• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 15, 2013, 10:33:15 AM

....Stein was not the most articulate, but would no doubt have given an intelligent interview to Ian or George K. Instead he was pulled from pillar to post by Noory's cue-card scattergun. What about Numerology? What's your take on life after death? UFOs? What was your favourite part of the book to write?

Inane, dumb, mushmouthed, inarticulate, incapable of listening and developing an interview. Oh yes: he's back, alright. And IT SUCKS.

[size=78%]Art, please, sir. Don't wait too much longer. We need you now!  [/size]

I listened to the first hour of Stein and just kept thinking "if only Art was still hosting, this could be good."  Instead, all we got was clueless Noory, where the best you can hope for is he just keeps his mouth shut.  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on January 15, 2013, 12:56:29 AM
In the first hour tonight, Noory told of a celebrity encounter he had on his vacation last week with an actor named Robert Davi (played a lot of villians on movies and old TV shows)
Noory is taking some open lines now to "catch up"
Somebody should call in and inform him about Art Bell's latest news...

Leave it to Noory to "name drop" somebody most folks wouldn't recognize.  At least it wasn't Billy Mumy.

Sardondi

Quote from: ItsOver on January 15, 2013, 12:29:00 PM...Instead, all we got was clueless Noory, where the best you can hope for is he just keeps his mouth shut.  ::)

I think you have it. Even in the exhausted, lifeless, bored, phoning-it-in-every-night shape to which the George Noory tenure has brought the once-mighty C2C, there's a chance...just a chance...that the show could be returned to near-"listenability" if the suits at PremRad did one simple thing: shut Noory the fuck up, and have him man phones and pass on callers' with minimal comment.

Truly, with so many guests who are intelligent enough to have conceived, researched and written a book, they should be more than capable of organizing and delivering an interesting initial statement of, say, 15-20 minutes about why they are there and what is fascinating about their topic. And then simply field listeners' calls passed to them by George for another hour or two.

Maybe it would be difficult to hook callers in a single 15 minute spot, but it can't be worse than having a guest's book or area of expertise excreted upon for an hour by a Noory BM (Brain Movement). But of course for such a bold change in format, you need a host of strong character, intellectual honesty and a modest ego - not George's strong points.

Meanandnasty

Congratulations Noron Nuts:

You will be presented this evening with your retirement gift and Yes, you will get it.  Whilst you were on vacation, the office passed around the pewk can, the Folgers coffee can in the men's restroom to collect for you going away Uhhhhh, retirement gift.  It is a one-way ticket to paradise, St. Louis Hooters' 

And, that cook, that  you always shoutout to on Friday evening also contributed.  He just knew that you would want to contribute to your social security, we know that you are really seventy-two, you lied to get the job, and get a part-time job.  You have a job awaiting you to be a bus boy at Hooters and also  a wardrobe coordinator.  Those Double FF's can be hard to fit.   

The best is yet to come.  We know that you will miss all of the female loverdddudhh hookers,  so there is a reloadable gift card.  No, it is not for a hooker, but for a wrench coat.  You can wear it in the rain, exposure parts unknown, or just be fashionable and wear it to the meals on wheels Saturday night buffet.  It is a wrench coat, because manboobs covers  must be ordered specially. 

Finally,  there is a lifetime subcription to Coast Insider.  You will not want to miss one show when Art takes over next week.  Coast will be good for those lonely evenings in that mildewy and smelly cave, or as is tackfully referred to as grapoppas apartment.

Many happy wishes on your retirement Noron.  Keep in touch, and if you get lonely, I am sure that MV will make an exception and let you join in.

The posters.

ufogadfly

Quote from: Elflord on January 15, 2013, 03:17:01 AM
Only Art and God knows if Art is coming back to deploy the kracken on George Snoory.

OK, I've held my piece on this point several times, but there's no "c" in "kraken." ;)

Elflord

Quote from: ufogadfly on January 15, 2013, 02:58:57 PM
OK, I've held my piece on this point several times, but there's no "c" in "kraken." ;)
I hope that you forgive me Mr. Ufogadfly, I'm only a human that makes a few typing errors. I guess that your a Spelling God. Just remember that we have a common person that we both hate and that is George Snoory.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeebo on January 15, 2013, 01:42:16 AM
New here, and just wanted to drop in and say I've read through much of this awesome thread and the hilarity found within has tempered my despair at what this fool - I believe here he is referred to as "The Nooron" - has done to my once favorite show (listened to Art for many years).

hey there, zeebo.  glad you're here.  nice introduction.   post often.

Juan

No one has said this for a while - Noory sucks.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on January 15, 2013, 02:02:47 PM
...But of course for such a bold change in format, you need a host of strong character, intellectual honesty and a modest ego - not George's strong points.

Most realized C2C was going to be different once Art left but it went from Art to the anti-Art with Noory.  That's what has been so hard to take.  Noory is the opposite of everything Art was as the host.  We realize just how great it can be.  We've seen Paris and now were in some kind of Detroit ghetto hell.   :'(

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: stevesh on January 15, 2013, 10:37:36 AM
Here's Thursday's guest:

http://www.shatterthedarkness.net/

Another heaping helping of Fundamentalist Christian claptrap. Who books these people ? This guy makes Alex Jones seem almost normal.

Jeebus. I followed your link. Why the hell are these evangelical whack jobs being brought onto the show? I followed this link within his site. Dizdar talking for 90 minutes on July 26 this year about the Aurora shootings. Substitute Sandy Hook for Aurora and I bet this is the kind of unhinged claptrap that will be given some kind of credence by Noory on Thursday

SHOOTER ASSASSINS AND THE COMING CHAOS 07/25 by Russ Dizdar | Blog Talk Radio

zeebo

Quote from: Sardondi on January 15, 2013, 10:24:06 AM
Welcome, Zeebo. Nice initial post, which has me chuckling because its exact match can be found in dozens, scores, hundreds of earlier initial posts here. It's hilarious that your post could have been written by virtually everyone here. It the Phenomenon of George that he has united so many people in having the exact, identical feelings about him. 

Thanks Sardondi.  Yes I figured that as post #19436 I probably didn't have much to say that hasn't been said here before  :), but something compelled me to officially add my voice to this noble chorus of bewildered listeners.  It does seem in fact to be like you say a kind of Phenomenon - we know that people tend to come together during a crisis, so maybe we are all drawn to this uniting thread by some kind of crisis in our minds when we hear one too many "Yep, that sure is true"s

zeebo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 15, 2013, 10:33:15 AM
It's English, Jim, but not as we know it.

describes it perfectly, it's like a new-found kind of humanoid communication, which sounds familiar, and whose meaning you basically get, but is riddled with enigmatic phrasings

jinwicked

Quote from: stevesh on January 15, 2013, 10:37:36 AM
Here's Thursday's guest:

http://www.shatterthedarkness.net/

Another heaping helping of Fundamentalist Christian claptrap. Who books these people ? This guy makes Alex Jones seem almost normal.

Did I just travel back in time to 1998? What is going on here? Makes you think, doesn't it? :Noory:

Weren't there posts awhile back - about mid-Dec - that George had said something about having spoken to Art about a couple of projects?

I wonder if the projects were that GaiaTV garbage, and the 10 years Anniversary Show.  And the answers were 'no' and 'no'.

Nebraska888

Zeebo....

I will also jump on the WELCOME WAGON......great post......astute observations!

RJ

Last night George had a upset and serious caller wanting the gun issue on Coast to be balanced. Noory patronized the caller and the caller became frustrated and hung up.  Noory laughed it off and then explained that "if we ban guns then our tyrannical government in about 10 or 20 years would come after us and we would have no way to defend ourselves".  So, apparently we have a government that is evil and wants to destroy its citizens.  Almost in the same breath Noory went on to discuss a meteorite headed towards planet earth. George went on to explain that the government should launch missiles into space to destroy any meteorite headed towards earth.  So now we have a government that wants to protect and save us.  Damn, that Noory sure is confusing!

krt688

RJ - That caller last night was the last straw.  Actually I liked what the caller said but the fact is gun control doesn't belong on C2C.  Course the fact I disagree with George's stand doesn't help.  LOL!  But his reaction afterwards, as you noted, that was it for me.  I so miss Art, and I only listen to Geroge when he is doing a topic of interest.  But the Art Bell type topics are few and far between now.  I have no idea who that caller was last night, but thank you!  You helped me finally pull the plug on that show once and for all.

RJ

krt688, The coolest thing about the caller was he was using an old fashioned land line and when he slammed down the handset you could really hear it.  It's only January but the caller gets my vote for the best 2013 George Noory hang up! 

Enjoy your sleep!

jinwicked

Quote from: RJ on January 15, 2013, 09:49:27 PM
Last night George had a upset and serious caller wanting the gun issue on Coast to be balanced. Noory patronized the caller and the caller became frustrated and hung up.  Noory laughed it off and then explained that "if we ban guns then our tyrannical government in about 10 or 20 years would come after us and we would have no way to defend ourselves".

I live in Texas. I own several guns, some more and some less practical. But come on.

I love these yahoos that think their little cache of rifles would save them from tanks and predator drones.

Yeah, Noory. Whatever diddly-ass hand gun you got and your e-foods. You'll sure show them.

mombird3

This kind of stuff they scare people with sounds so paranoid. And there are plenty of nuts that listen to it and decide to shoot anyone who might be a threat. I do not like it and I turn off the radio. This stuff is dangerous. The Alex Jones sensationalism may make money for the sponsors but itis garbage radio.

Quote from: RJ on January 15, 2013, 09:49:27 PM
Last night George had a upset and serious caller wanting the gun issue on Coast to be balanced. Noory patronized the caller and the caller became frustrated and hung up.  Noory laughed it off and then explained that "if we ban guns then our tyrannical government in about 10 or 20 years would come after us and we would have no way to defend ourselves".  So, apparently we have a government that is evil and wants to destroy its citizens.  Almost in the same breath Noory went on to discuss a meteorite headed towards planet earth. George went on to explain that the government should launch missiles into space to destroy any meteorite headed towards earth.  So now we have a government that wants to protect and save us.  Damn, that Noory sure is confusing!

This stuff is no joke, people die George.

Your paranoia should not ut me at risk.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 15, 2013, 08:28:45 PM
Weren't there posts awhile back - about mid-Dec - that George had said something about having spoken to Art about a couple of projects?

I wonder if the projects were that GaiaTV garbage, and the 10 years Anniversary Show.  And the answers were 'no' and 'no'.

I came to the same conclusion.  I can't see Art initiating contact with Noory regarding any collaboration.  If there was any contact between the two, I'd bet on Noory contacting Art for the two shows you referenced, wanting Art to participate.

jinwicked

This ghost picture and cloning conversation is setting a whole new precedent for stupidity.

"What's your email address?" "Well, I'm on Mac!" Oh... That explains everything.

Scully

Noory just got caught speeding.

The guest, Linda Stasi, tells him she sent him a number of pictures.  He acts surprised and says he didn't get them, as he always does when people have sent him something.  She is shocked almost speechless, but recovers and says she's sending them to him again.  He tells her to send them to Lex.  She has no idea that the Great and Magnificent George can't be bothered with the details of the stories he covers.

Disgusting!  :P

ZombiePoppa

George is such an unprofessional hack. He just put on some goofy voice and is trying to pass it off as some kind of EVP or supernatural interference with the program. Did anyone catch this?

Doomed

Yeh, I heard it, altho I dont know why. Ive been listening for about ten minutes so I havent a clue what they are talking about. It was clearly noory doing the voice and that little stunt was a slap in the face to the guest. Disrespectful to say the least. What a schlub.

ZombiePoppa

What a loser, that Noory. Yeah, I just had it on for some background noise. Turned it off... I'd rather listen to my cat snore.

Maxwell

Here you go folks:  George faking a voice then lying about it.