• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 11, 2015, 11:13:40 PM

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 11:08:04 AM
Roast beef? Roast chicken? Mash spuds, veg...Some fill them up with a stew mix. Traditionally it was served as a starter to a meal and legend has it that was so, to fill up the guests and so they'd lay off the meat in the main course! As Yorkshire folk are renowned to be frugal at best, I'm inclined to believe it's more than legend.  ;D

Yeah, I read about that. In America they fill them up on bread before the main course, in some restaurants, anyway. Or more probably they serve bread so people won't start yelling for their food while it's being made. Some people become real babies when they get hungry.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvRXp35rqjk

AZZERAE

I didn't catch the beginning of the show last night, how did Dave intro Midnight in the Desert?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: supernova on May 08, 2018, 11:10:30 AM
Wife's maiden name comes from those French invaders (Normans) my last name is old English. I think my DNA is saxon although my grandmother told me that we were decended from Spanish who were ship wrecked on the coasts of Ireland. Somehow we made our way to Yorkshire.

A great deal of Essex/Sussex/Suffolk/Kent have surnames that are Norman in origin.

dsz

Quote from: Azzerae on May 08, 2018, 11:11:56 AM
I didn't catch the beginning of the show last night, how did Dave intro Midnight in the Desert?

With only the classiest royalty free music. I think I heard his themes once at a local gas station.

https://www.jamendo.com/start

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 09:46:04 AM
I keep wondering what must Lasha's wife think about all of her Heather interactions? Is she just resigned to it? There are just so many weird layers to all of this.

And do we know what caused MITD to go down this morning?

Maybe  Mrs Lasha is a really hot little number who has already found a new pair of scissors to put in her box.

Shoveler

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 11:09:56 AM
;D That he screens his calls?

Riveting, just riveting.   :P

The only revelation was that Heather uses the shit out of an audio processor and it doesn't help.

Faustina

Quote from: Fearlessjay on May 08, 2018, 10:34:09 AM
Welcome to Midnight on the Desert Dave. Like many resubbed. One of the things I loved about Art's old shows were the mix of science, history, nde's and the wide range of topics. Some have already mentioned true crime and it would be nice to have topics like Space and Physics mixed in. All the best with the new show.

At least Dave knows Bellgab thinks his wife is hot:  I think that gives us an automatic in with him. 

Yes, please the same range of Bellian topics as we've had before, Dave.  Long Live The Legacy!

Faustina

Quote from: Azzerae on May 08, 2018, 11:11:56 AM
I didn't catch the beginning of the show last night, how did Dave intro Midnight in the Desert?

Awful music.  That was my only problem with the show last night. 

supernova

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 11:13:08 AM
A great deal of Essex/Sussex/Suffolk/Kent have surnames that are Norman in origin.

Oh and just to complicate matters, although my mom and dad were from Sheffield, I was born and grew up in Zimbabwe :-)

paladin1991

Quote from: El Chorro on May 08, 2018, 10:53:25 AM
I expect Dave himself will be the antidote to a lot of the Heather hate. She's on an island now. Suddenly she's good for a laugh but just not all that relevant.

Is it a Lonely Island?
https://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY

ponyboysunset

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2018, 11:15:27 AM
Maybe  Mrs Lasha is a really hot little number who has already found a new pair of scissors to put in her box.
She's not. Lasha is the feminine one of the two.
Regarding KYNE Dave said at the beginning of the show (just relistened - "broadcasting from our flagship station KYNE") they were being broadcast on that station it's also listed on the MITD website as an affiliate but we all know how that goes.
Regarding the music I dug it. But again it's all opinions. Regarding Heather being a comedy roast, not for me whoever said that. I really don't care for her or her brand of "radio" if you can even call it that.

Faustina

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 08, 2018, 11:04:03 AM
Dave, you have a very young wife. from now on expect to have your personal life dissected. cheers.

She's older than she looks:  I heard 28.  And Dave is younger than he looks,... so.... it's not as bad as it looks.  He's not robbing the cradle. 

Freyja

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 08, 2018, 08:29:50 AM
Heather was never Art's legacy. No one is. Art's legacy is all of this. It is all of the shows and hosts and listeners that are here and also the ones that came and went. Art didn't start this genre of talk radio but he brought it to public in a big way. Heather thinking she is the one and only true legacy is ludicrous.

(Fixed that)

^^THIS...well penned

Quote from: hanhepi wi on May 08, 2018, 10:58:29 AM
someone  please explain Falkie to me--i am not kidding.

A clumsy, hapless manchild draws you in...he begs for cat food for his kitties, he beseeches funds so that his precious cable does not get cut off. Things seem dire until you realize that he sponged off his mother until his late 40's and has never really worked a day in  his life. When his mother died he went out and ran up her credit card. He gets a government check but feels entitled to vacations and the better things in life. He has said that work is hard and he hates to work (duh) but there's always a sucker on the horizon with more dollars than sense. You find out how he choked out and beats on his "girlfriend". You want to look away, you really do, but it's that morbid curiosity that keeps us hypnotized...the horror...the humanity...but we can't look away or stop watching his videos.

Also he claims to have died and come back to life 3 times and he says he was reading medical journals at age three. That's when he peaked.

albrecht

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 08, 2018, 12:29:27 AM
A review of tonight's show from Heather's most loyal and biggest fans. Such sycophants they would smile and eat excrement if Heather told them to do so  :D
(I'm just being silly, I'm sure they are fine folks)


Wasn't this the couple that sent Heather a blender, or something? I recall them calling in to that show done in an aquarium with the apparent crocodile tears and nasal dripping?

paladin1991

Quote from: supernova on May 08, 2018, 11:10:30 AM
Wife's maiden name comes from those French invaders (Normans) my last name is old English. I think my DNA is saxon although my grandmother told me that we were decended from Spanish who were ship wrecked on the coasts of Ireland. Somehow we made our way to Yorkshire.

Sanchez is a common name in Yorkshire?

Faustina

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 11:15:15 AM
With only the classiest royalty free music. I think I heard his themes once at a local gas station.


Something/someone/anyone really needs to do something about the music.  Perhaps they should have Bellgab pick it out for them. 

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2018, 12:07:03 AM
Indeed.  I'm wondering.....


*Snaps fingers*  Fuck it!  Fire up the Panzers!  We roll to our fwd staging positions and wait for orders.  Let The Panzers Roll!
U need to be playing 'Panzer Lied' in the background while the tanks are rolling.


Corona Kitty

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 11:15:15 AM
With only the classiest royalty free music. I think I heard his themes once at a local gas station.

https://www.jamendo.com/start

Lulz

supernova

Strangely the music didn't bother me either, I think is was actually good for Dave to do his own thing (although I am sure it is to do with royalties etc) because it appeared as though he was not trying to be like Art. Kinda like when Jay Leno replaced Johnny Carson.

Faustina

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2018, 11:08:47 AM
Probably overrun by subscribers

Keith needs to get on this.  I want to re-subscribe. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 08, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
A clumsy, hapless manchild draws you in...he begs for cat food for his kitties, he beseeches funds so that his precious cable does not get cut off. Things seem dire until you realize that he sponged off his mother until his late 40's and has never really worked a day in  his life. When his mother died he went out and ran up her credit card. He gets a government check but feels entitled to vacations and the better things in life. He has said that work is hard and he hates to work (duh) but there's always a sucker on the horizon with more dollars than sense. You find out how he choked out and beats on his "girlfriend". You want to look away, you really do, but it's that morbid curiosity that keeps us hypnotized...the horror...the humanity...but we can't look away or stop watching his videos.

Not to mention, when he gets sent money for his cats he spends it on stupid shit from the dollar store.

Also, not only did he ask for an Apple product when his mom was on her deathbed but after she died ran up her credit card that he stole out of her wallet and applied for another one in her name.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2018, 12:08:55 AM
I actually like that ambient instrumental music.  It kind of sets a mood and is different.  I really don't need any more classic rock at this point.  I do agree it was a little too peppy, maybe something a little more downtempo next time.
I very much liked the music too. Kinda spaceage cool instrumental. Like a bit of Mobi mixed with a lot of Hans Zimmer for a NASA elevator "musak" track!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Faustina on May 08, 2018, 11:26:20 AM
Keith needs to get on this.  I want to re-subscribe.
It's all fixed now so go get 'em!  :)

Faustina

Quote from: supernova on May 08, 2018, 11:25:12 AM
Strangely the music didn't bother me either, I think is was actually good for Dave to do his own thing (although I am sure it is to do with royalties etc) because it appeared as though he was not trying to be like Art. Kinda like when Jay Leno replaced Johnny Carson.

True!  I think whatever music Dave picks, it should be his own thing:  not a near copy-cat of the type of songs that Art chose.  There was only one Art Bell:  anyone who tries to copy him will fail. 

LadyFish

Quote from: albrecht on May 08, 2018, 11:23:01 AM
Wasn't this the couple that sent Heather a blender, or something? I recall them calling in to that show done in an aquarium with the apparent crocodile tears and nasal dripping?

I think they sent Heather a garment steamer.

Sean92008

Quote from: Robert on May 08, 2018, 05:49:54 AM
I'm telling you, there's plenty for cheap via Creative Commons.

Bumpers aren't about the music as listening-music.  They're more like sound effects.  That's why bed music, talkover music, theme music, mood music, bumpers, etc. are used both on talk & music shows, & in movies.  We're not listening to the music, we're listening for it.  It's a coded means of communication.

Art had the piano crescendo (oh-oh, I'm doubting myself on the use of that word).  It was a stock effect from the CBC.  I have tried to recreate it for songs I was engineering and producing...  Identify that with Art Bell just as much as the songs.


supernova

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 08, 2018, 11:23:33 AM
Sanchez is a common name in Yorkshire?

;D Not Sanchez but my last name begins with S :-)

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod