• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 14, 2019, 01:26:26 PM
Catching up while raking the leaves. This made me laugh out loud. C2C with Norry has become a parody of itself. When introducing the guest:

"Now what is a nutirionist with your background talking about astrophysics?"  Indeed, Norry, indeed.

"Yeeewww know, I just don't get pizza rolls."

oh I forgot a classic call last night from one of the Coast wack pack, the guy with the really thick Chicago accent who calls in regularly as a skeptic know it all especially when religious prophecy is the topic of the guest.

anyway he gets on the air and he sounds real serious, as hard as that is when you sound like you're part of SNL's Da Bears sketch. He tells Ian 'I tink it's time I reveal who I yam' and I'm already laughing and trying to guess who he is, like one of Al Capone's illegitimate children or someone connected to famous Chicago public figures. No such luck there. He announces 'My name is Walter Joseph Wrycyzk' lol like that means anything to anybody. Ian was like 'uh ..... ok'. So what is a Walter Joseph Wrycyzk? Well according to Walter he was a journalist for some newspapers, obviously imaginary newspapers or he was writing letters to the editor of whatever community newspapers he could find in Illinois. His 'career' ended as an imaginary journalist because he was writin' some pretty controvershul over dere ya know.

Put all these people in a house, cameras everywhere, I would pay whatever the subscription fee is to see them all together interacting -  Cornelius, Annie, Barry, Cleopatra Lady, The Millennial Nerdboy, Thomas from La Jolla, etc 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 15, 2019, 01:37:19 AM
oh I forgot a classic call last night from one of the Coast wack pack, the guy with the really thick Chicago accent who calls in regularly as a skeptic know it all especially when religious prophecy is the topic of the guest.

anyway he gets on the air and he sounds real serious, as hard as that is when you sound like you're part of SNL's Da Bears sketch. He tells Ian 'I tink it's time I reveal who I yam' and I'm already laughing and trying to guess who he is, like one of Al Capone's illegitimate children or someone connected to famous Chicago public figures. No such luck there. He announces 'My name is Walter Joseph Wrycyzk' lol like that means anything to anybody. Ian was like 'uh ..... ok'. So what is a Walter Joseph Wrycyzk? Well according to Walter he was a journalist for some newspapers, obviously imaginary newspapers or he was writing letters to the editor of whatever community newspapers he could find in Illinois. His 'career' ended as an imaginary journalist because he was writin' some pretty controvershul over dere ya know.

Put all these people in a house, cameras everywhere, I would pay whatever the subscription fee is to see them all together interacting -  Cornelius, Annie, Barry, Cleopatra Lady, The Millennial Nerdboy, Thomas from La Jolla, etc

You are on to something here, a reboot of "The Surreal Life,"  but with a C2C theme.  Lots of regular callers to choose from (have to add to your initial list Bill the AAA, Jan and Myra, Wayne from Tacoma, the crazed black dude who's into the priestly line of Melchizedek, and crazy old guy from NYC who starts every call with, "I'd just like to say."  Each season would feature 5-6 callers of note, a regular C2C guest (past or present) and a member of the C2C staff.

Might be entertaining to put together a cast for a few different series, with suggestions for topics/things to do for the week they are locked in a house. I'm heading off to Mrs Duke's annual family Christmas party, but will add my take upon return.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 15, 2019, 05:19:29 AM
You are on to something here, a reboot of "The Surreal Life,"  but with a C2C theme.  Lots of regular callers to choose from (have to add to your initial list Bill the AAA, Jan and Myra, Wayne from Tacoma, the crazed black dude who's into the priestly line of Melchizedek, and crazy old guy from NYC who starts every call with, "I'd just like to say."  Each season would feature 5-6 callers of note, a regular C2C guest (past or present) and a member of the C2C staff.

Might be entertaining to put together a cast for a few different series, with suggestions for topics/things to do for the week they are locked in a house. I'm heading off to Mrs Duke's annual family Christmas party, but will add my take upon return.
"JORRCH! This is Eric the Mind-contol guy" should appear.

We also could have a "throw back Thursday" edition and get Bill from Madison (Finnish talk,) Charlie the Liberal, Fritz, Mr.Fidget, the "Stephen King killed John Lennon" guy, and the dude who always would call up promoting the militias in the 90s.

If that became a show I might get a tv again. I miss Bill from Madison and his strange ideas about Finnish supremacy. I grew up in an isolated rural area inhabited mostly by Finnish immigrants. They do indeed have some strange customs. The DNA links back to Central Asia

Last night there was Frank, Annie, Jan and Joe. I wasn't paying attention, so there may have been more of George's pets. I think C2C is moving towards only regular callers allowed on the air.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on December 18, 2019, 09:20:02 PM
If that became a show I might get a tv again. I miss Bill from Madison and his strange ideas about Finnish supremacy. I grew up in an isolated rural area inhabited mostly by Finnish immigrants. They do indeed have some strange customs. The DNA links back to Central Asia

Last night there was Frank, Annie, Jan and Joe. I wasn't paying attention, so there may have been more of George's pets. I think C2C is moving towards only regular callers allowed on the air.

You think they’re moving that way. It’s been that way for years. Haven’t you ever noticed that it’s always the same callers on their “open” lines?!

It's Jorch so no surprise here but he really has no self respect or dignity. He's currently interviewing some broad who advertises herself as an 'animal telepathist', she talks to animals, a regular Dr. Doolittle. And George just goes along with this nonsense giving it some legitimacy because his many of his sadsack fans think he's a really smart guy so if George believes the crazy lady good enough for me, the lady really can talk to animals.

She just described going into a seafood restaurant that had a live lobster tank and she could hear the lobsters screaming 'HELP GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!' Now any normal human being hosting a radio show would break out laughing or at least communicate some skepticism even gently like 'you really heard their voices huh?' But nope, Jorch has his stock response when his nutbag and/or fraud guests say something ridiculous 'oh jeeze!' 

beautiful. Walter the Chicago Accent Guy called in and as always the voice of reason.

'We always had animals at the house here, dogs, cats. I had dis turtle, followed me everywheres I went, crawled on my stomach. But wit all due respect to your guest George we gotta avoid lookin at all these animals as our pets, like Dr. Doolittle Bambi.'

He then went on for a another few minutes, take away the accent and he's a pretty smart well spoken guy.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 19, 2019, 04:01:48 AM
beautiful. Walter the Chicago Accent Guy called in and as always the voice of reason.

'We always had animals at the house here, dogs, cats. I had dis turtle, followed me everywheres I went, crawled on my stomach. But wit all due respect to your guest George we gotta avoid lookin at all these animals as our pets, like Dr. Doolittle Bambi.'

He then went on for a another few minutes, take away the accent and he's a pretty smart well spoken guy.
I got a chuckle when Jorch had to tell everyone how much he loved turtles when he was younger.  Right, Jorch, they're always fun to bounce off walls. 

Heh, heh, heh, yeah, Dr. Doolittle Bambi was a real chucklehead.  Of course, the Santa Anita racehorses are committing suicide. Right, sure.  ::)

expat

Bob Zubrin was pretty good last night, a source of good info. Anyone remember the time he was shouted down by Richard Hoagland?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkMhq0Neck0&feature=related

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 18, 2019, 10:58:08 PM
You think they’re moving that way. It’s been that way for years. Haven’t you ever noticed that it’s always the same callers on their “open” lines?!

I know it's the unofficial policy now to try to fill the call time with only George's pets. What I meant was moving towards a time when ONLY the looney regulars will be allowed to get on the air.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on December 19, 2019, 07:41:03 PM
I know it's the unofficial policy now to try to fill the call time with only George's pets. What I meant was moving towards a time when ONLY the looney regulars will be allowed to get on the air.

It’s sure seemed that way for a good while now.

ItsOver

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on December 19, 2019, 07:41:03 PM
Noory likes staying in his mommy-like safe zone.  Jorch was the original snowflake.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: expat on December 20, 2019, 11:00:12 AM
https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2019/12/navy-pilot-speaks-about-tic-tac.html

I've heard USAF pilots tells similar stories, I think they called it "thumping."  Most of the stories I heard were from guys flying in Europe back in Cold War days.

Kidnostad3

I think I mentioned this before but the husband of a coworker of mine, a retired B-52 command pilot, told me the following:  On a return flight to Guam after a Rolling Thunder mission his plane was shadowed for 15-20 minutes by a disc shaped object of comparable size which after flying circles around his plane at an impossible rate of speed several times dived into the ocean and briefly ran under the surface before disappearing into the depths.  All crew members witnessed  it and photos were taken.  He would not comment beyond that.  This retired AF LTCOL was not one to kid and I was convinced that he was relating exactly what he saw. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on December 21, 2019, 04:49:49 PM
I think I mentioned this before but the husband of a coworker of mine, a retired B-52 command pilot, told me the following:  On a return flight to Guam after a Rolling Thunder mission his plane was shadowed for 15-20 minutes by a disc shaped object of comparable size which after flying circles around his plane at an impossible rate of speed several times dived into the ocean and briefly ran under the surface before disappearing into the depths.  All crew members witnessed  it and photos were taken.  He would not comment beyond that.  This retired AF LTCOL was not one to kid and I was convinced that he was relating exactly what he saw.

Swamp gas

we should be careful what we wish for. remember when Europeans landed on the eastern shores of North America they may as well have been extra-terrestrials to the native Indians who had never seen or known people like that existed. By the millions the natives died and not by war fought against invaders with superior weaponry and technology, the Europeans brought bacteria and viruses with them that the Indians had never been exposed to before and had no immunity to. That is a real danger should little green men ever make contact with humans.

i think the 'tic tac' objects most likely are experimental unmanned drones, either our own or belonging to our rivals China and Russia.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 19, 2019, 03:09:04 AM
It's Jorch so no surprise here but he really has no self respect or dignity. He's currently interviewing some broad who advertises herself as an 'animal telepathist', she talks to animals, a regular Dr. Doolittle. And George just goes along with this nonsense giving it some legitimacy because his many of his sadsack fans think he's a really smart guy so if George believes the crazy lady good enough for me, the lady really can talk to animals.

She just described going into a seafood restaurant that had a live lobster tank and she could hear the lobsters screaming 'HELP GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!' Now any normal human being hosting a radio show would break out laughing or at least communicate some skepticism even gently like 'you really heard their voices huh?' But nope, Jorch has his stock response when his nutbag and/or fraud guests say something ridiculous 'oh jeeze!'
Some tanks are humane but I get sick when I see the tanks where the water is green and the animals have no room to move, being stacked on top of each other.  I always tell the manager what I think on a one-time off and I usually raise my voice quite a bit and use a few choice words.  Sickos. 

There is a Beyond Belief with Amelia Kincade, in which Amelia does seem to interpret some concerns for the horse's handler, who is surprised that Amelia knew some things she supposedly couldn't have known.  Unless the two rehearsed it. 

And mentioning the word pets and George Noory in the same sentence is kind of sickening.  He has told us all way too much information regarding childhood pet abuse, neglect and trauma.  I realize the turtle bit him first, but then what was he doing to aggravate it anyhow?  And the other stories.  And he sure didn't have that dog very long.  I doubt he could support a house plant, seeing as he supposedly is on a plane almost every week (40 out of 52 per one interview on You Tube).

George, there are some shames that should not be re-told, let alone broadcast.  Your audience is not 14.  We are not college students getting a feel for what is socially appropriate.  We are not ministers listening to confession.  We are not therapists.   For the most part, your audience is full grown ups who are responsible and learned.  As such, I'm sure I'm not the only one of us who believes that people should only share shameful traumas if there is a strong reason to, or if there is a very redeeming moral to the story which might help prevent others from having the same trauma later.  Adults deal with our shame and don't set it in other people's faces.  It is hard to un-hear pet trauma.  You stress me out.  Regardless, I like you, think you are a good person, consider you adorable in jeans and mid-sleeve sweat shirts.

timebandit

noory is now going to have a weekly Fate magazine piece..
this idea is lifted directly from heather's show..

#Legacy

5 minutes of Jimmy Church and I need a shower. He is the cheesiest sleazebaggiest host of them all, his campy radio voice is creepy af and he's not even aware how ridiculous it sounds. He's Connie Willis with a penis, 2 frauds trying desperately to insinuate themselves into the paranormal media world because it's their last shot at any success in broadcasting after going nowhere in mainstream.

Jimmy called out Neil deGrasse Tyson and challenged him to a debate about aliens having visited the Earth lol

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a better chance of beating Brock Lesnar in the octagon than Jimmy Church has in a debate about anything against deGrasse Tyson.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 30, 2019, 01:47:24 AM
5 minutes of Jimmy Church and I need a shower. He is the cheesiest sleazebaggiest host of them all, his campy radio voice is creepy af and he's not even aware how ridiculous it sounds. He's Connie Willis with a penis, 2 frauds trying desperately to insinuate themselves into the paranormal media world because it's their last shot at any success in broadcasting after going nowhere in mainstream.
Yep.

Juan Cena

Listened to Dave for the first time in months to hear John Hogue lick Putin’s gonads and call him a good Christian.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on January 01, 2020, 12:42:37 AM
Listened to Dave for the first time in months to hear John Hogue lick Putin’s gonads and call him a good Christian.  ::)

He isn’t?!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2020, 02:28:49 AM
A news story linked at the c2cam website, sounds like it could be referring to Doc Wallet:

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/man-dies-while-attempting-to-eat-50-eggs/

I remember hearing a similar story a few years back about a man who ate a whole pig.

albrecht

I have not listened yet but it would seem from the C2C website listing that Norry has sunk to a new low. Cramming both old predictions and predictions into one half of a splitch-show format? I seem to recall in the good old days the prediction review and the new predictions would be two different full shows. I guess they don't have enough callers?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 01, 2020, 12:34:11 PM
I have not listened yet but it would seem from the C2C website listing that Norry has sunk to a new low. Cramming both old predictions and predictions into one half of a splitch-show format? I seem to recall in the good old days the prediction review and the new predictions would be two different full shows. I guess they don't have enough callers?

He's been using the split Hogue/predictions format on NYE for at least 3-4 years.  I don't think number of callers is the problem, I think he just doesn't want to take down a lot of predictions and hang onto them for a year.

Ian did this show well for a number of years, George ought to let him do it if he can't be bothered