• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 07:13:24 AM

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 01, 2013, 01:01:30 PM
Jocko.  Is this really you??? 
Who know's...gotta go dickman is acting out again.

DanTSX

For obvious reasons, I think it is time to revert to the old domain name of GNS.com


Luna

I have no idea what's going on.



Luna

Quote from: Pam J. on December 02, 2013, 12:56:29 PM
Did you ever?
I thought I did once, but reality punched me in the face and my mind has been fuzzy since. ._.

Luna

Well, nothing to see here. I guess back to my life full of mellowus dramaticus. I can't keep my hobby of self loating at bay for too long.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Luna on December 02, 2013, 12:54:24 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

http://darkmatterradio.net/

Recently aired:

Whitley & Unknown Country
David Weatherly is an excellent guest. Whitley held back on the good stuff for his subscribers.  :'(

Howard Hughes with guest Robert W. Sullivan, a Mason. Good guest and great host. The guest was very knowledgeable in many areas and the host asked all the right questions.

Seth Shostack bored the hell outta me.

The Secret Teachings is on now.

It's cool Art's giving all these shows a chance. There's some good ones here.

starrmtn001

Quote from: DanTSX on December 01, 2013, 10:53:52 PM
Even the freaks from the board that casio runs are not going to be welcome over there.
Casio has his OWN board?  Really???

EarthAlien007

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 02, 2013, 01:13:13 PM
Casio has his OWN board?  Really???

He's probably working on a podcast next  ;D

jerry

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on December 02, 2013, 01:07:30 PM
http://darkmatterradio.net/

Recently aired:

Whitley & Unknown Country
David Weatherly is an excellent guest. Whitley held back on the good stuff for his subscribers.  :'(

Howard Hughes with guest Robert W. Sullivan, a Mason. Good guest and great host. The guest was very knowledgeable in many areas and the host asked all the right questions.

Seth Shostack bored the hell outta me.

The Secret Teachings is on now.

It's cool Art's giving all these shows a chance. There's some good ones here.



I don't see any of those on the schedule.  Am I missing something? Looking at the wrong location?

EarthAlien007

Quote from: jerry on December 02, 2013, 01:19:50 PM


I don't see any of those on the schedule.  Am I missing something? Looking at the wrong location?

I'm listening and that's what's been on over the past couple hours. They must be playing random shows.
Just put this link in my Winamp and it's playing great.
http://live.darkmatterradio.net:8303/stream

Luna

EarthAlien007, thank you very much for the update. I'll have to take a look at that.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Luna on December 02, 2013, 01:24:24 PM
EarthAlien007, thank you very much for the update. I'll have to take a look at that.
This is the first chance I've had to listen to some of these shows. I think Art's on to something here. He'll have a nice network built up by the time he comes back.
http://darkmatterradio.net/

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on December 02, 2013, 08:14:25 AM
Who know's...gotta go dickman is acting out again.
Oh that Bud.  Never know what he's going to do next. ;D

jerry

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on December 02, 2013, 01:23:00 PM
I'm listening and that's what's been on over the past couple hours. They must be playing random shows.
Just put this link in my Winamp and it's playing great.
http://live.darkmatterradio.net:8303/stream



Yes, Thanks!!  I started listening after I read your post.  I hope The Unexplained becomes a regular part of the line up.  I discovered Howard Hughes' show a few years ago.  But I generally only went and listened 3 or 4 times a year after several New shows were available.  It seems like he has been doing shows more frequently the last year.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 02, 2013, 06:32:10 AM
I just listened to 3 hours of Bateman's show and it was like 3 minutes. I wanted more !!!
Bateman could give Art a run for his money & the $noore should listen to him to see how an interview should be conducted.
So far with the exception of  MV & the Spec Sheet guy  ( and their shows aren't as serious in vein as many others are. their show has much more light banter between the hosts  but is still eminently listenable), Bateman's shows were the best of the paranormal shows on the AB Network I've heard AND far superior to many other paranormal podcasts I've got on my Itunes paranormal podcasts section.

And I've got about 100 or so I've not listened to yet.


I second this motion.

Luna

Who was on juzt now, talking about wired magazine? Is there a thread for DarkMatter Radio Network yet?


-to answer my own question, it was thecsecret teaching one.

maureen

Quote from: Luna on December 02, 2013, 01:49:52 PM
Who was on juzt now, talking about wired magazine? Is there a thread for DarkMatter Radio Network yet?
yes, a thread for the streaming DRMN....now streaming X on the subject of Y... it would be appreciated

ZomZom

Would sure like a podcast feed so I could capture new shows and browse at will.

munbeam666

I've had this weird thought. Is Ms. Breast and her FreeArtBell website a front generated by GNoory and Premier to monitor both Art Bell and the Dark Matter network? To monitor Art to see how many times he appears a a guest on any of these programs? To monitor what kinds of programs are podcasted, if they could be potential competition?
Am I reading too much in this, or what? Excuse me, but, as bonkers as Ms Breast appears, there IS such a thing as Corporate espionage...

tertiaryimam

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 02, 2013, 02:22:48 PM
I've had this weird thought. Is Ms. Breast and her FreeArtBell website a front generated by GNoory and Premier to monitor both Art Bell and the Dark Matter network? To monitor Art to see how many times he appears a a guest on any of these programs? To monitor what kinds of programs are podcasted, if they could be potential competition?
Am I reading too much in this, or what? Excuse me, but, as bonkers as Ms Breast appears, there IS such a thing as Corporate espionage...


I think your suspicions are correct, munbeam666. It's a classic move on their part, really. The Art of War, by Sun tzu, tells us,

All warfare is based on deception.

Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.


We would all do well to tread lightly dealing with this new beast. Or breast, I should say. A misunderestimated enemy is far more dangerous than an undestimated one. I think Sarah and her cohorts are probably backed not only by Premiere, but by other, even darker sources. Toyota comes to mind. George Noory is clearly in on the whole thing from the beginning. You're probably not aware of this because you don't go to the same laundramat George and I do, but he now has a "punch perm" in the style of Yakuza gangsters. I think he's beginning to fancy himself as some cruel Asian crime boss, and Sarah Brestlin is likely one his dope floozies --- a failed journalist, now reduced to writing quasi-competent internet copy for benzos, cheap coke and the occasional foot massage. As we speak right now George is probably having his torso tatooed with a tiger, a dragon and a koi fish all in some grand, symbolic swirl.

Sun Tzu also said,

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

maureen

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 02, 2013, 02:22:48 PM
I've had this weird thought. Is Ms. Breast and her FreeArtBell website a front generated by GNoory and Premier to monitor both Art Bell and the Dark Matter network? To monitor Art to see how many times he appears a a guest on any of these programs? To monitor what kinds of programs are podcasted, if they could be potential competition?
Am I reading too much in this, or what? Excuse me, but, as bonkers as Ms Breast appears, there IS such a thing as Corporate espionage...
entirely possible if not probable!!!

onan

I dunno who is the originator of that site. It may have some help from noory... I mean look at the success he has had with all the other forums he has interacted with. success breeds success.

munbeam666

Ms B on her website claims that there are several people involved - that image that 'represents' this person(s) looks like a typical Hollywood topless dancer

tertiaryimam

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 02, 2013, 02:59:25 PM
Ms B on her website claims that there are several people involved - that image that 'represents' this person(s) looks like a typical Hollywood topless dancer


What do you think their end game is?

munbeam666

As I've stated before, to collect information on the Dark Matter Network, who is hosting the programs, who appears on them, and if Art appears on any of them, in any capacity, whether he is a guest or whatever. They might want to know if Art is violating any part of his NC clause.
IF podcasting is the wave of the future, both satellite radio and regular am/fm might find this potential competition.
Podcasting appears to be a whole new wave of media; I'm sure corporate America is watching the growth and development of this new genre of broadcasting very closely. After all, there is potentially money to be made

Uncle Duke

Quote from: munbeam666 on December 02, 2013, 02:22:48 PM
I've had this weird thought. Is Ms. Breast and her FreeArtBell website a front generated by GNoory and Premier to monitor both Art Bell and the Dark Matter network? To monitor Art to see how many times he appears a a guest on any of these programs? To monitor what kinds of programs are podcasted, if they could be potential competition?
Am I reading too much in this, or what? Excuse me, but, as bonkers as Ms Breast appears, there IS such a thing as Corpora

I had a similar thought, but from the other side of the coin.  Could be those sites were cooked up by Art or someone associated with him to keep up interest in this site and the new network.  We've seen numbers of folks on this site drop by an order of magnitude since Art said he'd be back in two years when the NC is up.  The brewing feud with those other guys is the most prominent topic here now.  Nothing like good, old fashion mudslinging and name calling to keep peoples' attention.  That stunt had been a staple of talk radio for over fifty years.

Do I think Art is behind this?  Of course not, no more than I think George or Premier is behind it. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 02, 2013, 03:05:43 PM

What do you think their end game is?
I'm not sure, but I'd like to ask our BellGab "uber computer gurus" to scan that site in meticulous detail. 

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that anyone that posts on their BGS site gets a parting gift of viruses.  :o

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod