• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Breakng news. Not good.

Started by Yorkshire pud, June 12, 2016, 01:49:29 AM

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 08:24:29 AM
Just guessing here, but I suppose the shooter was the only armed individual in the club?

"A police officer working as a security guard inside the club, which has operated in downtown Orlando since 2004, exchanged fire with the suspect at about 2 a.m. EDT, police officials said."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shooting-breaks-florida-gay-nightclub-media-081442509.html

albrecht

"Hopefully we can import more radicals in addition to the ones born of immigrant Muslims and cartel members walking across my open border. We must fundamentally change the country."
-Obama (paraphrased, and satirized, but based from policy actions)
http://www.npg.org/library/forum-series/impact-refugees-size-security-u-s-population.html
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/11/obama-administration-surge-agenda-threatening-u-s-100-syrian-refugees-per-day/

http://www.npg.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Impact-of-Refugees2016rev.pdf (opens pdf)

Lilith

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 12, 2016, 09:22:09 AM
Yes, cause and effect... these terrible acts and equally terrible reactions reek of it.  Unfortunately it seems that "Wild Bunch" is the only play in our playbook.

As long as it makes money for the 1%, I'm afraid so.  It doesn't speak well of humanity.  Seeing the reports of the blood donors lining up gives me hope, but I'm afraid that most of them are not in the 1% that controls the ways of the world.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 12, 2016, 10:03:52 AM
If our reactions are that predictable, then we have no chance of beating terrorism.

Dateline

The critical question is do all of the victims have Obama care and met their yearly deductables? 

Or, they may remain with the admittance clerk before they are admitted to the emergency room.

VtaGeezer

I just learned that the killer held out for THREE HOURS with hostages inside the night club with Orlando cops outside. 

albrecht

Quote from: Dateline on June 12, 2016, 10:07:55 AM
The critical question is do all of the victims have Obama care and met their yearly deductables? 

Or, they may remain with the admittance clerk before they are admitted to the emergency room.
Worse they could be veterans (since policy changes and don't ask and etc.) Then they are really in trouble with the Obama/Bush VA policies. I still wonder how Obama is feeling today. He must be so conflicted. But for all the politics and good news for Obama and various agendas, what a crazy, sad event for the families and people. And so predictable from past Muslim peaceful actions.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2016, 09:52:29 AM

I'm going with SV; you are a fool.

If the 372 mass shooters were conservative we would know each one of their names. Blacks shoot each other daily in the street and you only hear about it on the local news. Keep believing that all mass shooters are FUCKING WHITE MALES that vote conservative and are NRA members they are your delusions.

Lilith

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 12, 2016, 10:05:22 AM
"A police officer working as a security guard inside the club, which has operated in downtown Orlando since 2004, exchanged fire with the suspect at about 2 a.m. EDT, police officials said."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shooting-breaks-florida-gay-nightclub-media-081442509.html

Thank You.  One lone armed security guard. Hardly discouragement for mass shootings IMO.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 10:11:57 AM
Thank You.  One lone armed security guard. Hardly discouragement for mass shootings IMO.
The Muslim was also a security guard apparently (according to CNN) though I don't think was working at the club. CNN is pumping up the "deadliest mass shooting" and etc. So stupid but a great example of bleed it leads. They are wanting the next biggest and pumping it up for a copy-cat. Sad.

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 10:10:24 AM
If the 372 mass shooters were conservative we would know each one of their names. Blacks shoot each other daily in the street and you only hear about it on the local news. Keep believing that all mass shooters are FUCKING WHITE MALES that vote conservative and are NRA members they are your delusions.

Well, not all of them.

"As Mother Jones reported, "Since 1982, there have been at least 70 mass shootings across the country... Forty four of the killers were white males. Only one of them was a woman." So white men have been responsible for about 63 percent of mass shootings in that span, despite comprising a far smaller portion of the total population. "

http://www.vice.com/read/what-we-know-about-mass-shootings-in-america-in-2015-729

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 10:11:57 AM

Security levels are always scar tissue from previous bad experiences.  From 9/11 on down.

albrecht

NPR is a hoot to put some laughs in a horrible event. The handwringing over blaming Islam but the converse concerns about 'hate' towards BLTQS is classic. They also just cut to a commercial for a multicultural school after, hesitantly, mentioning the Muslim's name. The local NPR called it "hate crime" the national "called it," albeit hesitantly, "terrorism."

Lilith

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 12, 2016, 10:18:45 AM
Security levels are always scar tissue from previous bad experiences.  From 9/11 on down.

In our building, we are always asking for a security guard.  We have 200 apartments in an 18 floor building, and not one security guard.  Every time we ask for one, they give us another street light.  We have locked doors, and  key ring scanners to use to get in the building, but people who "shouldn't be in here" just walk in behind us when we come back with our groceries.  The police tell us to call our office manager, and our office manager tells us to call the police.

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 10:25:21 AM
The police tell us to call our office manager, and our office manager tells us to call the police.

Hey, the system works!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 12, 2016, 10:20:09 AM
Naturally, the feds knew all about this cat. He`s been on the radar for years.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

So he's an American citizen who underwent a background check for his job and was investigated by the FBI.

Yeah, that idea about keeping all the goddamn Mooslims in the USA under surveillance is looking more brilliant by the minute.

VtaGeezer

Mayor of Orlando had to call the WH to get HIPAA regulations waived so medical staff could speak to the victims' families without red tape. 

Lilith

chefist

Dem state senator, on cue, immediately blamed guns with no mention of Islamic Terrorism. 

albrecht

NPR mentioning Obama waiving HIPPA. So the President, again, can just wave laws away? (I'm not saying I actually like some of the provisions of the law but?) Did Obama do this in other terrorists events or only because he might have some sympathies for BLTWQ victims and the shooter?

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 10:33:12 AM
Yeah, they know how to "keep us safe".  ::)

Maybe I should have been less flowery in my prose.  Security is always reactive.  You'll get more security after the first death occurs.

Time to take one for the team, Brig.

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on June 12, 2016, 10:35:44 AM
Dem state senator, on cue, immediately blamed guns with no mention of Islamic Terrorism.

I saw the gun blaming coming.  I must have special powers.

"My son was upset by seeing two men kissing" - Omir Seddique (Father of alleged terrorist)

Lilith

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 12, 2016, 10:37:43 AM
Maybe I should have been less flowery in my prose.  Security is always reactive.  You'll get more security after the first death occurs.

Time to take one for the team, Brig.

You might be right. We have had lots of beatings and stabbings, but no deaths yet.

analog kid

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 10:36:11 AM
Allahu Akbar

You're more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 10:33:12 AM
Yeah, they know how to "keep us safe".  ::)

I don't realistically think anything or anyone can 'keep us safe'. We live in different times. We used to 'duck and cover' for the event of a nuclear attack. Now even 4 and 5 year old children have lockdown drills in case a maniac enters the school. I can't even scoff it off as a remote possibility, because it really is not. Living in NYC after 9/11 taught the lesson that life goes on and you have to live your life not allowing terrorists or other whackos to rule it, or else they win and then we're really screwed.

No matter who, no matter why, this is horrifying.

Quote from: albrecht on June 12, 2016, 10:37:01 AM
So the President, again, can just wave laws away?

Why, yes, it's called Executive Waiver and it is in fact written into most laws.  Educated people, and those who know how to use a fuckin search engine, and who are not simply asking rhetorical questions for the sake of grandstanding, know this.  shithead

Quote from: analog kid on June 12, 2016, 10:39:07 AM
You're more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

LOL! I'm more likely to be killed by a black man.