• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

My wife is pregnant.

Started by Marc.Knight, March 08, 2011, 07:10:30 PM

Marc.Knight

Yes, I am still digesting the news.  My wife and I confirmed that she is pregnant - at least one month along.  Of course, she pretty much knew this already.  This will be the first one for both of us, and something we both very much look forward too.  Needless to say, when I heard the news I had a tall, cold Boston Lager, and contemplated for a while...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 08, 2011, 07:10:30 PM
Yes, I am still digesting the news.  My wife and I confirmed that she is pregnant - at least one month along.  Of course, she pretty much knew this already.  This will be the first one for both of us, and something we both very much look forward too.  Needless to say, when I heard the news I had a tall, cold Boston Lager, and contemplated for a while...
congrats, my friend.  nabila wants to go down the same road, and after nearly 4 years of marriage, perhaps it's about time, but i don't feel like we're ready.  i'm always saying, "we need to take care of this, first..." and "we need to take care of that."  however, according to my dad and several others, you never really are prepared.

MV/Liberace!

oh, and once that baby gets here, i have a sneaking suspicion we'll be seeing far less of u around here. :(

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael V. on March 08, 2011, 07:15:05 PM
congrats, my friend.  nabila wants to go down the same road, and after nearly 4 years of marriage, perhaps it's about time, but i don't feel like we're ready.  i'm always saying, "we need to take care of this, first..." and "we need to take care of that."  however, according to my dad and several others, you never really are prepared.

Thanks.  It does provide a whole new dimension to the relationship with your wife.  I think you're never ready.  We've anticipated this, but it still hit me like a ton of bricks.

haloedorchid

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. :)

It's true what they say about kids -- you can't imagine having them until you do, and then you can't imagine life without them.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 08, 2011, 07:18:51 PM
Thanks.  It does provide a whole new dimension to the relationship with your wife.  I think you're never ready.  We've anticipated this, but it still hit me like a ton of bricks.

Speaking as Grandpa here,

Yes Marc, good for you and your wife!  I am admitting to always picking up a little piece of hope for our future when I hear of a smart young couple having their first.  This world may just hold together after all.  It also provides a whole new dimension to the relationship with the youniverse.  Enjoy, childhood passes quickly!  Bring it on Michael V. and Nabila!

Bosco

Congrats !

If the child is a boy are you going to name him Art ?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Bosco on March 08, 2011, 09:17:25 PM
Congrats !

If the child is a boy are you going to name him Art ?

I was thinking of a middle name, something like georgenoorysucks.

Bosco

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 08, 2011, 09:31:10 PM

I was thinking of a middle name, something like georgenoorysucks.

I kinda like it.

What would the wifey say ?   :-)

Marc.Knight

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Bosco on March 08, 2011, 09:38:36 PM
I kinda like it.

What would the wifey say ?   :-)

Something in Spanish.  She doesn't speak any English, but she still knows that George Noory Sucks.   :)

JustOneFix

Congrats man!

The comment 'you are never truly prepared" is very accurate. I've got 3 kids and we were never prepared, but once the evidence presented itself, then we started getting prepared...haha.

HAL 9000

Congratulations!

The following site has many funny topics about mom's and their babies - the comments sections can be funnier than the topic question :)

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/8563/

I found something similar to the following on the Internet years ago, before there was a World Wide Web. Though not the original, it's close enough:

The Birth Order of Children

Your Clothes
1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.
2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.

Preparing For Birth
1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time, breathing didn't do a thing.
3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

Clothing
1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

Worries
1st baby: At the first sign of distress - a whimper, a frown – you pick up the baby.
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

Pacifier
1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

Diapering
1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need it or not.
2nd baby: You change his diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
3rd baby: You try to change his diaper before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to his knees.

Activities
1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.
2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

Going Out
1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

At Home
1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

Swallowing Coins
1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand x-rays.
2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
3rd child: When third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his allowance.

Mops

Welcome, my friend, to the show that never ends.  You will discover super powers you never knew existed.

Oh, yes, better start practicing Tarzan yells too.  You'll be expected atop the hospital with the rest of the new fathers.

Mops

Quote from: Michael V. on March 08, 2011, 07:15:05 PM

You already have a lot of the advance work taken care of, because the people encouraging you to have kids will ensure plenty of babysitting.  I would suggest giving them the nightshift.

onan

Looking back over all the things I have done in my life nothing compares to the times I spent with my children. Playing with them, laughing with them and sometimes sharing a tear with them... golden moments. And as they have grown I am still in awe of how much they teach me.

Congrats to the both of you... I am relishing in the joys you are about to have.

valdez

Between the child tax credit, and the earned income credit, it's all gravy.  And if you play your cards right they might even help you with yard work.
Child Tax Credit
Congratulations, Mark.

EvB

Congratulations to you both!

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on March 09, 2011, 07:07:46 AM
Congratulations to you both!

Hey, Congratulations brother, that is HUGE.  Your life will move into a new dimension, as they say.  And you can trust your friends here on Coastgab for your neonatal breastfeeding information AS WELL as your latest Nooryism as you are up late nights rockin' the little one.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

my friend and his wife had a baby about a year ago.  they said the attached image was a big help.  very educational

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on March 10, 2011, 01:17:59 AM
my friend and his wife had a baby about a year ago.  they said the attached image was a big help.  very educational

I used to put my son in the shopping cart - he LOVED IT!

(of course - he was 3 at the time)   :o

EvB

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 10, 2011, 11:51:32 AM

I hope you didn't show that to Mrs. Knight - frightening pregnant women is just plain TACKY!

M Knight

Just an update, on Sunday my wife gave birth to our 7 lb, 3 oz beautiful baby boy.  A sweet little miracle. :)