jazmunda on September 25, 2015, 03:41:13 PM

This is not looking good for Art specifically when he is trying to "take back the night". No affiliates want to promote a show that is not reliable in terms of delivery.

Art you need to resolve whatever it is asap.

We your long time supporters get it and don't mind a replay....the rest of your potential market likely won't.

zeebo

Quote from: Freyja on September 25, 2015, 05:03:37 PM
This is not looking good for Art specifically when he is trying to "take back the night". No affiliates want to promote a show that is not reliable in terms of delivery...

I must agree on this.  I don't know if any internet-based broadcast can be completely reliable, but it's gotta be pretty solid for others to buy into it.  If nothing else there must be some level of redundancy so that a single bottleneck won't necessarily break things.  Here's hoping it can all get resolved.

slippingaway

I've checked into it.  LV.net isn't the only provider.  Century Link and AT&T offer packages, and I'm sure he could get a 4GB data plan on cellular.  If it were me, I'd order or recycle a pc into a PFSense router with failover for 2 ISPs on 2 different technologies. That way if one goes down, he can transistion from 1 WAN to the next with little more than a hiccup or 2. It's not too hard to repurpose a pc, load PFSense and add a couple network cards:
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Multi-WAN

I wonder if his Telos box already has dual WAN, that would multi-path itself if the connection went down...

These are the thoughts that keep me up at night.

Dear LV.net,

Fix Art Bell's internet, or you will have the angry masses outside your corporate offices at midnight with their torches, pitchforks, and 6 feet of rope for your CEO.

If you haven't replacing his radio, and pulled fresh cable, YOU AREN'T DOING ENOUGH.
Sincerely,
One pissed off Fan (out of many)

AppealPlay

Quote from: Freyja on September 25, 2015, 05:03:37 PM
This is not looking good for Art specifically when he is trying to "take back the night". No affiliates want to promote a show that is not reliable in terms of delivery.

Art you need to resolve whatever it is asap.

We your long time supporters get it and don't mind a replay....the rest of your potential market likely won't.

Ditto everything you said. +1

TigerLily

TigerLily

Quote from: b_dubb on September 25, 2015, 02:45:37 PM
Yeah BellGab is on strike till we have all you can eat soft serve frozen yogurt in the cafeteria
The yoghurt/ice cream truck is parked outside your house

BellBoy

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 05:27:22 PM
The yoghurt/ice cream truck is parked outside your house

Exactly how many guys can you fit into that truck? b_dubb's appetite for it is, admittedly, quite insatiable and he, rather pointedly, prefers it "in the cafeteria".

Dave Noory: "Could it be, a glory hole?"

GravitySucks

Roswells!!!  1947

Quote from: slippingaway on September 25, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
I've checked into it.  LV.net isn't the only provider...

Don't most businesses have redundancies for their critical technologies, in this case service outages?

dammit why did I log into bellgab 4 hours early?

was really looking forward to open lines. Hope Art let's us know early enough if it's 100% going to be a rerun.

All these repeats is forcing me to spend time with the wife. It truly sucks

BellBoy

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 25, 2015, 05:38:42 PM
Don't most businesses have redundancies for their critical technologies, in this case service outages?

Limited budget, independent start-ups will always face challenges the big boys don't have to worry about.

Art is boot-strapping this operation from the ground up. He doesn't have the luxury of an out-of-the-box, pre-installed infrastructure.

Juan

Jazmunda begins doing youtube promos and Art's Internet goes down.  Sounds familiar.

Quote from: BellBoy on September 25, 2015, 05:45:26 PM
Limited budget, independent start-ups will always face challenges the big boys don't have to worry about.

Art is boot-strapping this operation from the ground up. He doesn't have the luxury of an out-of-the-box, pre-installed infrastructure.

I was thinking more in terms of a backup ISP

jazmunda

Quote from: Juan on September 25, 2015, 05:46:09 PM
Jazmunda begins doing youtube promos and Art's Internet goes down.  Sounds familiar.

Muhahahahahaha. I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

TigerLily

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 01:34:13 PM
THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS. I just checked Art's YouTube page and all the videos still have "likes" in the single digits. It's really easy to subscribe and I "liked" all the videos in about two minutes. You guys all have two minutes for Art don't you?

Jazmunda has a link in the Official Art Bell YouTube Channel thread at the top of Page 1.

Do it now. You'll feel better for it.
Can everyone take a couple of minutes to subscribe and like.
The videos are glorious but you only need to hit "like" and move on to the next one
I'm sure Art would appreciate it

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 06:05:31 PM
Can everyone take a couple of minutes to subscribe and like.
The videos are glorious but you only need to hit "like" and move on to the next one
I'm sure Art would appreciate it
Once I get back to wifi I will... If my yogurt shows up

BellBoy

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 25, 2015, 05:59:58 PM
I was thinking more in terms of a backup ISP

I know exactly what you mean. For example, I really, really, REALLY like EastEnders (and I trust Patsy Palmer is already a big, big star out in Hollywood... LOVE YOU BIANCA! <3 <3).

So, learning from my past experience with B-SKY-B's shitty spotty satellite service, I have also installed Sir Richard's Most-Excellent Internet/Television/Telephone fibre-optic service... you never know when it might rain, snow or my neighbor's tree might bloom. But, you really can only have 'so-much' back-up.

(...and thank you, very kindly, Sir Dick, for having me mostly offline, the previous 48 hours)

b_dubb

Quote from: BellBoy on September 25, 2015, 05:31:04 PM
Exactly how many guys can you fit into that truck? b_dubb's appetite for it is, admittedly, quite insatiable and he, rather pointedly, prefers it "in the cafeteria".

Dave Noory: "Could it be, a glory hole?"
Somewhere a junior high school is missing it's star janitor

BellBoy

Quote from: b_dubb on September 25, 2015, 06:30:29 PM
Somewhere a junior high school is missing it's star janitor

b_dubb, King of the One-Liner

(buh-dum-tiss)

Not that anyone cares, but how have you been?

(BTW, it's only polite, to wipe your chin, before addressing the forum)

phrodo

Evidently premrat interns have been busy in Pahrump the last couple of days. Art needs to aim a camera toward that box.   >:(

TigerLily

Quote from: BellBoy on September 25, 2015, 05:45:26 PM

So nice to see a positive, thoughtful post from you.  Please tell Sredni, I like you better

BellBoy

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 07:37:08 PM
So nice to see a positive, thoughtful post from you.  Please tell Sredni, I like you better

It's so nice nice to have, finally, attained your 'Official Seal of Approval', TigerLily, it means so much to me... truly.

(...elbow-nudge...elbow-nudge, "SV! Wake up, SV! TigerLily! She likes me! She really, really likes me!)

slippingaway

Quote from: Jessicas Place on September 25, 2015, 01:28:53 AM
What a fucking understatement!  And vaguely lovable is NO compliment!  If I comment, rarely, at Art it is just because I know he comes here - why he comes here I have never understood!  There's a core group here of pure fucking crud.  A  Miserable Lot that for as long as I had watched before joining infuriated me but when I saw Art Bell chatting them up! Ug!  Huge mistake for him.  Other than a wanker like Noory who I'd expect to join never, would I expect anyone famous who respects themselves and believes in what they choose to do or not to join this contentious, psychotic and crude judgemental click and sadly he is the ONLY one who has and also he one that most def should not have!

I truly believe no matter what he says if he gives up the show it will have a lot to do with that shit that churns on this site!
"Vaguely lovable", we wear as a term of endearment. Like "tasty Canadian."
I've found that 85% of the people hear I get along with just fine, because we are united in a bromance with Mr. Bell. 
If I were Art, and this shit was impacting my business, I'd at least run every wire in rigid conduit, and  direct bury the lines wherever possible. 
https://youtu.be/6QcfZGDvHU8?list=PL4740BA18170D1CF8
AND I'D INVEST IN A COUPLE OF THESE PAINTBALL SENTRY TURRETS! (poor kitties!)

Zenman

Everybody's all worried about whether or not Art has internet when there's a massive, forum-wide strike going on because of the hideous cafeteria restrictions. What's wrong with you people?   >:(

Juan

1947.  Roswells, Art.

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2015, 07:37:08 PM
Yes.  Me too BellBoy. ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on September 25, 2015, 08:05:13 PM
Everybody's all worried about whether or not Art has internet when there's a massive, forum-wide strike going on because of the hideous cafeteria restrictions. What's wrong with you people?   >:(
If you subscribe to Art's YouTube channel and "like" all the videos, I will open up my kitchen to you. And I have to say I'm a pretty good cook

BellBoy

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2015, 08:52:27 PM
Yes.  Me too BellBoy. ;)

Thank you M'Lady... It means the world to me.  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zenman on September 25, 2015, 08:05:13 PM
Mercury is in retrograde