• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

pyewacket

Then you want theater- nothing wrong with that.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: pyewacket on September 29, 2015, 09:56:51 AM
Then you want theater- nothing wrong with that.

I don't think Dr Paglini was theater. And I don't think that takes away from the power. Power comes from your belief in what you think you can do. It is, as I am sure you know, all about what you believe. Hell if you believed in the flying spaghetti monster hard enough you can make one appear. We manifest our own reality in my humble opinion.

And yes, why the hell would I not want theater? I have no desire to hear about all the good deeds someone did. LOL. I mean I am about as vicious as a labrador  puppy, but I still want to hear about it.

Question - Has anyone tried to find Patsy? She's probably still around.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2015, 10:01:46 AM
I don't think Dr Paglini was theater. And I don't think that takes away from the power.

Her power to predict forest fires in August, for example?  ;)

To be honest, I didn't hear a lot of the old girl, but I think a lot of the appeal about her was that she sounded genuinely odd. I don't think a lot of her prognosticatory skills were all that convincing, but you have probably heard more of her than me. She just sounded as though she was playing to the stereotype for all it was worth.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2015, 10:01:46 AM
Power comes from your belief in what you think you can do. It is, as I am sure you know, all about what you believe. Hell if you believed in the flying spaghetti monster hard enough you can make one appear. We manifest our own reality in my humble opinion.

That can only take you so far. Believing I can kick a lion's ass isn't going to turn out well. Neither is my wish to fly by jumping off a tall building. There is something to be said about knowing your limitations and learning to work within them.

By the way, I have been thinking very hard for the last five minutes, and still no spaghetti monster. I want my money back!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 29, 2015, 10:23:13 AM
Her power to predict forest fires in August, for example?  ;)

To be honest, I didn't hear a lot of the old girl, but I think a lot of the appeal about her was that she sounded genuinely odd. I don't think a lot of her prognosticatory skills were all that convincing, but you have probably heard more of her than me. She just sounded as though she was playing to the stereotype for all it was worth.

That can only take you so far. Believing I can kick a lion's ass isn't going to turn out well. Neither is my wish to fly by jumping off a tall building. There is something to be said about knowing your limitations and learning to work within them.

By the way, I have been thinking very hard for the last five minutes, and still no spaghetti monster. I want my money back!
All great points. I never sold you anything sir, but nice try about wanting your money back. I simply meant in the spiritual belief system world you have to believe to achieve. LOL.

Odds of Art finding another real, dark witch are slim. His call base is smaller now. You need the AM freaks listening and calling in. LOL.

maureen

A belated happy birthday to the late Glenn! Have a fugue!!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2015, 10:28:44 AM
All great points. I never sold you anything sir, but nice try about wanting your money back. I simply meant in the spiritual belief system world you have to believe to achieve. LOL.

Odds of Art finding another real, dark witch are slim. His call base is smaller now. You need the AM freaks listening and calling in. LOL.

True but the show is growing. Picking up affiliates will help. Also I've been trying to find one online, I'm sure redacted is as well. I have faith bellgab can find a legit witch.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 29, 2015, 10:43:41 AM
True but the show is growing. Picking up affiliates will help. Also I've been trying to find one online, I'm sure redacted is as well. I have faith bellgab can find a legit witch.

Sabrina must be getting up there in age these days? Perhaps she has been getting through Marlboro Reds like a fiend in the past few years and is ready to assume her rightful position.

pyewacket

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2015, 10:28:44 AM

How do you think your comments affect people who view witchcraft as their religion? There is a long, violent history associated with witchcraft and witches. Do you think you're going to get someone from that community to don a fake nose with warts and cackle on about spells and dark arts? Would they get on board with perpetuating this stereotype?

pyewacket

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 29, 2015, 10:43:41 AM
Also I've been trying to find one online, I'm sure redacted is as well. I have faith bellgab can find a legit witch.

Here's a time tested primer for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

trostol

not all black magic is necessarily evil...in the end with witches and their "spells" comes down to..and i hate saying it..is intention

ponyboysunset

Quote from: pyewacket on September 29, 2015, 10:56:37 AM
How do you think your comments affect people who view witchcraft as their religion? There is a long, violent history associated with witchcraft and witches. Do you think you're going to get someone from that community to don a fake nose with warts and cackle on about spells and dark arts? Would they get on board with perpetuating this stereotype?

I am so sorry I offended you. Was not my intent. I do not think Patsy was fake. I am more interested in hearing about the dark arts than white magic. Not asking anyone to fake anything. Me of all people would never ask that. LOL. Come on I am an out lesbian, if I were asking someone to fake it I would be in the closet. Nothing offensive was meant.

Art wants a wicked witch too! He clearly is not interested in Wiccans, he said so himself. And it is no offense against the Wiccans. And he says he wants a real wicked witch, no one fake. So I don't think he was asking someone from the community to fake it for him, he wants an honest to God black magic witch. All I was saying is I can't blame him. Sorry it's just more interesting radio.

Art's late wife Ramona was a witch. He could do a show himself with all the things that she used to practice around the house. I have come to learn that there are rituals that need to be followed daily. Also, I know that Wiccans have an altar. I am not sure about other types of "witches" like those who practice Santeria. I would imagine that they also have altars and rituals that they do. The bad thing about Santeria is that they use animal sacrifice. I know that Wiccans don't do this. I think any religion that uses animal sacrifice is tapping into the dark side.

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 29, 2015, 10:45:34 AM
Sabrina must be getting up there in age these days? Perhaps she has been getting through Marlboro Reds like a fiend in the past few years and is ready to assume her rightful position.
After listening to Paglini, I'm not going to be able to accept another witch unless she's coughing up at least half a lung and talks like the Marlboro Man.  Maybe it's just me.

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2015, 05:36:30 AM
To Tigerlily I just finished listening to Friday's Show. Nice job on the call in. I need to make a correction though, in no way can I continue in this cult under false premises, I have not been a virgin in 20 years. LMAO! I'm glad you made Art laugh.
Dear Sister Princess Ponyboysunset

Remember. Emphasis on Vestal. Makes all the difference in the world. This is a cult. Only one way out. "Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in"

Love, Sister Princess TigerLily of the Vestal Virgins of the Dark aka Art's Tarts

Alaskana

Witches are interesting and all but what I think we really need is an update on those rods.. those pesky rods.. always zipping in and out of my field of vision before I have a chance to even register them.  ;D I know Art used to have a guy on who talked about them but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

ItsOver

Quote from: Alaskana on September 29, 2015, 12:20:28 PM
Witches are interesting and all but what I think we really need is an update on those rods.. those pesky rods.. always zipping in and out of my field of vision before I have a chance to even register them. I know Art used to have a guy on who talked about them but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.  ;D
Crazy Jose Escamilla.  "Rods.  They're everywhere!"

TigerLily

Quote from: pyewacket on September 29, 2015, 09:09:10 AM

...Art- Will only an "evil" witch do?...

Yes.  Too bad Gillian Holroy has retired

Alaskana

Quote from: ItsOver on September 29, 2015, 12:24:23 PM
Crazy Jose Escamilla.  "Rods.  They're everywhere!"

Ah yes, thank you.

Redacted - may we get Mr. Escamilla on MITD please? We need an update - the people demand to know!  ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: Alaskana on September 29, 2015, 12:28:25 PM
Ah yes, thank you.

Redacted - may we get Mr. Escamilla on MITD please? We need an update - the people demand to know!  ;D
Yes.  We don't see her that much here any more. Email her. Producer@Art Bell.com

Alaskana

Quote from: TigerLily on September 29, 2015, 12:36:46 PM
Yes.  We don't see her that much here any more. Email her. Producer@Art Bell.com

Thanks for the email addy - I'll certainly do that.

coaster

The rods Jose recorded were bugs. Scary stuff...

zeebo

Quote from: coaster on September 29, 2015, 12:58:27 PM
The rods Jose recorded were bugs. Scary stuff...

Well they were ill-tempered bugs.

RoseGirl

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 29, 2015, 09:40:19 AM
I think Art still wants a black magic witch.

He ain't never going to find one, I suspect. Any real 'practitioner', in my opinion, will have a pretty equal division of 'positive' as well and 'negative'. Just my experience.

*shrug*

starrmtn001

Page 1955.

1955.  "Back To The Future." ;)

TigerLily

Woo hoo! Sister Princess Ponyboysunset is on Gabcast tonite!
5pm Pacific

RoseGirl

Quote from: TigerLily on September 29, 2015, 02:46:26 PM
5pm Pacific

Oh way kewl....gotta be listening to that one.

GravitySucks

Gotta post on 1955. The delorean has to hit 88 mph on November 12th, 1955

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 29, 2015, 02:46:26 PM
5pm Pacific

YES!