• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Paradox

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 09, 2015, 02:19:15 AM
I wonder of we are getting a glimpse into the shows Art thinks are the best.....?
Maybe most popular with listeners? 

=Schlyder=

Quote from: zeebo on March 09, 2015, 02:27:47 AM
Ha then I guess you missed last nite's classic Beanie Babies show.   ::)

No.  I got the play by play here though. LOL ...that was good enough for me.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 09, 2015, 02:15:06 AM
Oh man. U7 being in the great eastern bloc has me rolling. True pirate radio and a big middle finger.

The ONLY reason iheart sent that cease was because of Dave and that's most likely because it's hurts his insider numbers. If it wasn't for some where in time they wouldn't even have most of their insiders

I hope the cease and desist ends up having the opposite effect and hurts their insider numbers even more. Hopefully this episode garnered more attention to U7.

Paradox

Quote from: Schlyder7 on March 09, 2015, 02:29:33 AM
No.  I got the play by play here though. LOL ...that was good enough for me.
From what I understand it reached a new low.

zeebo

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 09, 2015, 02:19:15 AM
I wonder of we are getting a glimpse into the shows Art thinks are the best.....?

I know there are some real standout shows over the years, but for me some of my faves were just casual ones where nothing big really happened, it was just Art talking about whatever, or interviewing some guest who caught my attention unexpectedly.  Paraphrasing something another bellgabber said earlier, it's just a more fun world when Art narrates it.

jazmunda

Quote from: zeebo on March 09, 2015, 02:38:04 AM
I know there are some real standout shows over the years, but for me some of my faves were just casual ones where nothing big really happened, it was just Art talking about whatever, or interviewing some guest who caught my attention unexpectedly.  Paraphrasing something another bellgabber said earlier, it's just a more fun world when Art narrates it.

Agreed. Even current events. During the wilderness years of the late 00s and pre and post DM I have often wondered what Art's take on particular World events would be. It's great to "hear" his thoughts on Facebook but hearing them on the air in July and beyond will be something else.

DesertFox

I agree--love to hear the Art Bell take on the world today and popular culture too...without getting too heavily into the partisan politics nonsense.

Xitheron

Ummmm I know I'm way late to the party here. That's what I get for going on vacation and not checking in for a few days. Can someone PM me the new info please?

Quote from: Scully on March 08, 2015, 07:14:01 PM
Some of us never tire of a good paranormal topic. Not to be confused with New Age gobbledygook.

If it isn't mysterious and unexplained, it's not Art Bell material. (That's in the Bible Code, I think ... somewhere.)

This!  This!  This!

trust_no_one

Latest PM please, someone ?  :-X

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: jazmunda on March 09, 2015, 01:16:13 AM
Yes. Art is Romanian. :P

8)Fixed it for ya' ............ "Yes, Art is a Romulan. :P

rzr1911

Quote from: trust_no_one on March 09, 2015, 04:41:05 AM
Latest PM please, someone ?  :-X
http://youtu.be/jRWhxgJ0gF4
I want it too, but I can't imagine anything can top the first one.

Pam J

I swear to God Art Bell, Sir, I have FOUND YOUR OPENING HIGH ENERGY SONG so screw Dave and his See Saw my dear!

For your inspection Sir:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20mJ4vDmugw

Pam J

I also greatly apologize if this has been posted or communicated on this site but if it hasn't well, it's just a gem.  It may be even better for GabCast; your own musician friends could redo it.  Not to be an ass wipe but here it is again:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20mJ4vDmugw

cweb

On this day, our closet is a Romanian one.

Pam J

Until Art is behind the mic, blow your minds with the Joe Rogan Experience; here he is with Randall Carlson, definitely A GUEST FOR YOU ART, that I'd love to see happen:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=G0Cp7DrvNLQ

analog kid

Quote from: Scully on March 08, 2015, 07:14:01 PM
Some of us never tire of a good paranormal topic. Not to be confused with New Age gobbledygook.

If it isn't mysterious and unexplained, it's not Art Bell material. (That's in the Bible Code, I think ... somewhere.)

That's the kinda stuff I listen for, and one of the reasons I still listen to classic Art Bell regularly. Especially when it's creepy is some way. Not because I necessarily believe it, but because it's fun.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."  --Aristotle

No Quarter

Can I get a PM on the news, too?  I would have been on to get the news at the time, but was blindfolded and kidnapped by overweight men who smelled of pizza rolls and hair dye...

bound4bristol

Quote from: No Quarter on March 09, 2015, 07:49:31 AM
I would have been on to get the news at the time, but was blindfolded and kidnapped by overweight men who smelled of pizza rolls and hair dye...

...but do you think they could have been... dymensh-shun-ul?

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 07:21:19 AM
Randall Carlson, definitely A GUEST FOR YOU ART, that I'd love to see happen:

Now we know who's going to be on Coast within the next month...

He basically said this:  [attach=1] I took the liberty to transform it in to a wave file. I performed an FFT analysis, and it proves in fact it was Art and not a caterpillar lipped imposter.

Quote from: No Quarter on March 09, 2015, 07:49:31 AM
Can I get a PM on the news, too?  I would have been on to get the news at the time, but was blindfolded and kidnapped by overweight men who smelled of pizza rolls and hair dye...

HK-50

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 09, 2015, 02:15:58 AM

Anymore people just listen to Dave for a good laugh, man.

This^

And to hear mangled versions of the English language never dreamed possible... (or is that possh-able)

Art Bell

I did not flash part 2 last night because Dave was on here. Perhaps tonight, shortly after 10PM P.T.

On another subject: Please list your favorite show. That will be very interesting and will help in knowing what direction to go.

Art

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on March 09, 2015, 11:25:18 AM
I did not flash part 2 last night because Dave was on here. Perhaps tonight, shortly after 10PM P.T.

On another subject: Please list your favorite show. That will be very interesting and will help in knowing what direction to go.

Art

ALL of them.  (maybe minus Ed Dames)

Skunk Ape

On another subject: Please list your favorite show.

Art

You've just created the next 20 pages with that question, Art.

I don't know that I've heard my favorite show yet. But the Al Bielek episode stands out in my mind as being in the top 5 at least for me. Especially when the BS meter is turned off  ;)

I always enjoyed the conversations with Malachi Martin.

The General

Please list your favorite show. That will be very interesting and will help in knowing what direction to go.

Art

OOOOhhhhh, that's a tough question Art.
My top 5 favorites are...

Malachi Martin interviews
Ghost Investigator Society
Any Ghost to Ghost show
Mel's Hole
Any open lines mayhem show

chinaclipper

Art
After listening to the U7 stream for the past hours, really enjoyed hearing the Bigfoot, Bugs, program again....of  course wld have to say that all of them are so great to hear again.  Looking forward to tonite..