• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

b_dubb

The Turin Shroud show is interesting. Im enjoying and Mr Syrret is doing a very solid, tight show.

Great segment on the Shroud. Especially during this Holy time of year!

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 04, 2015, 11:38:46 PM
Your feed of C2C is already running?  I don't know if you are lucky or screwed.  Here in the PRC we are listening to Bryan Suits and his show 'A secret dark hole', as a lead in to C2C.  C2C having been pushed back 2 hrs here.

I caught a few minutes of that show. Suits was talking with a guest about joining a Kurdish militia.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 05, 2015, 01:01:19 AM
Great segment on the Shroud. Especially during this Holy time of year!

I agree, don't mind topics like this, especially around Easter.

Yep the Shroud interview was great.  Say what you will about his voice & idiosyncrasies, Syrett really does his homework.  Also interesting to hear how the skeptic Jewish guest was so deeply affected by the shroud that it led him back to his faith.  He wasn't specific so I wonder if the denomination he went back to was Orthodox Judaism or Messianic Judaism.

I thought Syrett was a little lacking last night, letting the guest talk and stumble for long periods of time without seeming to notice. It was still a pretty good show though.

Nebraska888

Syrett does a good job............he, like Knapp and Schrader, make it abundantly clear how SIMPLE Noory is.

NoMoreNoory

I'm warming to Syrett. OK, he's on the dull side and lacks a stamp of personality and individuality on his shows, but he's solid, prepared and capable of conducting an interview. If that stands in stark contrast to another radio show host we often discuss around these parts, so be it. Maybe I warm to him simply because he isn't that person. Last night's two topics are calculated to make me groan, roll my eyes and turn away, but turned out to be four hours of engrossing radio, proving that a properly presented Coast To Coast with quality guests can still grab your attention no matter what the subject. I am, for example, deeply, deeply sceptical about the Shroud, but there always seem to be these odd anomalies that prevent it - so far, at least - being dismissed out of hand as a fake. I always assumed that the first time it was subjected to any proper analysis it would be a slam dunk: medieval forgery, end of story. And yet that never quite seems to be the case. Do I think for a moment that in any way proves that it is authentic as the shroud Jesus was wrapped in? Not at all. But it remains mysterious, and I like that. It is, in the end, why I bother with Coast at all.

Syrett also has good musical taste. He clearly picks his bumper music with care and comments on it. That's a big plus point for me, and something I'm going to raise on the GNS thread. Btw, does anyone know what the version of Oh Happy Day it was that Syrett played last night? I liked it. I only know the Edwin Hawkins Singers version that was a huge and unexpected hit in the UK in the 60s.

Nebraska888

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 05, 2015, 08:32:18 PM
I'm warming to Syrett. OK, he's on the dull side and lacks a stamp of personality and individuality on his shows, but he's solid, prepared and capable of conducting an interview. If that stands in stark contrast to another radio show host we often discuss around these parts, so be it. Maybe I warm to him simply because he isn't that person. Last night's two topics are calculated to make me groan, roll my eyes and turn away, but turned out to be four hours of engrossing radio, proving that a properly presented Coast To Coast with quality guests can still grab your attention no matter what the subject. I am, for example, deeply, deeply sceptical about the Shroud, but there always seem to be these odd anomalies that prevent it - so far, at least - being dismissed out of hand as a fake. I always assumed that the first time it was subjected to any proper analysis it would be a slam dunk: medieval forgery, end of story. And yet that never quite seems to be the case. Do I think for a moment that in any way proves that it is authentic as the shroud Jesus was wrapped in? Not at all. But it remains mysterious, and I like that. It is, in the end, why I bother with Coast at all.

Syrett also has good musical taste. He clearly picks his bumper music with care and comments on it. That's a big plus point for me, and something I'm going to raise on the GNS thread. Btw, does anyone know what the version of Oh Happy Day it was that Syrett played last night? I liked it. I only know the Edwin Hawkins Singers version that was a huge and unexpected hit in the UK in the 60s.

Well said!   ;)

All the attention is (understandably) on the Art thread tonight.  I'm trying to pay attention to Syrett but this guest is, um, a bit on the boring side. :-\

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 25, 2015, 12:30:16 AM
All the attention is (understandably) on the Art thread tonight.  I'm trying to pay attention to Syrett but this guest is, um, a bit on the boring side. :-\

Yeah.  I'm a pretty slow reader so that took awhile to get through.

Anyone listening to Richard Syrett's therapy show?

MTB

I swear the mind control shows really bring out the schizophrenic callers. This has been a tough slog.

PerfectTommy

Yeah, he had some real winners tonight... the guy who heard sirens every time he took his clothes off, the guy who lived in a van down by the river getting spied on by miniature drones, etc.

Syrett has a good setup though..
He is smart, and fun.
I have been bit of a Syrett defender as of late, perhaps..
But I still think he's alright.

albrecht

I generally don't like his milquetoast NPR/CBC style voice but he is ok, and certainly better than Norry. The subject of mind-control is always one of my faves and it gets funny callers and there is some history behind it (though opinion varies as to the effectiveness or the extent the more bizarre stuff is used; and by whom.) Certainly commercials and marketing, cults, and politics use a form but the physical and drug attempts are scary. As is the newer technology being played with. I recall well the scandals, or controversies, at Straight, Inc and EST some caller mentioned. I recall fondly Bob Lansberry protesting back in the day and wish he was still around with his nuttery to hear these programs or be a guest.
Bob Lansberry
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lansberry
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/rp3h/lansberry/news_870427.html
ps: didn't like Syrett buying into the Norry mantra "everyone is on edge these days" though. I seem to recall he even said something like "something is going on out there" to one of the paranoid callers (I think when disagreeing that Cops/Firefighters have PTSD and that makes them gay and so targeting that caller.)

Juan Cena

The sucky thing about the board being hijacked was that I didn't get a chance to slam the guest last night. She talked way to fraking much about herself.

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 26, 2015, 12:42:52 PM
The sucky thing about the board being hijacked was that I didn't get a chance to slam the guest last night. She talked way to fraking much about herself.

You should have stayed in the Gabcast chatroom :)

Juan Cena

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 26, 2015, 01:12:08 PM
You should have stayed in the Gabcast chatroom :)

Probably. It was slow goings around 2AM EST when I left.

Nebraska888

No @~!#!!!!!  I think Syrett was getting a bellyful of her ego!

Nebraska888

Quote from: b_dubb on April 05, 2015, 12:13:00 AM
The Turin Shroud show is interesting. Im enjoying and Mr Syrret is doing a very solid, tight show.

Agreed......Syrett does fine work.  I enjoy him.

trostol

thats what i thought also..less about the circles more about herself and her movies and needing money

PerfectTommy

Quote from: trostol on April 26, 2015, 06:27:27 PM
thats what i thought also..less about the circles more about herself and her movies and needing money

Tacked on was the usual spiel about hearing voices from beyond, guiding her towards the betterment of mankind, oh if only we'd listen, etc.

Whatever.

Syrett is usually on point--I look forward to when he's on.

WOTR

I may tune in again tomorrow- it sounds like an interesting guest.  Tonight I left the radio on and twice walked in on a personal reading from a palmist who warned the callers not to trust mainstream interpretations and to only use a qualified palmist.  The one call was disappearing fingerprints (and I already forget what the second one was.)

Why you would open the lines up for one caller at a time to get readings is beyond me.  I left the radio on the first time thinking that maybe it was just one caller.  When I walked into the kitchen awhile later and found another caller explaining their palm or fingers or hand print I had to turn it off. 

Another waste of time...  There is always tomorrow.

NoMoreNoory

It was good to see that Syrett had that rare event last night, the single guest show. A shame, then, that it was wasted on that douchebag guest. I only wandered in and out. Early on, Syrett had taken a picture of his hand and sent it to Mahabal who managed to divine that Syrett was into communication.. Genius, huh?
Later, I heard him say that the American people are wonderful. So they are. Most of them. Then he wandered off on a cross between a Nuremburg rally and a campaign stump. 'We are exceptional. We ARE exceptional. We will take our country back. We will take our God back. And we will be great again.'
I was waiting for 'It's morning in America. Ein Deutschland! Ein Volk!!' so I could leap out of bed and shout 'Sieg, Heil!', but I probably just went back to sleep instead.

Tonight's guest, Susan Lindauer, sounds interesting. fingers crossed.

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 23, 2015, 08:16:52 PM
It was good to see that Syrett had that rare event last night, the single guest show. A shame, then, that it was wasted on that douchebag guest. I only wandered in and out. Early on, Syrett had taken a picture of his hand and sent it to Mahabal who managed to divine that Syrett was into communication.. Genius, huh?
Later, I heard him say that the American people are wonderful. So they are. Most of them. Then he wandered off on a cross between a Nuremburg rally and a campaign stump. 'We are exceptional. We ARE exceptional. We will take our country back. We will take our God back. And we will be great again.'
I was waiting for 'It's morning in America. Ein Deutschland! Ein Volk!!' so I could leap out of bed and shout 'Sieg, Heil!', but I probably just went back to sleep instead.

Tonight's guest, Susan Lindauer, sounds interesting. fingers crossed.
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer. Not to correct you. I have no problem with a nation or pride in it. The "empire" part was/is suspect (though most others, and even the US at the time were using those words, and expanding worse, if they did not outright have one.) But seeking Empires for us, for them, or whomever, tend to corrupt you and weaken yourself eventually with constant military campaigns, economic stress, etc. But I think the biggest problem with that slogan was the "one leader" which, unfortunately, due to the 'unitary executive' of Bush(s)/Cinton, and worse under the Obama Doctrine,  of open borders, immigration for all,  but surveillance and more taxes  on us and secret 'deals and treaties.'

Richard Syrett to guest: "They said you're delusional."

Beautiful, you would never see Noory calling out a guest like that.

trostol

my BS meter went through the roof

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 24, 2015, 12:17:27 AM
Richard Syrett to guest: "They said you're delusional."

Beautiful, you would never see Noory calling out a guest like that.

I listened.. and it was at this point where she become defensive and stuttered a lot more than previous.. Syrett caught her off guard with a valid point..
I felt uncomfortable listening to her after this point.

136 or 142

Quote from: HorrorReporter on May 24, 2015, 06:35:09 AM
I listened.. and it was at this point where she become defensive and stuttered a lot more than previous.. Syrett caught her off guard with a valid point..
I felt uncomfortable listening to her after this point.

She sounded like an interesting guest at first, but then she ruined it by saying "Boston was a false flag (and everybody knows it)" or whatever it was she said.