• Welcome to BellGab/bellchan Archive.
 

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 10, 2011, 11:33:34 PM

Quote from: bateman on June 06, 2016, 06:45:22 PM
Oh my.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4mwkln/the_official_make_fun_of_suicidal_bernouts_maga/

QuoteJesus fucking christ, are you racist cunts for real? Laugh all you want! but Bernie was about to win and give us free food, iphones and macbooks, we were about to welcome millions of illegals and muslims to live in a perfect socialist society and my wife's boyfriend would receive his well deserved slavery reparations. Dam i'm so mad right now and my mom is entering the room carrying a plate of chicken nuggets, i think i'm about to explode...

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2016, 05:56:52 PM
What ever happened to waiting until the polls closed?  They haven't even opened yet.
Someone failed to tell Bernie.   He's holding a rally in San Francisco that's being live streamed right now.

LIVE Stream: Bernie Sanders San Francisco California GOTV Concert & Rally (6-6-16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2Ml0HYRiU

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 06, 2016, 07:05:33 PM
Someone failed to tell Bernie.   He's holding a rally in San Francisco that's being live streamed right now.

LIVE Stream: Bernie Sanders San Francisco California GOTV Concert & Rally (6-6-16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2Ml0HYRiU

If I remember correctly, Dave Mathews is performing

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on June 06, 2016, 06:58:38 PM
Classic Headbanging.  Mom and Dad  want him on Ritalin. Stat!
And all he wanted was a Pepsi. They still are touring and rock. Saw them with Slayer and Exodus a couple years ago. Good time. I think they are touring with Megadeth now.

TigerLily

Just watched Trump "double down" adding more fuel to the Mexican judge fire and throwing Muslim judges on the pyre too.  Gingrich, the presumptive Trump veep, just verbally bitch slapped Trump.   8)

Yes. I think Trump just got in the race for his own ego and to shill the Trump brand.  He probably never thought he would get this far.  But now thanks to all the Tump supporters buying in to his b.s., he will be trying to back out of this mess by going full on Trump crazy  8)  8)


Quote from: TigerLily on June 06, 2016, 07:21:26 PM
Just watched Trump "double down" adding more fuel to the Mexican judge fire and throwing Muslim judges on the pyre too.  Gingrich, the presumptive Trump veep, just verbally bitch slapped Trump.   8)

Yes. I think Trump just got in the race for his own ego and to shill the Trump brand.  He probably never thought he would get this far.  But now thanks to all the Tump supporters buying in to his b.s., he will be trying to back out of this mess by going full on Trump crazy  8)  8)

I don't understand it either.

Once again, still better than that vile cunt Hillary Clinton.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: whoozit on June 06, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
Just don't pee in mine, that's where I go.  You are not supposed to cross the streams.

Yes, that was just the issue. I was okay with him peeing in his own shower. He thought it was okay to pee in other people's showers. They're used to be range wars about this kind of thing based on what people were dumping in rivers upstream from you. It comes down to a question of where your rights end and mine begin. Age-old problem.

It was a lively discussion, if you can find it.

TigerLily


King of Kucks aka King of Virgins

Don't make me play the Bailey Jay card

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailey_Jay


"She's hot!"

Quote from: MV on June 06, 2016, 12:07:50 PM
oof.  isn't that just the pits?  i had a PhD a&p professor who looked to be about 60 years old, and from time to time she would make mention of the fact that she had student loans to pay off.  it was just unbelievable to me that someone of her age would still be whittling away at student loans, but i think that's probably more common than most would suspect.

I've accepted the fact I owe my soul to pay student loans.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 06, 2016, 07:47:43 PM
I've accepted the fact I owe my soul to pay student loans.
Debt slavery. Though unlike normal, or traditional slavery, one enters into it so, maybe Debt Indenturement? Though some would say it would cause some serious issue I don't see why certain debts (taxes, student loans) are held to be of more worth and deemed special cases from other debts in which one can use bankruptcy courts or seek settlements on less value? I can understand 'child support' debts being protected but why the others? Especially the inflated, and increasingly worthless, cost of education?

albrecht

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 06, 2016, 07:33:50 PM
Yes, that was just the issue. I was okay with him peeing in his own shower. He thought it was okay to pee in other people's showers. They're used to be range wars about this kind of thing based on what people were dumping in rivers upstream from you. It comes down to a question of where your rights end and mine begin. Age-old problem.

It was a lively discussion, if you can find it.
Get with the program mister. People should be able to piss where-ever they wish regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, or location. It is called tolerance and progressive values. Visit SF or a progressive city and you sometimes will even see the ability to crap where-ever you wish, regardless of gender-choices or location etc.  ;)

Hillary's brother in law arrested for DUI. Good old Roger Clinton.

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2016, 07:53:21 PM
Debt slavery. Though unlike normal, or traditional slavery, one enters into it so, maybe Debt Indenturement? Though some would say it would cause some serious issue I don't see why certain debts (taxes, student loans) are held to be of more worth and deemed special cases from other debts in which one can use bankruptcy courts or seek settlements on less value? I can understand 'child support' debts being protected but why the others? Especially the inflated, and increasingly worthless, cost of education?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0

Roswells, Art

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 06, 2016, 07:59:45 PM
Hillary's brother in law arrested for DUI. Good old Roger Clinton.

You would think these people could afford taxis.

norland2424

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 06, 2016, 09:18:51 PM
You would think these people could afford taxis.

I live in the city he got rolled in, and youd be surprised on what rich idiots do here.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2016, 07:55:47 PM
Get with the program mister. People should be able to piss where-ever they wish regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, or location. It is called tolerance and progressive values. Visit SF or a progressive city and you sometimes will even see the ability to crap where-ever you wish, regardless of gender-choices or location etc.  ;)

There's nothing so sad as taking a wonderful concept like tolerance and stretching, mangling and reinterpreting it to the point where is has lost its meaning and been perverted to serve some other cause. That seems to be where this society is at, desperately grasping for clarity and guidance from words and concepts that have less and less shared meaning.

Which is why, in the case of Bellgab, I have had so little success in explaining to some people why it is not a good thing to pee in someone else's shower (unless, of course, you have their permission) or why people's worries about Trump might have some legitimacy. It's always been hard to convince people of anything. And these days, it's harder than ever.

albrecht

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 06, 2016, 09:34:03 PM
There's nothing so sad as taking a wonderful concept like tolerance and stretching, mangling and re-interpreting it to the point where is has lost its meaning and been perverted to serve some other cause. That seems to be where this society is at, desperately grasping for clarity and guidance from words and concepts that have less and less shared meaning.

Which is why, in the case of Bellgab, I have had so little success in explaining to some people why it is not a good thing to pee in someone else's shower (unless, of course, you have their permission) or why people's worries about Trump might have some legitimacy. It's always been hard to convince people of anything. And these days, it's harder than ever.
I thought that was the whole point of Antonio Gramsci, Frankfurt School, Tavisstock, post-modernism, deconstructalism, etc? To destroy (or in some of their minds understand) that there is no meaning behind words or truth. Or, in some cases, that the judgements/racism/classism/sexism/exploitation is on account of the language and so it must be changed, or to used by reframing, refining words, moving the window, and language to further social "progress." Cultural-relativism, "hate" speech laws, political correctness, cultural Marxism,  etc. Surely my simply argumentum ad absurdum won't stop that! Gender, even race, is self identifiable- why shouldn't being able to piss or defecate anywhere one wishes? Who are YOU to say different!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 06, 2016, 09:34:03 PM
There's nothing so sad as taking a wonderful concept like tolerance and stretching, mangling and reinterpreting it to the point where is has lost its meaning and been perverted to serve some other cause. That seems to be where this society is at, desperately grasping for clarity and guidance from words and concepts that have less and less shared meaning.

Which is why, in the case of Bellgab, I have had so little success in explaining to some people why it is not a good thing to pee in someone else's shower (unless, of course, you have their permission) or why people's worries about Trump might have some legitimacy. It's always been hard to convince people of anything. And these days, it's harder than ever.

I've read your posts. I agree with them for the most part. Sorry I didn't mention it before. You aren't changing my mind though. I already agreed with you before you posted.


Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2016, 10:05:32 PM
I thought that was the whole point of Antonio Gramsci, Frankfurt School, Tavisstock, post-modernism, deconstructalism, etc? To destroy (or in some of their minds understand) that there is no meaning behind words or truth. Or, in some cases, that the judgements/racism/classism/sexism/exploitation is on account of the language and so it must be changed, or to used by reframing, refining words, moving the window, and language to further social "progress." Cultural-relativism, "hate" speech laws, political correctness etc. Surely my simply argumentum ad absurdum won't stop that! Gender, even race, is self identifiable- why shouldn't being able to piss or defecate anywhere one wishes? Who are YOU to say different!

Well, now you've hit on what is probably my biggest bugaboo and also, btw, the greatest threat to civilization, the human race, baseball, hot dogs, and anything else worth living for: subjectivism. If you look at modern society, you can see the chaos and confusion that this view of the world has caused on practically every level.

Relativism is one example of this trend. It's not that it doesn't have any value or is not a useful tool in understanding the world. It's that relativism can be dangerously unbalanced without any sort of objectivity (objective truth). It's not an either/or situation. What's healthy is a mixture. Too much objective truth, as defined by an elite, can lead to authoritarian societies dominated by religious or political tyrants. Too much subjectivism can lead to liberal democracies paralyzed by their inability to agree on even the most basic concepts and values (sound familiar?).

So yeah, there are definitely reasons why every effort to distinguish up from down and more from less, much less good from evil, can turn into an endless argument nowadays. And it's getting worse, not better. And yes, to agree with a point you made, subjectivism is often used as the means to achieve an end. IMO, the end sometimes turns out to be a poor justification for the harm done by the means.


Value Of Pi

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 06, 2016, 10:08:00 PM
I've read your posts. I agree with them for the most part. Sorry I didn't mention it before. You aren't changing my mind though. I already agreed with you before you posted.

Thanks. Always nice to hear from other BGers who agree or disagree "for the most part." I appreciate the amount of critical thinking that goes into distinguishing one part from the other.

whoozit

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 06, 2016, 07:33:50 PM
Yes, that was just the issue. I was okay with him peeing in his own shower. He thought it was okay to pee in other people's showers. They're used to be range wars about this kind of thing based on what people were dumping in rivers upstream from you. It comes down to a question of where your rights end and mine begin. Age-old problem.

It was a lively discussion, if you can find it.
I think you misunderstood my simple joke and tried to give it deep meaning. Never stop twisting the meaning of other's words to fit your narrative.  It is your thing and you excel at it.

Juan

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 06, 2016, 11:41:21 PM
Thanks. Always nice to hear from other BGers who agree or disagree "for the most part." I appreciate the amount of critical thinking that goes into distinguishing one part from the other.
Just so long as it doesn't cross over into critical theory.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: whoozit on June 07, 2016, 03:01:54 AM
I think you misunderstood my simple joke and tried to give it deep meaning. Never stop twisting the meaning of other's words to fit your narrative.  It is your thing and you excel at it.

Your joke was simple and straightforward, and no misunderstanding, deeper meaning or twisting of meaning to fit a narrative was involved.

Quote from: whoozit on June 06, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
Just don't pee in mine, that's where I go.  You are not supposed to cross the streams.

The conversation a few months ago started pretty much the same way, although with another poster at first, as I recall, not Mr. MD. Like you, I said I wouldn't want him peeing in my shower, though without the joke part you added. (Though people seemed to get a kick out of the whole interchange.) That's all there is to it -- the old pee controversy resurfacing.


SredniVashtar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on June 06, 2016, 09:53:17 AM
It's simple, the United States is 19 trillion in debt. Bernie Sanders wants to add 15-21 trillion in debt on top of crushing business with new regulations and gibs. Not only would that cause rampant inflation and knock out small and middle class business on top of destroying the quality of the services he wants to offer for free. How is this bullshit going to work? Who's going to pay for this? Duh rich! Yup the guy who backed down from community college rejects is going to manipulate the most powerful people in the world who hate him to give up substantial portions of their wealth while the currency loses significant percentage of it's buying power. You have to be a fucking idiot with low comprehension of how math or economics works to not understand this. We're not even going into his ridiculous social proposals or how he's pissed on the Democrats making them almost so radical they can't be mainstream like the neo-Conservatives did to the Republican Party.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/09/bernie-sanders-budget-would-add-21-trillion-to-debt-analysis.html

http://fortune.com/2016/05/09/bernie-sanders-economic-plan-would-add-18-trillion-to-federal-debt-report/

When you cite their histories, do you mean they voted for the bailouts and wars?

I'm confused what "a few years ago" has to do with today unless you can't tell the difference between white people. Especially since Trump destroyed all of the establishment from "a few years ago" to the point they're openly out to get him.

And again you have nothing to back up what you say except flowery words. Please don't respond with paragraphs of inane bullshit. Have fun with all the freedom you have in the UK.



There's an interesting book that you might care to read (although I wonder when you last read a book, because most of the time it looks like you don't do more than scan a few headlines) called 'The Global Minotaur'. It made the case that the system broke down post-2008 because the USA stopped performing a vital function, which involved deliberately running a budget and trade deficit to stimulate the world economy. After the crash, they drew their horns in and things have never been the same. It's worth a read, but I doubt you're capable of looking at anything from a different perspective. Or reading anything that lasts more than a couple of hundred words.

To a large extent the spectre of inflation is a myth promulgated by the right, who hate the thought of seeing the value of their savings depreciate in value. They see a certain level of unemployment to be quite desirable, as long as they aren't caught up in the effects (which they almost certainly never are). The USA isn't in danger of becoming Weimar Germany because a very specific set of conditions were in operation then. People bleat about the horrors of a decent minimum wage, but never consider that these people then have increased spending power to go out and stimulate the economy further. All the advocates of austerity are interested in is pulling up the drawbridge and screw everyone else.

I don't know what regulations you are referring to. If you align with the Libertarian crowd they'd still have 5-year-olds shinning up chimneys. Some regulations are a good thing. If businesses are that rickety that they will be knocked out by a light breeze like that then it doesn't sound like they had very solid foundations to start with. Likewise health care. Is it a good thing that people have access to a decent level of health care, or not? You're supposed to be the world's only superpower, but you have far too many people who can't afford to access decent services. Is that a reasonable situation, or not? And is the money invested going to fall into a bottomless pit, or will there be concomitant benefits in the future that that report didn't take into account?

Too often I hear the mantra 'we can't afford it' from some smooth-faced bastard in a sharp suit, but they can quickly afford the money to bomb the buggery out of some poor sods in the middle east if their paymasters in the defence industry tell them that's what they should be doing. That truly is a waste of money, unless you are in a small elite who profits from the contracts. I bet you were one of those people who supported going into Iraq after 9/11 (you don't sound like an independent thinker to me) and anyone who did holds a certain amount of responsibility for the current situation.

Don't try and tell me about the bloody country where I live either! You're the dolt who was getting his drawers in a knot about the Muslim mayor, when the guy is as moderate as they come. You have never been here, for sure, and I doubt whether you ever leave the confines of your own country. Try reading around subjects for a change, instead of believing the first thing that confirms your ignorant view of the world.

I could say more, but this is, frankly, a waste of time anyway, although I thought there were a few points to make. I don't know what you mean by 'flowery'. I apologise profusely for being reasonably literate, but I did make an effort to provide some information that wasn't parroted by a fucking website, unlike  you.



TigerLily


Oh Sredni. You are a dreamy-eyed optimist casting pearls

Not too worry. We are all busy watching the Great Trump Implosion

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 07, 2016, 09:19:49 AM
There's an interesting book that you might care to read (although I wonder when you last read a book, because most of the time it looks like you don't do more than scan a few headlines) called 'The Global Minotaur'. It made the case that the system broke down post-2008 because the USA stopped performing a vital function, which involved deliberately running a budget and trade deficit to stimulate the world economy. After the crash, they drew their horns in and things have never been the same. It's worth a read, but I doubt you're capable of looking at anything from a different perspective. Or reading anything that lasts more than a couple of hundred words. Obama has ran the highest deficits in the history of the US, more than all other previous presidents combined. Our total debt will go to $21 trillion at the end of the year.

To a large extent the spectre of inflation is a myth promulgated by the right, who hate the thought of seeing the value of their savings depreciate in value. They see a certain level of unemployment to be quite desirable, as long as they aren't caught up in the effects (which they almost certainly never are). The USA isn't in danger of becoming Weimar Germany because a very specific set of conditions were in operation then. People bleat about the horrors of a decent minimum wage, but never consider that these people then have increased spending power to go out and stimulate the economy further. All the advocates of austerity are interested in is pulling up the drawbridge and screw everyone else. If people buy more because they are paid more, then prices will increase and then their $15/hr will be negated by the law of supply and demand.

I don't know what regulations you are referring to. If you align with the Libertarian crowd they'd still have 5-year-olds shinning up chimneys. Some regulations are a good thing. If businesses are that rickety that they will be knocked out by a light breeze like that then it doesn't sound like they had very solid foundations to start with. Likewise health care. Is it a good thing that people have access to a decent level of health care, or not? You're supposed to be the world's only superpower, but you have far too many people who can't afford to access decent services. Is that a reasonable situation, or not? And is the money invested going to fall into a bottomless pit, or will there be concomitant benefits in the future that that report didn't take into account? Obamacare is a disaster, with premiums going up as much as 60% this year, and deductibles as high as $1000. It is not affordable by any means.

Too often I hear the mantra 'we can't afford it' from some smooth-faced bastard in a sharp suit, but they can quickly afford the money to bomb the buggery out of some poor sods in the middle east if their paymasters in the defence industry tell them that's what they should be doing. That truly is a waste of money, unless you are in a small elite who profits from the contracts. I bet you were one of those people who supported going into Iraq after 9/11 (you don't sound like an independent thinker to me) and anyone who did holds a certain amount of responsibility for the current situation. Hillary voted for the war, Trump was against it.

Don't try and tell me about the bloody country where I live either! You're the dolt who was getting his drawers in a knot about the Muslim mayor, when the guy is as moderate as they come. You have never been here, for sure, and I doubt whether you ever leave the confines of your own country. Try reading around subjects for a change, instead of believing the first thing that confirms your ignorant view of the world. Why not, you opine on the US ad nauseam.

I could say more, but this is, frankly, a waste of time anyway, although I thought there were a few points to make. I don't know what you mean by 'flowery'. I apologise profusely for being reasonably literate, but I did make an effort to provide some information that wasn't parroted by a fucking website, unlike  you.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod