• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

chefist

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 11:54:01 AM
Damn how does your wife look so young? Wait never mind, tell her to get an account and talk to us. Whew now I am not old enough to have given birth to her and can join the Dave's got a hot wife team. Also it's a shame about your previous outfits choices. What's on deck now?
Also loving the True Crime Tuesdays. Listening to this week's and chick serial killers (shudders) scary.

She did last night...I forgot her username...

bellNwhistle


DS,

Your cats ARE plotting, but that's what makes them so fun to have around. Keeps you on your toes.  (I know that's why I like my three cats. Only one of them would actually eat me, though. Pretty certain, anyway  ??? ).

As for who pooped in the bird bath, it's gotta be Falkie, the new guy. (Not you, newish guy).  No worries. MV doesn't put up with that shit around here for very long much.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2018, 11:54:49 AM
Is you wife happily married?

Asking for a friend.
#DavesGotAHotWife

Sean92008

Dave,

You lost me at "And one last favor, ease up on Heather. "

She was handed the goose that laid the golden egg and proceeded to choke that chicken!   ::)

Now, I am sure you have read about how we have been diagnosing her "condition." Any way us outsiders cut it, there's something wrong.  I know, I know, you've got to be diplomatic and I'm sure that you have graced with much more patience than I ever have had...

One thing that I would highly recommend... At the close of the show, while it's great to thank Art and even George, thanking Heather while she has been encouraging her followers to attack and berate her replacement and flood your phone lines, well, she needs to get that shit figured out before being nice to her.

In the grand scheme, she was just keeping the chair warm for you. And in the process, destroying the brand; especially in the last month.

Congratulations!  You and your "cradle-robbed teen bride" have already done more in one day than Heather did in over 2 years to endear yourselves to me. 

Kick ass and don't suck.


ponyboysunset

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 11:54:54 AM
She did last night...I forgot her username...
Oh is she Savage? I thought so...

Freyja

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 08:46:24 AM
Hey All!
Welcome to the Etch of Sketch of life, we shook it, and started a bit from scratch and I am pleased that the over all feel is...

"Well he is better than drinking acid"

;)

Reading through these pages for the last 4 days has been a treat, the hate, the love, the drama, did I mention the hate?

We are listening, and reading and hearing your concerns and platitudes, both equally important.  There will be changes, some you will love, some may take some getting used to, for all of us.

Let me give you all perspective on the task at hand, I will NEVER make everyone happy as is evident from posts here and on social media,
"He has a great Radio Voice and is such an engaging interviewer"   to  "His voice is boring and monotone. He talks too slow"  to  "He talks too fast."

My pace and meter will change, when you host a show and spend a whole hour talking, by yourself, I had to keep the energy up, talking a bit faster and higher is about transferring energy to an audience.  If I just spoke for an hour in a never changing monotone, slowly, you would have tuned out in hoards. Talking faster and with energy I was hoping to cover a lot, give some insights and keep the mood lighter and moving. 

Some will love, some will hate. Either way, I get to wake up next to the woman I love, surrounded by kids I adore and do a job that is my passion.  I hope you will continue to come along for the ride and understand, some nights will be better than others, but that is the way it is in every relationship.

I believe it was the great mind of Socrates that once said,

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life"

..........................................
Dave
aka - Darkness in the Desert of True Crime Dave

Loved the intro to your show last night Dave: " ....life full of changes, some good, some not so much and how we deal with change is what defines us. "

Thanking Art Bell for a world that we can all be apart of......

Very eloquently orated :)

Best success in carrying the torch and what Art created forward. ...welcome and of course, praise MV....often

Never thought I'd do it again, but Keith has my $


Faustina

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on May 08, 2018, 11:44:33 AM
Dave said in his post that there will be changes..I hope cutting the show down to two hrs isn't among them

Three hours is perfect.  And when MITD ends, it's time for the start of the second half of c2c,  when it most often has paranormal topics (and I listen when it does, being a big fan of anything to do with the paranormal). 

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2018, 11:35:08 AM
Boys.  there's always too many boys.  Dangerously enthusiastic.  It is always so.

https://youtu.be/8JDkdc246QQ
SING, SING...LOUDER!!!!!

popple

DAVE! The show was really great last night. The pace was just right for me and felt like it was over too soon.

It is safe for Winnie to join us here, promise  ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: popple on May 08, 2018, 11:59:13 AM
DAVE! The show was really great last night. The pace was just right for me and felt like it was over too soon.

It is safe for Winnie to join us here, promise  ;D
Guess what? She already is among us I hear.... ;D

ONeill

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 08, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
A clumsy, hapless manchild draws you in...he begs for cat food for his kitties, he beseeches funds so that his precious cable does not get cut off. Things seem dire until you realize that he sponged off his mother until his late 40's and has never really worked a day in  his life. When his mother died he went out and ran up her credit card. He gets a government check but feels entitled to vacations and the better things in life. He has said that work is hard and he hates to work (duh) but there's always a sucker on the horizon with more dollars than sense. You find out how he choked out and beats on his "girlfriend". You want to look away, you really do, but it's that morbid curiosity that keeps us hypnotized...the horror...the humanity...but we can't look away or stop watching his videos.

Also he claims to have died and come back to life 3 times and he says he was reading medical journals at age three. That's when he peaked.

40s?:D He was still shaking down his mother even when she was lying on her deathbed at 93. He was 63 himself.

popple

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 11:59:48 AM
Guess what? She already is among us I hear.... ;D
OOOOH! Maybe she will join us tonight during the show  ;D

Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2018, 12:00:53 PM
40s?:D He was still shaking down his mother even when she was lying on her deathbed at 93. He was 63 himself.

Dayum! Did not know that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2018, 11:54:49 AM
Is you wife happily married?

Asking for a friend.

Subtle...  8)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 08, 2018, 11:55:34 AM


One thing that I would highly recommend... At the close of the show, while it's great to thank Art and even George, thanking Heather while she has been encouraging her followers to attack and berate her replacement and flood your phone lines, well, she needs to get that shit figured out before being nice to her.

You know.. I thought (as I chuckled) when I heard that bit, that he has more class in his pinky finger than she has in her whole body.  That's not to make him out to be a saint, by any stretch. But he didn't ask for Art to drop dead, or for Heather to jerk everyone around for two weeks.  This fell into Dave's lap.  It all worked out how it did, and it's kind of amazing the way it went down, despite somebody having to die for it to happen.

Also, something I hadn't thought about til he said it..  he's now been on Art's first show, and now his last show.  It's kind of fitting for him to be the host right now. I think it seems like he deserves it.. at least at the moment. He knows people are gonna judge him regardless, so why be a dick on his first run out of the gate? He was gracious, as I think he should have been. I can respect the guy for that.  Heather may not give two shits, but him taking the high road here is for the best.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: popple on May 08, 2018, 12:02:57 PM
OOOOH! Maybe she will join us tonight during the show  ;D
Maybe. Here's hoping my cats wake me up, again. She was using her pic as her avatar at first and I was pretty sure it was her. But then Sean's pic confused me. Too.Many.Pretty.Women.

Faustina

Quote from: popple on May 08, 2018, 11:59:13 AM
DAVE! The show was really great last night. The pace was just right for me and felt like it was over too soon.

It is safe for Winnie to join us here, promise  ;D

Her name is Winnie?  I thought it was Cassie?


chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2018, 11:35:08 AM
Boys.  there's always too many boys.  Dangerously enthusiastic.  It is always so.

https://youtu.be/8JDkdc246QQ

...then the P-52's, P-47's and M1 105mm howitzers came and this happened to those bright eyed, German tank youth.


Sean92008

Quote from: Azzerae on May 08, 2018, 11:11:56 AM
I didn't catch the beginning of the show last night, how did Dave intro Midnight in the Desert?

Network music into a cold open.

It was absolutely beautiful, major-network feel to it.  Powerful, eloquent, tone-setting. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: supernova on May 08, 2018, 10:29:17 AM
Like invade Area 51 live on the air. It would be interesting to see how long it would last before dead air.

Maybe Bonanza51 dude can help with that.

Faustina

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 11:45:46 AM
Ok my Children of the night...its time for a quick drive by message.

My wife is this many (Holding up 36 fingers)
I am this many (Holding up 50 toes)


Wow, she's 36?!  She looks 25.  I'd like to know her secret for staying so young looking at the precipice of Middle Age. 

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 08, 2018, 12:09:52 PM
Network music into a cold open.

It was absolutely beautiful, major-network feel to it.  Powerful, eloquent, tone-setting.

Agreed. Definite change.



I agree with PBS, by the way. Your profile pic is tripping me out.  ;D


Taco Bell

Quote from: Faustina on May 08, 2018, 11:17:34 AM
Awful music.  That was my only problem with the show last night.

If the music is your only concern, I'd say it's going to be alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFYO5UnJfuw



Taco Bell

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2018, 11:54:49 AM
Is you wife happily married?

Asking for a friend.

Does she have a sister?

Asking for myself.

Faustina

Maybe there should be a separate nightly chat thread for each new MITD show, to keep comments for each show in a proper place rather than having this thread become unwieldy? 


Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 08, 2018, 12:16:19 PM
Does she have a sister?

Asking for myself.

Blatant sexual frustration as only Bellgab can do it...

;D ;D

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod