• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

My wife is pregnant.

Started by Marc.Knight, March 08, 2011, 07:10:30 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: Avi on December 13, 2011, 02:42:34 AM
The big news of today: we're having twins!

one from each ball?  :o

congrats

Frys Girl

Quote from: Avi on December 13, 2011, 02:42:34 AM
The big news of today: we're having twins!
Oh my gosh! That's so cool. Congrats!

Avi

Thanks! My birthday is out as the due date, though, since twins don't usually make it 38 or 39 weeks. Twins are regarded as high-risk in the aged mother - yes, the doctor actually used this word. Thanks, buddy! Beni has been hormonally swinging from tears to violence in regard to this aged status. On the reassurance campaign, I am taking her to dinner tonight, when she comes home.

b_dubb

and all this after a vasectomy!!!!!!!

Quote from: Avi on December 13, 2011, 05:46:10 PM
Thanks! My birthday is out as the due date, though, since twins don't usually make it 38 or 39 weeks. Twins are regarded as high-risk in the aged mother - yes, the doctor actually used this word. Thanks, buddy! Beni has been hormonally swinging from tears to violence in regard to this aged status. On the reassurance campaign, I am taking her to dinner tonight, when she comes home.

I was trying to think of a polite way to ask her age.  ???  I had my last child when I was in my forties.  Not a walk in the park.  ;)  And the nurses kept telling me they had had ONE other older woman in the practice who gave birth when she was 57.  She was Amish. 
I'm sure you know exactly what to say and do after your years together.  :)
Dinner's a good start.  Just keep the smarm outta' your grin.   :P
Oh, yeah....Double congrats!

b_dubb

and stop having sex.  you need to keep your junk in a hazmat container or something.  ;)

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on December 13, 2011, 07:27:07 PM
and all this after a vasectomy!!!!!!!
That's what I'm thinking.  Did you interview the milkman?

Vatar

Quote from: The General on December 13, 2011, 10:02:28 PM
Yeah the general is right.  Start with him and work your way through the UPS Driver, FedEx Driver and Mail Man.  Christmas packages aren't the only bundles of joy they like to drop off at your house.  ;D

Avi

Quote from: Treading Water on December 13, 2011, 07:30:07 PM
I was trying to think of a polite way to ask her age.  ???  I had my last child when I was in my forties.  Not a walk in the park.  ;)  And the nurses kept telling me they had had ONE other older woman in the practice who gave birth when she was 57.  She was Amish. 
I'm sure you know exactly what to say and do after your years together.  :)
Dinner's a good start.  Just keep the smarm outta' your grin.   :P
Oh, yeah....Double congrats!

We are both 44. But I think aged (you know, with two syllables and all) describes Joseph's Tomb or the Babylonian Talmud. I have been smarmless, believe you me, since the remark was made.

Avi

Quote from: The General on December 13, 2011, 10:02:28 PM

No need. I milk the goats, so I am the milkman.

Quote from: Vatar on December 13, 2011, 10:44:52 PM
Yeah the general is right.  Start with him and work your way through the UPS Driver, FedEx Driver and Mail Man.  Christmas packages aren't the only bundles of joy they like to drop off at your house.  ;D

Christmas packages? Not a problem. Phew!

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Avi on December 14, 2011, 01:17:54 AM
We are both 44. But I think aged (you know, with two syllables and all) describes Joseph's Tomb or the Babylonian Talmud. I have been smarmless, believe you me, since the remark was made.

Tell her not to feel bad.  When my mother was only 77 (I say "only" because she is now 88), she underwent back surgery.  The bill included an upgraded charge for anesthesia, explained with the code language, "Patient of Extreme Age."

We have had good laughs over that one for the last eleven years.  Luckily she has a good sense of humor.  Tell Beni's hormones they need to laugh about being "aged."  Could be worse.  Could be "Patient of Extreme Age." 

Edited to add: And congrats and good luck with the twins! 

BobGrau

You could call them Coast and Gab.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on December 14, 2011, 11:54:53 AM

congrats, buddy.  and i recommend the above.

Vatar

You should name them Michael and Curtis.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on December 14, 2011, 11:54:53 AM

A fine idea. I shall take it under consideration. No, really.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 14, 2011, 01:32:56 PM
congrats, buddy.  and i recommend the above.

Thank-you. We will raise them "Booyah!-free."

b_dubb

waiting for Avi to start the thread "My wife is pregnant ... AGAIN!!!"

Avi

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 22, 2011, 01:35:22 PM
Oh man, don't say that!  :-\

Well, it is not uncommon, I am told. Not only that, I have damned impressive empirical evidence for this hypothesis.

Quote from: b_dubb on December 22, 2011, 02:41:40 PM
waiting for Avi to start the thread "My wife is pregnant ... AGAIN!!!"

Don't wish this upon me. My cojones are at stake, entirely.

MV/Liberace!

lol, in retrospect, i guess i should have made my announcement here rather than the "mish shedlock is a turd" thread, haha.

Lovely Bones

For those who are too lazy to track down Michael's announcement on the other board/thread:

Quotei found out sunday night i'm going to be a father.  i think we'll name the baby mish shedlock vandeven.

Congrats, Mighty Leader.  Gosh, there are a lot of baby coastgabbers in the oven. 

b_dubb

Yes congrats to the expectant mums and dads

MV/Liberace!

thanks, guys.  as i've said before, for a message board, coastgab is comprised of an unusually large number of people who are capable of getting laid.  :)

Avi

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 01, 2012, 09:04:24 PM
coastgab is comprised of an unusually large number of people who are capable of getting laid.  :)

Now there's a low bar!  ;D

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 01, 2012, 09:04:24 PM
thanks, guys.  as i've said before, for a message board, coastgab is comprised of an unusually large number of people who are capable of getting laid.  :)

I'll let you guys in on a secret if you haven't yet figured it out.  Young women--and perpetually shallow women--are stupid as all get out.  They (we) pass over the truly great men for the allegedly hot guys, the bad boys, the supposedly cool guys and ignore the best. 

If we're smart, we grow up and figure out that the sexiest combination in the world is a really smart guy with a great sense of humor.

BobGrau

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 01, 2012, 09:46:03 AM
Congrats, Mighty Leader.  Gosh, there are a lot of baby coastgabbers in the oven.

With overnight talk radio being so crap these days, people are forced to make their own entertainment.

Congrats Michael, if it's a girl call her Belle.

Avi

Amniocentesis results today! All is well on the genetic front. The twins are identical, rather than fraternal, but we did not ask the sex. It will be a surprise.